British have to pay for a tv licence

>british have to pay for a tv licence

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EqG4ysu2ksU
youtube.com/watch?v=yHNfvJc99YY
tvlicensing.co.uk/about/foi-legal-framework-AB16
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off. We pay the communist scum at the ABC over a billion in taxes a year, we can't laugh about shit.

Yes we can
youtube.com/watch?v=EqG4ysu2ksU
We do not have that problem.
Also Brits can not see what I posted lol

how do i delete a thread

This. You're paying for everything one way or another

BBC won't release audited figures on how many people actually pay it.

I know I don't.

Just ignore their "dear occupier" threatening letters. I've never had anyone knock on the door from TV Licensing and don't plan on talking to them if they do.

this

We used to have to have a licence for a pet dog years ago.

Hardly anyone bothered it though & it was dropped years ago.

big if true

MWahahahaha
Sorry, not sorry.
It is the young ones - Tv detector man

>tfw have to have a license for a butterknife

This is now a retro Britain thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=yHNfvJc99YY

Bin that dog, mate. This is a sharia zone

i had someone show up once when i was a student.

just say you don't watch the bbc. they'll give you a bit of a look but that's about all they can do.

>girl

>british have to

tvlicensing.co.uk/about/foi-legal-framework-AB16
>Is a TV Licence required to own a television set?
You don’t need a TV Licence to own or possess a television set. However, if you use it to watch or record programmes as they are being shown on TV or live on an online TV service, or to download or watch BBC programmes on demand, including catch up TV, on BBC iPlayer, then you need a TV Licence in order to do so.

This is pretty easy to understand. The BBC does not make money through advertisements or product placements, it's paid for by having a licence, essentially a subscription but that is required by law. If you don't receive live broadcast TV then you don't need a licence.

For some reason this fact bum befuddles various people on Sup Forums, almost certainly those with IQs below 75.

>This is now a retro Britain thread
Retro UK thread

Still need a licence if you watch non-BBC live TV though.

It's like paying royalties to Pepsi even if you only drink Coca Cola

At least British know how much they pay, something that is lost in Australian taxes. Let me remind you that you pay two times, since ads pay it too. When you pay with taxes and on top of that have ads that means you are getting screwed. And then they screw you even for the 3rd time, by not producing any Australian shows, but instead show you old American television shows. You pay license to basically pay for salaries of national television producers and their cast, which means they shouldn't be making more money with ads.

Correct. Although I have no idea in what way that goes back into the infrastructure and how other channels essentially benefit from that.

The fact is that broadcast TV is an old technology that is hard to use and enforce in a public setting because of the nature of the technology, which is why it was written into law.

With modern technology that's not "broadcast" such as Netflix and alike, broadcast TV is completely obsolete, the only reason it's still around is because there's a slow adoption rate for online services by old people. BBC will be gone in 1 more generation.

I'm 34 and never paid a licence fee, they visited me once about 10 years ago after claiming I didn't need a licence. You don't need to let their inspection officer in but I genuinely don't have a TV so let them in and they've never bothered me since, took about 30 seconds to verify there was no TV

I do however have a 1080p LCD projector which I use to throw a 125" screen, hooked up to my PC. If you want to me normie scum and watch BBC then go ahead but streaming HD or even just downloading TV/Movie rips is far superior. Got 16Tb media PC full of media. Don't need a licence for that :)

The problem with the British TV licensing method is that those who enforce it act like, and are permitted to act like they are a branch of the government and police, when they're actually members of a private company.

It would be like giving Coca Cola the right to turn up with police officers, force entry under threat of legal action, and ensure you have no unlicensed cups in the house which may be used to drink a Coca Cola product.

They act that way because it's most effective at collecting money from chavs who want to consume a service but not pay for it.

However they're not allowed to force entry, they have no more rights than private citizens, we hear this all the time, that they're allowed to barge into private premises and that's just completely false. They may request to enter to which you can say no. To enter homes they have to get a court order and that means you need to go in front of a judge, be served with papers and all that good stuff.

The reason I let them into my place was because if you genuinely don't need a licence then they'll flag that down and leave you alone.

I actually don't have a problem with them collecting fees if people genuinely watch BBC programs. It's nigger tier to not pay for something you're required to pay for.

In Germany, you don't even have a TV. If you live somewhere, you have to pay about 18 euros a month.

(((They))) get 9 billion from us

only faggots pay it.
I haven't paid it since the year I left my family home.
Nothing happens to you for not paying it unless you let those cunts into your house when they knock your door.

*you don't even have to have

>However they're not allowed to force entry

Yet they will put their foot through the door which counts as inviting them in, or touch you with their piece of paper which makes you accept their terms of entry. Hence why the advice is to not open the door at all if they are outside.

So does Sweden... F

Laugh. Stare at them and laugh.

>have to
If that were so I'd have one. Which I don't. Thyme.

>i had someone show up once when i was a student.
>just say you don't watch the bbc
That made sense in the pub with your mates didn't it.

>they will put their foot through the door which counts as inviting them in, or touch you with their piece of paper which makes you accept their terms of entry

It's not fucking vampire rules you know. Da fuck are you on?

TAKE YE HANDS OFF THE REMOTE CUNT

NOW, walk backwards towards me while rehearsing the quran. Now face mecca, WRONG direction, off ya go to the slammer then ya islamophobe.

>White westerners pay insane amounts of taxes to nanny and maintain prasitic, ungrateful third worlders who hate them in exchange and they can't object against it.

>worked part time to avoid income tax
>work increased my hours
>now I am working to fund my own demise
>and have no time to do anything before the weekend