Surprised that computer manufacturers were never boycotted

Most people here knows about hdd and the different settings that are used. Why didn't the niggers get upset over master and slave drives?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/11/26/master.term.reut/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

autism

They did. It's called "primary and secondary" now because they let some moron into the programs who was "offended".

>not using advanced host controller interface

no one cares about tech that's been dead for 10+ years

off my board, boomer trash

>Why didn't
>didn't
shhhh, there's some protocols that still use this terminology. spi uses master and slave mode and most mcus will have built in spi or at least some interface that lets you implement it yourself.

scsi had "daisy chain", always hated that term and glad it died because it's pronounced seesee not scuzzy, fucking losers

>

I miss those Master - Slave days

scuzzy!

>Why didn't the niggers get upset over master and slave drives?
They did. You were only a child when it happened though

cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/11/26/master.term.reut/

That's what I thought. I hated stepping on the jumpers that I'd inevitably drop (and lose).

>implying niggers know anything about computers

>saytuh v sahtuh

I bet you didn't know those pin headers were once called Berg connectors

because they had not yet patented literal brain manipulation yet. So true slavery was not yet imaginable. pic related

>t. tween who thinks that people who were 18+ in the 90's are boomers

It's pronounced "sexy" you dolt.

it's been almost two decades and I still hate that word for it

>Satan vs Saturn
But at least the letters are there, where the fuck does the u and double z come from for SCSI

"Hey John can you pass me the Sexy drive?"
You know I would have preferred that to "SCUZZY"

Not at the time. I was 5 or 6 years old when I first saw a PATA drive. All I knew was that the jumpers would sometimes fall out and I'd unknowingly step on them.

you know whats funny, i work in IT, and my boss is super old school, and he'll use these terms when talking to our black customers about their computers, and they dont get mad or chimp out at all, even the real niggers.

Because niggers never read the manual.

Only white people and blacks who aren't fragile stupid niggers know about it.

I assumed at the time they used the master / slave terminology because computer geeks usually were D&D geeks. Maybe they were proto-Sup Forums types all along.

It's pronounced 'scusi', like the Italian word, you absolute mongoloid

Just a bit more history they are not called Berg connectors anymore because the company at the time making them was Berg. However, many more manufacturers stepped up to plate to make the connectors so the name Berg was dropped and are now just referred to generically as pin headers.

because they didn't into computers
At least not at this level of knowledge. The ones who did, probably didn't even think off it

Where the fuck does the "u" come from, you sub-Saharan dick licking jew

>Italy is subsaharan
The u comes from the fact it's otherwise unpronounceable, you dense fucking leaf. Go blow a dog, or Turdeau, idc

I don't know a fucking thing about computers.

It's pronounced scuzzy you retard, literally every single person says scuzzy I've never heard anyone say anything else.

t. IT guy for 20 years in Silicon Valley

>Why didn't the niggers get upset over master and slave drives?
Because the era of those harddrives was back in the day when there weren't yet identity politics everywhere. (Safe spaces, gender fluiditty, veganism, refugees, hipsters, feminism and all that other politically correct bullshit that only 0.5% of the population ever care about).

Good to know. There's lots of history in computer parts. I wonder if younger kids know what a floppy disk is outside of the 'save' icon. Nowadays it's replaced with a 'download' icon.

(((Berg)))

this shit has been discussed to death on GitHub for the past five or so years--people whose entire purpose is to commit SJW lingo to projects have been arguing for new semantic changes to "slave" and "master" terms

Niggers don't know what a hard dive is.
Also Cable Select is the only proper usage of a jumper and every other setting can fuck off.

>Sicilians are niggers
it's pronounced SEESEE, for fuck sakes you dim witted child of a half brained toilet cleaning gypsy

>i'm a sheep
Yes, I know, and I've said it's said wrong for the past three decades because my head is leaded enough

>niggers get upset over
Niggers are stupid, plenty of white idiots who have a problem with it.

I work in HVAC Controls where they still use MS/TP Master/Slave token protocol and I asked my boss why they still use that nomenclature in this political climate and he replied something along the lines of "who gives a shit I'm not changing it"
So I like my job, how about you guys?

>Motherboard defaults to IDE emulation
>Switch to AHCI
>BSOD at boot
Bravo Microsoft

I'm not from Sicily. Dog sperm as addled your brain

It hasnt really been a thing since sata

It's pronounced "scuzzy", you tech illiterate noob. Ask anybody who even knows what a screwdriver looks like.

SKAZI!
/ˈʃkɑːzi/

Only your IPA says "shkaazi".
It's ['skʌzi]. Both vowels are short.

It's been a thing in hydraulic systems for a lot longer than a computer

Might have a master and slave in your car

I agree with the start, but the a is long

it's
/skɑːzi/

There's also master-slave flipflops in electronics, also decades before computers became available to the public.

A handy name will always win over something as cumbersome as "high priority and low priority port" or something.

> Why didn't the niggers get upset over master and slave drives?

They did, idiot. They just didn't know about it for years. Kind of like the internet in the early 90's when you still had to configure WINSOCK and manual IPs. There were literally no niggers on the internet, it was too complex for them.

Good times back then. Mostly on USENet.

Hmmm ... that picture actually explains how a relatively soft push on a pedal can exert a bigger force on the actual brakes.
Thanks, user.

because niggers can't into combuda

beat me to it