Aside from le current year meming, what's actually wrong with this guy? He actually does have serious commentary...

Aside from le current year meming, what's actually wrong with this guy? He actually does have serious commentary. He mixes it in there with his own jokes and style of humor, because let's be honest, no one would tune in for a dreary, hour long episode of him talking about the death penalty, or nuclear weapons, or whatever topic his episode is about that week, if there wasn't something to break up the boredom that would come from him talking about one or two topics for an hour on a Sunday.

He researches the topics that he talks about on his show, sources where he gets his information from are shown on the screen when the sources are played. It's basically current affairs, but in comedic form.

I'm sure some doctors think it's one thing and others think it's another.

I like him, and I think engaging the public beyond the current constant hum of the forgettable 24 hr news cycle is valuable. The humor is the sugar that helps the medicine go down for sure. Instead of letting the rest of the media and in many cases it’s far right alternatives dictate the conversation and reacting to it, the show talks about issues that definitely need discussion that otherwise would probably get missed by the vast majority.

I also really love the Chapo boys for the same reason.

>Americans find anything without cheap attempts at humor "boring"
I feel bad for you. Your entire nation seems to be suffering from self-induced ADHD. Which explains why super hero movies net more than any other genre over there.

Just look at his fuckin face

Left wing comedians are really just propagandists behind a thin veil of entertainment. It's pretty disgusting to watch.

This
Send this poof back to Blighty

>"Guys, listen to my oppinion on this important issue."
You are factually wrong on this issue.
>"Hahaha, I was just joking. I'm a comedian you know."
>"Guys, listen to my oppinion on this important issue."

Like Jon Stewart he pretends to be a comedian but really is a shameless polemicist and uses irony and shitty humour to deflect any potential criticism
>I'm only a comedian
He has a reasonable milieu of facts but panders completely to his viewers biasis and doesn't try educate.

Thats why I have 100 times more respect for Louis Theroux who is really is a bad ass and a brave guy.

He told literal white supremacists he is a jew and isn't a judgemental person when interviewing deeply freakish people

Try to show the Amerilards some Tarkovski, kek.

He's not honest or balanced an he pushes an agenda. People don't realize that and get their politics from him.

I love Tarkovski, I own all of his movies. But yeah the average american's attention span is destroyed.

he is not thinking about certain topics deeply and calls other people stupid
he is like dunning kruger effect as a person

>sources where he gets his information from are shown on the screen when the sources are played.

This is his greatest weakness - his sources suck. They're all super-lefty people or organizations who already agree implicitly with his premise. He never addresses counter-arguments, he just states something and then rattles off some people who agree with him.

His other big problem is that his jokes are garbage. It's just "It's like a hamser eating a tuna sandwich on the moon" or "it's like a flounder dancing with a frying pan" ad infinitum. It's not funny.

You like him user? Watch him. I can't stand him and will not watch.

Brits are baffled that a second rate comedian from Northern england and the most annoying person ever managed to become huge and the biggest walking cunt on planet earth became a big journalist
>Piers Morgan
>James Corden

He's funny as all hell but there's definitely a leftist bent in there.

> Louis Theroux

...Who? No seriously, I'm going to need to look this guy up.

Fags. He's not funny, he delivers at a certain cadence and the audience laughter makes you laugh . You are stupid so you fall for it every time, you cartoon watching losers. How can you let a non citizen try and influence your vote?
>created drumph
>thats OPs intended bait

Holy shit kys OP. Current year man is a fucking bitch

>Thats why I have 100 times more respect for Louis Theroux who is really is a bad ass and a brave guy.
>He told literal white supremacists he is a jew and isn't a judgemental person when interviewing deeply freakish people
Why do you consider it a good thing that he was “non judgemental” towards Nazis? If their belief system involves genocide, and seeing others as inherently inferior, it would seem deeply irresponsible and downright immoral to interview them impartially.

It's 100% leftist points of view. Has he ever mentioned the Awan Brothers ? Uranium one ? Haiti trafficking ? Paul Joseph Watson has more credibility than that mockingbird.

if you enjoy him then who cares.

you do know he has a team of writers right?
you do know sarcasm is the lowest form of comedy right?
you do know he trashed Trump for using tax loopholes then gets caught using.... tax loopholes on a $9 million property right?

His show is okay. Hes jokes are not that great and some jokes are quite forced. He's a pretty good journalist thou, which shown in the content. I suppose an argument could be made for him being biased based on the content, but then again he's pretty honest of where he stands politically.

>Like Jon Stewart

Anthony Cumia told a story how he went to a comedy club to support a friend. John Stewart was there and Stewart went in to a rage at Cumia because Cumia years earlier made fun of Stewart.

Stewart is a faggot who can dish it out but apparently can't take it.

(((They))) replaced him with Colbert, who then was replaced by Kimmel, who is now being replaced by Conan.

I don't know why they do it. Once their usefulness is up, they get thrown to the side like trash by their handlers. Conan won't last long either because of pic related.

He's a giant faggot.

Legitimately one of the best documentary guys there is today.
I think it's his almost timid personality that let's him talk with these weirdos in such a way, it's like his general presence disarms the people who expect condescending and angry questions about their weirdness

fuck off you pretentious cunt trashing your own people while trying to come off as cultured or acting as if only Americans have low attention spans.

Trump was avoiding tax? I mean it's quite hypocritic of Oliver to criticize him for it, but on the other hand he's not the US president.

Shut up and get back in your cuckshed john

Best post in this thread

good post jans

This

tax loopholes are not illegal and to be honest i don't know if Trump even uses them. it was implied as part of Oliver's trashing points about rich white republicans.

Yeah, we know 英語の先生、黙ってやがるこのクソオカマ野郎。ああ?

Came here to post this.

Boring as hell, total liberal leftist faggot, sage

This.

This.

John Olivers show is psychological conditioning

HE does NOT have commentary. HE is a mouthpiece for a bunch of (((writers))) that are paid by and organization that is owned by (((them))).

Now that that's out of the way, let's talk about that commentary. His segments go like this:
1. Present a piece of factual information
2. Insert conjecture or a false equivalency argument; sometimes a strawman.
3. Have a running joke for about 10 minutes that eventually ends up way off subject
4. Use the "Callback" comedic method to make original talking point "relevant" to the continued rant
5. Rinse, repeat

This is what is known as a formula. This formula, when executed with the right amount of pause/reflect is EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE in triggering a thing called "confirmation bias". What propagandists (and talented comedians) have learned is that when you master this art of deception, you can have people believing anything you want them to believe. This becomes exponentially effective when your audience is already laughing.

Ah, look at this! Pattern recognition is a sign of intelligence.
Saved, btw.

Shut that shit up, nigga, someone already posted all that as a screen shot, bitch. You're fucking worthless.

I actually like his style of humor. the problem is, he passes his opinion of as fact and is wrong 90% of the time. he only gets away with it because he "is only a comedian".
he is just as much a shrill leftist hysterical moron like the other idiots like samantha bee etc. his jokes are just better

His only funny joke was Drumpf. Period. Now say it with a real flag, pussy.

He makes money generating outrage. LIterally every single one of his segments follows a predictable formula, down the to cute animals in clothing shit. Beat by beat, every single one of his rants are the same, with a few words changed.

Most of the things he says are also easily refuted by facts or employ obvious logical fallacies. I largely agree with his Net Neutrality takes, and some work on things like how wasteful the olympics are are solid. But when he gets to making political arguments, he's just absolute trash.

Soy boy

His show is entirely based on hypnotic theory and associative conditioning. If you unironically watch him you are participating in your own brainwashing and conditioning.

Isnt this nose the one that claimed that voter ID is bad in the middle of an election? While it is known that dead people routinely vote, dems on camera say they bus in people oh and in the 2016 election there have been places with more votes than voters somehow...
Ever since that i stopped watching he actually tried to argue voter id was bad.. while the rest of the western world face palmed upon hearing this.

Yeah, no shit you IQlet, we all already commented on the fuckin' image you fag. Fuck up off my board you useless bitch.

And right wing comedians are just plain not funny.

>states half of fact
>makes epic retarded strawman analogy
Repeat.

Every one of his jokes is either him saying "fuck" or him making an absurd analogy. It's very lowest common denominator humor. He's like the political pundit equivalent of The Big Bang Theory.

> right wing comedians
> 2018
Fuck are you even talking about you dumb ass, the Jews don't let those niggas on stage anymore, faggot.

Americans are anglophobic, his accent offends them.

Who?

You angloids are absolute dog shit you fuckin' pussy. Blaming the US for the Zog when you retards let the Rothschilds and the Sassoons reign for centuries. Fuck everything about your culture. Fuckin' roll out there and dissect you alive, eyes first. How bout that, faggot?

Trips of truth, my man. These shills don't operate in the sameplane of reality as us. They're the niggers of tought.

Jews, too.

Americans are Anglophobic? Are you dumb? People are constantly creaming over that stupid accent, it's why we have a fucking british spiderman, even that star wars nigger speaks like a limey cunt. People hate john oliver because he is dishonest, disingenuous, and on his show comedy takes a complete backseat to him relentlessly pushing that "hollywood pc" mentality, he wants open borders, no border security, more open immigration policy, and so on. He's a globalist talking point masquerading as a comedic news show.

Stop getting baited, nigga, just treat all angloids as Jews. Fuckin' 80% of them are worthless.

I'm pretty sure that his shows aren't only political, and that he is doing it because that's really effective, and make the show easy to write

(((White supremacists))) Do you even realize where that term comes from?

>Americans need a British soyboy to tell them jokes in order to learn about events that their supposed to already know
No wonder he's so popular, you burgers are borderline retarded.

he's completely unfunny

what the fuck is that thing?