Shy

>shy
>introverted
>weakling
>oblivious to women
Why are the majority of male MC's always so shit? Why can't we get more mc's like pic related?

Maybe if anime put out more assertive MCs the guys there wouldn't have trouble asking women out.

So faggots can self insert I was very happy when episode 13 of pic related aired and all the self inserters got BTFO'd

>self inserting in anime
I understand If you do it in video games, but in anime I think is autistic and a sign of insecurity.

Barring the oblivious part I wouldn't mind it if the MC's shyness actually lead to consequences.

>Why are the majority of male MC's always so shit?
This gets asked all the time and the answer is always the same. Lurk more.

A little bit of shyness is ok. The problem is when they overdo it
>lurk more

By that, you mean
>feminization
>femdom
>pegging
?

What are some based MCs?

Onizuka from gto

Short Answer: Shinji Ikari
Long Answer: The problem isn't even as wide-spread and exasperated as you think it is, you just need to look beyond the surface of mediocre pandering harem bullshit. Even for basic shounenshit, I can't remember one who wasn't focused on becoming powerful and was fairly outgoing. Oblivity to women is much more common, but that's mainly to prevent the series from dipping into romance unintentionally.
So basically you just need to watch more anime and stop complaining about percieved problems in an medium you barely know anything about.

Pic related is shit

He's an edgy teenager

Because that's what anime studios believe is easiest for the audience to self insert into.

If you don't like it - become rich, famous, and beautiful and let everybody know you love anime. Then they'll change it. Easy, right?

He develops beyond that, which is what the series is about. And OP clearly doesn't have a problem with a character being edgy, otherwise it would be in his list of qualities he dislikes.

If it would not sell like shit I would be inclined to say "Yes".

Tons of famous people like anime but the cultural landscape hasn't changed at all because of it.

because that would require actual effort

>edgy
He doesn't give a fuck. Thats all

>Tons of famous people like anime
[citation needed]

Lmao anime is not even liked or considered a majority in japan. The audience compared to citizen ratio is small. Thr reason we get weak mc is because the majority of anime fans are weak fucks that were bullyied in hs

>Lmao
Ahyup. It's summer.

I'm not an americuck thank god

Clint Eastwood, Zack Efron, Samuel L Jackson, Terry Crews, Robin Williams, Lupe Fiasco, Keanu Reaves, Kanye West, Leonardo DiCaprio, etc.
Christopher Nolan also cited Paprika as his primary influence when making Inception, but I don't have a clue if he's shown any more of his powerlevel, or lack thereof.

What about best husbando?

I understand. Do you want western shit to influense anime?

Or best husbando manlet edition?

No, I wasn't the guy who first suggested becoming famous could change things.

Or I'm the reason the universe exist husbando?

Sad husbando?

A trained Knight vs. Autistic suicidal Japanese high-school drop out.

It wasn't much of a fight. Subaru should've suicided and redid the match.

Because you seem to be only watching/reading shit?

>not wanting to be in the situation the MC finds themselves in and imagine how YOU would work your way out of it

If you think it's autistic or whatever, that's just because you can't appreciate stories beyond being a spectator.

>I was very happy to see an autistic faggot be autistic the whole way through the series

Sounds like you have issues.

I'm sorry I don't do that in TV shows.

Because most otaku are shy, introverted virgins. If they don't self insert then the series won't sell.

Tobia Arronax from Crossbone Gundam.

The MCs reflect the audience

I miss this dude so much

>everyone who doesn't murder, rape, and obliterate all human life is a pussy beta
>everyone who dares touch m'lady is edgy
Where's the middle ground guys?

What anime does DiCaprio like?

Zack Snyder cited Tetsuan Birdy for Man of Steel as well

He supposedly owns or owned the rights to do an adaptation of Akira and Ninja Scroll, and at a conference in Tokyo, 2010 he said he was a huge fan of japanese cinema and anime, but only named Spirited Away as an example. Considering he starred in Inception I have to assume he's also seen Paprika.

OP pic is middle ground

Pic related is all that, the only difference is that he is actually well written

The middle ground is boring

Akatsuki from Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica. The most based MC ever.

This. There's nothing wrong with the traits in the OP, stories only suffer when writers don't have the awareness to take advantage of them.

Guess I gotta agree.

Because you apparently only read young adult fiction manga that follow fantasy structure. Bratty, naive kid is thrown into the world, learns harsh realities, grows, etc., Etc. There's probably some image that shows it but fuck it.

They write their mc's like that so we can have a "character arc" of them "growing up" and not being such whiny shitters. It appeals to the masses because who can't relate to feeling self conscious? They turn that behavior up to 11 so that it feels more important when the mc finally does something.

There's a reason this stuff is mass produced. It's easy to write and easy to exploit. Writers don't have to try and think of interesting characters because the whole thing is held up on the easiest type of character arc. Give them some kind of interesting power or item, a cute side kick, and a love interest and Bam. You'll sell 50k copies of your first few volumes before the series dies when your readers get bored because you can't write your way out of a wet paper bag and you do it all again.

Kamina and Simon

Even self-inserting in videogame is autistic. It is one thing to relate to the character (empathy), but it is another to needing to be the character to create empathy. That lack of empathy shows autism.

Sugimoto the Immortal

>shy
you mean realistic, and of proper social conduct
>introverted
you mean not an adhd asshole with entitlement issues
>weakling
you mean lean, attractive muscles not chocking the bloodflow to the brain
>oblivious to women
you mean pure

The thing with Simon is that his shyness and cowardice is a character flaw that he has to overcome during his development.

What? Kind of projecting there buddy...

>projecting
you mean objectively correct

I don't think you know what projecting means. Not that the other guy knows what he's talking about either.

>what I say is the truth
You have issues user

Unfortunately, this is true.

The MC's reflect the wishes of the audience, and the lack of experience from the creators. The audience wants wish fulfillment and they can't relate to a character if they are assertive, cool, and popular. Likewise, a creator who never left the comforts of home would know nothing except a sheltered and isolated life.

This is why artists should at least travel around, it gives them depth and experience that would make for much better stories and work.

Faggot

It's not exactly self-insert, more a point of association, so that target audience immediately liked MC by sympathizing with his character. Logical commercial move, since most of anime-viewing audience are shy introverted virgins, but pandering to core audience can only get you so far as that particular audience.

That was his point.

It looks like he was simply agreeing with the Simon-poster.

shit show, best protag

itou and mitsuhashi