Re:Creators

Gee Magane, How come your creator lets you have sausages?

I'd give her my sausage if you catch my drift

Is it just me or is pretty much every character in this show a shit?

Who is the most in-danger of Shark's meme magic?

On the flip side who is the least susceptible to the never-ending shark week(s)?

Yes.

This show in general is shit. Must be why YouTube and Sup Forums likes it so much.

I'm pretty sure all iron weebs are busy cuming all over SnK to even notice anything else this season.

I think it is garbage but watchable entertaining garbage. It's just about as "popcorn entertainment" as anime gets.

I just meant that every character has something about them that makes them annoying in some way.

There are 2 good male characters and 2 good female characters, then the rest are shit. No middle ground. They give the good characters the least screen time, and the bad ones the longest almost as if they're doing it on purpose.

Mamika = Magane = Rui = Yuya >>> Figurative Shit >>> Altair = Red = Blitz = Metsubara >>> Literal Shit >>> Meteora = Fatso = Government Lady = Marine >>> If a Shit Took a Shit >>> Souta

Also does anyone else get the feeling that the male beta character was never supposed to exist to begin with but he was forced into the show by the production committee because we need a self insert?

His role is just so insignificant and he just seems to be missing from like character line ups and things. It is almost like he was an after thought. Something to tie together the actual story rather than the focus of the story itself. You could easily imagine the whole show existing and being pretty much the same without him. It feels like there could have been a script and idea originally that was this show but without him.

Objectively correct power listing.

Never feels like the reluctant protagonist is a good choice.
Also, nice quads into dubs.

I know she's shit but I love her anyway

How long till the next episode again?

The weekend I think?

20h

Almost perfect, I think Fatso is better than that but I agree with everything else 100%

I haven't been following these threads so this might not be novel speculation but the way the show is going I could imagine a time skip where after the timeskip beta MC has trained to become a great artist and then exploits this skill somehow to create worlds to battle whatever the fuck. The re-emergence of Altair somehow or something like that. They really seem to be pushing the theme that he *could* also become a great artist if he tries.

Feels like it's gonna be a very veeery slow build before we see that happen.

Right now I am at that point with Soda-can where if he just did something of value (even something tied to Shark blackmailing him) I could have an opinion about him.

They are okay the first time they are introduced and then they get annoying with their 1 defining character gimmick despite the small screentime each gets. And it's incredible how seriously the show takes itself despite the villain being an edgy OC out for revenge because of some petty internet/teenager drama. When she started screeching about not being understood I couldn't believe it was for real.

>a corpse gets more merch than shark
ITS NOT FAIR

Yeah, he doesn't accomplish anything. He is important in that he is the first real world anchor for Selesia and Meteora. But after that he just becomes completly pointless. Heck Mamika could have simply talked with Meteora after she learned that Uniform is Altair and the end result would have been the same.

The show don't focus on him as a MC, yet it doesn't fully commit to being a chorale either. And even then his character arc is handled very poorly.

In a way it's understandable, but even for a retarded chuu2 it's a really bad motivation to destroy the world.

This show should have just been wacky comedy. Rather than focusing on the actually interesting parts of the premise (how those characters act in that world, interact with their creators and collide with each other) they went full retard with that stupid "save the world" shit.

I was thinking they could have just had the military intercept Selesia/Meteora without them ever meeting the MC guy and then form the team that way.

One saving grace I'm hoping for is spinoff shows of the creations' original series.

Seeing some of these characters in their natural element feels like it'd be a blast. Maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

Alice will get her happy ending.

>eating with gloves on

Fucking savages.

I want to take a baseball bat and beat Marine with it.

most normalfags are watching SnK or Boku no Hero

True, shows how irrelevant the start of the show and Souta's character was. They could have kept episode 1, change it by making Souta into a background character that just happens to be in Selesia's path, then have her and Meteora intercepted by the JSDF.
Better option : don't have that "irregularities" bullshit, make a plot that makes Souta relevant. For example, how about him being a depressed artist because of that girl's death who then start rediscovering his love for art through his interractions with the various creations, only to then confront Altair as a last boss and resolve the conflict by writing a story for her about her creator ?

>Better option : don't have that "irregularities" bullshit, make a plot that makes Souta relevant. For example, how about him being a depressed artist because of that girl's death who then start rediscovering his love for art through his interractions with the various creations, only to then confront Altair as a last boss and resolve the conflict by writing a story for her about her creator ?

Isn't that exactly where the show is going but just taking its sweet time over it? I'm sure somehow he is going to become a skilled artist and use that skill to save the day somehow.

>implying Souta will ever be more than the useless character who caused all this
He'll pick up art again and apologize for his weakness, but he won't do anything useful.

Shark is the hero we deserve.

Bespectacled cartilage fish A CUTE

You are under the impression that it is about that, when in fact the show is about Meteora&co saving the Earth. The show should have just ditched that part of the plot. The fights and Meteora's expository speeches have given absolutely nothing to Souta in terms of character developement because the conflict is dealt with in a way that his out of his reach. Meanwhile his inner conflict was only being hinted at and only became somewhat relevant in the last two episodes.
It lacks focus and as you said it's far too slow.

If they removed the war thing and the end of the world, they could have focused on Souta and make him into an actually interesting and relevant character all the while making all the MCs do what we want to see them do : discover and interact with our world, rather than try to save it.

I want to punch the shark in the face.

You know they could just have some temporary bullshit asspull to stop the war right? For example someone does a spell that locks Altair away for a few years or whatever at the end of the half way point. Then the first episode of the next season MC training montage and we restart the story a month before.

That would make the story even worse. Either focus on Souta's issues and make a serie about drama and comedy around his actions with those characters, or focus on action and make a stylish action show with those characters fighting in a new environnement. My problem isn't so much that Souta is irrelevant than it is the anime being badly written. Making Souta suddenly become super strong and relevant in one episode wouldn't change that.

I wish the show was straight up shit, would be easier to drop it or indulge in a Danganronpa-style trainwreck. But its in this careful balancing edge between not enough good and not enough bad.

I'm not saying that would make it good suddenly. Just saying that they could quite easily make him into a relevant hero and that there are some hints that they might intend to in the show.

>Who is the most in-danger of Shark's meme magic?

Alice, she almost died

I wish Alicetelia wasn't a useless bitch.

A part of me wonders if it has something to do with Hiroe supposedly first pitching this show with copyrighted characters, and Soda came in only when they had to use OCs and couldn't just write "So Saber and Madoka fell into a portal...."

That is exactly what it feels like, it was just a series of cool ideas that weren't linked together and a concept of linking all these different story worlds together and letting them battle it out. Then producers were like "that does sound like a good concept but how do we make it into an actual story". So they shoehorned in the most bland useless MC for us to relate to ever.

Because by being The Unique One, she doesn't adhere to any artificial concepts like laws, morals and other spooks. She acts solely in her own self-interest, which means the words of her "Creator"mean literally nothing to her. She can eat as many sausages as she, The Creative Nothing, wants.

Only time I thought this show used the premise well was that one scene where red mistook a car for a mecha. There's not enough interaction with the new world aside from them eating and discovering things taste nicer here.
Shouldn't the mecha pilot or futuristic detective be a little disoriented essentially going back in time where there's no intergalactic wars or space travel? At least the young one?

And Alice seemed surprised by the plastic bag, she even kept it. I love these scenes in which time/dimension travelers get confused by normal stuff

I feel like we are supposed to assume for the most part that it all took place off screen.

Soda is so useless you can have anyone be the main character and it will work.

Useless autist.

Setsuna-chan.

>fantasy LN shit
>JRPG shit
>Precure shit
>muh suffering shit
>fujobait shounenshit
>/m/ shit
>2deep4u mystery urban fantasy shit
>cyberpunk shit
You would call most of it garbage if it was an original series.

>Marine that low
Gay. Everything else is perfectly on point, though.

We all know who the most useless character is, but which character is the most useful?

i wish a drawfag would draw Shark dress like Stirner smoking cigars and acting smug towards pissed off Alice

Yuuta seems able to solve any problem by showing up.
Magane would count if not for her built in need to prank the world.

No.

She really is a miracle maid.

doujins when

I forgot about that, but you are right. Maou-sama had so many scenes like that, but this show is pretty lazy with it's premise.

You bet

Whoah there. Those are not the shoulders of a qt3.14 sharkgirl.

All anime is garbage. All it comes down to is which is the most entertaining without reminding the viewer its garbage; this one in particular has been doing pretty well at that.

I don't get people that find the shark teeth girl attractive. I guess its like fetishes. Some of them can be difficult to comprehend from an outside perspective even if you can understand them intellectually.

That's just wrong.

She's fun

>without reminding the viewer its garbage
So not this one.

Its amazing that two people have made incorrect replies in the matter of 2 minutes.

>fun, cute, enjoys bullying, strongest creation
What's not to love?

Well I was contending that all anime is not garbage. I think the only way you could possibly defend that point is if you were defining garbage as low brow entertainment and even then I would disagree.

Anime is literally an art form meant for children up to maybe around the age of a young adult and even then the latter only has a handful of anime you could really argue were made for that age group. Theres a major reason as to why people generally tend to grow out of it. I'd say maybe 10% of all anime has genuinely good writing and execution and I think even then that is being a bit generous.

mamika a ded

I won't get into an argument about demographics but the biggest problem I see here is that you are equating a young target audience with being "garbage". Some of the most thoughtfully and skillfully crafted anime ever to be made were aimed squarely at children and families. Just as an example take a look at the Takahata directed WMT shows like Akage no Anne, Marco and Heidi. Literally shows for children and families to watch together but artfully crafted with thought and care, yet entirely satisfying and affecting pieces of work even as an adult.

I probably wouldn't even disagree with you about the 10% and I am not attempting to defend trope filled nonsense or shows aimed at teenage edgelords here or power fantasies or anything though so don't get me wrong. It's just that saying "it's made for children or teens" isn't a criticism of somethings value as a piece of art. If you would deny the artistry of something like Alice in Wonderland or Pinocchio as animated by Disney then that is just unreasonable.

I think it's a fear-boner

She's fun and likes to bully people.
Also incredibly expressive.

The point I was trying to make about the age groups is the fact that that directors/writers don't actually think they HAVE to make a well crafted and thoughtfully executed anime simply because of their target audience; which is often the case these days with not even young viewers but even people that eat up garbage just because it has a couple of hot cartoon girls.

An anime with thats objectively shit can sell just as well as a well written and executed anime just because it appeals to virgins with fictional girls. I do believe theres some good works of art but its a fact that most anime these days gets away with being shit because it can.

nya~ nya~, motherfucker

I find her hot because I'm a lesbian

>Stop liking what I don't like
Don't you get tired of posting this for 7 weeks now?

True. But I watch anime because they depict stuff that movies don't

B-But I haven't posted in a month!?!?

What's her endgame?

I don't think it has anything to do with directors or writers and everything to do with companies that actually pay for anime. They want sure bets that follow proven formulas, not risky creative projects because they aren't creators but investors.

I'm sure the creators would love to be able to work on more ambitious projects. Even huge names like Mamoru Oshii say they find it hard to find funding for their projects in anime and a legends like Mitsuo Iso has never directed another show since Dennou Coil because they couldn't get any funding.

>anime is shit
Why are you even here? Fuck off with your pretentious bullshit.

Because good entertainment and good art are not equivalent.

Pray tell how you define "good" art without valuing the entertainment it provides