So is Rock Lee vs Gaara finally taken down as best shonen fight?

So is Rock Lee vs Gaara finally taken down as best shonen fight?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lwXCi1yO-xA
youtube.com/watch?v=XrdbZT5luns
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's nice, but in the end it amounted to flashy lights and effects which isn't much compared to proper hand-to-hand fighting.

So you're reason is you like hand to hand more even though gaara vs lee was dragged out and slow

this fight wasn't that good. idk why Sup Forums is losing their mind

even Eren vs Reiner was better

>idk why Sup Forums is losing their mind

it's being discussed outside of Sup Forums

Nope.

It was not even the best naruto fight kek, Minato vs Tobi was

that looks so fucking bad, might even be a fan project.

She's a big girl

This is the fight of the year.
>>/wsg/1721187

This "Sup Forums is an expert at anime" meme needs to die already. Sup Forums is full of normie faggots who can't tell one anime from another

More like Sup Forums is full of crossboarding newfags who are still watching their first 100 anime.

All Gaara did was stand in place and stare at things. Then there were some recycled attack animations. It was a 3/10 scene.

I'm barely ever on Sup Forums but I actually just came on today to bitch about this and get someones opinion. Why the fuck was Deku disqualified when the teachers interfered with the fight? obviously Todoraki's fireball hitting a cement wall isn't going to hurt him but then deku launched himself at it and they're acting like it didn't happen. I'd rather them call it a tie but stop deku from proceeding from injuries.

I came to terms with him losing the match a few episodes before because if he fails they have higher stakes in next years tourney but I didn't expect an ending this awful.

Good show so far but this gets my goat.

>katana cuts an axe

You clearly haven't read this

What are you talking about disqualified idiot? Midoriya got knocked out of bounds, Todo didn't.

Any file over 4mb can't be uploaded. So I posted it on a board that has a higher file size limit.

>muh realism

I got such an erection. I need to catch up.

Rock Lee vs Gaara isn't really that outstanding for the entire genre.

Goku vs Cell
Piccolo vs 17
Netero vs Meruem
Minato vs Tobi

All better.

yeah but Todo didn't dive into a cement wall. It was obvious he was going to lose but the teachers interfered then called a ring out.

The method of how they ended the fight was unfair for physical attackers and they shouldn't ignore that

You are all small time

>female sayins
huh

Meruem gets slapped a thousand time then rips off netero's limbs. What a fight.

almost every fight in that manga was hype

>dbz fights
you have to be joking.

The walls were for deku's safety, if they didn't throw them up he was going headfirst into the explosion and getting fucking
killed. Todo still had ice wall's so he wouldn't have lost anyway.

Deku was airborn jumping into an explosion while Todoroki was at least grounded.

The wall was mostly for Deku's sake

it's still a loss for midoriya because at this point in time, he still can't use his quirk without fucking hurting himself to the point of killing himself.

Minato vs Tobi wasn't much of a fight though. It was like 10 min of monologue and then one attack.

>shaving off the upper arm skin

Wow this looks terrible.

Where is the animation?

That animation and music at the end had me hyped. I'm kind of dissapointe we didn't get to have the entire fight be as bombastic and animated. Maybe it should've had two episodes. I guess that would be a bit hard considering every time Midori uses his power he breaks a part of his body. Realistically he didn't sand much of a chance but I still would've liked to see him fighting till every single part of his body was battered and bruised.

>expecting realism from the guy who can cut entire airplanes with his katana

Yes. Go fucking rewatch Rock Lee vs. Gaara. An enormous amount of it is talking, pans, and recycled content. Just because the actual fight is kind of cool doesn't make the episode of the "fight" itself good.

Plus the fight was way underbudget animation/execution wise compared to fights that came near after it.

So much of peoples hype on the fight was a fan favorite beating on the untouchable asshole.

It's because in the manga the fight wasn't bombastic until the fire kicked in. It was as Midoriya wanted: an endurance match, who would succumb to their own limits first. I would say the anime took it even further my making all of Deku's injuries look that much more grueling.

Plus, the close quarters fighting bit before the flashbacks wasn't in the manga, so it was nice to see that.

Well, considering that I guess I'm glad we got more than what was in the manga, but I still wish there was more. It just felt a little anti-climatic.

Not him, but it's not just hand to hand.
This was just flashy no well done choreography, really weak character drama, felt like a shitty korean soap opera.
Extremely low stakes.
Boring choreography, and extremely predictable.

The last 30 seconds looked great don't be me wrong, but it's really just flashy fluff at the end of the day and it doesn't stand against a well written fight like lee vs gaara.

Honestly this is more like a poor mans naruto vs neji. protagonist vs genius, except the character motivations and drama aren't as interesting.
And the battle choreography and depth is no existent.

Doesn't beat the awe of Lee removing his leg weights.

It's really not though, the best parts about this bnh fight is the flashy ending sequence, everything else was mediocore at best .
I do like that the anime doesn't drag it out causes it's not 10 cour or some shit, but the fight itself was average at best.

>against a well written fight like lee vs gaara.

I'm not going to make Naruto comparisons because it's been a decade+ since I watched any of those, but I'll agree that this fight wasn't that strong on choreography. It was a fairly typical fight structurally, but with some excellent effects animation.

Well, it being kept to a single episode sure as fuck helped a lot

That looks dumb as hell. What is he even doing?

>flashy shit with no substance or actual choreography.
>best fight
lel no.

>everybody sucking the lee vs gaarda's fight's dick when it wasn't even that well animated when this exists

youtube.com/watch?v=lwXCi1yO-xA

>no substance
Wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=XrdbZT5luns

I don't know about the naruto fights since i haven't watched it for good long time after I got tired of those episodes solely about exposition and "feel bad for me" back stories everyone gets. But I can't help but agree with you when it comes to the choreography. The end was flashy, but I've seen much better fight sequences.

I felt like everytime Deku punched Todoroki was kinda stupid, like there was really no reason for that to happen but it did. Like Todoroki had this constant struggle in his mind between acting smart and acting like a moron and plunging into Deku's fist.

>Gash Bell will never get the Brotherhood treatment
Feels bad man

Deku vs Muscle man will be better.

Since when is Lupin so bloody

>Ringouts
user pls
Not even close. Sure it was flashy for 20 seconds but the writing is so bad.
No surprises, no clash of ideals, it felt like todoroki vs his dad was more interesting then the actual fight itself. The at home drama shit felt so incredible cheap.Yet the rock lee fight had me bawling my eyes out with his personal drama.
Also they really fucked up when they gave away the characters powers earlier on, we already know what they can do so we can't be surprised.
I read some manga fights and the more interesting ones were fights where they introduce a new character and we learn about the abilities mid battle, keeps things interesting.
They also fucked up by giving these two the most boring generic powers ever. I mean Gaara's power was element based as well but because of all the rules established about ninja magic he could do so much with it.
Sand clones, Sand Armor, sand force field shit, always some generally original and surprising use of ninjustsu.
Yet in Bnha they are so limited to what they can do.

This is literally a case of style over substance, you can't be fooled by pretty colors and then try to compare it to such an in depth fight as gaara vs rock lee.

He was slowing down and unable to react in time. He was literally freezing himself to exhaustion.

Probably has the best writing for any shonen tournament fight between secondary characters i've ever seen.
Care to discuss?

>No surprises, no clash of ideals
negro please

>Yet in Bnha they are so limited to what they can do.

so?

>This is literally a case of style over substance, you can't be fooled by pretty colors and then try to compare it to such an in depth fight as gaara vs rock lee.

el em ay oh, son. You know people were hyped for this fight in the manga too right?

5/10 for me replying and putting effort into the shitpost

HAHA holy shit.

yes

see

>ANN review pasta
Not that guy, and he's probably baiting anyway, but use your own fucking words, user.

When deku pumched him with a full all might fights why didn't his body literally explode? Or is it just more bad writing.

Wait, is that Gashbell-or-something, right? Is it worth reading? I mean when i was a kid i saw some ads about a guy, a book and his doll or something so it didn't call my attention at all, but i have seen it posted here some times. So, should i read it? I don't want just good fights, i want to know if the story is good and it the end is good too. Thank you in advance.

>Yutaka "Madman" Nakamura

The rest of the episode still had well-animated bits and was well-drawn overall.

>fanwank headcanon
Hey I can make shit look deep too.

there are times when others explain better than us.

I hate you "p-pasta!" faggots. The post flawlessly sums up what makes the fight so great, why waste time rewording it just so worthless idiots can have their epic OC?

It's bad reading actually. By you.

It was established already Midoryia subconsciously limits the power when he's directly attacking another person precisely so he doesn't blow them up.

>>headcanon
>every element of the Sports Festival, from Deku's relationship with All Might, to Uraraka's relationship with her parents, to Shoto and Endeavor focusing on parents and legacy is headcanon
How utterly stupid are Narutards/

>dimming

Then why would he approach Deku head on then? If Deku has the upper hand in close quarters shouldn't he stay back? It's not like the fucking wind is gonna kick him out if he has his ice behind him. To me it just didn't seem like his 'trembling' was worse than Deku's fucking destroyed arms and fingers. He could've easily won in endurance.

>No surprises
Key to making a good fight, gotta keep the viewer guessing, most of the hype moments come from things we never expect.
>Clash of ideals
They played the whole "there is something going on beside the fight" but it really didn't envolve deku, he felt like more of an outsider to it all.

>Limited powers
Can't make anything original or creative with such limitations, kind of fucked themselves over from the jump desu.

>Style over substance
I was talking about the anime. People get hype for any major fight evolving the protagonist. Big panels with screaming is more then enough.

Literally fireworks. That's not a fight.

Eh, I still think Rock Lee vs Gaara was better.

It is way too convenient that Deku precisely at that time managed to control his power enough to achieve a perfect punch without killing him. To me it definitely seems like bad writing.

>No surprises, no clash of ideals
EVERYTHING MUST BE A PLOTTWIST AND EVERYONE MUST BE CONSTANTLY AT ODDS WITH EACHOTHER!

Kill yourself, Narutard.

I believe it was because Deku was trying to actually hold back his power when directly hitting his classmate. He went full power when blocking ice attacks which is why he broke his fingers. But if you look at his body parts after hitting Nakamura you'll notice his body didn't noticeably degrade at all.

>Two characters are opposite
Yet no actual clash of ideals. Thanks for pointing me to that pasta highlighting where the shows shoots itself in the foot yet again.

It's called conflict. You know, the essence of story.

>Key to making a good fight, gotta keep the viewer guessing
No it isn't, le EPIC PLOT TWIST AND SURPRISES is why Kubo became a meme. Academia has laid out and tactical fights that you can follow like actual sports.
>They played the whole "there is something going on beside the fight" but it really didn't envolve deku
Except recognizing people in need and helping even when they don't ask for it is one of the core tenets of being a hero, even sacrificing his placing in the tournament
>Can't make anything original or creative with such limitations
The cavalry battles alone are more creative than anything in Nardo

Fuck off Narutard

God, it wasn't full at all, Deku isn't a fucking murderer, he knows he can't go full against others, his concern for this has been stated a few times.
Also, the microwave man, have you even been paying attention?

Since when did those faggots beat Goku and General Tao's fights?

Why didn't he just punch him out of the ring?
The attack didn't appear to be any stronger then a normal punch.
I understand him holding back but the placed so much importants on deku landing a hit, he finally does and it's a fucking dud, given how just a flick is enough to move todoroko several meters and perfectly landed punch should be able to move him out the wring.

That fight was the height of the manga. Truly glorious.
The best mirror match in all of shonen, no debating that.

>Raikou's defending himself legally means none of his manga will ever be adapted again

>Why didn't he just punch him out of the ring?
Jesus christ.

Todoroki has steel abs as the result of Endeavor punching him in the stomach until he threw up

You live by the name of speedreaders, and also retards, better see
And

Todoroko keeps creating ice walls for himself to hit before he gets launched out of the ring.

>it stops being headcanon just because I mix up some elements from the story in it.

>feelsman
Fuck off, /r9k/.

Rock lee releasing his weights ins't a plot twist, it's just a surprise, and it made for one of the most iconic scenes in anime.

The characters don't need to be at odds with each other but the writer presented this personal delima and ideology of two characters, that according to this guyLIs a complete clash of ideals, yet nothing is explored directly through the characters.
They just punch each other really hard, booooring.

didn't even watch the episode itself but figured out that the green ball would explode in the background. Predictabo!

Absolutely. General story is that 100 demon kids need to burn each other's books by finding their perfect partner (who can read their spells) and it goes from monster of the weak to arc-boss based. It plays most of the typical shounen tropes but does them 100% properly and knows how to pace, panel, and pull are your fucking heart. It's also smart enough to make trust and emotion with your partner a legitimate power source, without breaking it that much.
The amount of emotion and insanity is incredible. Story's final arc is weak since they needed a HUGE send-off villian,and even then it stays fucking amazing.
Really funny too.

A lot of people here consider it to be one of the best battle shonen's ever.

It starts off sort of generic, as a standard run of the mill villian of the week series, but it executes on all of the standard cliches of the genre with such good execution and passion it's easy to not mind. Also, it does a good job of worldbuilding the town the characters live in and it's side characters and giving them personality and having everything grow on you, since it has a lot of purely comedy/slice of life chapters (and the comedy is fucking great) and segments thrown. IT's also even in these early volumes really good at contrasting that humor with super effective emotional punches to the gut with darker stuff. You can have a kid trying to commit sucide due to years of abuse by his parents one page and then the next page have slapstick comedy and the manga-ka is able to pull both off super well without any sort of whiplash

However, where it really gets good is after the first arc (or first 12 volumes), at which point it switches to being arc based rather then villian of the week, and the fights become strategic, the art starts to become really fantastic, and from there on out it rapidly and consistently improves and becomes fucking amazing.

So yeah, i'd reccomend it, but you need to keep in mind that it sort of has a slow burn before it goes from "enjoyable but not exceptional" to "one of the best in it's genre"