The value of the US dollar has dropped to its lowest point in three years (since 2015)

>The value of the US dollar has dropped to its lowest point in three years (since 2015)
So this is how Trump is making America great again...huh

The dollar has reached this point because of all the money that was printed at 0% interest under the Obama administration. Now that the economy is turning around and the FED is raising interest rates expect the dollar to start to climb back.

surprised it's not crashed altogether

>MUH OBAMA
predictable

There's about a 2-4 year lag between interest rate changes and its impact on on the USD index.

You retards have no economic sense. Trumps economic jews want a cheaper dollar because that helps exports whereas a strong dollar helps imports.

Trump ran on bringing back American production and you know what will help bring American production back? A weaker dollar.

At least attempt to refute his claims you dumb nigger

Maybe because other Euro etc went to shit for years and started to recover

Or is Trump meant to control every currency

It's not so much as Obama, it's just interest rates were literally 0%. They were literally just inflating the number of USD in circulation while at the same time not taking any of the currency out of supply through the interest payments. You combine that with the fact Saudi Arabia only takes payment for oil in USD and that oil is at a low point over the longer moving averages, you have less demand for USD along with a larger supply. This is simple economics.

Blame the Fed. Its going to drop a lot lower

Why? I noticed it too, but haven't read an explanation yet.

>Simple economics
>Explaining to a leftist

oooh nooo, that sucks. I forgot that I lived in europe for a second

>Translation, I don't know or won't say to not look like a retard.

According to the articles I just read because this was in the news this morning, Trump and Mnuchin outspokenly prefer a weak dollar because it boosts US manufacturing, and their comments are why it dropped.

Other currencies are rising in value because they're being bought by american companies for various reasons.

this

the term "weaker" is really misleading.
it's one of those jew words.

they tell you "high value currency is good", using words like "stronger" and "valuable"; they tell you all that you can buy with it.
they don't tell you that it readily fucks you over in anything more than the short term, anything more than rudimentary spending on imports. Literally anything other and it's shit.
You seen the value of israeli shekels?

finnbro, arent you late for your drunk heavy metal suana rally race?

China constantly lowers the value of the yuan to get an advantage in international trade, why shouldn't we?

a retard that doesn't understand economics. that's OK though Euro fag I'm sure you will soon enough when U.S. export goods become much cheaper than Euro goods and the Euro economy goes into recession

Help me make sense of how this is a good or bad thing.
>make stuff
>market has more stuff
>demand goes down, people aren't as consumer oriented, etc.
>dollar that has been circulating for years outside of US returns in exchange for stuff
>more dollars in us
>more dollars for less people willing to spend it= devalued dollar

I'm pretty retarded when it comes to macroeconomics, help me please.

Suits me perfectly I do a lot of business with US companies the USD trading low means you get more of my business. Low dollar means more business why do you think the Chinese price fix their currency so Low?

>this is good for the US providing their inflation does not outpace consumer incomes

DRUMPFTARDS BTFO

>doesn't understand economics

i am currently shopping in burgerland like crazy for this very reason
stay salty

the fed is in charge of monetary policy in the united states. they claim that it is "decentralized" so there is no need for congressional control over it

its probably literally the greatest kike scheme in the history of america and no one even knows whats going on because of the le 56 %er and fat burger retard memes actually being partly true

Well a weaker dollar does benefit their agenda as imports become more expensive (protective for American manufacturing) and exports bring in more revenue since the currency is of higher value. It's part of his trade agenda to buy American.

Its helping my gold stocks tho

>dow is increasing
>based trump
>dollar decreasing
>i-it's obamas fault

>translation: I'm a retard from Chile who can barely form a sentence in English

But what's the point of destabilizing the dollar and making it drop value?

Incentive buying?, why now?

cool, eBay stuff will be cheaper. USD was overvalued anyway, now it's going back to normal so nothing really happened.

Also, low dollar is good for the US economy you fucking cucks

Their is literally no reason for average people to store money anywhere other than the stock market at the moment. With interest rates on the rise there is no reason to buy bonds until the rates are higher, and most people can't afford to just buy up a bunch of property.

Not an argument.
Also that flag, Opinion discarded.

because it makes U.S exports cheaper and imports from anywhere else more expensive. eventually if it weakens enough the margins would allow manufacturing to return as companies factor the entire process of producing, goods, storing them, shipping them, etc and there's a tipping point where it would be better to just make them in the U.S. for the domestic market than import them. This combined with the new tax savings and cheap energy from U.S. oil and gas for companies is very likely to fuel an American renaissance in manufacturing

Or could all go wrong.

A weaker dollar relative to other countries currencies.

That means with a weak usd the average European can buy more American goods (because the euro has gained on the dollar) so American exports get better.

A strong dollar means the average European has less purchasing power for American goods and will rely more on homemade goods instead.

LOL 8 years of Obama and your only counting the last 3 years

How about Bush Jr ---> Obama.....

sage

Nice trip 6s , what you say MUST be true.....

sage

how exactly would that be my mongoloid friend? All the U.S would have to do to raise the dollars value would be rate increases. I take it you are in fact a mongoloid fruit picker whose probably worried that where gonna buy domestic fruit instead of your shitty fruit

What if we decide to deal in yuans?

What if Peru Ecuador and Venezuela start doing it?

We have enough chinese investment for it, that's for certain.

You have fun with your Chinese friends. I'm sure they won't take advantage of you at all.

you'd be invaded and face regime change. anyone ever giving up the USD is a fucking pipe dream meme

Thank you. Any reasons for this happening, besides the Fed printing out money?

Trump can literally shape trillion dollar markets with just a sentence. This is what real power looks like.

> Its what happens when you raise interest rates
> Printed 2 Trillion dollars since 2008
> More money = lower purchasing power
This spiral upward stock market makes no sense. When it comes down, it will be one of the largest crashes in history. The only way to get us out is to print more money which is what they will do and inflate this bubble economy even more. The country is addicted to heroine aka money and will need more money to stay alive.

They are extremely fair dealers and have never issue any sort of menace toward us, on the contrary.

I don't think that's a possibility for america anymore.

It's actually mostly due to historically low interest rates, which still exists at the moment. It works for driving short term economic boom, but higher interest rates are necessary for long term stability.

Thats a 1 day graph motherfucker.

>The value of the US dollar has dropped to its lowest point in three years (since 2015)
>So this is how Trump is making America great again...huh

By going on TV and saying he wants a stronger dollar. I shit you not, the USD/JPY just jumped from 108.54, to 109.67 in 45 minutes. My account was so close to taking a huge hit, then bam! It shot up like a rocket, and I broke even instead. I fucking love Trump so much!

So your solution for poeple with no money to invest in real estate is to take their no money and put it in stocks?

That depends. A very weaker dollar would also push inflation up (and making imports more expensive). That could affect consumption which is very important for economic growth.
You need to find an equilibrium in which both exports and consumption are positively estimulated.

it makes US exports chepaer whilst at the same time increasing the cost of imported goods to the US. The East Asian’s have been manipulating their currencies for over 40 years trying to achieve the same thing.

Actually my advice would be to learn how to budget and save. Once you have your expenses figured out, and a comfortable amount in savings in case shit hits the fan you should start investing.

Yeap you got it brother.
I much prefer a weaker dollar.

Just rocketed back up on the exchanges after Trump made an announcement. Made a killing on the EU.

>European can buy more American goods
europeans are poor as shit and won't be buying our goods any time soon. More importantly, they won't be buying usd which is why the usd is 'weak' and their currencies are 'strong'

What made the mighty dollar mighty wasn't the military but the brand america.

Trump abused that brand in the same way Bush Jr abused freedom.

And all the funding for wars, financial de-regulation and tax cuts under Bush?
Came out of Cheney's backpocket did it?

He’s boomer posting. Save your lunch money and put it all into crypto for quicker and higher gains. Then diversify some of your gains into stocks, savings, real estate, etc...

>A very weaker dollar would also push inflation up (and making imports more expensive). That could affect consumption which is very important for economic growth.

Considering the US has a significant trade defecit, they need a stronger dollar. They import more than they export. So it's advantageous for them, at least for now, to have a stronger dollar.

>4 hour, today
lmao someone doesnt know how the market works

What the fucking hell you yanks doing? The NOG is down from fucking 14...

Price
Rand/$

I guess education isn't the highest priority in Finland.

Literally this. China devalues on purpose for this very edge up. Does the left just not pay attention to anything?

Trump went on tv, and said he wanted a stronger dollar. He got it.

What is this supposed to mean? I'm not following your rambling and incoherent response.

>There is no upside to having a cheap currency

The absolute state of mongolian education

People say Trump made the economy boom. People say Obama made the economy boom. People will now say its Trumps fault for the dollar falling and not blame Obama.

>a Potato has a better grasp of this than most Burgers and Bongs

Fuckin hell....

US debt levels ballooned under Bush.
His policies directly led to de-regulation of thefinance sector and closer alignment with wall street
As terrible as Obama's QE was, it was as a result of the circumstances paved by Bush's debt to fund wars and offer tax cuts to his mates.
Essentially, Reagan era liberalisation of financial markets and Alan Greenspan fucking your economic structure after his fingering of Ayn Rand helped Bush and Cheney wreck your economy and the results can be seen.
He also lied to Clinton. Ironic.

My response was witty and it;s based humour was lost on your palate of committee-created sitcoms.

Dollar may climb after, and your IR raising is based but too late.
Your debt built under Bush and hollow economy is about to have it's cyclical bust anytime soon.
Good luck

Yes, the dollar dropping low like this is making in enticing for business. My family's machine shop is pumping quotes out like mad

D-dont forget me guys

The value of a dollar can only change so much in a single year, so it's really retarded to act as if years past played no hand in the current situation.

Also, he said "under the Obama administration" meaning a period of time, not "It's Obama's fault". But you are German so I understand your confusion.

>all the good economic happenings right now are because of Trump
>all the bad economic happenings right now are because of Obama

Imagine being this stupid

Lower dollar means more exports and less imports.
>This is bad

>The dollar has reached this point because of all the money that was printed at 0% interest under the Obama administration. Now that the economy is turning around and the FED is raising interest rates expect the dollar to start to climb back.

Yeh, no other countries print money

fuck off back to RonPaul2008.org

This.

Unless you want to travel abroad, a weaker dollar against other currencies is a good thing for US goods.

>print billions to boost economy
>next president gets the result of inflation
>blame him

USD currently based on the petrodollar

Which Trump helped with his negotiations with the Saudi Prince last Fall Pay attention....

>FED lowers rates to 0% for a certain administration
>you: but it didnt happen during that time period
Autism

>print billions to boost economy
(You) and get to charge us interest on the Monopoly money (((They))) printed

You may be right but I think these deregulation arguments are often memes.

The USA could honour it's debt to its own citizens and stiff China. Most US government debt is owed to Americans. The sky wouldn't fall down, people would still clock in for their 9 to 5 etc.

I think people like Ron Paul and Peter Schiff, plus their leftist counterparts, are very irresponsible. They should recommend ordinary people take a very long term view and diversify their wealth, instead of talking up specific asset classes.

>retards
They are indeed. Weak dollar is an obvious part of MAGA. When you have something to export, cheap currency is what makes it especially awesome.

yup, op skipped finance in school...he was busy doing other things that day.

The lack of institutional players were what allowed for the vol and big gains (and losses). You’ll likely never see big moves like that again over a short period.

>USD currently based on the petrodollar
>Which Trump helped with his negotiations with the Saudi Prince last Fall Pay attention....

Petrodollar or not, USA has the largest economy, a growing population and a big military.

If the US Dollar is ugly, practically every other currency on earth is uglier, and will fail sooner.

>currency and the stocks are equally volatile

>do the same thing that's made China the manufacturing capital of the world, making American exports cheaper

#impeach

>But it’s weaker!

China has been doing this for years to dump their shit on us.

A cheaper dollar helps redistribute wealth as well.

you have autism

>i dont know how to entice foriegn investors to build here.
>the post

Good for exports. Shit for imports. American industry more competitive.
AMERICA FIRST.
HIRE AMERICAN.
BUY AMERICAN.

This is a good thing, cheaper exports, more tourists and stuff.

trump makes his merch overseas you dumb fuck

No he doesnt, all merch from his site are USA made. You can get cheap knock-offs wherever

-_-
The whole reason the dollar has become worth less is because job growth has continued at a ridiculous rate, as more consumers are spending more money the value of the money is lowered. Its simple supply and demand.

Just sayin' his work with the Saudis and helping them clean house kept the petrodollar up for a bit... I'm sure there is a next step, can't put my finger on it right now... But feel pretty good that their are much better minds than mine working on it... I have confidence in Trump