Friend of mankind

Merlin's long lost brother.

When's the next episode coming?

Tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow is a recap, so next week.

Don't scare me like this, holy shit.

another boipussy

he's hot!

>the series director said people's perception of zaShunina could change after episode 8
Place your bets: what is it going to be?

Well it seems like as he's learning more about humanity his attitude is changing. You remember seeing him in that room with all those books. Up to this point his gifts have been kind of naively benevolent, but as he continues to learn about humanity he will grow less and less naive. He may start offering them gifts that are less "direct upgrades" like wam and super-caffeine, and more seeping societal changes like for instance, getting rid of humanity's capacity for pain or negative emotions. In the end I expect him to reveal something like the unification of all humans into a single entity, along with revealing that he himself is such an entity.

The newer artworks show him somewhat sad/contemplative (just compare his first ED illustration and the second or ), so it doesn't look like he's going to turn all Overmind on mankind. There's one weird line in the recent PV that might be hinting he's not entirely alone, and if so, chances are that there could be some disagreements between the more sympathetic zaShunina and his "ningens are ants" fellow anisotropic.

I'm really enjoying this show and the cgi isn't all that bad but I still can't help but feel it would be better purely 2D

I'll be disappointed if there has to be another figure coming in to create conflict at this point. Right now I think we're headed to some kind of Monkey's Paw outcome.

>Toei
>2D
Hell no. Their shows have some of the worst QUALITY in business.

My Overlord

Lmao that sounds EVA or communism tier

zaShunina's next gift: make the whole show 2D

Lol no

It's pure speculation for now. The author supposedly doesn't write happy endings too often, but from what I've seen in 'Know', zaShunina's argument for human progress is most likely genuine. There may be some other factors in play, but the author is clearly no luddite.

That was 10 years ago. Watch Super for a more recent example of their "effort".

Ayylien autism

So what's with all of the hints about zaShunina having kids?
Shindo's mom was confirmed foreshadowing, and the seahorse bookmark symbolizes (among other things) easy childbirth.

why does that pink cube look like a 4D condom?

Benevolent

So is this show not just a giant retread of Gatchaman Crowds 2 but in full CGI

A three dimensional being in a two dimensional universe.

What

Where did you get that idea from?

How so beautiful

as the moon?

The 'gifts' to humanity are actually bribery, as zaShunina grooms us into their being their underclass.

zaShunina wants to make all of humanity his "children"

The dub for this anime is terrible. Only Kanata is tolerable.

he's offer everything we need to destroy our own humanity
and he's not doing it maliciously

Monkey's Paw for who? Humanity, or zaShunina?

I'm betting he's going to try and impregnate Tsukai.

Humanity. I think they'll take a good gift and make it bad for themselves.

I'd drop the show, no lie.

>Tfw her pregnancy makes drop the hate and becomes tsundere for the ayylien.
Too bad it won't happen.

I'd post that one picture user hates (you know the one) , but I don't feel like it.

He's not really male, you know. I don't think he needs human females specifically.

kado and japan vs the world
kado is a 4th dimensional being, america obviously wants to kill it. the series will incluide more nippon dickstroking, or maybe superJSDF 4th dimensional operators

i know that kado is the box

Do it user, you know you want it.

No, newfag, it's all about the budget.

DBS budget 100,000 ~ 150,000 per episode, supported by Bandai, Fuji TV, and Shueisha. Low budget means outsourcing, all of the QUALITY on Toei's shonenshit are made by flips at Toei Philippines. A1 Pictures Korea is much more worse, watch QUALITY Code or Otaku teacher. Those corrupted souls at A1 made these cheap animus, so that third world countries on South East Asia can afford it.

Toei originals or movies have above average budget, made by nips in their main studio in Japan, the only part of Toei Phil. here is digital coloring. And Precure sponsored by Mcdonalds annually.

He was also reading The Tale of Genji in episode 7, a very famous example of how to raise your own child waifu.

He's a boring generic fujo pretty boy, with the charisma of a toilet.

Perceptions could change? How about zaShunina changing his gender to female - there's literally nothing stopping him. It?

He could, since his human body is just an artificial shell. But why would he?

I don't actually think he will, but I see it more likely than zaShunina being revealed as evil. But as for bullshitting the reasons - maybe he'll get jealous of Tsukai, now that he's starting to have emotions. Maybe those same emotions will make him want to possess Shindo in the same way portrayed in the novels he's now reading. Another user mentioned that the seahorse is a symbol of birth, and in some species the male appears to give birth. Cue 'Shindo's conversation with his mother', zaShunina and Shindo are going to create the next step of mankind.

>[citation needed]
NotGoogle is most likely from America and it's currently very pro alien.

I'm pretty sure jealousy is beyond him for now; he's barely learned how to like or dislike things. As for seahorses, they got that symbolic status because they're known for their crazy fertility. A single seahorse can "birth" up to 2500 young in a single reproduction cycle.

Rip-off of Merlin from FGO

He's just an avatar of the box.

Why do they keep trying to imply that the universe and the anisotropic are different? The universe is anisotropic, if there wasn't an unequal distirbution of matter in the early universe we wouldn't have even gotten stars, and there'd be no planet Earth for Kado and zaShunina to visit.

You'd think a weird alien being that's super picky about correct information transfer would have noticed the giant flaw in separating the two, or if not that the nobel prize winning scientist or his protege would question it.

Did they just translate the word wrong? Did the writers screw up and not realize the universe is anisotropic?

I realize I picked this show up late and the question might already have been asked so often it's considered pasta, but I'm genuinely curious where the wires got crossed.

He refers to Kado as a separate entity in ep2. He's also outright said that he controls it.

That's what the box wants you to think.

IIRC zaShunina said something like "let's refer to your spacetime as 'this universe' to distinguish it from mine". His dimensions are completely inaccessible and borderline unimaginable to us, so it might as well count as a different universe.

Sure, but if he says there's the anisotropic and there's our universe, that sounds like he's implying our universe isn't anisotropic, which it definitely is.

There's his higher dimensional realm and then there's the 4D spacetime we've evolved in and can perceive. As the Sansa effect shows, we also occupy his higher dimensions in some way, but we're not aware of them normally. 'The anisotropic" is used as a shortcut for these inaccessible dimensions.

I'm not sure how far you are in the series but in the most recent episode when people see the sansa they have access/can swap out with their higher dimensional selves. If our universe wasn't anisotropic then that wouldn't be possible.

I mean, yeah, I agree, but the universe being anisotropic is not a new thing, or something we're unfamiliar with. It has different properties in different directions, like over here is you and over there is a different person and off in that direction is the sun.

Every human being on the planet with at least one functioning sense should be have a sense for the anisotropic, because none of us have ever experienced anything but an anisotropic universe. And yet most people can't make Wam for some reason?

There are all the hallmarks here that someone along the line just didn't know the definition of anisotropic, which is not some big mystical thing but an inherent property of pretty simple things, like wood and humans and dirt.

As the base definition, anisotropic is just having different values when measured in different directions, yeah. But if you wanted to express exotic physical properties in multidimensional spacetime, there aren't many one-word descriptive definitions to choose from.

To impregnate Tsukai, obviously.

There are at least more accurate ones they could choose though. For example, you could just go to brane cosmology for the terms and get something that actually sounds pretty convincing. Under the viewpoint of brane cosmology, our universe is a lower dimensional brane (think membrane) floating in a higher dimensional space, like a rubber sheet floating in the breeze in a yard. If you want to go more conventional sounding you could just call the higher dimensional space hyperspace, if you want something more exotic and punchy you can call it the bulk, which is believe it or not a real term in this context.

In this scenario, zaShunina is a visitor either from another brane where they have figured out travel through the bulk, or actually a being that inhabits the bulk itself. His arm trick is him sticking his arm out of the brane so it reintersects with it at a different location.The Wam could be a way to intersect a section of the brane with either another brane or the bulk and draw energy through. The Sansa could perhaps be a way to see out of the brane and into neighboring branes, where reside other versions of yourself.

Fundamentally I suppose it wouldn't change any of the story if they use coherent technobabble instead of incoherent technobabble, but it just grates on me that an alien with access to the sum total of human language and a very strong desire to be understood perfectly is using suboptimal words when better ones are available.

incapable of being decapitated

>mfsw

And then what? Spawning one offspring or two is not a good way to preserve your whole species.

I don't think or hope they'd introduce another being at this point, but the public reaction to the Sansa (1.5x the productivity and no sleep sounds like a hellish gift ya'll work sucks enough), Tsukai's objections and Za beginning to develop both positive and presumably negative feelings towards different segments of humanity should provide more than sufficient conflict.

And with a number of spare heads.

It's interesting to consider how his likes and dislikes could evolve. He clearly likes curious, strong-willed people who want to know more despite their doubts and fears. There's a key conversation in one Nozaki's other novel, which sums up the theme of the book and maybe the point of intelligent life in the author's view.
>“Maybe it’s easier, but the black hole would still kill you if you got too close.”
>Shiru’s tone gained an unmistakable tinge of excitement.
>“But people would approach it anyway. If we could only get that far, I’m sure we would go all the way. Nothing comes back from that abyss, not even light, but there would be still people willing to dive beyond the event horizon.”
>“Even if it meant their death? Why?”
>“Because we need to know. Because we need to live.”
>“Live?”
>Jumping into a black hole seemed like the direct opposite of living to me.
>“’Life’ and ‘knowledge’ are the same phenomenon. Life is born in a great flow of matter, it absorbs it, metabolizes, self-organizes, and, following the rules of the natural world, it temporarily defies entropy and creates order. Life is dynamic self-organization of matter and energy. And knowledge can be called dynamic self-organization of information. Information is physically written into our brains, self-organized, and gains order. Living things defy information entropy.”
>(…)
>“Physical self-organization of matter is life, while self-organization of information is knowledge. Both of these can be said to be core desires of mankind. We want to live and we want to know. That’s what defines us.”

Fake Merlin from F/SN.

>still no preview pics from Animatetimes
Well, that's suspicious.

user, it's just the sad side effect of writers trying to write characters smarter than themselves.
It pretty much always ends up this way.

I think it's pretty meta. Both the creators and the viewers of the story are human, and therefore, dumber than zaShunina. Sure, it could just be an excuse for how vague the explanations are, but it still works well with the "can't explain X scientific/philosophical concept due to the limitation of linguistics" trope.

>but it just grates on me that an alien with access to the sum total of human language and a very strong desire to be understood perfectly is using suboptimal words when better ones are available.

Keep in mind there are two translation issues here. One is zaShunina speaking in terms that were agreed on at the negotiation table, which he himself conceded were suboptimal. His language came from him brain draining Shindo early on in the series as well as scanning his smartphone. Now that he's actually reading books he may come across brane theory and think "well this is a better way of describing it after all."

Another issue is that we're reading English subtitles based on Japanese ones so some of the technobabble might be falling through the cracks in that regard. I don't know though. Either way it seems like what you're describing is compatible with the things we've observed in the show so far, even if it's not the language being used by the characters.

There's also the issue that zaShunina is fundamentally a nonverbal being. Talking in general is unnatural for him.

Newish preview screens.

Asanagi pls go

One more hour

Date?

Is that strip of hair getting longer?

Nah. It's the same it's always been.

>one stream is audio only
>another is dead
>third won't load
Fuck this gay earth.

Mine works but lags like hell.

Yeah, mine just loaded too. And it's a slideshow.

I am watching streaming

Good boy

/thread

zaShunina's next gift: perfect streaming for everyone