Romance manga

Wouldn't romance manga be better if it was about an already established couple and the problems they face together than just about some dullard who can't make up his mind?

> Wouldn't romance manga be better if it was about an already established couple and the problems they face together
Nope. Most of those are terrible as well, as you would know if you had a powerlevel worth mentioning.

Most romance stories are about how the romance starts and they get together, because this is the most exciting part and it makes more sense for the narrative of a story. Though manga are often on-going series, so they have to drag the final kiss out, unlike let's a say a romance movie or novel that has a clear end.

>the most exciting part
>one faggot being oblivious about everything for 90% of the story

Different but it's romance, so it's all about their relationship, not a cute couple doing cute things generic moeblob.

>kissing an old man

I'm not defending dumb beta harem MCs in japanese media, but the narrative structure of romance stories in general.
This is also true in real life, but who cares about that, right?

I miss the going out with kuroneko episodes

Its not the destination, its the journey

This. What matters is the author's ability to write a compelling dynamic and interactions. Whether the couple is formally together or not is almost irrelevant.

No. See: Netoge and pic related as examples of early on dating

read more manga
there are plenty like that

At least they had sex.
Netoge's problem is it sets itself up like it's a harem, but it is not a harem. Don't tell it that though

You've adressed the main problem of romcoms. The MC might as well be a wet tissue for all he does in the story. When both the MC and the main heroine are proactively seeking for true love, the romance is destined for glory.

With a passive MC you subsconsciously ask, what the fuck does she see in him and it breaks inmersion.

I'll take the romance in Rakudai over the ""romance"" of equivalent battle harems any time.

Only if incest.

>Not kissing an old man
>Not becoming a loliJJI as well

Have you ever being on a relationship? Romantism is the first thing to die.

It's hard to make enjoyable scenarios to make it work as a stablished couple, the best example I can think of is Golden Time when they become a couple at episode 6 on a 24 episodes series, and we all know it wasn't that good after that and even had to make some soap drama with a ghost Banri.

I think romance manga would be interesting if they complemented each other with something new to the plot problem.

Just kissing, having sex, says I love you aren't gonna cut it anymore if the character is a same boring fuck with no chemistry whatsoever.

ghost banri bullshit turned an ok anime into garbage

Also it dies incredibly fast. People don't realize how short lived the honeymoon period lasts.

No it wouldn't. There are plenty of series like that, and there is a reason few are thought of as romance, it ends up being just a SoL with little real romance or a drama infested piece of shit. One of the most important things about a good romance is the building of respect between the two and growth of the characters as they change their perspectives to include the other's interests, being in an established relationship makes the assumption they already did those(or worse, they got in a relationship with no real foundation).

But they're HAVING SEX
MC IS APLHA AS FUCK SURELY IT WILL BE THE BEST ROMANCE OF ALL TIME

The sentence above were literally the OP's problem in a nutshell.

OP's problem is that he can't figure how to get past the panda, hence why this thread exists.

Because you couldn't feel the MC breaking the shell of a Tsundere, surviving the yandere, warming up the Kuudere, going of against all odds or finally saving her from the castle to finally have the so waited kiss.

>ghost Banri

Fucking hell this was some bullshit.

>an already established couple and the problems they face together
This only works if those problems are part of a greater plot that is external to the relationship, like those stories with fighting couples who have to defeat a villain together. These romances can be god-tier.
But if the problems are relationship-related, the story can easily degenerate into an unpleasant soap opera (infidelity, insecurity, breaking up then getting back together, etc) like so many romances that have no other storyline than the romance itself.