How do you deal with anime burnout?

How do you deal with anime burnout?

I watch less anime.

There are two reasons you would have it in the first place. Watching literally every seasonal show, in which case you're an idiot, or going through a backlog in which case, just pace yourself properly.

Read a book or something. Go out.

Get outside. Go ride a bike or something.

Pay attention to my day to day shitty life for a while until I really remember why I so desperately need to escape into anime. That usually does the trick.

I learned in psychology that you will get burned out on anything if you keep consuming similar things, so try watching anime in different genres that you aren't as familiar or haven't watched in a while, or just stop watching anime for a bit if you were already watching a diverse amount of anime

You don't

Take a break.

>Go outside

Fap some doujins from current season and your body will ask for more.

Dumb frogposter

Read a book, not a light novel, not a book from Japan.
A European book of substance. Maybe if you read one that's good enough you'll never watch anime again.

contemplate suicide, decide against it since i dont have money to buy what i need to kill myself.

Bitch and moan on Sup Forums threads for more seasons of the anime for months and months. (Raildexfags)

Or draw a new anime to watch out of a hat.

Play video games instead.

You can kill yourself with a dollar store razor blade against your throat, money isn't the real issue user it's the courage to actually end your life and face oblivion.

Watch older anime instead of the currently airing trash.

This.

But I fucking hate video games.

That's assuming the burnout is caused by seasonal garbage. You can get burnt out even when watching older series.

Just be yourself.

Read manga. Shouldn't even be watching anime.

Good, maybe playing them will remind you of the alternative you actually enjoy. It doesn't have to be video games, do anything else until you stop feeling like watching anime is a chore. Maybe look for series that really interest you instead of watching every little thing on your backlog.

But I hate myself.

This is a good advice.

I don't really like anime much either honestly. I don't even really have a backlog aside from a few shows I just can't work up the energy to start I've left on my HDD for a few years.

What are you even doing then? Read manga or if that isn't your cup of tea, get a new hobby altogether. I would suggest baiting for (You)s, you seem proficient in that already.

>learning
>in psychology
Lel.

>What are you even doing then?
Fuck if I know mate. I ask myself the very same question and darned if I don't get an answer.

>Read manga
Only a small portion of it is good, and too little of the good shit gets translated even then a good chunk of that never finishes because of dead/lazy/quiting mangakas or scanlator bullshit.

>get a new hobby altogether.
Like what? I haven't gotten a new hobby since I was a young child and that's not for lack of trying.

>I would suggest baiting for (You)s, you seem proficient in that already.
That's more like a nervous tic, something I do when I have nothing else to do. Like whistling or something is for most people.

autism

Y-you too.

I usually just watch series from different decades which I find pretty refreshing.

You stick your thumb up your butt that should help a lot

In the last year or two I've acquired a disdain for using sub titles and scanlations. I've become very anal about accurate and quality translations, so the idea of using subs really puts me off from watching most things. I've been watching anime my whole life, and I've done a fair share of Japanese studies too, so I know a decent amount of the language, but far from reaching fluency. I occupy this spot where I know when subtitles are wrong but I don't know enough to watch things raw. It's annoying.

I've studied Japanese very sporadically. I lose motivation and interest after a month or so and stop, and when I inevitably get the urge to study again some months later, I have to go over the same material and in the end I don't make much progress. So many years of this terrible cycle has given me a paralyzing anxiety about studying Japanese. I'm not even good at writing or speaking English, my own native language. I'm terrible with words.

Sounds like a simple problem to solve.

I wish it were that easy. I've got some pretty severe anxiety issues. I don't try to make excuses; I've spent years on some things only to stop after thousands of accumulated hours because of the stress. Medication doesn't help, exercise doesn't help, therapy doesn't help, hypnosis doesn't help, meditation doesn't help. I've tried just about everything. I'm just doing the best I can.

Watch old (70s-90s) anime. I have gotten burn-out from recent shows many times, but I have never felt burnt out from older stuff. There's just something refreshing about them.

If all else fails then play some vidya.

>when you watch one anime thats so good the next few weeks you find everything else hard to watch because its not that series

It's ironic.

Normies are the ones who tell you shows like Death Note, Code Geass, Elfen Lied etc are garbage.

People who have sunk into the depths of anime hell with 600+ series under their belt start to appreciate those entry level series a whole lot more. The more anime you watch, the worse everything is.

It literally is that easy you little bitch.

I marathon Spooks or Top Gear.

If you say so.

This. Sometimes I wish I could go to sleep and never wake up, but I'd never take my own life.

are you a lesbian girl?

I don't since I don't watch flaming garbage like LWA.