Why hasn't there been an anime about the brave Japanese soldiers who lost their lives at the Battle of Pearl Harbour?

Why hasn't there been an anime about the brave Japanese soldiers who lost their lives at the Battle of Pearl Harbour?

Would it be successful?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LCmlOhsIwBk
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Ignatowski
en.m.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not today, they lose all honour in that war when they were fucked in the ass by two bombs and then get to completely surrender even after that fucking genocide. It's a disastrous loss, a shame for them.

Nobody wants to remember back in the days when they were fighting for the Nazis. At least normal people do. You're probably some fucking skinhead who gets mad when they tear down statues of confederate traitors.

Decent bait

Looks like you have some growing up to do.

Normal people have shit taste. What else is new?

Get a load of this triggered libcuck.

Don't forget when the GIs came in afterwards and bleached a majority of the women for good measure

But there was. It came out when WW2 was still being fought.

No cute girls.
Animegoers nowadays don't want to watch actual Seinen show.

And don't forget, GIs took things from dead soldiers like swords, money, or My Grandpa had a Box full of gold teeth he ripped from Jap mouths, to purposefully dishonor them and steal their dowry during his time in the Pacific theater.

>confederate
>traitors
Lee was widely regarded and respected as one of the best generals of his time even before siding with the confederacy.

isn't that what this show is about

Why can't an anime about pearl harbor be filled with cute girls?

Bump

Because it would be political suicide for a publisher to pick up that kind of story. There are ultra-right wingers but they don't have nearly as much public support. The most publishers can get away with WWII Japan-perspectives are manga like Onward Towards Our Noble Deaths, or series like Konpeki no Kantai and Zipang that play with alternate timeline twists.

Lee is propped up because the Union didn't want to create further division and ease the tensions.

The Pearl Harbor attack is considered a war crime. Even with all the historical revisionism going on in anime today, the Japanese would not be so brazen as to glorify a war crime against an ally on whom they are almost 100% dependent for defense.

Same

my grandfather had a collection of watches, rings, teeth, and much more he said he took from dead Japs. Also had many stories about feeding jap brains to ants on Guadalcanal.
rip grandpa

Pearl Harbour was a Military target most of the destruction have been warships and sailor deaths.

The US firebombing killed more than the the two a-bombs, 1000.000 civilians killed in one night.

>You're probably some fucking skinhead who gets mad when they tear down statues of confederate traitors.
An act of congress immediately following the war declared that all Confederate soldiers were American soldiers, and were afforded all due rights and privileges associated with that distinction, such as pensions, etc.
Tearing down Confederate memorials is tearing down American historical memorials, and only a fucking commie would be okay with that.
By the way, being a communist is technically a felony thanks to the Communist Control Act of 1954, but administrations through the years have been reluctant to enforce it, to the detriment of us all.

Nobody gives a shit.

This is why Nippon doesn't like gaijin.

>start a war you know you can't win
>get completely BTFO
Wow, what a surprise.

So?

My granddads on both sides of my family fought in Burma against the Japs but didn't bring back anything like that. They hated the Japs, but I think they hated Mountbatten more.
At least one of them wanted to buy the guy who assassinated him a drink despite despising the IRA, that's how much he hated him.

You think looting is bad? The Japs would cut the dicks off bodies and stuff them in their mouths. Use captives tied to trees as bayonet practice. GIs didn't do shit the nips didn't do ten times worse.

It doesn't matter that Pearl Harbor was a military target. A surprise attack with no declaration of war is a war crime by definition.

With regards to the US firebombing raids and the two nuclear weapons used, Japan shouldn't have started something they couldn't finish.

>Scene of Japs in planes getting blown out of the sky.
>Honerabu

There is a reason why there has not.

>youtube.com/watch?v=LCmlOhsIwBk
>Bro:"A bunch of Americans charging and firing their Garands at a bunch of crying Japanese."
>Me:"Why are they crying?"
>Bro:"They were being dishonorable"
>Ha!

Almost all Jap WW2 films had japs with shitty roles, other than "Letters from Iwo Jima", in which was more of a moralfag film of Japs of course being dishonorable.

never happened

Japan even lost all the islands they captured from Russia in the Russo-Japanese War. Today Russia is making big bank from all the oil/gas they pump from Sakhalin Island.

Clearly you did not understand the scene in The Thin Red Line, ought to mature a little I suppose.

Making a story about something doesn't mean endorsing its subject matter you massive triggered cunts.

>The Japs would cut the dicks off bodies and stuff them in their mouths.
How is that any more bad than 's grandfather feeding "The Japs" brains to ants?

>Use captives tied to trees as bayonet practice
A few did, sure. It wasn't regular. Execution of prisoners, especially the Chinese, was done by bayonet occasionally, but it wasn't some kind of regular practice session.

>A surprise attack with no declaration of war is a war crime by definition.
There was a declaration, it's just that our retarded president at the time wanted an excuse to go to war so chose to ignore it. You shouldn't trust everything Grandpappy tells you, you realize wartime propaganda was a thing right?

your point?
his ability to lead does not mean he is exempt from the title of traitor.

Why are we arguing about this on an Sup Forums

That's fucking gay, how are you supposed to get the jump on your enemy if you declare it like that? Rules of war are fucking stupid.

Son, did you really expect SEAfags, South Americans and Flippers to understand this? This is Sup Forums lad, don't expect wisdom here but constant spamming of what is considered to be the truth even though it clearly is made up shit.

And? He should have signed up for the Union when asked. Maybe then less people would have to die if it was crushed earlier.

if there was a declaration of war why would the US need an excuse to go to war?

>no cute magical girls serving during WWII's Pacific War anime

So you're a dumb cunt.

>There was a declaration

Most historians would disagree with you

Anime about cute Japanese girls liberating the Chinese when?

Japan was one island away of being rich in oil.

Shamefur dispray

The firebombing and A-bombs used aren't a war crimes because the US won the war.

The true war crime is losing a war and let your country be invaded.

>president roosevelt tells everybody japan declared war and he wants to send them there to fight
>"Fuck that we just fought a war. Can they even hit us from there? We should just isolate ourselves."
>president roosevelt tells everybody about pearl harbor, which japan warned they would attack, and which he deliberately ignored
>"Wow they did a surprise attack. W-what if it happens again? We must defend our nation"
If you don't see the logic then that's on you.

You mean wikipedia and thedailymail? Go look up what a weasel word is.

Serious answer:
Because Americans would bitch about it like Muslims do when a slight mention of of their religion show up in any series.

D-delete this. Remember pearl harbor!

My friend's grandfather had a skull.
A fucking Jap skull.

That certainly would happen, but it's not a reason. Since when would they care? they mass produce weird shit and they will continue doing it despite the whole world's big question mark.

Gooks BTFO

Just like how American deny theirs.

now you're shitposting about their cartoons on a chinese image board
>lost the battle, won the war

Nuclear apocalypse when? I want my bandit ridden wasteland already damn it.

Actually all of the oil Japan needed was already present in the parts of China they controlled if only they had drilled a little deeper.

My friends uncle who works at Nintendo said he killed Iwata, pissed on his corpse, took Iwata's eye sockets and used them as golf balls, and then single-handedly beat up 100 dirty gooks who tried to apprehend him!

I-it was only right, m-muh pearl harbor
muh war crimes

I still wish I was able to take some of Grandpa's old things like he tooth box, but one of my many Uncle's has it.

They got us good.

>You mean wikipedia and thedailymail? Go look up what a weasel word is.

If you think you're right about Japan legally declaring war then go edit Wikipedia and see if your "facts" make it through peer review

>wikipedia is always right
fuck off normalfag

On major historical events like Pearl Harbor, Wikipedia does tend to accurately reflect the majority consensus among reputable historical scholars. The fact that you feel the need to resort to profanity to get your point across clearly demonstrates that you are neither a scholar nor worthy of further discussion.

The guy was already dead clearly if he had his brains. "A few" is fucking silly. This happened hundreds of times to GIs thousands to the Chinese, let's not even get into the Bataan death March or what they did to filipinos. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Ignatowski this arguement is more retarded than Holocaust deniers.

fuck off normalfag

>en.m.
Opinion discarded.

Then go watch flags of our fathers. Terrible fucking movie but you'll get an idea of what the nips did to that guy in a cave.

>This happened hundreds of times to GIs
>links one example

>gets called out as a retarded phone poster
>says to watch a movie in response
>a fucking movie
What the hell is wrong with you?

>this much weeb faggotry
wow this place is a shithole

>Since when would they care?
Note I compare it on the scale of Muslims, not lolis.

Muslims have enough voice to actually get series withdrawn just to remove contents they don't want, but Japan doesn't give a shit about SJW bitching about lolis. American annoyance with Pearl Harbor would be on the scale of Muslim's bitching, it's just not worth their trouble.

>Needs hundreds of examples to prove shit we already know happened
>Can't argue the facts so better strawman about the medium

Kill you are self.

>wikipedia is the best
>wikipedia can do no wrong
>w-watch a movie its 100% accurate
>p-please do not draw attention to the fact im a phone poster who just came here from reddit
I think you are the one who should kill himself.

>Japan has spent 50 years apologize for war crimes they committed
>You unironically believe it didnt happen when they acknowledge it

Shit bait.

>Japan has spent 50 years apologize for war crimes they committed
You mean getting nagged at by South Korea and China for reparation money? Even though Japan has already paid many times already?

Besides, plenty of Japanese politicians still visit the gravesites of dead Imperial Japanese soldiers without apologizing. Get lost crossboarder.

>tfw my Grandpa just hide away to the mountains when Japs occupied this island.
Well he was just a 12-year old boy when that happened.

Just want to add some more about the reparation money thing:

Here's the genius of it: S.Korea uses a few examples of "comfort women" to nag the fuck out of Japan initially. When Japan finally pays up just to get the nagging to stop, S.Korea stays quiet for a bit. A few months to years later S.Korea complains again, and says that since Japan paid once, it should pay twice, since they've admitted fault. This continues until the present day.

It's fucking genius and I can't commend them enough for doing it, strategically speaking. And it gets retards who don't research anything to side against Japan too, it went fucking great.