Christianity

Hello fellow /pol members. I have a question from a jewish perspective, why is Jesus the Christianity messiah?If I get enough evidence I think I might convert most likely to Greek Orthodoxy as they are the truest form of the religion. If not Greek Orthodoxy then which branch?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flagellation_of_Christ
bibleorigins.net/WhyJesusChristCannotbetheMessiah.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Messiah is a person who will live up to a series of prophetic expectations and partake of an era marked by particular characteristics. In absence of such being the case, Jesus cannot possibly be the Messiah.

The whole world will worship the One God of Israel. Isaiah 2:11-17, Isaiah 40:5, Zephaniah 3:9

Currently large swaths humanity do not worship the One God of Israel.

Knowledge of God will fill the world. Isaiah 11:9, 45:23, 66:23, Jeremiah 31:33, Zechariah 3:9, 8:23, 14:9,16, Ezekiel 38:23, Psalm 86:9

Note that this is knowledge of God - not simply unsubstantiated faith in God. Even amongst the faithful, such knowledge is rare.

All Israelites will be returned to their homeland Isaiah 11:12, 27:12-13, Ezekiel 11:17, 36:24, Deuteronomy 30:3

Though there are more Jews today living in the Land of Israel than there have been since the exile began nearly 2,000 years ago - there is still a large diaspora consisting of millions of Jews.

The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness. Isaiah 51:11

The Jewish people have been historically subject to a great degree of persecution (the Holocaust, the Inquisition, pogroms, etc.) and while generally our condition has improved, we are still a perpetual target.

Nations will recognize the wrongs they did to Israel. Isaiah 52:13-53:5

While modern Germany as a nation-state does much to repent of its history (i.e. the Holocaust), various states and human institutions with much blood and guilt on their hands, to this day either remain silent, white-wash/cover up history, or in some perverse instances even exult in it.

The peoples of the world will turn to the Jews for spiritual guidance. Zechariah 8:23

While there is today an emerging interest in observance of the Noahide laws (the Torah's universal laws of man), there still has not been an en masse turn towards learned Torah observant Jews for guidance in spiritual matters.

Thank you, I as well could not find a reason for Jesus being the messiah which is why I cam eto ask pol. I assume I shall stick to judiasm until I have proof or the real messiah comes.

samefagging this hard

there is not only no proof for him being the messiah there is an avalanche of proof against it. you're very lucky to be a Jew, don't stray from it

>different IDs
>samefagging
absolutely mutt etc

jesus has fulfilled hundreds of prophecies, jews hate him because they are no longer his chosen people and the bible even infers that they are all condemned to hell

>53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

He rose from the dead senpai, for starters. He washed the feet on his followers, whipped the jews du jour into a froth because he made it so there was no need for temple sacrifice anymore. You'll find a lot of jews very resistant to Christ, often panicking like a cornered liar.

>jesus has fulfilled hundreds of prophecies
granting this bullshit is true (it's not), the messiah must fulfill EVERY prophecy. I'll post more unfulfilled prophecies if you like, but I don't even know why i'd bother to argue with someone who can't even read hebrew

none of this actually happened, and if jesus existed he was a garden variety heretic

>if jesus existed
*tips

>the stuff that happened didn’t fulfill the prophesies
>but it didn’t happen anyway
>and the guy who didn’t exist was a heretic
OY VEY!

Lolz, where is your proof that the Messiah must fulfill all the peophecies at the same time, or in the way *you* think? The Torah can be interpreted many ways, and many passages are ambiguous. What makes you think your interpretation is correct? Because some rabbis in 70AD decided so? When your temple was taken from you, the rabbis created a new religion. Jesus' interpretation, Jesus' halakah is correct because he showed himself to be God.

They are not the correct form of Christianity. They left Christ's Church 1000 years after it was formed. Christs' True Church is His Holy Roman Catholic Church established by Him over 2000 years ago.

Catholicism, especially of the traddy variety

>The whole world will worship the One God of Israel. Isaiah 2:11-17, Isaiah 40:5, Zephaniah 3:9
>Currently large swaths humanity do not worship the One God of Israel.

We are working on it

>Knowledge of God will fill the world. Isaiah 11:9, 45:23, 66:23, Jeremiah 31:33, Zechariah 3:9, 8:23, 14:9,16, Ezekiel 38:23, Psalm 86:9

>Note that this is knowledge of God - not simply unsubstantiated faith in God. Even amongst the faithful, such knowledge is rare.

See above

>All Israelites will be returned to their homeland Isaiah 11:12, 27:12-13, Ezekiel 11:17, 36:24, Deuteronomy 30:3

"my kingdom is not of this earth"-Jesus. The homeland is not a place on this earth. We are at home in heaven. How can we be truly "at home" from God's standard when we live in sin?

Though there are more Jews today living in the Land of Israel than there have been since the exile began nearly 2,000 years ago - there is still a large diaspora consisting of millions of Jews.

>The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness. Isaiah 51:11

Key word "eternal," referencing back to the earlier point. the Kingdom of God is not in this world, but the next.

>Nations will recognize the wrongs they did to Israel. Isaiah 52:13-53:5

>Surely our [f]griefs He Himself bore,
And our [g]sorrows He carried;
Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken,
[h]Smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But He was [i]pierced through for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The chastening for our [j]well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flagellation_of_Christ

>23 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

The Jew being referenced is the messiah, Jesus.

Based

Don't convert. Christianity is cucked as shit. Maybe orthodox in Arab countries is still ok.

>If not Greek Orthodoxy then which branch?
I prefer the Russian or Serbian churches over Greek. Here in America I find that the Greek churches are a bit more plush.(Not just pews but fucking knee pads, really?)

This.
>bibleorigins.net/WhyJesusChristCannotbetheMessiah.html

No because I can read actual fucking hebrew you dumb goy. There are multiple completely clear unambiguous prophecies that are major and not fulfilled

>no world peace
>no third temple
>jews living outside of Israel

etc.

All of what you said is pulled from your mutt rectum and nothing to do with the torah
etc.

St. Peter was never in Rome.
The Roman Patriarch was never meant to have authority over the other Patriarchs, just first among equals and have higher honor because it was the seat of the Roman empire.
No human can be infallible.
Catholics believe Pope is equivalent to Christ on Earth and has the power to bond God in Heaven.

Catholics are better than Protestants or any other kind of Christian other than Orthodox, especially if they're trad. I love the Trad Roman Catholics as my brothers in the fight against sin and don't see them as my enemy, but Orthodoxy is the true light and the way.

nb4

Do mean the quotes, or the Catholic theology regarding the Kingdom of Heaven?

Peter was never even in Rome. There's no record of it. Peter started the church at Antioch, IIRC, which would make the Antiochian Patriarch the Pope and the seat of Christendom.

MFW, I almost got a tour of the tomb of Peter in Rome, but my class trip got cancelled because of worry about terror attacks

>Antiochian Patriarch the Pope and the seat of Christendom
If the Latins claims of St. Peter are correct, then you would be correct at well. The aren't so you aren't either. It's clear that they preferred collegiality to primacy outside of Christ. This is Christs church and not St. Peters after all.

>The Jews were undoubtedly aware of what Moses had written in Deuteronomy 18:15: “The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren. Him you shall hear.” Old Testament prophecies had also predicted that the Messiah would be born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14) in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2), that His hands and feet would be pierced (Psalm 22:16), and that He would die for the sins of mankind (Isaiah 53:12).

>There are approximately 100 Old Testament prophecies that Jesus fulfilled in His life and ministry. The one that gives the best indication of the time when Jesus would appear is found in Daniel 9:24-27. This prophecy, sometimes referred to as the 70 weeks of Daniel, predicted that the Messiah would begin His ministry in A.D. 27.

>How do Bible scholars reach this conclusion? An important biblical concept for understanding prophecy is the “day for a year” principle, given in Ezekiel 4:4-6 and Numbers 14:33-34.

>Jesus said, “There is another [John the Baptist] who bears witness of Me” (verse 32). John the Baptist—the prophesied messenger who was to “prepare the way before” Christ (Malachi 3:1)—taught that Jesus was the “Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world” (John 1:29).

>Jesus said, “But I have a greater witness than John’s; for the works which the Father has given Me to finish—the very works that I do—bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me” (John 5:36).

>Note what Jesus told John the Baptist’s disciples (who had asked Him if He was the promised Messiah): “Go and tell John the things you have seen and heard: that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, the poor have the gospel preached to them” (Luke 7:22). This was a fulfillment of the prophecy in Isaiah 61:1.

>Then Jesus said, “And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me” (John 5:37). At Jesus’ baptism “a voice came from heaven, saying, ‘This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased’” (Matthew 3:17).

>Finally, Jesus stated, “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me” (John 5:46). Here, Jesus was referring to Deuteronomy 18:15.

>The spiritually blind Jews were not able to “discern the signs of the times” (Matthew 16:3). They did not perceive that the time of waiting for the Messiah was fulfilled, and they did not recognize the four proofs that Jesus gave to verify His identity.

>Sadly, many of the Jewish leaders still refused to believe Jesus even after He fulfilled the miraculous sign He had given them that He would be resurrected after spending three days and three nights in the tomb following His crucifixion (Matthew 12:38-40;

Why bother with Christianity?

It is a BS false religion.

the jews proclaimed simon bar kokhba as their messiah when they revolted under hadrian. simon was killed on the battlefield

Ahh, the jew is scared. Thats cute.

The jews have all the proof they need and no excuse for ignoring the messiah.

Whatcha doin' there rabbi?

Not talking about OP btw, but the rabbi

>why is Jesus the Christianity messiah
he was teaching love and kindness, freed the jews (he accepted goyim as equal ones to jews - therefore jews were no longer opressed, because you cannot opress yourself) and won over death. If you are a kabalist jew then:
>Moment of the creation is Jesus' life, the painful death of Christ is God's lack of an egoism seen with our eyes,

If you're not a Christian, you're a nihilist and your life has no purpose. Go away.

Based anarchist. Carlism is the Ultimate redpill. Just saying

Sorry. The Falange. Im tired

He did miracles and rose from the dead after the kikes had him crusified.

The Christian conception of god is more black and white.

The sabbitean frankist kikes are not holy and deserve the rope

There is a good Jewish convert to Christianity on YouTube check him out.
Sorry I can't remember the name someone else here will remember

Brother Nathaniel? That man’s a redpill machine.

>after the kikes
it was POEPLE, we all have crucified him