Manga buyfag thread
1/7

2/7

3/7 closeups

4/7 closeups

5/7 closeups

6/7 closeups

7/7 closeups

I didn't realize that the homeless shelter could afford to use living space for manga collections.

Why the fuck did you make your own thread?

Only saw the figure bufag thread.
I've seen separate manga buyfag threads on here for years.

It's the same fucking thread you retard.

Its not all manga, since i put all my japanese shit in the same shelf

is that the tatami galaxy ln or the anime?

The anime, is the novel even translated?

How much did all this set you back? I prefer physical manga to online, but a single manga at my local place costs around $16 AUD each.

This is all I have. just started buying physical 2 months ago. getting Berserk, Magi and Uzumaki later this year....probably.

i've been collecting for 8 years and I average about $5 a book
There was about 1200 at last count
so about $6000?

always buy used but be picky about ex library garbage- One of my biggest pet peeves. I guess not- I wish they would hurry up and do it.
>berzerk
$500 for the whole series on ebay. good luck user

Only small changes, don't feel like taking a new picture.
Been reading Kill me Baby, in finnish, my finnish is only a little better than my japanese.
Waiting for Dragon Half.
Please buy military moe stuff like Arpeggio, GuP and Strike Witches. That and 4koma need all the love they can get.

Can I post my smol artbook collection?

I'd like to be a collector but the difference between manga and books is manga takes up a fuckload more space for a whole series compared to books.

I think I'm gonna sell off a lot of what I own.

go for it!

what you got?
I may be interested in buying

Where the fuck do you live, in a warehouse?

I'd buy more GuP if they released the actually good shit like Ribbon Warrior, Little Army 2 and Motto Love Love Sakusen Desu.
Which ones are best when it comes to Strike Witches?

My small collection. Frankly I dont have much space for more

on display at a con

Any and all of them, really. Sevenseas doesn't want to license more as they shelfwarm.

You could have saved several thousand dollars by learning Japanese and grabbing the books for $1/tankoban.

I mean, I live in Japan so manga is dirt cheap, but still.

I just kind of pity you.

Uh- no they are not you self flagellating Australopithecus

I learned Japanese 20 years ago but still buy translations in the other languages I know if it's for my favorite series.

But I never see them for $1 apiece these days. Even Book-Off in California where I used to buy them that cheaply has raised their prices by a lot.

>I live in Japan
And all of us who don't willg et fucked by shipping anyway.

Buyfag is for all types of buyfag. kys.

So GuP has multiple mangas? Any of them actually any good? I think one of them was actually released here, but I don't remember which one.
Although if I had to guess, it would be a straightforward adaptation of the anime (which wouldn't be perfect, to say the least).

If we're just talking about the english releases then theres the adaptation, which im pretty sure is not very good due to it being released way before the Anzio OVA which meant they gave them a completely different personality.
Then there is Little Army which is alright, it serves as a prequel to both the main series and Little Army 2.
The ones that havent been released in english are Ribbon Warrior, which focuses on unofficial matches with small tanks, Little Army 2, which focuses on one of the characters in Little Army transfering back to japan from Germany and attempting to fix up her schools Senshadou team, Gekitou! Maji no Ikusa Desu!!, which focuses on the NotFrench school Maginot, Phase.Erika which is also a prequel to the main series but focuses on Erika back in Mihos Kuromorimine days and finally Lovey Dovey Panzer and Motto Love Love Sakusen Desu which are 4koma comedies focusing on pretty much every character.
Pic related is the Main characters of Maginot, Ribbon Warrior and Little Army 2

The main manga adapts the anime story from Yukari's viewpoint. Then there's the Little Army prequel.

Then there's a bunch of others that Seven Seas didn't touch because guns and moe just doesn't sell in America.

Here's mine as per the last time I arranged them all in place.

1/2

2/2

Also some insight into importing off amazon. I've got a shipment of 56 manga/LN waiting in my forwarding warehouse that's going to stay there till I know for sure the regional postal services are over their month of extra-unproductivity.

56 books totaling at 13,666 yen.
Avg Price: 436 yen/book.
Weight: 12kg.
Shipping: 11495 yen.
Avg Shipping: 205 yen/book.
Total: 25,161 yen.
Avg: 449 yen/book.

12 new books totalling at 7951 yen.
Avg Price(New): 662 yen/book.
Weight(New): 3kg.
Shipping(New): 2874 yen.
Total(New): 10825 yen.
Avg(New): 902 yen/book.

44 secondhand or bundled set books totaling at 5715 yen.
Avg Price(Old): 130 yen/book.
Weight(Old): 9kg.
Shipping(Old): 8621 yen.
Total(Old): 14336 yen.
Avg(Old): 326 yen/book.

Calculations done in Excel. Figures are rounded off for simplicity's sake here.
Figures derived from weight projection from forwarding website through EMS to Asia region.
Does not account for loss of weight in packaging material once packages combined. (Estimated between 0.5-1.5kg).
Does not account for additional weight from misc items to be shipped with them.
Actual total cost for ordering these 56 books expected to be 1500~2500 yen less.
Shipping peaks at 6kg at 934 yen/kg.
Shipping drops to 855 yen/kg at 11kg.
Shipping per kg goes down 6~8 yen after 11kg.
Divide by 90 for USD values.

I buy 2 volumes/month to keep it easy on my budget.