Why did he lose?

Why should he have won?

why is super so ugly

Manlet

I remember thinking this was like the greatest quick fight in the series

he didn't know how to make his back tingly

He has no good attacks

This fight was so hype back when it was airing. Watching Vegeta go apeshit and then getting stomped was great.

It was the start of Jobgeta:

>Here's fucking Vegeta being serious
>Remember Vegeta is the guy who almost defeated Goku if it wasn't for various asspulls
>Oh shit he got slapped hard
>That's how strong the new enemy is kids

>Goku sweeps through their shit and everyone gets hyped

They did it right here though so I don't complain.

How did we go from this to the trash we are given in DBS

Did you miss the thing about animation schools closing down?Lack of good work conditions and poor pay?

The appeal of DBZ was the artstyle, frankly speaking the plot isn't that different from super in quality(Nostalgia aside). But Super has a bad plot AND poor art.

>They did it right here though so I don't complain.
The problem is that be became the main jobber from that point on, and so did every other DB character.

They only existed to show how powerful the enemy was

It's not just the artstyle though, the fights in Dragon Ball and DBZ had great direction. Choreography, lighting, pacingI mean it, and overall design was incredible. Compare that super which has shit fights, well, it's just shit.

How can they make a franchise as big as Pokemon, practically a household name, and not have enough budget to pay their employees great money? Toei should be a multi billion dollar company

Manleto

the manga was the best storyboard possible

even the DBS-era movies can barely compare

Well, I'm not a fan of Super but GokuVs17 is the best thing to come out of the series so far. And that's sad.

I might be alone in this, but I'm astounded at how anyone can look at Toppa's design and not laugh.

This isnt' America, they aren't doing this for the good of the franchise they are selling merch to otaku's.

The die-hard fans of the series ironically have ruined it by being too loyal.

I'm assuming this clip is from Kai, because the quality dramatically shifts when Vegeta starts charging his blast near the end.

>they aren't doing this for the good of the franchise
I would have agreed before, but it seems they are putting some effort into the current arc. They've also fired around 3 directors so far while making DB Super, so clearly they have some decency.

vegeta 30.000
recoome 55.000

plus he is a manlet

>master roshi shorter than krillin
wow somehow this never occurred to me

Because he's a manlet

It's a really underrated fight.

Any Dragonball arc >>>>> Saiyan saga > Cell saga > Frieza saga >>> Booo saga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GT = Super

GT is a far more interesting story than Super.

I have a hard time seeing how anyone who thinks DB>DBZ can think GT is worse or even equal to Super.

The original manga declines in writing as it goes on and it takes a nosedive in Super. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

>GT is a far more interesting story than Super

lol what? General Rildo shows up out of nowhere and is stronger than Buu right off the bat

all the villains suck ass except Baby and they drug out his arc way too long, Goku is turned into a kid, Piccolo and all the supporting cast die or are useless, and PAN EXISTS

at least the multiverse idea in Super has led to great characters

this

>Remember Vegeta is the guy who almost defeated Goku if it wasn't for various asspulls
he did defeat Goku - Goku was flat on his back, barely able to move, totally unable to fight back. It was Gohan turning into a super-gorilla and landing on him that finished Vegeta off

I find it odd not a single person is talking about this. I mean... my god... why has a super saiyan never come before goku? It's apparently THE EASIEST FUCKING THING IN THE WORLD TO DO.

Training for years? Need despair and rage at the same time? Nope! Let's just have Vegeta yell at a kid for 30 seconds. Now we just need someone to make their back tingle.

Good fucking night DBS is garbage.

>General Rildo shows up out of nowhere is stronger than Buu right off the bat
Golden Freiza, 17,Krillin,Master Roshi,Tien,Trunks.

>All the villians suck ass exceptbaby and they drug out his arc too long
Super started out with a recap of 2 movies with worse animations, then the first arc is literally evil goku and revolves 4 trips back and forth to the future.

>Goku is turned into a kid
How does this change the story in any way?Goku was only kid to nerf him, in super he was hurt by bullets and a laser beam.

>Piccolo and all the supporting cast die or are useless
Atleast death meant something in Gt, in super there is no drama. NO ONE CAN DIE,we know this because End of Z.

>Supporting cast is useless
What show are you watching.

>Great characters
Who could forget great classics like Bobo the clown, Cleopatra and AYYEEE LMAO

Super's designs are laughable.

>Super has led to great characters
Do you honestly think in a few years anyone is going to remember these characters?

Let's face it, every character in Super so far is forgettable. I can see Hit, and Zamasu being forgotten when this ends. The villains in Z are timeless.

Perfect example of a fight that, while still one sided, was interesting. Vegeta was never going to win, but he got some good shots in and did a bit of damage.

his punches weren't strong enough to damage recome

toei has no talent left

PL was too low, even if it was close it was too low so the fight was already decided.

When Toriyama didn't just write his fights to be X tanks everything Y throws at him with a smug grin, rinse and repeat.

lol no

Hit, Zamasu, Beerus, Whis are better than any character in GT

DBS fag here. Why is the animation so good?

>bit of damage.

The teeth damage and armor? That was more superficial damage, if anything.

>They've also fired around 3 directors so far while making DB Super, so clearly they have some decency.

Toyiyama stating his displeasure of Supers Anime early on wasn't empty words, I guess.

Storyboard by Toriyama, one of the few episodes animated by someone competent.

toriyama was really good at fight choreography.

the only two that measure up are oda (who avoids fights for soe reason now) and togashi (whose work is sketchy)

it's back when toriyama still gave a shit

the smug grin and bedroom eyes give me a tingly feeling alright.

This, feels not impressive as it was before.

Recoome has retard strength.