I lost my faith today, anons

I lost my faith today, anons.

I grew up in a religious house. My mother and father were both people of faith. I had a fedora phase but grew out of it and fought hard to believe again. I accepted that I was weak and ignorant and I asked god to help me become a better person and a better christian. But I cant do it anymore. A year ago I prayed the most sincere prayer of my life begging god to help me with something I was having a problem with (the details dont matter) and nothing happened. I made changes and took action so I didnt just sit on my ass expecting the almighty to do everything for me. But nothing...nothing

I cant do it anymore. I refuse to believe in any god that would slap your hand away when you reach out for help. I cannot live in this world and believe there is an all-loving or just god somewhere out there.

I dont want to become some whiny fedora-clad faggoty atheist, but I cant believe the bullshit anymore. There is, and there never was, a god.

What do I do now? I dont feel like "my eyes are open" or some cliched shit like that. I feel like I just found out I have been lied to for my entire life. I dont WANT there to be no god...but I cant fool myself anymore. Should I speak to someone in the church and try to sort this out? Should I say fuck it and accept there is no god but still try to live well?

I honestly dont know where to go from here. I dont think I can be saved. Im so confused. Im convinced there is no god....but I also feel betrayed by god.

Please help me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ao8u0CEvqEY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you familiar with Jordan Peterson's work, OP?

We are an expression of this universe so that it may experience itself.
Do all you can before death and try do do things today that won't limit you from doing new things tomorrow

>There is, and there never was, a god.
Welcome to reality. Now you can become truly human.

God isn't a radio who answers prayers. God is intelligent but there's nothing that indicates he's sitting in the clouds in a throne, listening to all of our problems.

My opinion? He created us, we multiplied and it got to the point where he couldn't even answer all of our prayers anymore. He wants to see if his children can survive on their own, so he's out doing something else for the time being.

Maybe he'll come back, maybe he abandoned us, but the point is he's testing all of us. I'm sorry your test has been so hard.

>what do I do now
Continue living, and have an extra morning to sleep in on weekends.

Also realize that it's always just been you inside your head. You don't have to be an angry faggot atheist. I prefer agnostic atheism personally, but you do what's right for you user. Best of luck in the future.

Be a theist agnostic.

Anyways, realize that, while a belief in God is only dependent upon faith, that Christain values are still a very important part of being a wholesome person, and that you should still follow them. Though, make sure it's a real branch, and not catholic shit where it tells you to be a cuck that lets in immigrnats or shit like that.

This. Time to grow up.

Be edgy and join ISIS

Welcome to atheist club user.

You will feel strange at first, probably for years.

Until you realize you did good, you'll realize this was the real red pill.

I know that there is a moment of emptiness, becuse we are just microscopic organisms in the future, but don't worry.

Try searching for anything that fulfills your life. Wheter it is a woman, sex, a good job, friends, etc.

Don't believe anons trying to put you down and shaming you, this is an interesting journey you will partake with ups and downs, you will start to question things more, become more objective and acquire better critical thinking when debating.

I wish you good luck, cherish your values and go make a better living for you and everyone else.

>there's nothing that indicates he's sitting in the clouds in a throne, listening to all of our problems

Nigger, there's nothing that indicates that god was ever real. It's literal Bronze Age fairy tales and shit.

God doesn't just hand you everything if you ask for it. He tests you. You're just having a hard time right now. What is going on that is so bad?

The answers you seek lie within. The Church cannot help you because they don't understand the spiritual world either. The religions of today appear to be nothing but a set of morals that dictate how you should live your life. True divinity exists within and is experienced on a personal level. You are an outlet of God. The Truth is that this direct connection was purposely boarded up. The external world is nothing but distraction. It is up to you to realize this and restore this connection.

God is supposed to live inside you, right?
Follow your own moral compass and grow a pair of balls. Stop feeling guilty, stop being in constant pain, stop thinking you may go to hell...live your life proper and do no harm. Life will turn around for you, I guarantee.

>Bawwww God does what is objectively good and not what my dumb ass thinks is good

Why is any deity obligated to give you anything?

The universe does not owe you an afterlife.

>trying to delude yourself into believing in superstitions that you know deep in your heart are fake due to Sup Forums memes.

All that proves is that, although you're reasonably intelligent, you're a beta follower who can't think for himself. Work on it, brother.

All I ask from god is not to send me to a place where I end up with all these demented liberals,commies, fags/trannies for eternity.

This. Very good.

>le gentleman's tip

It didn't owe anything a life at all and look how that turned out

> I cannot live in this world and believe there is an all-loving or just god somewhere out there.
You do realize Deism doesn't require you believe God to be just or all-loving right?

Hey brother. I have been in the exact same place as you. I can feel the sincerity in your post. I hope that I know exactly how you feel.

One of the great mysteries with the Lord is his sometime apparent absense. But that’s just the thing. At the times when we think he’s not watching are the times when he’s watching the most.

Life is about struggle, and unfortunately suffering is part of a greater learning process. We live this life in hopes that it will make us worthy of being with the Lord some day. When you endure your struggle, when you work your hardest, that’s when the Lord sees your actions the most.

It might seem like the Lord is slow to act, but he is never sleeping. Give him time and you will see his action in your life.

God bless you brother.

If you mean Jesus as a God then no that God does not exist. Jesus is a myth like all of the Gods of the religions. This universe was created. That creator does not meddle. Be strong user. I once was a Priest and finally accepted the truth.
It took a couple years to settle in. Damn cognitive dissonance.

God probably exists, but he doesn't care about you or your choices. For sure not what you think or pray for.
The Christian idea of god is absolutely retarded, if you want something get it yourself

I prayed and god did nothing

Maybe that is exactly what you needed faggot. Praying is not a get outnumbered if jail free card, the second you start expecting miracles for your piety is the moment you corrupt faith.

Buddhism is the answer.

>and nothing happened.
You got your answer. Deal with it yourself.

Have you ever received help previously when you prayed? If you did, then you are a fool to jump ship now.

>A year ago I prayed the most sincere prayer of my life begging god to help me with something I was having a problem with (the details dont matter) and nothing happened.
that's because there is no god you fucking pussy.

problem or gtfo
jk but seriously what's the problem

You are now your own god, so you make your own rules. Congratulations, and have fun.

wait
>one post by this ID
OP please post

Stop being a faggot

Religion is not about faith. Its about values and community. Especially community.

Religion being many many families together. They build a high level of social trust, as you know all your neighbors believe in similar values.

When hard times hit, the pastor asks for donations on behalf of those most in need. It is the unperverted form of communism. Communism was a creation of the jews to destroy tightly nit communities.

>A year ago I prayed the most sincere prayer of my life begging god to help me with something I was having a problem with

Why is it so hard to understand that God said no, and that He has His own plan?

If you don’t believe in god then rationally you should kill yourself

you think that there's some all powerful being waiting somewhere to answer your prayers and you're fucking delusional. if you can't change your own circumstance, you're a weak willed parasite. nothing is going to help you but yourself. fucking lame-o

Look into Epicureanism.
Coherent worldview based on logic and empiricism.

>God wouldn't give me what i want so now i don't believe in him anymore
Literally petulant child behaviour user. God loves you, but have you considered the problem might actually be you?

Peace of Christ be with you user, i hope you find answers.

>Should I say fuck it and accept there is no god but still try to live well?
yes

>scientists constantly say the universe could be a simulation
>BUT IF YOU BELIEVE IN GOD UR AN IDIOT

maybe the programmer is God.

God is there man even when you have given up and are pissed at him. I've been there.

It isn't about growing up or seeing the light. We live in a land that is being judged by God, the good with the bad. It will get worse, and many will suffer asking for answers.

Don't give up. Tell Him you are losing g faith and hope, tell him you are mad. Tell him everything and listen. You might not get an answer till you croak. Such is life in this fallen world.

But knowing God's mercy you will get an answer. Don't give up, ask for help, remember confession of sins among brothers in Christ is vital.

God will answer

Until your neighbors are a bunch of nigger christians that don't give a fuck about you and all the priests use their donations to fuck your kids.

It's not God that's failed you, OP, but rather you that's failed God.
Your apostasy will not be smiled upon on the day of judgment. Repent before it's too late.

If you do not believe in a god, you are by definition an atheist and there's nothing wrong with that. Stop trying to pretentiously work your way around it because your scared of the stigma.

>I grew up in a religious house. My mother and father were both people of faith. I had a fedora phase but grew out of it and fought hard to believe again. I accepted that I was weak and ignorant and I asked god to help me become a better person and a better christian. But I cant do it anymore. A year ago I prayed the most sincere prayer of my life begging god to help me with something I was having a problem with (the details dont matter) and nothing happened. I made changes and took action so I didnt just sit on my ass expecting the almighty to do everything for me. But nothing...nothing
cleanyourroom.jpg

Oh yeah I had the same experience. I remember praying my ass off asking God for magical powers, but in the end he never gave me any, although he made me a wizard. I also don't believe my dad exists because he never answered me when I asked him to buy me a car.

it was jew bait

Not believing in god predates Christianity.
Epicurus figured this shit out 2350 years ago.

Christians are more perfect than anyone else.

>Im convinced there is no god....but I also feel betrayed by god.
What you need is a logic course, and to stop being a whiny faggot.

>You might not get an answer till you croak
Fucking Christian propaganda to keep your donations.
Such is the corrupt Catholic Church.

>A year ago I prayed the most sincere prayer of my life begging god to help me with something I was having a problem with (the details dont matter) and nothing happened
well... this is why you superstition is bad. Just keep away. Prayers dont work, ligfe was not created by god, earth neighther. Fuck it.
I was raised cucktolic but found very soon it was ridiculous what the bible said. But the reaso i became pure atheist was thinking that no matter how much people pray, god will never answer. I particualry dont like people who get mad because he didnte answer THEIR prayers, you are retarded delfish but whatever. There is no proof he exists and he sure doesn't (just as ghosts).

>please fullfill my dreams because Im asking really nicely
faggot

have also been through hard times and when i turned to god they got even harder. im talking excruciating pain for no reason every day. people assaulting me and attempting to take my dignity. but didnt it say that the world will hate you because of him?
many difficulties lie ahead, and you have to face them somehow. one friend told me how he thinks, he says "i am god". and to a believer this sounds like heresy. but really is it? you asked for the holy spirit to become you and guide you. the father knows all of your thoughts wants and needs even better than you. you would not exist if you did not have a divine light within you. pneuma, the spirit - it is the spirit of god which is what you truly are.
it's a bit like asking yourself for help. this is contemplation. it will help you, but you will still need to experience what you need to experience to grow stronger. and the things you achieve you can say "i did this myself" not without god - but with god. it was not only god's work through you but also your own. without that, how could you exist?

C.S. Lewis writes about this in "The Problem Of Pain". Essentially a book that tackles some problems of evil given the existence of a God, specifically around rationalizing pain and suffering. I think its an appropriate read for you in your current situation.

Why am I obligated to love or worship any deity that not only doesnt help me when I beg for help but actively makes the situation worse just "to test me"?

If there was a heroin addict that one day fell on his knees and BEGGED god to help him somehow and nothing happen - ok fine. Thats one thing

But now imagine a heroin addict begged god for help and suddenly a box full of heroin and needles showed up in the mail.

(No I'm not an addict this is just a shitty analogy)

Parents test their children from time to time to see if they make the right decision. But they dont actively go around trying to force the kids hand to make the wrong choice.

Ok take this example. Imagine you have a kid who is getting kind of fat and they want to lose weight so they ask you for help. Ok, no biggie. A good parent doesnt go get them liposuction right? Maybe a gym member ship or they take walks together. Something like that. Now say you have the exact same situation but the parent goes out and buys pizza and cakes and cooks fried chicken and blows the scent into their bedroom at night with a fan and sneaks sugar and weigt gain powder into their meals.

You wouldnt say they were "testing" their kid - you'd say they were a fucking asshole and a piss poor parent

This has been my relationship with god my entire lfe
>God please help me
>Nah.and not only am I not going to help you, I'm actually going to go out of my way to make things worse now that you've asked for help because fuck you. Now worship me and give me constant praise for how wonderful I am

Its fucked user. Its completely and utterly fucked

You're not replying to your own thread

Im interested, user. How did you rationally disprove Aquinas' five ways?

Not all priests are Catholics faggot.

That's why you buddy up with your local Klan chapter and give all the uppity negros the good-ol-boy treatment. The Klan is more active than its been in decades, however much more discrete.

Religion is just sugar-coating life, the strong accept that they don't know if there's a god or not. You be a good person just incase. Done.

keep thinking, brainlet

You blame Him for your own shortcomings and ask for more and more and deny Him when you don't get it. Being tested and developing strength from it is apart of being Christian and there have been men and women torn apart for not denying Him but you chose to shirk your faith for much less.

You may think you made the right choice in accepting atheism and get all this confirmation from anons that you made the right choice but remember one thing.

God doesn't reward the weak and just as you have denied Him He will deny you.

You have been blinded by an evil society that has abandoned God has tried to teach you that life is bliss and you can be anything you want to do be, and do anything you want to do.

Such promises are the promises of the devil. Learn that this life is suffering, that you are burdened by sin, and that Jesus does not save you from any of these things. Jesus saves you from Gods judgement at the end. That is all. Nobody can be saved by their will alone, because everybody is a monster. This is why we need Christs intercession.

You have failed, and more importantly your church has failed. Time to get back to the basics.

>God is intelligent
>his son (himself) came and taught us that disease is caused by demons
>he taught us that in order to investigate a murder you have to throw a stick and follow the direction it falls pointing to
g-guys I think g-god might be an aboriginal black...

What donations? What Church? The Apostasy is upon us and it is fashionable to rebel you cunt. Repent, man. Remember what Christ said. He asked that when he returns, will he find faith on the earth?

>Not all priests are Catholics faggot.
Boy fucking isn't limited to Catholics.
True Detective is based on real events in Louisiana.

>“Try to exclude the possibility of suffering which the order of nature and the existence of free-wills involve, and you find that you have excluded life itself” - C.S. Lewis

Again user, give the book a read. I'm sure you can find it online for free.

>I honestly dont know where to go from here.

This is a crisis point. Everyone who tries to live the Christian live in a serious way will meet such a circumstance that tests his/her faith. Many of us who are believers have felt betrayed and abandoned by God at some point.

In my case, I could never become an atheist. I could never believe that everything could evolve out of nothing -- the order in the world, the symmetry and beauty and complexity of the human body negates atheism as a plausible alternative.

So I lost my faith as a Christian, but I did pray to the God I wasn't sure existed to open my mind to faith, if He existed. Over a period of years, He did. Imagine the sun dawning over a landscape -- the slow revelation of what was in darkness to the light. Imagine the dawn stretched out over a three-year period. The intellectual/spiritual process in my mind was somewhat like that; at least, that's the best analogy I can think of. All the objections I had were satisfactorily resolved, but in a somewhat mysterious way that it was difficult to put my finger on -- perhaps in the way the very gradual dawning of light is difficult to incrementally perceive, but at a certain point, the difference between darkness and daylight becomes plain and obvious.

>Should I speak to someone in the church and try to sort this out?
I think that is a good idea.

And do pray. Pray in the privacy of your room on your knees, and ask the God you are not sure exists to enlighten your mind. God said "Let their be light." Genesis 1

"I am the light of the world." John 8:12

"The light infused into the mind by the Holy Spirit, together with love that inflames the will, opens up deep and penetrating insights into the mysteries of God, until suddenly the soul becomes aware that God has made Himself present to the eyes of the mind in a manner that baffles all description and can only be understood by those who have tasted the experience." Thomas Merton, The Waters of Siloe

I was an serious atheist for most of my life and then found God a couple of years ago
go figure user

>will he find faith on the earth?
No, and he's not coming back, mostly because he never came the first time. I will not repent, for there is nothing to repent for.

>disease is caused by demons
is this not a demon?
>throw a stick
ignoring the context

>>God please help me
>>Nah.and not only am I not going to help you, I'm actually going to go out of my way to make things worse now that you've asked for help because fuck you. Now worship me and give me constant praise for how wonderful I am
Maybe this is God's way of saying fuck off. Maybe he wants you to find a solution other than "Mr. magical genie please fix everything." At least ask for an angel if you still want the genie route.

>Is god willing but not able?

No, he could.

>Is he able but not willing?

Yes.

>Then he is malevolent.

No. Malevonce would be if he made us sin so he could judge us for what he made us do. Instead he gives us the CHOICE to sin. But the choice is still ours.

>Is he both able and willing?

Yes

>Then whence cometh evil?

From our choices that he has given us the right to make.

>Is he neither able nor willing?

No, he is able and willing.

>Then why call him God?

Because he created you to be an insufferable twat capable of asking leading questions that sound smart.

Yes I browsed Sup Forums back in 2006 as well when this image was posted a million times a day.
You should try thinking for yourself, it's pretty liberating.

God gave you free will because he loves you just as a good parent lets their children learn and make their own mistakes. God will not intervene in your life ever or answer anything for you. The closest you can get is those moments of synchronicity/fate/coincidences that appear in your life. Pay attention to them and follow them where they lead.

Jesus never existed. That is the conclusion of researchers who have combed 126 texts written during or shortly after the time Jesus is supposed to have lived. The research concluded that there was no creditable mention of Jesus whatsoever. The known sources such as Josephus etc. that do have very vague mentions of a possible Jesus are now known to be Christian interpolations and are academic embarrassments when used to prove the historicity of the "Christ". Jesus, the messianic figure at the center of the world's largest religion, Christianity, was simply a fictional character. The story of Jesus bears a close resemblance to numerous other mythological stories of ancient gods who were born of virgin mothers and performed miracles. Man made Gods. No need to dabble with Aquinas as the myth was already established giving Jesus false historicity. Carrier's book is the final nail in the coffin of Christianity.

When you are afraid, remember to call on Jesus Christ, and ask for his forgiveness. When that time comes, remember the name of Jesus, call out to him

Funnily enough, those viruses kill Bacteria. They are the good guys, even if they are more scary. This guy on the other hand is the real monster.

>Look at this smart nigger niggers aren't dumb
That's you right now.
Most priests are not pedophiles. Even among Catholics its like 1-100.
Most other priests can get married and have rates almost insignificant

Lol. OP asked god for a girlfriend

Gods not your personal genie faggot. Get your balls cut off, stuffed in your mouth, and torn in half while still alive cause you wouldn't turn your back on the Lord then maybe we can talk you disegenious pussy.

Embrace KRSNA brother

How can I forget his name? It's the most spoken name on earth. Also, why would me have any reason to forgive me? If he existed and wanted me to get to heaven, he'd enlighten me. He hasn't enlightened me. Also, if you haven't, read another religions' holy book, just to see what they think.

>God doesn't reward the weak and just as you have denied Him He will deny you.

Then fuck him.

God is supposed to be loving and just - but apparently he's a shitty, jealous exgirlfriend.

Why exactly am I supposed to surrender myself, my life, and my soul for such a petty and callous being?

Seems to me that god should be better than a shitty jaded temp employee who fucks up your entire company then demnds a raise

Hear, hear

youtube.com/watch?v=ao8u0CEvqEY

The recordings of Papias and his discussions with folks directly tied to Christ, the children of the "brothers" of Christ, the disciples of the direct disciples of Christ and historians referring to Christ negate your faggotry. I cannot fathom how this notion is accepted. We have a fraction of a percent of the historical records of the period, and Christ preached in the very backwater of Rome, the contested lands.

For a long time people said John the Baptist didn't exist, or Pontius Pilate didn't exist. Wake up dude

God is our father, and like human fathers he will not give you everything you want, just because you ask them, or thinks you deserve it, but only what you need, after God promised Abraham Sarah would get pregnant even though she was sterile it took several years for the promise to be fulfilled, there is a time for everything, and the right time is not your time, God sees things you don't see, I invite you to try a different prayer, in this prayer tell God that your life is in his hands, and that even though your will wasn't fulfilled you assure him you trust him in his wisdom to do what's best of your life. You would never tell a doctor how to be a doctor, so why should you tell God how to be a God?
Peace be upon your brother.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death.

It's called repentance faggot. You don't make the rules

>God doesn't reward the weak and just as you have denied Him He will deny you.

Doesn't god say to help the poor and feed them? I guess it's they're fault for just being weak tho. Retards like you don't attract people to your religion.

first post worst post

Are you familiar with Adolf Hitler's work, OP?

Apatheism.
Read Ernst Junger starting with "storm of steel." It is not your beleif, nor lack of belief, that defines you, but your actions that define you. Adopt a dog, be a good person. Right a wrong in the world starting with that dog and go from there.

> No need to dabble with Aquinas
Okay, now i know you're a shill. Aquinas' five proofs are about rationally demonstrating the existence of God, which is prior to any discussions about the historicity of Jesus. I'm not a Christian at the time, but I have become extremely interested in the classical theistic arguments for the the existence of God. You posting an absolute meme tier image just confirms my suspicion that you are a shill.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

user God has a plan for you whether you know it or not
I know it's hard and I understand what you're going through I'm not going to convert you although I hope you do see there is a God and he loves you
I hope God answers your prayers or at least provides you the means to answer them yourself

Their*