I saw almost 100 episodes of detective conan years ago an remember loving it...

I saw almost 100 episodes of detective conan years ago an remember loving it, so I decided to check out the latest episode just to see how things were and man was it bad. It had pretty much all usual things I would expect from an episode of detective conan, but its like they bled the life out of everything. Did I just pick a bad episode or is it really that soulless of a show now?

Other urls found in this thread:

detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Anime
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Welcome to modern anime. Well not exactly but also kind of, yes. It's a mixed bag.

Anime original episodes nowadays are awful. But the manga adaptations are great as always, though you really need to be caught up on the plot to get the most out of it.

1. Stop watching fillers
2. Start watching all the BO related episodes

I literally only want to read this shit for Haibara but it seems like Aoyama has literally forgotten she has her own character

He moved on to better girls

This is why I read the whole manga and never bothered to watch a single episode

detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Anime

Try watching one that's not TV Original.

were you watching the filler new episodes?

if so, there's your problem

But that is a boy. Haibara best girl.

So you skipped over 750 episodes, cherry picked the absolute latest, and think it represents the whole?
How could you expect "all the usual things"?

Really sound argument.

After a while the series declines in quality
The manga starts getting noticeably boring after chapter 500. The cases just aren't exciting as they used to be

It's completely reasonable to not want to sit through 750+ episodes and jumping on where the series currently is to be fair, especially one as episodic in nature as this.

That's what you usually do when you're out of the loop and want to check if it's worth coming back, you pick the latest stuff and check.
It's pretty normal to do so.

Sera is a very sweet and beautiful girl who smells good. But Haibara is also a very good girl.

I agree the cases are not as exciting, but I think that the plot elements are more exciting than ever.

How can Naruto fags recover?

>but I think that the plot elements are more exciting than ever.
Whenever they actually happen...which is like every 100 cases

Sure actual moving plot may happen once every hundred or so cases, but recently we've been getting a lot of little things and hints much closer together, which I've been liking. And the Conan plot is so much better than most other series that honestly it's worth the wait.

Why so negative Sup Forums?

Name your favorite episode instead.

Too many to choose from.

A lot of the AOs are fun/comfy though.
Most of the plot's high points are done well.

If I had to pick any specific episode, it'd be 345 since there's so much in it compared to any other individual episode.

The mysteries have gotten worse, and the show has lost its edge. Conan used to be stumbling around in the dark, worrying about enemies lurking behind each corner. Now he more or less knows everything about the Black Organization, as does the audience.

It's not that he forgot; it's that she went through character development into a more boring character. She started off as a mysterious femme fatale with a sharp tongue. That was because she was miserable over her sister's death and afraid to let anyone get close. Since then, she started trusting people and learning to be comfortable in her new life. Good for her, but it's made her less interesting.

Many people will say 345, but I'm going to go with 304. Conan disarming a bomb and basically making fools of the police never gets old. Plus, that Matsuda-kun flashback gets me teared up.

I'm like 450 episodes in, and I don't think I'll ever catch up if I watch every episode. The regular mysteries have just gotten too formulaic and lame. I just find myself looking forward to the next Kaito Kid or Heiji episode and then groaning when it's just a regular mystery that week.

It cant go on much longer though, can it? How many fucking tricks with string and tape can there be?

pfft, you're even in the bourbon arc yet
you have no right to complain until you ask when will the bourbon arc end, because it went on for about 8 IRL years

not even*

point remains

Who invents the 47362847 generic murder cases for the author? How much are they being paid? Where can i sign in?

I'm just saying the only good eps at this point are story-related/Heiji/Kaito Kid, with maybe one in six of the standard mysteries being worth a shit.

>Name your favorite episode instead.
345 is the best episode of the series. I'ts seriously one of my top episodes of any anime.

Heiji and Kid are two of the most overrated characters. I don't get how so many people seem to like them so much.

>Hmm these kids seem to show up at every single murder as well as the same detective solving it
>Well never mind that's not strange

>Filler episodes suck

14 - Sniper dude gets forced to kill someone, based upon little information on the ELECTRONIC CNUCULATOR conan tries to stop the assassination.
24 - Hot girl can't remember shes a badass killer, later remembers and tries to kill everyone
73 - Detective boys must escape from a cave thats getting flooded
95 - Local girl hits on Kogoro to get herself an alibi, shes also hot and later admits she actually wanted to fuck him for real
109 - Guy with red sports car hits Ayumi and drives away, messes with Conan who tries to catch up to him by stopping the car every once in a while

Guys it's been a while since I watched some episodes give me some "Edogawa Conan, tantei-sa" ones, you know when Conan is fucking cool at the end smirking at the culprit

>5 good fillers out of 300

I just looked up a list and checked out some random fillers. I could vividly remember most of them and some of them where actually pretty cool.

I guess at least for me, fillers have something about them. They are down to earth and don't take themself too seriously.

OVA 7

the police literally do comment on the fact that conan and kogoro are harbingers of death

Are there episodes where Conan acts out of character?

I can remember episode 225 was awesome. Conan got mad since the case was way to easy and he read to much into it making him look like a fool.

What are some episodes where Conan laughs or grins like hes evil? Please tell me this exists.

reminder that conan saw her naked in that episode (referring to the picture).
She fell down the chimney in the overall, and transforms back into a kid. Conan goes to pick her up and save her. He arrives and she is still in the overall, then the scene changes, and he is carrying her, but she is wearing a sweatshirt now.

yeah, there is a lot of decent AO episodes. the people who tell new people to just skip all of them are doing a disservice but I wouldn't blame anyone for skipping them

That is some amazing detective work.

>when Conan is fucking cool at the end smirking at the culprit
So you mean all of them?

we all agree kogoro pre voice change is GOAT right?

yeah all of them except the 3/4 in which he makes Kogoro fall sleep

If you have missed the latest season then Kogoro is competent now.
It is good to see that he tries to reach the conclusion but fails in the end but then Conan helps out

> there will never be an arc as good as the Clash of Red and Black

I don't think he has an evil laugh but there's plenty of times where he grins smugly/evilly. Also, cute Conan talking to animals or playing soccer is best.

Imagine a world without Genta

The one where a couple of dudes tricked a bunch of rich people into smoking marijauna, causing them to go into a frenzy and murder each other.

Reminder to follow 600 episode rule before judging this show.

Just watched the Lupin vs Conan movies.
Good shit.

850 ep rule is better

Why conan dressed like a literal faggot queer there?

14 is fucking awesome, all the other episodes you said are just 'not bad' tier.

fuck you, that'd be horrible

Any Sup Forumsnon who reads the manga can tell me where can I read it? It's been more than a fucking month since I read 993 and still no new chapters to read.

Threadly reminder that it's universally agreed Haibara is the best girl already. The author just needs to give in.

>"Edogawa Conan, tantei-sa" ones
Those are the best. On of my favorites where he talks down to the culprits is 309-311.

Batoto, you stupid faggot. There was a time when new chapters were only getting posted to Tumblr, but it hasn't been that way for months.

Also 994 just happened this week because last month he resumed writing Magic Kaito instead

I love the movies. Can't wait for April 2018.

w-wait

....wat

Evil Shinichi would be unstoppable.

There are too many investigative prodigies around that could have a chance at catching him

They happen almost every case. You just realize they happened every 4 or 5 years when Conan reveals everything was part of his plan the whole time.

So legally speaking, is this ok?
Morally speaking its not great, and socially you're fucked, but technically wouldn't it be legal?

God bless Japan and their absolute fear over weed.

I don't understand how an island like Britain can have a drug problem, but an island like Japan doesn't.

>We will never get a brutal murder case like this ever again

thanks modern society

Last case in nagano was a little more than a year ago

Yea I saw that one recently. I remember the first time how impressed I was at how Conan managed to fuck both the Organization and a bunch of robbers in one episode

>tomboys in short shorts

The original was my gateway anime.

How pleb am I?

If she want's it you are good to go.
It really doesn't make a huge difference to the real thing because obviously lolis also always want it.

You are patrician.

>Genta
You mean the boss of the Black Organization?

Depends.
In Burgerland you're patrician.
But in South America & SEA you're pretty much pleb.

Burger, but pls elaborate.