Do you think anime is getting TOO well-known these days?

Do you think anime is getting TOO well-known these days?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/STBPOTUS/status/870156119800520704
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yea people think its autistic

No. Why would it even matter if it was popular anyway? Are you a disgusting hipster who only likes things whey they are underground and not very popular or something?

Yeah I've been noticing the "i'm such a weeb degenerate XD, here's a picture of the Wendy's girl" types that are growing in number. They tend to be also Sup Forumsyps (specifically nu/pol/) or Sup Forumsermin, so that's the easiest way to avoid them.

Yes

I'm not saying I'm a hipster, it's just that I don't feel special anymore when a lot of people enjoy this thing I like that used to be niche and obscure.

It's been "too well known" for a while now.
Do you seriously not understand why normalfags infiltrating a previously obscure hobby is bad?

>I don't feel special anymore
>watching chinese cartoons grant a sense of superiority
>as if we aren't all equal

Yes?

I saw a somewhat dated anime con ad at a bus stop

If anime becomes too popular the only ones that'll be left alive because of neo PCness are battle shonen, Cowboy Bebop clones, and Nisekoi/Love Hina tier inoffensive romcoms and that's me being optimistic.

This thread is gonna hit the bump limit isn't it

Fuck off newfag, you don't belong here.

This really
there's been heaps of these haha i'm such an ironic weeb kind of people especially in the last year or so.

who cares, they'll just watch all the normie animes anyway so I don't see how it affects anybody here

>Do you think anime is getting TOO well-known these days?
Because TV and movies suck shit. Not only is the acting horrible but writing's bad too. And let's not even talk about bullshit MUH DIVERSITY that every TV show and movie is now about.

Anime is not PC and much better than TV so people are gravitating towards it. I can't even watch regular TV and moves anymore. They just make me pissed off how shitty they are.

>normie
Found the "ironic weeaboo". This isn't your board.

this desu. I just hope that anime getting too popular in the west won't cause people to try to turn it PC like they did to vidya

Fuck off, you cultural marxist. I'm not equal to the countless retarded niggers that roam this earth.

It'll lead to Japan being forced to only make battle shonen, Hellsing-esque violent schlock, Cowboy Bebop clones, and extreme bland and inoffensive romcoms

Oh god, these "anime is redpilled" faggots are even fucking worse than the normalfag ironic weebs.

PCness is the ultimate embodiment of the end of mankind's free will.

Anime is more Handshakers/Endride tier garbage these days

If you're watching anime just because of the deficiencies of other forms of media, you don't belong here.

What does it matter in the long run. End of the day anime and it's trends are decided by the Japanese taste, sure you might get one or 2 shows pandering to a western market but what's new

i'm not saying it's redpilled retard, i'm just saying it doesn't have most of the boring tropes that you can find in almost every tv show today.

Anime has plenty of its own unimaginative tropes. You must be new.

There is literally nothing wrong with wanting your hobby to be populated by a smaller more elite crowd instead of the "wider audience". Not only do plebs drag down the output of a market to their level, they also ruin any decently knowledgeable community when they start flooding in.

Also actual hipsters don't seriously want things to stay underground, they paradoxically need things to be known well enough so they can appear "cool" and "hip" and "with it" by knowing about them. Hipsters ultimately want everything they find to blow up and be popular so they can claim that they were there first, but have since moved on to better pastures. Wanting to be part of something smaller and more intimate doesn't make one a hipster despite how misused that word is.

yea but their different from the tropes of western media

Fell for the b8 son

And they're still overused tropes. Maybe you'd realize this if you had watched over 200 anime like you're supposed to before posting here.

Yes. Obscurity kept it somewhat unhindered. Normalfags ruin everything they touch.

Nah, Japan cares way too much about its own audience first, international second. Anime would have to be hollywood tier for that kind of serious influence.

The very fact that they are different tropes is my point. That's what's causing people to switch from one media to another. If you had actually read what I was writing instead of trying o be edgy maybe you'd realise that.

They're usually the same types of people.

Yes, unironically this. Fuck them off. I can drink with a normalfag but I can't endure their shit taste in media.

Honestly Japan doesn't really care about anything outside of it in terms of media, and even if they shut themselves out we'd still get fansubs and fanscans. So no need to worry about anime fucking up or anything.

I haven't really percieved anime as being a popular thing per se - on the other hand, I grew up in a mostly Japanese neighborhood and even the non-weebs ate pocky and you could buy nori as a snack in my high school, so there's that, and when I moved out of the country I basically found myself in a group of weirdos that also liked anime so I don't really have a perception of anime not being popular even at a more "normie" level - everyone I knew had watched Studio Ghibli stuff and you'd often have them namedrop a battle shonen or a magical girl show. Of course there were different levels - I knew a guy that genuinely had three dakis - but anime was kind of a standard thing for me.

But yeah, it's becoming more acceptable to watch anime, even if people are still going to think you're a weirdo for watching K-On!!, for example.

End anime youtubers. They are normalfags that don't even bother googling things.

How can Sup Forums ever recover?

Anime became the norm with DBZ.

twitter.com/STBPOTUS/status/870156119800520704

yes, normies started ironically liking anime and "wifeys"

animefags should always be bullied. it is a right of passage

>Anime elitists
>Cancer
Let me guess, whoever made this tried to come shill here or post about naruto and got bitched out or something along those lines.

Is that REALLY his account?

>SaO poster
>fucking pastel painted room

This is a parody account, isn't it?

Anime was always well-known among the poorfags in South America and South-East Asia.
Now that they can afford the internet and improved their English, they can shitpost even harder on all social media.

>right of passage
The bullying shall start with you for your mistake.

It is.

i don't want to post the video and give that guy clicks but he's legitimately retarded

>uses SAO and Fakku fans as an example of "anime elitists"

>animes
You are one of them.

Can confirm. I'm an Indonesian who currently resides in Los Angeles.

>implying

do it senpai. I'm ready

He's the one tweeting or someone else manages it?

Now I've lost it

Brazilian in New Hampshire, yeah, it's basically that. For some reason there's an idealization of Japan around here, especially in São Paulo and Paraná. I'd say it's probably the fact that there was some people of japanese descent, so there's that.

>at least 100k views on each video
How do people enjoy this

have you seen some of the anime people like

I doubt it actually will change the industry much since the Japs are pretty much focused on their own shit and I doubt the west is going to start commissioning much anime.

But god damn I am tired of seeing normalfags both online and off being "ironic" about their shitty entry level anime viewing. Maybe it's just because I live in a faggot city and mostly hang around shitholes like this but god damn this shit pisses me off. Back in the day we had the courtesy to hide our power levels.

I'm not sure about that, but I think it's him.

It'd be nice if more and more people come and know the utter bless that is Yuri.

fucking this

some girl I worked with found out I watched anime but shes so basic in taste so I gave her a couple recs and she didn't even watch them but she always tags me in anime memes on facebook and I want to kms

>these days
Where the fuck have you been over the past 15-20 years?

there needs to be a purge

>having a facebook
Fuck off normalfag

Who gives a shit?

He looks like a fucking faggot.

>she always tags me in anime memes on facebook
TOP KEK
I think she's actually hate you, user.

No, this is how they interact, sadly. You might be in, f/a/m

Glass house there nigga. This board's most popular anime of the season is fucking Eromanga which is just the author's previous work in a new coat of paint.

Humanity has shit taste.

After see this threat I finally understand Miyazaki.
Anime was truly a mistake.

>this boards
According to whom?

The 3 or 4 dedicated shitposters pushing the "if you don't like Eromanga you are a normalfag" meme.

I just wish there were more unique works rather than Isekai and typical harem shows taking over everything every season.

PC and SJW culture won't reach Japan and especially immigrants from third world shit holes because they don't have a welfare system they can leach off of. Japan has liberals but they are the more relaxed and accepting type rather than the professional victim squad we deal with in the west.

>using the term Sup Forumsyp

It'll only be an issue if regular people buy more BDs and merch than otaku do. As long as otaku stay a the most profitable demographic anime is fine.

The anime industry does want to get back to nip normalfags instead of being reliant on nip otaku after seeing how much shekeru normalfag animus like Your Name brought in.

Good thing normalfags just stream off random websites. The most they do is get a Crunchyroll subscription because they think it'll "help the industry"

>Otaku dictating what gets made
Anime is doomed.

That and Youtubers. I'm glad anime and manga won't be run into the ground by normies like the gaming industry has been, I mean there are still people who like to use the SUCH AN OTAKU XD label to make themselves more unique but it's not as bad as crap like girl gamer where they use it as an identity rather than just enjoying the hobby for entertainment it is.

Just stop posting like you're still on /r9k/, you normie-posting normalfag trying to fit in.

>Sup Forumsermin
Your weeb friends need to fuck off from Sup Forums.

I'd rather loner autists be in charge than normal people. At least this way we get some tv that's different even if it's not always good.

I wish that was the case

Why do people have the need to pretend anime is an obscure art only for elite people?

Bored people wanting to socialize anonymously on Sup Forums because they have nothing else to do, so they make dumb topics like this one.

>socializing with other people

There's your problem.

>Complaining on a chink anonymous board

There's your problem.

If by "different" you mean "almost everything is the same brand of otaku pandering shit" as opposed to things being geared more for normalfags then yes, we get something "different" but it's still not good.

I'm not even saying that that kind of anime shouldn't exist or something like that, but when otaku dictate what the market makes it all just turns into the same sort of wish fulfillment/harem/romance/moe crap trying to play on the otaku's heart strings to get them to purchase overpriced blurays and merch and there's barely ever anything decent.

Personally I think that animation is the pinnacle of the visual arts, and Japan is basically the only place still practicing it outside of small arthouse runs. Knowing that it will always be held back because it has to pander to otakus to be commercially viable is heart wrenching, not to mention disturbing since the otaku who support the entire industry are such a small base of consumers it's not hard to imagine that even a small change to their consumer base could easily disrupt the whole industry.

Only thing I enjoy about the fact it is getting popular is being able to own some niche titles that are getting localized in the west, especially retro manga, pretty happy Devilman is getting released next year since I doubt such a thing would've happened a decade ago.

Arent both sides complaning on a chink anonymous board?

This is a fun place.

I get that. But it's still better than more american shit where the instant something dips in viewers it gets canned only to be replaced with yet another cop drama.

anime becoming "pc" has nothing to do with "pc" people enjoying anime but rather japanese culture itself becoming more "pc" over time. it's a broader phenomenon that affects the people making the cartoons and the consumer base, not the products directly.

>implying the japanese care about foreigners who just stream or torrent their cartoons

The nipponjin animu producers do care a lot about foreigners, because they want foreigner money, since the nipponjin otaku are simply not profitable enough anymore.
Money talks. Also, there's quite frankly not that much difference in taste between foreigner normalfags (from China and America and Europe) and nipponjin otaku. What really separates nipponjin otaku from foreigners is simply the fact that the nipponjin otaku are actually willing to buy overpriced anime discs with only 2 episodes in it.

Fair enough, I guess we're just fucked either way.

>there's quite frankly not that much difference in taste between foreigner normalfags (from China and America and Europe) and nipponjin otaku.
yer kiddin

Nip otaku like action shit, foreigners like action shit.

>because they want foreigner money
And THAT is why they won't care about most of us in the west because again, even the biggest weeabos won't pay as much on merch as japanese otaku do Combined with what I said earlier it just doesn't make sense for them business wise to take us into account unless everyone's gone importing merch and/or bluray or if they're all doing kickstarters and get enough cash for it (like with LWA).

Nah, overseas profits from selling streaming licenses has actually surpassed domestic merchandise sales.
And even domestic streaming services are starting to make up for lost domestic video disc sales.
What this means is that merchandise is strong and good, and there will be more attempts by the nip producers to court chinks and burgers for their stream money.

However, the chinks are attempting to build up their own animu industry so that they won't have to deal with those pesky and greedy treacherous nip producers anymore. It's dangerous to rely on the Chinese.