Serial Experiments Lain

did this rattle your soul like it did mine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t9CXmEUwvgM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Watched it like 10 years ago i don't even remember what i felt

was this on north american networks? i almost feel like i saw something like this back in the detour days

pain in the brain

It rattled my dick.

Yeah, I think toonami aired it either that or it was on something like sci-fi's anime programing block.

I'm warning you now...

ahhh okay
yeah i started it last night but thought it was familiar for some reason

everything is connected i guess

sexy choice of picture

Hey kid, I'm a computer. Stop all the downloadin!

It cured my insomnia.

me stoned watching this

Kuso show. But plebs who don't know any better pretend to like it because it is the first show they watch after Eva.

chaos in the brain
Let my blood flow, make my blood flow through you mane
You got no business questioning a thang

TechTV on their anime block Anime Unleashed. They used to show Boogiepop Phantom, Betterman, and other anime of that caliber.

Probably had more impact in the early "Whoah, Dude, Internet" days.

Present day!

We've seen it come to fruition, the culmination of human consciousness into a sort of cultural hive mind. I definitely felt like it was speaking to the feel of 2007-2009-era Sup Forums (Sup Forums, Anonymous, etc.) where it was just this wave of personalities and opinions flooding forward and forming some sort of cohesive thought process or action or opinion. That was the idea they were going for, it felt like.

Whether that holds true in 2017, I dunno. You could make an argument for the whole meme culture being part of that but I really don't want to.

No. And you don't seem to understand

Is that supposed to be a girl

It feels like another anime where the writers themselves have no real idea how to answer the questions/concepts they put out to their audience. Pace is slow, structure is poor.

Very memorable OP

youtube.com/watch?v=t9CXmEUwvgM

Heh.

>Insinuating there is any real answer to any philosophical quandary

i can agree with the era, didnt this inspire the matrix?

great song, such a good feel for the show

this is a good description

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>meme culture
That's like the hivemind's nascent self-awareness, but it's collapsed inward on itself instead, confined to the same cultural metaphors.

SEL saw the internet as Ted Nelson's xanadu project (iirc it's even referenced in the show), connecting information rather than simply archiving it. But instead web architecture went in that opposite direction--information is atomized and broken across websites, the closest thing we ever got are centralized search engines and social media, which again are just reifying the same cultural metaphors we already had.

At this rate a being like Lain will never emerge.

>Song is performed by Paul Rodgers daughters band.

Blew my mind.

nigga

You say that, but even if the architecture compartmentalizes the information, it doesn't stop it from aggregating together and collecting into a whole. Not to bring up Leddit, but content collection sites are among the most popular on the Internet, stuff like funnyjunk and Facebook pages that take content and serve it up in an easily digestible format with other data gathered from all over.

There's also the notion of remix media that's gaining ground, fusing two or more ideas that aren't original to the creator into something new, or morphing existing ideas into something that transcends the creator. Hell, we saw that happen on a huge scale really recently with Pepe. The web architecture may not support it on a physical level but the hive mind, or zeitgeist if you prefer that term, of the collective online human consciousness makes it work.

HUMMMMMmmmmmm

was okay, barely understood anything as I watched it, had to search up an explanation afterwards. opening song is fucking goat though

Nostalgia level at maximum

Oh my godddd the humming

no it made me fall asleep.

Best sing of the Anime