Gakusen Toshi Asterisk

What did Sup Forums think of Asterisk War?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sE4053M485k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Meh.

I thought it was pretty cool when he walked in on her changing.

Mediocre. Not the worst battle harem, but also didn't do anything new or memorable. It won't ever get another season.

It seemed like it wanted to be an ecchi series but then decided focusing on the actual plot was a better idea. There's maybe 5 ecchi scenes in the whole thing.

I liked some of the girls, but the show itself was insufferable even for a stupid magical high school harem. The best parts where when the MC wasn't around and the side characters were just hanging out.

The pastel hair constantly reminded me of Sabagebu, even more with blue hair being so similar to the Sabagebu blue hair

Fuck I'm never gonna not be able to see that now

Rakudai was better.

The only good thing about it was Rasmus Faber.

>whip out their laser sword things
>slightly adjusted lightsaber sounds

STOP

Anti-magic Academy was better than either.

Cool OST

The only good part of that was the uniforms

It came out the same season as 2 other academy shows (Rakudai AntiMagic) and 2 other 'harem'(ShinMaou and Lances) the second season came during Diamond is Unbreakable and Re Zero which kicked it to the curb. You could genderbend the entire thing and we would have another set of 24 episodes airing in contest with Fate Extra and a 24/7 general for the Light Novels

13 years old

I'm about to start watching this shit now. Expecting absolute garbage.

>The best parts where when the MC wasn't around and the side characters were just hanging out

This is true for 90% of harems.

This is also why we have the entire trend of harem spin-offs about the girls.

Your expectations will be met in the first 5 minutes of episode one.

Best girl. Even the animators agreed.

Male MCs were a mistake.

Is this forced animation?

youtube.com/watch?v=sE4053M485k
pretty much

At episode 7 so far. It is pretty generic, but ok. I like the first OP. Purple hair, Claudia, and two computer girls are top tier.

Whole show has good production values. It's like they were expecting this to be a big hit or something.

The team really enjoyed animating her so they took every chance to do so. It's not like anyone was "forcing" them to do it though.

>oppai loli
Into the trash she goes.

Just another generic school battle harem to add to the folder.

>Game
>2 Cour
>foreign people doing the music
>minimal QUALITY
>1st Cour does about as good as Rakudai in terms of streaming
>2nd Cour crashed and burned with no survivors
What went wrong?

I have a feeling after S1 people saw the tournament didn't finish and realized this was gonna be another READ THE MANGA series. S2 would have either been drawn out final matches, or half the season goes to the final matches, then the other half introduces the next major plot point then just ends. We got the latter.

Which is a shame, had the second season not been such a bomb it probably would have got an S3 at some point.

Fucking this. Wasn't fooling anyone

Worst Battle Harem anime from its season.

>Asterisk get a daily shitpost thread

What do we get from this?

Fun entertainment.

Liked it
Another season would have been nice

Chivalry is literally the same show but better in every way.

We know Digibro, you made 13 part video essay about this. Stop shilling

I can't believe people still watch his shit after he made a 2 hours video complaining about a show aimed at teenagers

I bet he shills in his own anime reviews

>a 2 hours video complaining about a show aimed at teenagers
Asterisk War? Most people doing anime reviews on YouTube don't know they're an adaptation of a light novel. Is it really 2 hours?

I can't believe people still watch his shit after he spent an hour "analysing" the "themes" in K-On.

Does RM-C have a fuck function?

Closer to 4, it's 15-20 minutes a vid for 13 vids the final one being 30. Pretty sure Reddit kept track of it being about 4 hours and some minutes, being like 2 minutes shorter than AW C1 discounting OP/ED

Okay, first episode was pretty fucking stupid. But production values are great.

The generic ecchi moments end after the first episode. There are a couple haha boobs moments scattered around but that's it.

It had better girls than Rakudai.

God I hope so. Why is science taking so long to develop robot waifus? All this time and money wasted on cancer and shit has to be part of the issue

>implying

True.

Ikki >>> Ichika 2.0
Stella >>> Pink Houki
Shizuku >>> Saya
Shark teeth >>> any lame villain in Asterisk

>Stellashitte is here
And we so fine until now.

Is Saya /fa/?

>Stellafag has arrived

Well, if we are gonna be serious then Julis is pretty much a better character than any girl from that show.

>dem hats and casual outdoor wear
I'd say so.

To be fair he does more in it that complain about AW, it's more a critique on the high school battle harem light novel bullshit in general with AW being the focus to explain why he hates it

I actually like the setting and girls so far. But holy shit MC is trash. It would be 10 times better without him.

bait

MC is average, but he's inoffensive and at least isn't wimpy and weak-willed. I've seen worse, to say the least.

Nah. It's a sincere opinion.

I remember hearing the game was supposed to get an English release. Did that happen?

This. He's literally worse than Ichiika.

>preferring Pink Houki instead

I remember really liking Saya's voice. I don't remember much of anything else.

>autistic Stellafag's retarded and nonsensical IS memes
Kill yourself.

Only the asia version I think

Not an argument.

>butthurt Asterisktard

It might actually be the only anime I've seen that's completely devoid of any original thought in writing or art direction.

Cute girls though

Actually:
Ikki >= Ayato
Julis > Stella
Shizuku > Saya
Tohka > Claudia
Kirin > Ayase

Yo like when the war start?

>Kirin > Ayase
You done fucked up.

Are headpats as desireable as this series made them out to be?

I give lots of headpats.

>give headpat to some girl
>she has greasy hair

I don't know why I thought anything 3D would be enjoyable. At least it taught me to stop hanging around unwashed degenerates

Stellashitter = THK, fyi.

>muh boogeyman

Yes.

>how to trigger THK
Utaha a shit. Worse than Stella.

He's offensive because of his retarded Gary Stu powers.

Utaha is worst girl, but her design is at least better than Stella. Twintails on a busty and big tits body is simply terrible.

couldn't get past the 10 minutes mark

Why the fuck does this shit look so good? Why are they wasting this budget on something so horrible? This is fucking Guilty Crown all over again.

Yeah it seemed to me like they were expecting this series to be another SAO hit with all the merchandise it had.

Overall this series was meh. Dull as hell MC. Plot was pretty straightforward, it did have an interesting world-building. Julius had some nice development, the others not so much. Good production values. Lastly not enough of best girl.

Beginning of first episode is ridiculously bad. Like the worst even among shitty harems levels of bad.

>Lastly not enough of best girl.
Pick unrelated.

>eriritard

It honestly has a good setting. They could make something like Academy City out of it. Weapons were also interesting.

What absolutely ruins it is the shit plot and main guy. This would be many times better with a girl MC. When main fag is not on screen it's usually okay.

>butthurt THKtard

the moment he jumped up to the window and saw the gril naked I just closed the player and deleted the files

>waifu wars

Just stop holy shit.

Claudia is best girl.

>eriritard

>it seemed to me like they were expecting this series to be another SAO hit with all the merchandise it had

Stupidity of old farts in charge of anime studios is really amusing sometimes.

Sucked a lot. Barely any redeeming qualities. Fuck this show.

Fuck off, Eritard.

>THK samefagging
Embarrassing.

>old hag
>best girl

>butthurt eriritard

>thk boogeyman bullshit
This is so retarded. I refuse to believe it's more than one guy just shitposting for fun

>muh boogeyman