Violet Evergarden

Are there any other anime based on award winning books? Also, is there a synonym for "kino", but literature?
How great it can be?

>Also, is there a synonym for "kino", but literature
Pottery

>LN awards

Ebin.

It's not your typical LNcrap, it's a novel, like Hibike.

Well, Kino means just movies in Russian and Germany.

So, probably kniga or buch, you meme loving slut.

>meme awards
>meme studio
M E M E
E
M
E

I expect it to be at least as good as Hibike because KyoAni must have had some decently high standards if they didn't give out a grand prize at all for years, before they finally decided VEG is worthy of it. And since KyoAni staff also handpicked the Hibike novels themselves, we can kinda imagine what kind of material they consider appropriate.

>Not even while being a machine girl can she be left with wet clothes. As a change of clothes was necessary, she lay a bathrobe around her supposedly perfect body and headed for the bathroom. It had been a while since anyone other than Oscar regularly used it, so in a lapse of memory, he entered it without knocking and ended up seeing her while she was had not changed yet.
>“Ah, I’m sor… ry… eh?”
>He swallowed his breath due to perplexity.
>“EEEH?!”
>What was reflected in Oscar’s eyes was a sight more bewitchingly beautiful than any naked woman. Dripping golden hair. Beautiful blue orbs of a dimension that would not soften even within a painting. The finely-shaped lips just below them. A flesh body with a slender neck, an outstanding collarbone, plump breasts, and feminine curves.
>Her artificial arms consisted of metal rings from the shoulders to the fingertips. But it was only them. Despite the many scratches, other than the arms, the rest was surprisingly real skin. With that delicate body, she did not seem at all like a mechanical doll, but a relatively normal human being.
>With everything he had believed in until then being mantled over by the shocking revelation, Oscar tried to confirm what he was seeing many times.
>“Master.” Violet called with a voice that seemed to be judging him as he continued to ogle in astonishment.

>The study that was also a bedroom had Oscar’s previously worn clothes and a pan with leftovers from his last meal all over the floor in a disastrous fashion. Simply put, there had been no space for even one foot to step inside.
>Violet gazed at him with her big pupils. “You called me here with the place in this condition?” her eyes seemed to say.
>“I’m sorry…”
>It was clear that it was not a room someone would work in. Ever since he became alone, he had not used the living room, which was why it was still clean, but the bedroom he frequently entered and exited, the kitchen and the bathroom were in atrocious state.
>Oscar thought he was glad Violet was a mechanical doll. Her body age seemed to be from someone in her 10’s to her mid-20’s; he did not wish to show something so embarrassing to a real woman that young. Even though he was getting old, for a man, it was just deplorable.
>“Master, I’m a secretary, not a maid.” She said as she contradictorily pulled out of her bag a white frilly apron, willingly proceeding to tidy everything up.
>The first day was over just like that.
>On the second day, the two of them sat in the study and started their work. Oscar lay on his bed while Violet sat on a chair and used the typewriter on the desk.
>“She… said:” as Oscar dictated, a blind touch silently wrote down each letter with terrifying speed. He observed, thoroughly surprised. “Pretty… fast, huh.”

>it's not your typical LNcrap, it's Ncrap.

>Oscar had Violet put on clothes that imitated his main character and asked her if she could play around a little at the lakeshore. He had already made her do cleaning, laundry and other house chores, and on top of it, asked for such a favor. It was as if she was a factotum.
>Even as Violet was a percipient professional woman, she mused in surprise, “What a troublesome person…”
>"Your hair color…may be a little different, but it’s blond, just like my daughter was. If you put on a one-piece, surely…”
>“Master, I am but a secretary. An Auto-Memories Doll. I’m not your wife or concubine. Nor can I become a replacement.”
>“I-I know that. I wouldn’t have that kind of interest in a girl like you. It’s just… your appearance…if my daughter was alive, I think…she’d have grown into someone sort of like that.”
>Violet’s firm rejection crumbled at that.
>“I really did think you were being too stubborn…so your young lady has passed away?” she bit her lip lightly. Her face seemed to show her conscience was conflicted.
>During these few days, Oscar had become able to understand one thing about her. That is, how Violet would stick to what was considered ‘righteous’ when she was torn between good or bad things.
>“I’m an Auto-Memories Doll…I want to grant my clients’ wishes… but this one violates my work regulations…”
>She behaved as if she was inwardly wrestling with herself, and although Oscar felt bad for it, he tried one last time. “If you could build the image of the girl as a grown-up, coming back home, ready to fulfill her promise, my will to write will soon be revived. It’s true. If you want a reward, I can give anything. I can pay double your original price. This story is really precious to me. I want to finish writing it, and make it my life’s milestone. Please.”
>“But...I…am not a dress-up doll…”
>“Then I won’t take photos or anything of the sort.”
>“You had intended to?”

>Hibike
>Not crap

>we get to see kyoani animate an autismal NEET
Can't wait.

It's a literal light novel

opposed to being a figurative light novel, gotcha

SAO won an award when it was a webnovel.
Awards don't mean anything really.

Are we suppose to care about fantranslation from tumblr?

>award winning

Wasn't it just an award from its own publishing company or something?

Yes, the only award VEG won is KyoAni's own award. In case you didn't notice, OP is reverse trolling.

I doubt they mistranslated that "EEEH?!".

I'm pretty sure official translators use something else.