Hibike! Euphonium

2 new films announced.
The Topsy-Turvey 2nd Movement
1st Part: August 20th 2018
2nd part: October 5th 2018
Yamada directing one and Ishihara directing the other.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dldIiuNxdwk
anime-eupho.com/news/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Milking recaps might be smart for business but real scummy for the fans. Just make new TV series or new films instead. It's a shame we are praising jew practices.

youtube.com/watch?v=dldIiuNxdwk

can't believe it

They are new films. There is a recap this year and then two new films next year.

Now that is rather exciting! I thought they adapted all the vols though.

Look at It's about 2nd year?

The first film will focus on Mizore and Nozomi.
The second film will continue the story from Winter, where Season 2 left off.

Both films are new stories.

anime-eupho.com/news/

Yamada is doing the Mizore and Nozomi story and Ishihara is doing Kumiko's 2nd year story.

Did KyoAni give up on TV anime altogether then?

Guess they are just a shitty budget film studio rather than a great TV studio now.

Another thing, the very end seems to be talking about a THIRD film. The Mizore-Nozomi story is one film, and the 2nd year Kumiko story is another. No details known on the third one.

It's the next stage of their growth. Their movies might look like polished TV anime now, but once they get their name out into the mainstream like Hosoda and Shinkai did you can bet they'll get the resources to make mind-blowing animation fitting of a movie.

Good the faster the leave TV series alone the better.

Well they will probably become irrelevant as far as Sup Forums is concerned.

Movies take 6-12 months after aired + shit subs since no official license. Truly the end of an era.

Oh, never mind. The third movie is entitled "Hibike! Euphonium: Todoketai Melody", whose details will be announced on September 30.

FAT

That's what I mean films often get discussion at best for a few weeks after they release on BD. TV shows permanently get discussion going for at least 3 months. Discussion around ASV is pretty much dead already.

That's the recap movie.

Mizore movie isn't recap?

That isn't a third new movie. That's the recap movie. It's first screening is September this year.

So Ishihara will be doing the Chuu2 movie, the Hibike recap movie and the new movie at the same time. We'll probably won't see a new TV series from him for a while.

yamakan on suicide watch

We probably won't see a new TV series from the studio for a while.

Really hated how the mizore arc had little characterization and buildup, only shitty flashbacks, hope the movie is sort of a prequel about their relationship

We still have Violet Evergarden

>The first film will focus on Mizore and Nozomi.
Who the fuck asked for this?

Their arc was the shittiest part of both seasons.

Maybe Yamada can make it good seeing as she is directing.

Now /u/ faggots can get a proper BTFO.
Thank you based Kyoani.

/u/ gets to have Mizore and Nozomi gaying it up for a whole film.

>more /u/posting
I don't if I should rejoice or not.

>/u/ gets to have Mizore and Nozomi gaying it up for a whole film.
Yup. /u/ consolation prize (movie).

>Kumiko's Love Story
I told you.

Probably their last ever TV series.

I can't believe it's real.

Thanks God.

Aren't they both recaps? I'm kind of interested in the Yamada one after watching Koe no Katachi.

We probably won't get to see either film until 2019 so enjoy the wait.

Nice cleavage

No.

Sweet.

Calling it now, Kumiko's movie will be her having a relationship with Reina and that faggot getting rejected. There's a reason the trailer shows her and Reina together.

Too late for me.

>August 20th 2018
>October 5th 2018
Very nice. By that time I'll be permanently moved to Japan.

What a time to be alive

You dead soon? Sucks to be you.

Why is KyoAni milking those mediocre franchises to death?

They are not very popular and even 10 movies won't change that.

ああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ

How many times do they have to save anime?
Thank You Based Kyoanai, I'm proud of you guys

>those 3rd year
Kaori is glorious.

>growth

They stopped growing years ago.

Funny of you to say this when they already announced Chuu2Byo having a new movie (no recap this time). They have the time management, the have the staff, nobody can stop them.

As opposed to milking what?

It's like you want those movies to fail. Yuri is literally the only thing people still care about in Hibike.

Too strong and independent to work on something really decent. Literally no choice because no one big publisher will never work with them again.
Don't forget, thay gave their literature prizes to Kyoukai no Kanata and Phantom World.

A good original series that is a success for a change?

The last KyoAni success was Free. Everything since then failed.

Looks like it ain't dead yet.

Violet Ever Garden is their only winner. The rest have only received honorable mentions.

As much as I like yuri I don't think they have the balls to go all the way in. If we're lucky we'll get an implied Asuka end.

>Yuri is literally the only thing people still care about in Hibike.

>try to start their own LN brand
>every series they publish is trash with shit sales
>try to make anime out of them
>they all fail hard

My first reaction is yikes. A movie based off the two worst characters in a bad season? Even if it's Yamada that doesn't exactly scream hype. Ishihara doing the other one also isn't comforting.

Ugh.

So we're definitely getting Rikka too sometime later?

B-but at least we have chu2...

Don't even pretend it's not true. Go take a look at the fanart.

Does this mean we will be getting more ribbons?

Considering all flops from Kyoani's original LNs except this franchise? Then yes.

Who cares about sales? They're a great studio, they do not fail.

So does this mean we can finally get shoeitchy love story?
Hype

>Who cares about sales?

People in charge of studio finances? At this point nobody even orders LN adaptations in KyoAni that's why they are making movie after movie of some niche series barely anyone cares about.

Ribbons rules the neighborhood now. She's now the president.

Yes our girl Kumiko is coming back! 2 2 hour long movies will be essentially like a 3rd season

More Nozomi?

Fuck yes. Second half of season 2 lacked screen time for the most talented and best girl of the series.

I'm counting on it.

Both seasons of Hibike sold well though.

H A I R C L I P
A
I
R
C
L
I
P

7k average is not good sales. Especially for a series with those production values.

>Trigger couldn't save anime with LWA
>Kyoani has to step in and save it once again

I suppose you know the costs and revenue streams for KyoAni productions?

It is though. And Kyoani's production values aren't higher than those of other studios.

>7k average is not good sales
We're not in the late '00 anymore, grandpa.

7k is such bad sales that they decided to make more. The proof is in the pudding mate. You wouldn't keep working on the same shit if you weren't making good money on it. You are living in the past referencing BD sales of 7k as if that was bad when 80% of series are lucky to get above 3k.

hot damn, i think my balls just exploded

that said as much as i love quality movies, i kinda like quality tv shows a bit more. i prefer the format. i enjoy a slow but lasting burn over three months more than a quick hard hit.

We will see more of her right?

>The second film will continue the story from Winter, where Season 2 left off.
I don't get it: didn't the show adapt all novels? I know there was that one spinoff novel but that wasn't a sequel. Unless they're going original again?

KyoAni are going to become more and more irrelevant on Sup Forums as they stop making TV anime.

We won't see either of these films until 2019 at the earliest and then they will be discussed for maybe a couple of weeks and entirely forgotten by the majority of posters.

Just look at the Koe no Katachi discussion that's pretty much over already.

what kind of benchmark is that even supposed to be. who gives a fuck about Sup Forums threads?

The majority of people posting on Sup Forums.

I hope it will be about Reina and Kumiko and not more Asuka and literally whos from the band.

they're all trash

There is Rikka spinoff and a sequel to that which serves as a sequel to both. I believe the author also said she wanted to write more.

See

There is a new sequel eupho novel coming out in august.

>A shoe movie
That's even worse.

No, I actually think that retconning your own novel due to anime original content is so much worse.

M8, literally the top 3 of the most well done movies from Kyoani are /het/ romance.
>Disappearance
>Koe no Katachi
>Tamako Love Story
>Honorable mention Kyoukai no Kanata

Recap surprisingly did better than others
¥223,000,000 Hibike! Euphonium ~Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso~
¥220,000,000 Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!: Takanashi Rikka Kai
¥205,000,000 Tamako Market: Tamako Love Story
¥203,000,000 Kyoukai no Kanata -I'll Be Here- Mirai-hen

>Disappearance
>romance
Remove your shipping goggles a little

You both don't get the point. It's too late for that. Nobody likes shoe, heck I barely even remembered him until you pointed out that he was a thing. If they want to go full romance they should have laid out the path in the two TV shows but alI they did was to make a laughing stock out of him.

>Disappearance
>not romance
Sure thing, m9.