I recently found out that Yō Yoshinari wanted to do a My Life as a Teenage Robot reboot but that never went anywhere

I recently found out that Yō Yoshinari wanted to do a My Life as a Teenage Robot reboot but that never went anywhere.
Made me think, what western cartoon would you want adapted into anime and by what studio?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zrxbJwoP59M
youtu.be/FlwV3scCgAM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rugrats could've been a nice show about cute kids getting into adventures. All Grown Up could've been a good sol high school comedy.

Recess

South Park

I loved Hey Arnold! It was literally 10/10 with its coming-of-age themes, melancholic atmosphere and top-tier stylized animation. Helga was a true western tsundere. Phoebe was a true hafu.

Can't think of anything honestly, the western cartoons I like are usually pretty good as they are and wouldn't gain too much, if anything at all, from being made anime.

Teen Titans

thats basically anime already. the opening was in japanese too sometimes

Japanese Peanuts. I think Japan could really do Charlie Brown justice.

back to redderp

Billy and Mandy

yjay males no sense

''''''''''''''''SAMURAI''''''''''''''''' jack

>I recently found out that Yō Yoshinari wanted to do a My Life as a Teenage Robot reboot but that never went anywhere.
probably because he wouldve been sued by whoever holds mikus copyright

My Life as a Teenage Robot is precisely what I'd like to see. I loved that show.

Delta State?

It was already pretty nice, partly due to the rotoscoping, wonder how it'd look hand-animated

Someone made a comparison between Samurai Jack and TTGL recently.

mlp could be a good slice of life if everyone was human

plus the japanese dub has miyuki sawashiro so what's not to like

Back at the Barnyard

Well, Japan has Fireball.

>high school
They're in middle school

I'm getting vibes like that from Boruto, since its schoolkid problem of the week as of now.

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends would be comfy.

Shit were they really? Well could still function the same way just more fan service now.

Too overtly sexual.

Jenny is so appealing because she is so earnest. She feels like a real, insecure teenager.

Any more news on season 3?

Not a cartoon but a Doctor Who anime, especially after having seen Flip Flappers.

MC and their assistant travelling in a wild variety of settings where each has different rules, solving problems and having adventures.

And it'd be nice to have more keikakumen like the Doctor who only pretend to be retarded.

Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go by Shaft.

make avatar an anime so that Sup Forums can would be allowed to like it

I just want a thousand episode long, faithful, high budget adaption of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms

That's not a western cartoon user.

Mengde best boy.

he did nothing wrong

Courage the Cowardly Dog by Shaft.

Stephen Universe by Trigger

I really want this and Kasai should be the director

Boruto is now the new Sket Dance? Maybe I should pick it up

Star vs. the Forces of Evil. It would dumb bullshit monster of the week at first but turns serious halfway into the season with the MC suffering because of her faults.

Pls no

Trigger or Gainax would do it better, as cliched as this may sound.

Adventure Time by Masaaki Yuasa since he already did an episode.

Original Drossel wasn't overtly sexual.

Sup Forums would still hate it for being popular. Anyway theres nothing wrong with enjoying it, just not the place to discuss it.

youtu.be/zrxbJwoP59M

A GOOD Transformers anime by Gainax or Trigger. The earlier ones all suck in one way or another. Gainax or Trigger could really do the series justice.

they already did that kind of

Hey, you got that episode of Panty and Stocking.

I unironically love Jenny.

HI A-LOG

Not necessarily a cartoon, but I've always unironically wanted to see something Spawn-related from Trigger, more specifically with Imaishi at the helm

Ed Edd N' Eddy SoL never

I unironically ship MLaaTR characters but would never mention it off Sup Forums

>unironically
You don't need to specify that. I don't think anybody's ever asked for a Spawn-related anime from Trigger ironically.

Imashi is a hack. If he made a spawn anime it would be "ironically" poorly animated and randum, because that hasn't been done to death.

remove yourselves from existence immediately before I do it for you

Watership Down by Mappa

Gainax would be the perfect choice.

>super strong, nigh-indestructable corpse with magical abilities only limited by a counter and his own imagination
>fights his enemies by blackmailing them with proof of their illegal actions

Madhouse would do a better Spawn anime.

Kemono friends is what you're looking for

Fug

>That chapter where Spawn beats up God and Satan at the same time.

Miraculous. It needs to be done in 2d. YES, I'M STILL FUCKING MAD

youtu.be/FlwV3scCgAM

I've just always enjoyed Imaishi's art and think it'd make a great fit for Spawn, is all

Captain planet by Toei

>Wanting a 7000 episode long Captain Planet anime

>I recently found out that Yō Yoshinari wanted to do a My Life as a Teenage Robot reboot but that never went anywhere.
No, he didn't. He just did some fan-animation,

These

Dexter's Laboratory. Imagine the mecha fights between him and Mandrake. Also slutty jc Dd.

;-; chorlie...

desu it doesn't even need to be adapted, just reanimated.

>Mandrake

Batman: The Animated Series, done by Wit Studio

Jesus Christ this show would be spammed on Sup Forums every day if it was animated in japan

Oh damn.

If they don't mess with the art deco aesthetic and keep the score, sure

Batman TAS is perfect as is.

Japan would just ruin it.

So basically if they dub it into Japanese then sure.

Pretty much

>Not a cartoon but a Doctor Who anime, especially after having seen Flip Flappers
Can't be any worse than Sherlock Who. I'm on board.

a serious anime or just a lame lewd version of it?

I want this one

Best cartoon

My phone auto corrected.

Donald Duck/Scrooge McDuck based on the comics. (The best ones by Barks, Don Rosa, Marco Rota, Van Horn, etc.)
America and Disney clearly only cares about Ducktales, so I guess someone else would have to make the adaptation. Why not let Japan try?
Come on Egmont, I know you have the money. Those big hard-cover books are expensive.

Studio could be whichever one manages to adapt to the different styles the best, but I would also accept a consistent style if it looked like Barks' or Rosa's.

Bones/mappa/production ig if 2D
Orange if it remains CGI

SU is a fine example how much more cancerious American cartoon fanbase is.

Reminder that Animanics will get a reboot.

Are you ready to see it in the finest CalArts artstyle?

Danny Phantom done by Kyoani.

I wouldn't mind the Calarts style so much if they knew how to do fucking line work at all. I'd love to know what they're fucking teaching them, every single fucking line is pencil thin.

How high is Star's suffering on a scale from 1 to 10?

Also the beaner is Japanese because the Japs hate foreigners.

You should. There's a lot of cartoonaholics out in the world. Which is why I don't go out.

this by Gonzo or Gainax

___, ___ _______ _________

BTAS is basically anime, the American team contributed scripts, storyboards and voice acting and Japanese and Korean studios did significant portions of the animation.

>In order to complete the first season's 65 episodes, Warner Bros. outsourced the series to several different overseas animation houses. These studios included Spectrum Animation, Dong Yang Animation, Sunrise, Studio Junio, Blue Pencil, AKOM and TMS Entertainment.[27] TMS also animated the first season's opening theme sequence. AKOM was eventually fired due to its inconsistent animation in episodes such as "Cat Scratch Fever" and "Moon of the Wolf".

>The 20 episodes of the second season were animated largely by Dong Yang, with the exception of three done by Studio Junio ("A Bullet for Bullock", "Avatar" and "Baby-Doll") and one done by Jade Animation ("The Terrible Trio").[27]

>not Triggee

Possibly wins the award for the most memorable OP, I can still sing every word by heart(and I'm so bad at remembering stuff I flub the national anthem at times).

Triggerniggers need to fuck off. Not everything needs to looks like hastily drawn, Western Hannah Barbera shit.

SHAFT

Looks more like CLAMP to me.