ITT: Shows that got worse and dropped in quality after a time skip

ITT: Shows that got worse and dropped in quality after a time skip.

The final timeskip in Rakugo

Seed was bad

Destiny...

speaking of gundam, build fighter was fun and exciting. the only thing try got right was the girls.

Facts of life. The longer a shonen gets, the shittier it becomes

Build Fighters is a parody.
Build Fighters Tri plays it straight.

All of them. Name one timeskip where the show got better afterwards. You can't!

SEED had a good second half. Destiny shit the bet.

TTGL is the only one I know that still maintained after the time skip

This. So much this.

The timeskip is just the writer taking excessive liberties when they really shouldn't.

Cut to the heart of the story and don't fuck around on the sides. Boku no Hero got this mostly right for the first 90 chapters then they blew it.

That's why I dropped it.

TTGL, although it was a huge tone shift from the fight on Tepplin to MUH POLITICS

>chapter 90
what was wrong with the allmight fight

Oh, sorry - I meant right after it.

It was just a massive release of tension. Here you have a 90 odd chapter build up of:
>All Might is losing his power, very quickly
>All Might knows he is going to die
>The villains are on the up & up again
>The time with Deku is going to be special as we know his end is coming quickly

And then he lives.

I just felt they missed out on a chance to make the manga absolutely golden. That Final OFA v AFO fight was just reaching the pinnacle, and spectacular in every way (bar him living).

Then the fights over, the group is like "ok well see you later then at school I guess"... and the tension is just gone completely.

I've been re-reading it once every while for new chapters, but it's just missing that narrative tension that made it stand from the crowd. Now it's just a slightly better drawn shonen.

Usagi Drop. People only talk about the ending but the entire timeskip was terrible in general.

Memes aside and all, One piece is actually better after the timeskip, and it keeps getting better

fishman city was a waste of time, and they spent eons in birdcage. Franky irrelevant, Chopper irrevelant, Nami mostly irrelevant, Brooks fucking dead

If you disliked One Piece before the timeskip then yeah I could see why someone would like it after the timeskip. Dropped all sense of adventure and turned into a standard battle shounen after the timeskip (not a terrible one, just a standard dime-a-dozen tier battle shounen)

>Destiny...
was better than SEED until the last 15 episodes.

So, pretty much any show that's been around for more than 5 years

The current arc is bound to be in the top 3 maybe that's why.

Usagi Drop

Hunter X Hunter

pic related

off the top of my head with ones you might have heard of:
ttgl
karin (a short one, but it goes from a generic romcom to one of the more interesting things I've read past it)
Rozen maiden
dragonball (kind of cheats though cause there's 5 time skips, with half of them just being excuses for more tournament arcs)
H2 (If it counts as long enough)
GTO
saike (until he and his asspulls gets cancelled)
last game (I think this is the only non-shounen-action manga that that does it, most others are so episodic I'd say it doesn't count)

also a lot of shows do fairly regular skips of a few months that I think aren't referred to by timeskips of course, but so many shows are just fairly episodic in general that it seems impossible for them to have a time skip, some of them can get debatable
I'd give the award for dramatic dip after a skip to alive the final evolution though
and yeah, it is mostly just at tool to add some more flashback material for your characters and/or close a power-gap in your shounen manga

I heard you talking shit about time skips

Animal Land too

from fun lighthearted adventure to "I won because I yelled harder and longer which made my punches stronger".....IN SPACE

Especially One Piece was horrible after the time skip
I was very hyped to see it too

>lighthearted adventure
what the fuck were you reading for the entire red ribbon and piccolo arcs?

>red ribbon
It was lighthearted adventure outside of Tao Pai Pai sub arc.

they were more silly than serious from my pov

No the girls were awful in Try but I suppose Sup Forums never looks at anything but appearance.

Fishman Island was a mistake

Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate since I read that. There are 387.44 million miles worth of plastic pissbottles that fill my basement. If the word hate was engraved on every nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for the faggots responsible at this micro-instant. For censorship. Hate. Hate.

Rave Master

Hello A.M.

Red ribbon, yes. But Piccolo? It had its fair share of humour, but so did Namek and Buu, even Saiyan and Android arcs to an extent. Yet Piccolo saga was serious most o the time, it starts with Krillin's death, Kame-sennin gets his second fully serious scene in the franchise, Chiaotzu and Shenron die, so supposedly no one is coming back etc. It's this arc that has the tonal shift, not the saiyans.

Still maintained a level of "good" with me.
Especially when Kenji came back. But it never got as good as it first was, prior to any time skip it was a masterpiece.

The first one was bad enough, but the second skip sent it right down the shitter