youtube.com/watch?time_continue=77&v=-CRJLam3BNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's tons of cg in that new caterpillar movie of his

He's always right.

>computer-phobia

>Not being appropriately scared of computers

the full documentary in english
youtube.com/watch?v=xs1sLnaq4xk

Miyazaki is just an old man spouting shit about how the old days were better. Of course hand-drawn animation looks better than bad CG, it's been like that since the 90's and will continue to do so for a while. CG has always be notorious for being used by lazy people to trade quality in exchange for a lesser monetary and time cost.

Being afraid of computers because most people utilize them wrong is fucking stupid. Look at the ways people are able to increase the fps of anime through frame interpolation and shit, look at how good CG can be used to make fight scenes much more smooth. He unironically needs to actually retire and stop caring so much

Seems like Miyazaki tried using a cheappo resistive touchscreen like 30 years ago and never bothered keeping up with technology

Fight scenes are stupid and people who spend their lives masturbating to the screen have lost their humanity.

Let me guess. The webm is just putting false words to what that Miamoto Musashi dude says.

>motion interpolation
>fight scenes
You have to go Sup Forumsack

youtube.com/watch?v=Xsxx92lFL1o

I don't think it's art if you have to use a computer.

Hope you don't like anything from Pixiv

It's interesting but I haven't seen anything I'd describe as art on there. My standards are absurdly high though.

People in anime are using CG in a completely wrong way.

Instead of using 3D models and rendering them, the ideal CG program outputs raw pixels directly. This is where vision AI research done by Facebook or Google is going.

You posted the wrong one youtube.com/watch?v=UUF9c8oXk08 is where OPs is from.

Google, facebook and USA government spent billions of dollars in that garbage
The only thing they use is to gather info about users and sell to marketing companies
This is done for decades

Good cel shading > Good digital shading

Bad cel shading < Bad digital shading

What a fucking idiot. He's not even a good director or animator. I hate this pretentious old pedophile.

Why did Dezaki have to die while this absolute hack of shitstain still lives? Fuck this gay Earth.

The facebook project is to create a computer than can read everything that goes on screen
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=77&v=-CRJLam3BNc

You open a picture of a pizza and a computer voice says "There is a pic of a pizza"
It's no use for blind people, it's just a waste of money

>old man waxes nostalgically about how much better things were in the old days and how shit everything is today.

The interviewer isn't even looking at Miyazaki half the time. Was she trembling in the glory of Japanese Colonel Sanders?

>develop a program who's end goal is clearly to develop visual understanding as a precursory component to general level AI, something which would be the most significant development in human history
>but it's not helping the blind so it's a waste of money

The girl is the translator dummy.

They just say it's for the blind when really they want to enslave us all to their robot overlords

>be a luddit

As in, feed a model hand drawn training data and let it "fill in the blanks"?

Might be a fun little project for me to test out.

>I don't know dick about machine learning

With how much he hates CG, I was wondering if the Kemono Friend's sales numbers were going to make Miyazaki finally commit sudoku.

Miyazaki doesn't give a fuck about the industry apart from his movies

I think japs are using computers the wrong way to begin with, which is why people like Miyazaki don't have good opinions of them.

The whole point of a computer is that it does things completely differently from traditional handdrawing. It renders thousands of objects effortlessly without you having to draw them one by one. It can render 60fps with a simple setting change without you having to draw 3 times more frames. The only challenge is the model animations, how to make them move in a natural way that doesn't look complete shit. The problem is japs limit their CG to 20fps in a retarded attempt to recreate the "anime effect" and don't put any effort in the animation itself, which as a result they shit out stuff like Berserk 2016

Meanwhile in Studio Ghibli...

He shut down the CG division, they still use digital coloring

god you're a fucking dumbass
I hope retards like you have brain damage

Nice opinion, also
>putting art on a pedestal

I still just think 3d anime looks awkward as fuck. Even Appleseed, which is probably one of better looking ones out there, just had a strange and empty feeling to it that traditional animation doesn't suffer from. 3d, I think, just draws way too much attention to the medium.

>artists in charge of technology and evolution of society

nothing to see here, folks.

Colonel Sanders needs to be wheeled off into the sunset already

>You open a picture of a pizza and FBI brakes your door even if you didn't save it or anything
FTFY

>brakes
Well, maybe you should tell your door to slow the fuck down then

This doesn't really say anything about technology as much as it is says about Miyazaki's ineptitude in regards to using it.

Literally EVERY other animator on the planet thinks computer animation is laughably easier than hand-drawn animation, not to mention cheaper.

It's like an old man trying to figure out how iPhones work.

Pixiv is just japanese deviantart you stupid pleb

>animators who weren't that good to start get lousier and lousier in drawing
He's right yeah

If he keeps smoking he'll eventually get the super lung cancer that killed Dezaki too.

Overrated hack with shitty boring movies. Go hug a tree.

you're retarded

>All those people he knows dying suddenly in their 70s
What the fuck? I thought the Japs were supposed to be long lived.

>Dezaki

He's a good director but seriously, which of his works actually compare to what old man Miyazaki has pulled off?

Haven't seen the whole thing, but I agree with that at least. Wish more people would do it, but I think that's an unrealistic request.

Did he even do any good shows/movies recently?
Why can't he just retire for real?

You're a lunatic

We can only hope

Why so edgy?

moefags are underage crossboarders.

I don't get where this "Miyazaki hates moe" thing came from. Heck, I don't get where any of the things people say about Miyazaki come from. Can't possibly be that fake "anime was a mistake" quote.

moefags hate anything that isn't mass produced crap that panders their pedophillic and achieveless lifes.

He's a fucking arrogan attention whore who lives for and knows that if he ever stops working he'll sink into irrelevance

Careful there, m8 any more buzzwords and you might break something

Don't know, user, cute girls are pretty good to look at.

I think his career's at the point where he's a permanently relevant figure, like any great director.

A single frame of one of his movies is better than 10 of your seasonal crap, moefag.

But Sup Forums likes manime.

Nice bait my friend, but you can upvote here, i recommend you stay on reddit.

A computer is just a tool, same as any other instrument you might use to create a drawing, painting, sculpture, etc. The only difference is that computers are capable of generating things, and some people abuse that in place of using actual skill. A computer can be just as basic and primitive as drawing with a pencil or paintbrush if you avoid automated tasks. Making the use of one at all a metric for artistic skill is as arbitrary as saying something like "I don't believe it's art if you have to use a paintbrush instead of implying colors through careful shading with a pencil," etc.

>uses the terms "moefag" unironically
>tells others to go back to Sup Forums
Come on man, at least try to be subtle

it that butthurt about kemono firiends?

Pretty much this. A computer is a tool, that's all it is. Not knowing how to use one and saying it sucks because you don't know how to use it is idiotic.

I know he has the work to back it up, but man Miyazaki uses every bit of the reputation he has earned to trash other peoples' work and glorify his own. If anyone else talked like he does, they'd be seen as incredibly conceited. I get that he has earned it, but there's something a little disgraceful about how he uses that reputation of his to shit all over how everyone else does things.

it's not helping the blind you leftist fuck it's just a retard marketing scam ''Dude we americans AI made in California xD
Blind people don't even buy these gadgets

kemono is not moefaggotry, it is deep, trash like oreimo and keion are killing anime

>new caterpillar movie of his
?

Was he actually good, or was he just the only one to own a studio so he kept getting shit made?
I believe the second.

He is/was working on a short film about a caterpillar that involved CGI is some form

>fight scenes

fuck off shounenfaggot

>I authentically enjoy non-comedic slice of life
This sorta trash ought to also be right up your alley, fanfiction.net

You have to go back

But I'm a 7th generation germanic... I don't want to go back to the hellhole my ancestors left.

He was saying that doesn't matter, you retard.

He want to die during his working

wHE NTHAT FUCKER SAYS THSINS GS LIKE THAT IT MKES ME WANNA BOMB JAPAN

>Look at the ways people are able to increase the fps of anime through frame interpolation and shit,

It looks fucking terrible 9 times out of 10.

Watched this yesterday on tv. Kinda felt sorry for those animators and cg staff who must've had such big expectations for working with the man but end up realizing he's just a senile grumpy old man who is passed his prime.

No he isn't. Most japanese animators still work on paper, computers are usually used only in the last stages (ink&paint and coloring) wich have nothing to do with the quality of the animation itself.
And while his critic about the computer tool does have some merits (it's true that the computer methodology can have some harmful effects on how one works), good animators have no problems with it because they are aware of it.

There's been a job offer for gaijin assistant-animators for his "last" movie going around. So he's doing more work.

Yeah, some who work on computer for too long do miss paper eventually. But overall everyone agrees that working on computer, even if the animation is still hand-drawn (like on paper), is infinitely faster and more comfortable.
The only "good" thing about paper, is that you can't go back as easily and thus have to put more effort into planning things ahead, wich is a great exercice, but it's the only thing paper has on computer.

Good lord moefags are pure cancer

>people actually listen to colonel sanders

Didn't this retard say that he didn't like CGI animation because his friend was a retarded cripple or something?

>I watch mature anime for mature people like myself.
Lel

>colonel sanders
holy fuck i totally see it

Nah, some people where trying to use AI for animation by trying to teach it to walk and giving it a 3D model. Of course the process wasn't done yet so the result was just a 3D model crawling in a gross and creepy way. When they presented their idea to Miyazaki, they said that at this stage they could sell it to horror game devs and shit like that, and that latter on they wanter to use it for animation.

Then Colonel Sanders went on about "muh cripple friend" "I strongly feel this is an insult to humanity itself" "muh people don't have faith in them anymore". It was fucking pathetic.

>I watch unrealistic situations where unrealistic women can fill my loneliness and nule sex life.
lel

>i post on Sup Forums

You've lost already. What are you even arguing about?

>he still thinks that shounen are real
Under age Sup Forumstard, i...
>implying i care about sexual inter course with ladies.
You are new or something.

Why can't people do what the Community GI Joe parody did and add grain to everything?

That's a myth created by how Japan counts people as dead. You have to have a doctor come and declare you dead for it to be logged in the governmental records. As such, many people have relatives die at old ages and try to scam the government for their equivalent of social security.
Old loners with no family also don't get pronounced dead until someone notices. There have been horror stories from landlords walking into rented properties when auto-withdrawal fails, only to find that the tenant has been dead for months.

He is old and irrelevant.
Nihon Animator Mihonichi, this is what future looks like.

>caring about your passion is for faggots
We've reached peak Sup Forums.

The man isn't wrong about most things

Even though I'm sure he'd hate me, the man's views on the world are pretty close to my own. So no matter how much he chews out the industry I can't be mad at him, because he's mostly right

Reactionaries will never stop the march of Progress.

...please don't tell me that's from Berserk.

Stop resisting and accept the future.