Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS

Cucked by the protagonist Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

ygorganization.com/vrains-believe-magics-retirement/
youtu.be/UurjZI7nHPk#t=22m30s
youtu.be/UurjZI7nHPk?t=22m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=boo_121f3is
youtube.com/watch?v=jgcFeT4_T-k
docs.google.com/document/d/1qYshgK1jYxdB_rhQpt6V3elBDSJtwu4RVuGQAOy-xnw/edit?usp=sharing
vocaroo.com/i/s1HqXIZ5sPkL
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tumblr

>What did he mean by this?

Typical rat kid.

how did Go have a Link?

Believe in Magic is only going to be 12 episodes. This is a first for a YGO ending to only last that long.

ygorganization.com/vrains-believe-magics-retirement/

is either of the group into some shady business? is very weird they'll remove an ending this quick

Nooo! But I love Believe in Magic. Why 12 of all episodes?!

It could have been worse. Like 3 episodes.

>Like 3 episodes.
was there an anime that went through that?

It was a joke regarding Yuusaku

A lot of long running anime used to change their ending every 12/13 episodes. It's not that weird.

It's not vrains but does anyone have charts like this for Duel Monsters and GX? I know the GX one is out there, I just forgot to save it when I saved the ones for 5Ds onwards

Hey /VRAINS/, is this card game anime kino?
youtu.be/UurjZI7nHPk#t=22m30s

and your time encode failed.

Guess they want to compensate for the fact that the OP will be used for like a year a la Dragon Ball Super.

Links aren't anything special in-universe. Only Pendulums were ever treated as special since they literally didn't exist in ARC-V before Yuya had them. In 5D's/ZEXAL/VRAINS, Synchro/Xyz/Link were already just there.

Cyverse is considered the "significant card thing" this time around. Kinda like Numbers, only for an entirely new type, for reasons we don't know yet.

user...this isn't Arc-V, Yusaku didn't asspull link summoning, it already existed.

Would you take a S4 of ARC-V if it were back to S1 quality and tried to rectify the idiocy of S3?

Ye

>let's play pretend and imagine monster are fighting around us while in reality we are standing

At least yugioh has the augmented reality and buddyfight is some sort of magic

Fuck I tried.
But this episode revealed that everything that happens in the card game is affecting the other planet.
It's also why the lore and the anime are really close

God I fucking miss ARC-V. Yeah, the story went to complete shit in the final season, but I still loved the characters and overall setting.

No, Arc-V was too far gone to be saved.

I haven't watched it yet. Im not having a lot of hopes on this season, it felt like it was pulled out of the ass and having Aichi returned seems unexciting
oh, in that case nevermind what I said

What would've made it NOT too far gone?

It does seem pulled out of its ass while also tying up some loose ends and answering several questions about the series. The season's really improved right after Aochi's return
A GOOD return to Standard and a competent villain

I would've preferred a more down to earth plot like the duel schools go all out card wars with each other. In fact thats what made things interesting at the beginning aside with the whole academia sub plot.

I was expecting something more impressive for his return. The entire episode was everyone making line to suck his dick. Is there but is not really doing anything. Was expecting him to be dueling while U-20 was going and maybe discovering more mysteries is like they went like this
>Ok, let's bring Aichi back
>And then what?
>Just let him be with Ibuki i guess

He missed the deadline/age on the U-20 and of course everyone would suck his dick. He's probably the nicest person on both planets. A humble card game Jesus

there is something really odd about him, leave aside him being old but VG NEXT has a new style going on and somehow make Aichi look so weird. I'm glad he's back and has royal paladins instead of the gold paladin, wasn't a fan of that unit
Release an Ova retconning Synchro without the championship
Spend more time in Academia
Make Yuya actually not forgetting what he learn from his duels

I think it's the hair. There's too many shots where it just looks like a hairpiece on several characters and tall Aichi is freaky

I miss Yuya and Yuzu thirst for each other, it made the show enjoyable but it was getting too romantic for Ono, sadly.

Yeah, is his bang, is too stiff, is not curvy like his previous versions. Also the only thing I like of VG is Kamui, age did wonders to him

Kamui's one of the better mentor characters because he was that annoying kid.
Their relationship's quality lived and died in Standard. After it I realized Yuya x Serena was superior

>Their relationship's quality lived and died in Standard.

How can you say that when they barely even had an opportunity to talk after Standard? Let's recount:

-Yuya and Yuzu reunited for about five minutes, then Sergey gives Sora a concussion and flies off with Yuzu
-Yuya and Yuzu reunited for about thirty seconds, then the dimensionizer activates and sends everyone into the frustrating hell of Season 3
-Yuya and Yuzu reunited what seems to be indefinitely with about one line each in the most unsatisfying anime ending of all time and at the cost of all their counterparts

youtu.be/UurjZI7nHPk?t=22m30s
Okay fixed the link.
Glad we agree that Ono's a hack

>YGO GX (GeneX = Generation Next)
>Vanguard G NEXT
>YGO GX had Yuki and Tyrano Kenzan become their ace monster to fight another monster in space
>Vanguard G Next has them become their monster and fight into space

Vanguard G Next is the YGO GX

Maybe I'll upload the DM one if I find it

thank god, the visuals are so fucking bad

Firewall Dragon when?

after ep 12

when he duels revolver he will put it out of the data storm duel will still be interrupted/yusaku will lose

Are they really that bad? Maybe how lacking and disappointing the visuals in Arc-V ED 5 were permenantly lowered my expectations

If it were to be one thing, have Hitotsu Ni actually wreck shit in Synchro, leading to dire consequences, rather than turning Yuya into Egao Jesus.

>gets a lot of dueling screentime
>shares the most moments with Yuya
>has some kind of past (future?) life or alternate version of himself
What's with the blatant Yugo favoritism in the Arc-V manga? Is it trying to compensate for his irrelevancy in the anime?

The only irrelevant Tomato in the anime was Yuto.

>irrelevant in the manga
>sort of forgotten in the anime
Being an eggplant is suffering

Yugo was irrelevant in his own dimension.

He also accomplished literally nothing

Agreed. 92 was honestly the turning point for the show. Up until then, aside the hotels being annoying, there wasn't really anything wrong with the show's progression. 92 was such an abrupt stop that it basically fucked everything, even shit that the show foreshadowed four eps before it.

Okay, Sup Forums, help me out. I watched Duel Monsters through Zexal and enjoyed them all, but I'm struggling with Arc-V. Every series was able to grab my attention by episode 10, but I got to 16 with Arc-V and I still don't like any of the characters and have no interest in what happens to them? Is this a GX/Zexal, where it starts off bad, but gets better, or is it just shit? My friends keep giving me crap for dropping it.

the artstyle and song itself for ED 5 satisfied me enough to like it...the VRAINS one just has nothing going for it

If you don't like it now, you'll probably hate it later. I'd watch through 52 (and maybe through 99 if you end up liking that) at least though. Standard arc picks up considerably during its second half. Expect the quality to drop over time (dramatically so after ep 104) though with random spikes back into decency for an ep or two.

>there wasn't really anything wrong with the show's progression
You mean other than the vast majority of synchro characters being a chore to watch or outright unlikable while everything else was dragged out and stuck in an unnecessary tournament?

1. Something is wrong with your friends. I've seen all of the Yugioh series and I would never blame anyone for dropping any of them.
2. If you don't like Arc-V even a little by that point, there's 0 hope of you liking the rest of the show, since it all eventually dives into serious lows and mostly stays there

That's something that would've been resolved by Zarc fucking up the city and having them mobilize vs academia (the presumed threat).

But no one was talking about hypotheticals. Synchro was mostly trash.

Synchro arc was blatantly leading to some big event that would fuck up the city, with the doom and gloom warning about academia characters did throughout, the fear roger had regarding yuri in spite of them never actually meeting and yuri doing absolutely nothing, the reference to zero reverse in 88, and roger's machine outright being said to be designed to wipe out the city and for some reason not doing anything in spite of shit like shinji noting that "the symbol of the tops" rule was disappearing" right before it was revealed to be perfectly intact.

It was outright setup for that sort of thing.

Setup is always the easiest thing to do and means nothing if it doesn't get realized and have a pay off. Yuya egao'd the masses and fixed every major issue of the city as a milestone on the journey to becoming the benevolent egao jesus.

How does any of the nonsense you posted refute the fact that Synchro is mostly schlock outside of a small number of duels?

The point is that synchro's population was intentionally infuriating and it would've been suitably cathartic for them to get fucked up; this would also tie into the later zarc driven idea that the audience's increasing bloodlust led him to more brutal methods in the first place.

I still don't get why would'ves and could'ves matter a single shit when they didn't actually happen, with how events turned out, most of the Synchro originals were jackasses because they just were (until Yuya injected egao into all of them). Zarc also turned out to be shit.

That's what I was afraid of. I guess I'll give it another go some time later on though.

Yugioh OP/EDs just don't seem to have much polish anymore. It's a shame, since once upon a time the very least a Yugioh could do is have a decent OP/ED and OST if nothing else.

youtube.com/watch?v=boo_121f3is

>Yusaku's apartment doesn't seem to have any kitchen or bathroom in it
Wew, Yusaku's such a poorfag. I bet he smells awful and is hungry all the time.

Local bathhouses are common in places like that. Japanese architecture in general encourages you to eat out more, as well.

I feel like Vrains is going to get stuck in the 5D's demographic trap where it ends up lacking in terms of the sheer number of viewers, no matter who they are. Too slow paced for kids looking for some kind of spectacle, but also too barebones and basic for teens and older who have access to other shounen and late night anime. Although, Vrains is arguably even more bare than 5D's part 1 was.

well his diet consist on hot dogs
and he showers in the school shower

Is that Zexal ending an example of a good ED to you? Or did you not like it

At this point simply having some animation in the ED is like a rich girl flaunting her pearls, it's a luxury Yugioh can't afford any more

Am I the only one who just finds VRAINS kind of boring so far?

From the past few threads, no. Most anons who bothered to post their opinions (and didn't fall asleep and forget about the show) so far agree it's pretty lackluster.

With the occasional user going
>b-but I think it's entertaining
but chances are that this user doesn't have any semblance of standards since they don't watch any kind of media outside of Yugioh.

I hope Vrains brings in the ratings, at least enough to see a good 2nd opening. I feel like they're testing the waters in terms of budget after the failure of Arc-V

>at least enough to see a good 2nd opening
It's going to have a 2nd opening though, they simply already decided it won't happen until a full year has passed.

>budget meme
Ratings are good since if you're going to make a commercial you want people to actually see the thing, but good ratings won't have much effect on how the show looks. Try thinking a little.

Many studios currently are having trouble finding competent animator slaves to animate their shows because there's simply too many shows being pumped out each season in proportion to the number of working animators who are worth their salt.

It's not really a problem that simply throwing more money at will fix, if the director and producers don't have strong enough connections to get half-decent animators to agree to slave away on a Yugioh show for ~3 years. It's bad enough to be stuck in a hellish production for a show that lasts only 1 cour, it's probably worse to work on a Yugioh that requires year round episodes.

>no revolver
wake me up

I know it's going to get a 2nd opening. I said a good opening, meaning visually in the context of my sentence

>good ratings won't have much effect on how the show looks
that might be true but bad ratings certainly doesn't help the show.

Also Arc-V showed that the show had 3-4 great animators under their belt and at least 1 decent Korean but so far nothing in the first 4 episodes have even come even close. There shouldn't be THAT big of a problem in finding animators that the first four, possibly even 5 episodes look lackluster. Seems like a problem of both them testing the waters and not b finding competent animators to me.

Testing the waters for what, exactly? Any producer who isn't insane would want the first ~3 episodes of their anime to look as good as possible (at least so they can coast a bit after that, if for no other reason), and the fact that they couldn't says it just couldn't be pulled together for whatever reason behind-the-scenes.

Also, many of Arc-V's best animators were assigned to the last 2 episodes or so of the final Yuya vs Reiji episodes, so either they'll show up on Vrains within the next 6 episodes, or a good number of them ran far away to much better opportunities on other projects.

>Also Arc-V showed that the show had 3-4 great animators
Would Kenichi Hara be one of them? He's probably getting old, since whatever work he can do now is only 1 or 2 steps above just passable nowadays. Ebina seems to have moved onto Fate and other opportunities. Akemi Yokota might still stick around, but who knows until her name shows up as an AD. Yuya Kawamura was an AD of the 2nd episode but obviously didn't have a lot of time to work on the episode. Noh has proven himself and is one of their best when he's given time, but it seems like from Shun vs Yuya ~ now he's being stretched thin with the workload, and hasn't been nearly as polished as he could be.

Things are looking up!

The show has potential and a nice premise, but after 4 episodes, it hasn't managed to reach a high point that really motivates the audience to watch the show. Animation also looks extremely stiff.

Arc-v was fucking trash

/INTO THE VRAINS/
It's Sup Forums sings time again,this time we're doing with the wind (Vrains OP1)
The deadline is the 15th of June and all submissions should only be your vocals (no backing) make sure you're on beat or on pitch (both is optimal, but just one is fine)
If it's too low or high change it by 3,5 or 8 semi tones depending on how drastic you need to change it (this is easily done in audacity) and feel free to record a harmony track to go along with it (on a separate file)

Song: youtube.com/watch?v=jgcFeT4_T-k
Lyrics:docs.google.com/document/d/1qYshgK1jYxdB_rhQpt6V3elBDSJtwu4RVuGQAOy-xnw/edit?usp=sharing
Send submissions to: [email protected]

Evil Blue Angel when?!

>season 4 is bad
What?

why the fuck it became 15 june just put it on already

I've said this once and I'll say it again, I want to fuck the shit out of Blue Angel and Aoi. Why the fuck are they so hot?

thanks man

Me too.

Check the archives, it was always the 15th

>but chances are that this user doesn't have any semblance of standards
More like they really hoped VRAINS would be good so they are desperately trying to convince themselves they like it.

Here:
vocaroo.com/i/s1HqXIZ5sPkL

I'd honestly rather go through whole episodes without a hint of a duel than have to sit through shit filler ones.

Its good

Spent all his money on a secret VRAINS link room.

What the fuck is wrong with their faces??

>That HITOTSUNI

Man I crack up every time I hear this. You clearly had some fun doing this

>tfw it's my 23rd birthday today and i only just found out yugi's birthday is apparently june 4 as well

Nice user. I'm currently doing my submission so do I say "INTU DAH VURAINZU" in the beginning or not?

He means Utopia Ray isn't that good because most times you are at 1000LP, 4000 damage to your opponent wont solve your problems