End of Evangelion is the Greatest anime movie of all time...

End of Evangelion is the Greatest anime movie of all time. Very few anime/movies/ books stick with you days months or years after you experience it. Anno is a fucking mad genius!

TV ending was better

aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Question
Did the whole earth's population get tangified, or was it limited to japan?

in anime Japan is the whole world. so yes.

people still think that the eva movie is the best anime movie.
in order to be the best it would have to stand on its own feet, not have 22 episodes to watch behind it, its not a real movie.

Obviously. Anyone who contests this is merely a brainlet.

I agree OP

They're the exact same ending

Everyone.

EVERYOOOONEEEEEE

also bg

for some reason I think of LetterKenny

serious question:what is this anime??
i thought it was mecha.i watched tv series and there was mecha,sol,romance,comedy,ecchi,etc
i'm confused

The rebuilds are superior even with 3.0 and no end in sight.

And a mystery. Evangelion is especially nuts but similar mixes have been common to mecha since the 70s.

The same "events" transpired but the message they get across is different. TV ending has a more upbeat "You can do it!" message while EoE has a more "Everything you are doing is wrong" kind of message, in my opinion.

Gee, a tripfag with shit taste. Who would have thought?
Into the bin you go.

Hey Sup Forums my friend says Rebuilds are better than the anime, he doesnt undestand the anime tv even when the EoE everyone tun to orange juice the music explain everything

Kill him and hide the corpse.

yeah maybe.

if you forget about ghost in the shell

GiTS is an overrated action film with cardboard characters and a predictable plot.

Animation and OST are the only outstanding things about it.

>having friends

Fairly weak bait at this point

>Not Perfect Blue

I know someone who's going to watch Rebuild first since a friend told him they remade the show and made it better.

A few years ago, before the BD release of Eva was announced (and before 3.0 came out, I think), I was talking to some guy who claimed to be a huge Eva fan. I remember saying that I really hope they release it on BD some day, and that I would most likely buy it (which I did). And then he was like, "but it's already out on BD".
After some back and forth of "no it's not" and "yes it is", I finally realized that he was talking about the Rebuilds. So I asked him if he realized that the Rebuilds are a remake and not just a remaster of the original, and are in fact very different, especially by the end of 2.0. He shrugged it off and said he didn't notice any difference from the original.

Point of the story is, people are fucking retarded.

GITS movie is good but its basically a super abridged version of the manga with a charmless Major and no virtual lesbian sex scenes

>Talking about chinese cartoons with other people.
You had it comming

This is why I stay inside

What's even the point of watching anime once you have already finished Evangelion? nothing will ever come close to it.

So how much of a dumbass am I for needing to read a wiki to understand half the ending?

Like everything about Gendo's hand or how his motivations were different from Seele's.

This is overrated nonsensical bullshit. It's just a circlejerk to like Evangelion.

I mean you just have to pay attention user but if you greatly spaced out your viewing it's fine

>if you greatly spaced out your viewing
Nah, I just remember thinking that some things didn't have an in-show explanation.

I actually just finished this today and I got to say it was a wild ride

Did you watch the directors cuts of episodes 20-24?

Kaji's first appearance shows the Adam fetus

I don't recall that I'm afraid. It was quite a while back when I first watched it.

There is a lot of things that arent shown. You arent supposed to be an all knowing audience, you are grounded in mostly what shinji knows.
Otherwise, we are presented minimal information. Gendo has adam embryo. He put into his hand. Merging it with lilith is dangerous. Thats it.

Pretty much yeah. Both endings gave me goosebumps but for completely different reasons.

EoE had the "everything you do is wrong" untill the tangification. Which is when the tv ending begin. Both the tv ending and the last 20 mins of the movie have the same upbeat message, which anno wanted to show the viewer no matter what.

On the other hand, while the message is the same, i actually think both endings are, in fact, different.

what about movies that are sequels to other movies? or does only the first count?

Trusting a wiki makes you a dumbass, they all have some naked head-canons in articles about anything that was the least ambiguous.

If the movie is entirely self contained, i guess they count. EoE is certainly not self contained.

Paradoxically enough, Anno himself fell into a depression some years ago, so it seems he hasn't learnt anything from the end of EoE at all.

That proves how humankind will repeat the same mistakes until the very end.

Did he? I know he used to be depressed BEFORE eva, but since them money, wife and praise made him better.
But i wouldn't doubt he fell back into depression given how his "dont waste your life" masterpiece resulted in thousand going full hiki

Yes, after releasing 3.0. I would have too if I released that piece of shit.

He internalized it fine, no version of Eva ended on getting over depression once and for all and swearing it was defeated forever.

Yeah, even EoE having a upbeat resolution from shinji, there is no guarantees that he will actually be happy, just that he is willing to take the first step now.

And although it is extremely common in real life to fall back into depression, eva being a tv show with a strong emphasis on the "you can improve yourself" ending, i fully believe that shinji did kick off his depression, so did asuka, the world was fixed, etc...

But im just a silly optimistic user.

Was shinji so starved of love he turned gay for Koworu? Also I don't understand why he tried to kill Asuka twice, during the flashback which I assumed left her in the hospital at the start of the movie and again at the end

Shinji tries to kill Asuka for the same reason Asuka doesn't resist at all.

>Was shinji so starved of love he turned gay for Koworu?
Pretty much, his character is defined by a desperation for praises, and yet he refuses to make a(real, psychological) effort. Kaworu dont ask anything from him and already is being super lovely. He is everything shinji wanted.

>tried to kill Asuka twice.
The first one is because she outted him. The scene goes along this way:
>Scene starts with him telling asuka that kaji is dead, and she going depressed.
>Shinji had previously realized that misato is a cold depressed soldier with some sex problems, and that rei is a weird clone.
>Instead of trying to help and overcome that, he runs away because, as i said, he refuses to put effort and commitment in his friendships.
>He goes for asuka to try to get someone to be his friend
>Asuka realizes that he is only using her, and will drop the friendship as soon as a problem like the one with misato or rei arises.
>She despises it, call him out on his bullshit, and rejects him.
>He has an autistic breakdown, probably realizes he is just a little manipulative asshole like his father.
>He gets mad and filled of rage, tries to kill her, then snaps back the last moment. She runs away and try to kill herself.

The second time, it isnt very clear, but the most accepted idea is that weeks have passed, he is a little crazy, and doubted it was real, so he tried to see if it was.

Was the first one even real? I was under the perception that it wasn't literal, like a lot of the other stuff happening at that time in the movie.

Makes sense, reminded me alot of when Rei 1 got choked.
It was a flashback, I believe everything actually happened except for when shinji is under going the instrumentality project in 25/26, but it's made clear what is reality or what he is substituting it for. Also my belief is that what is happening when he is inside the eva during the ego break is what is happening during those last two episodes.
this is my first viewing so pls no bully

Some scenes are flashbacks, others arent.
The scene with the 3 girls teasing him in the wagon isnt
The scene with kid shinji alone in the playground is
Given that the fight between shinji and asuka feels much more grounded in reality than the other completely surreal stuff we have in the instrumentality, i believe it was indeed a flashback.

Do you have any proof other than it's just what seems right? To me it's very up to interpretation.

user did you watch the show? Episode 23-24 shows why she's in the hospital. The first time he chocked her was during instrumentality

It is totally up to interpretation. Eva was purposely crafted like that. Go with whatever you believe.

As i said, i BELIEVE it is a flashback because it seens much more grounded than other scenes and gives some insight about how bad things were before, so it "justify" shinji's decision.

OH SHI- yeah, oh i figured time had passed enough for that, didn't know she was still in it because of the angel. Makes sense why she comes out all ANGERY

poor awskuh :(

Guys Shinji choking Asuka wasn't real it was a mental breakdown during instrumentality. She's in the hospital because Unit 02 won't work which means she's useless (not really but she thinks this) which puts her in a suicidal state (you see this after she gets mind fucked by an angel) you see her the hospital before EoE and Shinji had no contact with her during this time because of Kowru. After he kills Kowru he goes to Asuka in the hospital because Rei III is weird, he's scared of Misato and Asuka has at least shown some interest in him. Of course the famous jerk off scene happens and he realizes how fucked up he really is. The choking scene happens in instrumentality when he is faced with the version of Asuka he sees deep within his mind. He cries out for help and snaps.

EoE happens a few hours after he kills Kowru. Asuka was still in a come. He couldn't have choked her out before Instrumentality because she had been missing for a few days

big if true

Refer toPlus the timing matches up. He could have choked her before she ran away to suicide, which only drove her will to die upwards.

It was a week between 24 and End. It was long enough for them to repair both Evas and the bridge staff to complain about still being there.

So Asuka goes into a coma, wakes up, Shinji chokes her and goes back into a coma?

Why would they do a flashback in the middle of Instrumentality?

Shinji was with Kowru when she ran away.

Are you purposely ignoring what i said?

Asuka ran away shortly after shinji told her about kaji death one week before kaworu stuff.

The choking scene could have happened between telling her that and she actually running away, only increasing her despair further. It wasnt the choking that put her on a coma.

>Why would they do a flashback in the middle of Instrumentality?
Because it is their last (concious) moments together and something that certainly haunts shinji, as he almost killed a friend, not because he was being forced (koji) or because it was necessary (kaworu), but because he was enraged.

That sounds really deep but I'm not entirely sure it means anything

Nope, Asuka had already been found and taken to medical after she'd been missing for 7 days before it's mentioned he's arriving.

It still makes no sense from a story telling stand point to suddenly jump back to in time to show something that wasn't in the show. The Asuka choking scene is the Asuka in his mind basically stating truth to him and him snapping and rejecting it. It uses a safe place in his mind (Misato's apartment) to throw the audience off. It's up for debate if it's the real Asuka or not but it is most certainly a not a flashback. It's all just Instrumentality fucking with Shinji

Please stop with your fanfiction

>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.

What happened?

If Shinji did indeed choke out Asuka in the past (the show makes no reference to it meaning it's not a flashback in EoE) then we would have seen it in Death & Rebirth

>image.jpg
Sasuga phoneposter

Could be something anno retroactively added as a flashback so there would be a parallel with the choking at the end once instrumentality had ended
It prefer to think of it as before instrumentality because it shows what shinji is running away from and gives a good reason why he might accept it

>babys first philosofical anime

How about you watch real art masterpiece like pic related

>TV ending was better
agreed, it evoked me. EOE is still great just to say.

>philosofical
philosophical, so your saying that's it has less merit because of it?

shieet i saw a still image of this and was interested, is it just another 2deep4u type of movie, not really interested if it is

Makes as much sense as showing kid shinji being lonely.
>Spoiling things up
Should Death and Rebirth showed us that Yui wanted to be inside the Eva, instead of implying it was an accident?

Truth is, you have as much hard evidence to say it happened during the instrumentality as i have to say it happened before: None. Because thats how the series was made.
I at least i am not claiming mine is the absolute truth, i already said previously it is up to interpretation, plus every time i talked about it, i said "could / would". You are the ones forcing your view into others.

it's got nice visuals, the 2deep4u is more of a backdrop and isn't shoved into your face like eva

Eva isnt philosophical, its psychological.
Angel's egg is just plain surreal.

No dialogue, no named characters, it's defended as "animated art instead of a story", and the writer/director answers all questions with "what meaning?" It's really good at being that.

>How about you watch real art masterpiece like pic related
see
>Angel's egg is just plain surreal.
that.

>GAINAX was the second impact all along.

Also why is most things in Nerv either english or german, not moonrunes?

Gendo's hand straight isn't talked about in the series, I believe it's in the manga first.

Seriously, between the PS2(?) game, the manga, the anime, EoE, and the rebuilds, there's so much shit you have to go through.

so the Japs don't know what's written.

Eva has a shit ton of that

They sneak in alot of things that way

i paused and read this and was wondering wtf is going on, those first 20 minutes of the movie are so bad tbqh

I came here to post this

you had to have watched the show user. it is the END of eva any-who.

Not being used to the english version of the christian gospel, i took a while to realize the computer was named after the "3 magi of the east"

I did

>3 magi of the east
srs? its called the Magi supercomputer.

>shinji definitely choke asuka!
>it's actually up to interpretation I've decided now that I've been cold out

How can you be this retarded? Asuka is in a coma because she slits her wrists in a bathtub, stop insisting it's because Shinji choked her.

>hose first 20 minutes of the movie are so bad tbqh
how so then?

They arent called "magi" in my language, and it is a rather specific term you dont usually learn.

Did Shinji try to choke Asuka at the end of EoE to check if they had really escaped instrumentality?

>They arent called "magi" in my language,
Well they are in the show. soo your point?

> it is a rather specific term you dont usually learn.
soo your point?

The scene was done so in order to highlight Shinji's reaction to Asuka gentle touch. highlighting how he changes as a person.

Just rewatched it for the first time after years. I still rather the TV ending but I agree with OP.
I agree with you, in fact I still believe that the movie is not that hard to get, although it's mostly interpretation from each one's own crop, I can't see it being instrumentality fucking with him, in fact it's the total opposite from what instrumentality would make Shinji feel.
>he almost killed a friend, not because he was being forced (koji) or because it was necessary (kaworu), but because he was enraged.
That's a really good observation, I'll point it out to my friends.