S2 incoming

v1 75,186
v2 67,745
v3 61,851
v4 59,783
v5 58,130
v6 63,559

With sales this good MAPPA can't let it die after just one movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BE1HriDzlJs
gamebiz.jp/?p=184538
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The production sounded like hell, they really deserve these sales. Tbh I hope they milk yoi until the last drop.

>implying there's a s2

yeah it was too rushed and they had a lot of problems animating the skating. Ep1 looked good because they had time but the director didn't want any CGI or rotoscoping. In the end they had to resort to basing it on a shitty cg model but it was still all drawn desperately by hand

Best boy deserves to get married ;_;

every production is hell

I want Yuuri to win gold in the anime, in the movie doesn't feel the same

Some are more hell than others. The interviews with the animators sounded terrible.

Especially YOI, the director is a madwoman who asked the animators to do the routines of all characters for every episode and ignored the obvious technical difficulties and the consequent quality drop, that's why the animation in YOI sucks so much, the schedule was literally hellish

Hopefully they've learned from this production and won't make the same mistakes in the future of yoi

Yeah. Bald can win the movie and delay the wedding gold medal until the end of s2. If Pig wins the movie and nothing is mentioned about a wedding fans will get pissed.

It really did. They talked about how they barely had time to communicate with each other during the production because they were so busy. It sounded like a complete mess but they still managed to pull through.

youtube.com/watch?v=BE1HriDzlJs

Best boy shouldn't have cockblocked himself ;_;

The production should learn to come to terms with each other, especially Sayo. I wouldn't mind a bit of CGI if it can bring benefits to the animation. See LL sunshine, the animation when they sing switches from standard to CGI and it's improved a lot since the first LL series.

Fucking fujobux. Why can't otaku buy discs of good anime anymore?

apparently yuri on ice now has a chance to pass osomatsu-san in sales and claim 5th place. it's so wild how much success this show managed to get

Not only are YOI's sales great, Sayokubo are totally in love with it. They must be incredibly proud and hype about all the attention it's gotten from skaters and foreigners, I can't imagine they want to stop after a movie.

We really got lucky with this series, I think I'd have offed myself if I fell this hard for one of those series that don't sell and get forgotten.

That's JJ style, my friend.

What is that thing in his mouth? I saw it on other fanarts, is this one of weird Nip treats?

Your argument makes no sense. user was rightfully blaming otaku. If fujos liked Flip Flappers (which they didn't, fujos collectively don't give a shit), then they actually would be to blame for not buying it.

How mad would you be if anyone but the main trio wins gold in the movie?

JESUS CHRIST BURN THAT FUCKING THING ALIVE

Every week we'd have the final video/tape check. That alone totally obliterates 2 or 3 days, so to be honest, the actual time we had to work on a single episode was only about 4 days in a week. And we'd be doing revisions for about 100 different cuts during that time.
I: 2 people doing 100 cuts.
A: It's like a schedule for a weekly manga.
Interviewer: Is the reason you couldn't do supervising work on the days of the final checks because you were involved in those?
H: Sometimes I'd participate and sometimes I wouldn't.
Int: And you'd just be on standby in betewen that?
T: He was stuck on standby the whole time.

H: At first, the final video check was on Thursday. YOI aired on Wednesdays, so it was about a week before the episode would air, but bit by bit we lost a day at a time, and in the very end, we did it on Tuesday.
T: That was terrifying.

>terrifying

They need to make an episode where they visit Thailand and hang out with Phichit.

Isn't it funny how other studios turned down YOI but Mappa gave it chance, profited big time and now have the 6th best selling anime under their belt. I think this is also their first big hit as well.

The fact that they used a manlet like Minami for the base is probably the main reason the skaters look so stretched out and retarded

Hopefully.

It depends, I'd prefer Yuuri to win Gold at GPF instead of other competitions, plus I feel that winning in a 2hours movie can't beat the hype of a 1 cour series.
And I don't even want Victor or Yurio you win again honestly, I'm cheering for Phichit and Otabek now.

>Isn't it funny how other studios turned down YOI
ABSOLUTE MADMEN
Has Free! taught them nothing?

let hamster boy win

They thought an anime about ice skating was ridiculous.

We can do this all day m8.

Yes. They were inefficient in general, I hope is right. I don't think anyone properly anticipated what it takes to animate all that skating but that's no longer a problem

Chances are it's gonna pass Gandum in the end.

No one believes in Phichit ;_;

Which studios rejected YOI? Are the names publicly available?

If anyone but Yuuri wins I'm done. He got fucking robbed in the show, and I can't re-watch it because of that.

Nah he'll win someday

that means it'll have to beat love live! season 2 which is also apparently a possibility

I wouldn't be mad. Every yoi is Best yoi and deserves the gold. Even the leaf.

>JJ
Platinum mad

>Jizz
Acceptable

>CAO BIN
As expected of our Lord and Savior

Needs to learn a couple more quads.

My dream podium:
>Gold: Georgi
>Silver: Emil
>Bronze: Crispy

No but I'd love to know what idiots did.

Which would you rather he win, a movie or season 2?

>Georgi's song got taken down on Youtube.
Fuck off.

please name your threads accordingly so i can filter your garbage thankyou :)

>sold better average than LL sunshine

Why is this allowed?

>Imagine if one is kyoani

Actually I'm glad they did. We got based Mappa and based Otsuka.

Season 2 would be nice. I'm just afraid to invest so much into the season only to be let down again. The movie is just quicker satisfaction.

"YOI" was rejected a lot in the sense that Yamamoto was throwing the idea for a fagskate animu around for a long ass time, until with the recent Olympics and fagskate/Yuzuru's noticeable popularity boost she finally got a go-ahead. The story of YOI itself didn't solidify until she and Kubo got to working on it what, 2015?

maybe they should of added more concert tickets

>vol 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7 all had concert tickets and it still lost to YoI

So is YOI getting a stage play on ice anytime soon? Cause my money is ready.

I wish Chris to win gold. He wanted it for 10 years, give it to him, so he could finally retire and live happy family life with Masumi and their 36 cats.

>beating SEEDshit
If only we could be so blessed. I'm not holding my breath though

still if it manages to pass osomatsu it'll be in the top 5

>tfw 60k across all volumes is no longer a pipe dream

Pig already won silver twice.

I just want a s2, and that's it. Too much milking inevitably ruins things.

two seasons and a movie sounds fine

All that matters to me is something beats SEEDshit, sorry

That's platinum, not silver! And Piggy is taking it every night.

it's grey

Pic unrelated.

Poor Jizz. He's got a great career behind him but it hurts to never get that one gold over Bald. I hope they give him and Bald a scene where Bald tells him how great it was to share the ice with him

You're gonna make this angel cry. Don't be a bad man like Yuri Katsuki, user.

I wanna run my tongue along that cleavage

Gold = marriage
Will SayoKubo be brave enough to keep the promise?

>profited big time
They dont get any of the profits they're at the bottom of the committee list. This is as stupid as people claiming that Jump was shouldn't have turned down AoT despite the fact that the pilot was godawful and it would have gotten eaten alive by the polls.

I'll never forgive them it they turn it into "maybe marrige" SamFlam style

Kyoani was too busy animating dragon tits and losing money. Now they have to go crying back to gay swimmers if they want to keep the lights on.

It's possibly a yogurt treat or a frozen one.

I rather not have another shitstorm If the Leaf won again. Too many casual fagskatefags who was actually surprised that the guy with the highest difficulty scores and hops that earn him extra points on jump could snag the bronze.

>inb4 the third season flops like the movie.

>they don't get any of the profits because they are at the bottom of the list.
That's wrong though. MAPPA being on the production committee guarantees them money. HOW much of the profits they're getting is another story. Plus it's an original anime production so they won't get screwed in the ass as much as an adaptation of an existing work.

We already know that YOI is helping them fund some future projects already.

Destiny was an abomination and I'm glad no more SEED will ever be made again.

I agree with you user. Even with Otsuka, he has his time when he almost refused the kiss scene to be appeared. Until fortunately the female staffs encouraged him. Now he fully support SayoKubo for whatever they want to do and clearly said that the scenes left no room for other interpretations.

>v5 has the least sales

JJ ruining things like usual.

An abomination with 68,959 average sales to YOI's 64,376.

>YOI is helping them find some future projects
Source? All of the projects they currently have were in production regardless of YOI.

Avex is the one that has benefited the most.
gamebiz.jp/?p=184538

I'm glad about Otsuka but this quote is overused and overinflated. We know it's gay. But MAPPA is playing the indirect/implications game, and he's no different here, it's largely understood that he's talking about the gay but he won't be plain about it so mental gymnastics normalfags can still justify themselves, which takes away from his lol no other interpretation statement. This doesn't make it no homo. It's homo. But it's still not going to be direct because that's just how it is.

Nips have shit tastel what else is new? I don't care if it's YOI or something else that beats Desitiny, I'm just waiting and anticipating for them to arrive because no matter how shit those new animu will be, they'll still be better than Destiny.

I honestly doubt they're giving him Gold, even in the movie. Unless they decide to give him more focus than they did on S1, which is also hard to imagine. Him getting the recognition and validation he always wanted from Victor sounds like a more likely conclusion for him. I suspect he might retire after the movie.

I think there was no mischievousness in his comment, and that quote is from one of the dozens of magazines with yoi articles that came out in that period, too much things have been said not even nips bother to remember every word. We shouldn't over analyze everything we read and always get defensive about it.

Accept your Lord and Savior Jesus Yamato.

No he didn't.

Well, I can understand what do you mean by that user. But at least for myself, the show itself already clear enough. The things is, I worried even there are explicit confirmation people still try to no homo or deny it (like Tora or Karice did). I remember one person in MAL that said Yuuri is straight because Victor asked him if he like Minako or Yuuri gave Victor wedding ring as something you normally do with your Russian friend.

Not that I don't want explicit confirmation. I want. But if there isn't any, or just heavily implied, that's enough for me.

What's the purpose of Chris then? He's Victor historical rival but he never got to win and he's butthurt because of it, he's getting old and probably thinking about retiring soon.
Also Otabek and other characters have strong motivations to win and are determined, I can't see why he, or Otabek, or JJ or even Leo couldn't win gold in the movie. Piggy and Yurio might lose by a nose, and so Victor who took a season off.

>What's the purpose of Chris then?

"waaaaaa, notice me Victooooor"
Chris was just there to show that Victor gave no fucks about anyone and now gives a lot of fucks about (and to) the pig.

he just doesn't want to give his hand in marriage to a loser

I just can't see it. People aren't buying tickets to see a character they barely saw development win. For any side character to win Gold in the movie they'd need to get more focus.

Kek right
Also I think he as well as JJ were created to enhance Victor as a skater, one is a fan boy and the other is green with envy.
Just like Minami is a reminder that Yuuri is actually popular and admired.

I don't think it was mischievousness or anything and I'm chill, don't worry. Actually my point is exactly what you said, it shouldn't be overanalyzed. Often it's used like some proof that they'll go fully explicit with the gay in the future, while that's not really the case.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of pressure from the production committee to lock the mains to the podium to avoid upsetting fans. I don't see Chris winning in any case.

Mappa doesn't fund the show

Jizz won't win. I want him to, and if it were irl fagskate he could, but he's got practically no chance in this animu ;_;

It might jump to fifth place if it beats Osomatsu-san.

This, basically. I just hope he'll retire happy with his career for what it was and live a good life with Kotomine and Bae going to nice gay vacations.