Special Powers Tier List:

Special Powers Tier List:

>God tier:
Large scale creation. Shape-shifting. Dimensional travel.
>High tier:
Psychic powers, Item creation. Space magic.
>Mid tier:
Elemental magic or anything based on the elements, Necromancy, invisibility,
>Low tier:
Darkness, Soul eating, Blood manipulation.
>Shit tier:
Clothing destruction, Swords.
>Keikaku tier:
Mind control.
>Explosion tier:
Explosion.
>Rape tier:
Stopping time.
>Suffering tier:
Time travel, Clairvoyance, Immortality.

i used to be GOD.......................................................
God says...
think_you_could_do_better relax vermin arent_you_clever I'll_be_back far_out_man et_tu programming impossible do_you_know_what_time_it_is epic_fail nevada bad_ol_puddytat tiffanies atheist when_hell_freezes_over smart What_I_want LoLo ahh_thats_much_better spunky what_part_of_God_do_you_not_understand super_computer Hasta I_was_sleeping you_never_know you_see_the_light I'll_get_right_on_it gosh woot humility I'm_bored

Immortality is great if you're not a whiny faggot.

>Keikaku-tier
>no Death Note
Nice MOAB though.

>space magic

>Immortality is great if you're not a whiny faggot

All tension would go out the window, and everything would become boring pretty quickly.

Just give yourself a goal user.

Bump.

There's still the problems of being physically strong enough to get or do something, and protecting things that aren't immortal. You just don't die when they do.

Terry Davis, you're drunk. Go home.

Says you. Living isn't all about dying. An immortal just has a longer journey.

This is one of the best special powers I've ever seen, most vary from bland clique to retarded.

Eh, I feel I'd just adopt an elf mentality. I'd have fun with mortal friends but remain kind of detached because in the blink of an eye they're gone.

It's not like I'm doing anything with my life. an eternity of shitposting on Sup Forums seems like a good enough use of a superpower.

>protecting things that aren't immortal

You can just create them again.

>give yourself a goal

And when there's literally nothing to stop you from achieving that goal?

Dying is what gives life context user, and saves you from an eternity of yourself.

Attain all knowledge one could possible know. That might last you a few thousand years.

>You can just create them again.
Not if you don't have any powers. Immortality just means you yourself have an undying existence. No more, no less. And that shit about dying giving life context is just a delusion created by mortals to convince themselves death doesn't suck.

>a few thousand years
>in an eternity

This isn't even a piss in the ocean.

>Not if you don't have any powers

Your power is that you are eternal. There's nothing you can't make or fashion for yourself, and eventually even humans will seem like mere cells in the larger organism that is you.

immortality on its own is pretty shit I agree, if you have some other power to go with it though it can be pretty bitchin

>And that shit about dying giving life context is just a delusion created by mortals to convince themselves death doesn't suck.

Go play videogames on God Mode and see how the fun lasts.

I always play videogames on God Mode.

>no physique enhancement

Bunch of nerds

>people find out you're immortal
>stuck in a lab and can't get out because you have no other powers besides being immortal

wouldn't nabeshin outrank god-tier because he can write a god-tier character into a doorknob?

>they eventually die
>still have an eternity to find things to do
Worth it.

What if they tied your leg in a concrete block and pushed you down the bottom of the ocean?

>immortality

Can experience everything.

Except for life threatening situations.

>they stuff you in a barrel, filled with concrete, and bury you underground in whofucknoknowswhere when they're done with you

Lucid dream until someone found me or the earth got swallowed by the sun. Then keep lucid dreaming until the sun spits me out and I drift in space until I land on another planet where I begin making giant rock structures. But seriously, I'd never let anyone find out that I was immortal if I didn't want them to, and if they did and they had bad intentions I'd kill them immediately.

wait for erosion to take care of it then start walking bro

Just dig your way out. Even water erodes cliffs.

Bunch of pussy faggots can't handle a little pain for eternal life. What nonsense.

If you don't decay and don't die then eventually you will be able to break free from the block

What if the ocean floor cracks beneath you and you start falling to the center of the Earth?

Dimensional travel is worthless trash though.

Elemental magic is god-tier as long as it is the subatomic particle type of element.

start digging bro, come on now

There's an SCP just like that. Every moment is pain for the guy.

The funny thing about "true" immortality is that everything and everyone dies eventually, expect you.

So even if they manage to bind you and throw you at the bottom of the earth, the sun will
expand and eventually explode. Destroying everything expect you.

The bad news is that now you are going to float and freeze for a loooooooong time.

Maybe you will find Kars out there eventually.

No matter what somebody else does to you, you'll always have the advantage of time over them. Time is the great destroyer which everything must submit to, and yet you are immune to the passage of time. No matter how hard they try, no matter how much they do to fuck you up, they will die, and you will remain. Even if they themselves can live thousands or even millions of years, you will always be the victor. It is impossible for them to enslave you forever, and all the time that you have outside of that small window in which they bother you will be infinite. You'll forget about the pain they caused in what will feel like moments to you. Time destroys everything else, but for you, time becomes your weapon. As long as it is not also immortal, it will someday submit and you will be free. Humanity, earth, entire galaxies, they will be unable to control you. The universe itself will yield where you will not. Now, that sounds like a lot of power fantasy, but my point is, worrying about a few years of pain caused by some mortals isn't worth the headache to an immortal.

Time is the gayest weapon user.

>somebody wrongs you
>IMA get my revenge by waiting until they live a full life and outliving them

Lame

>Become immortal
>Use your infinite free time to learn enough science to figure out how you became immortal
>unlock the power for all humanity
>???
>profit.

You know I wonder where the energy for immortality would come from. A truly immortal being is in its own way infinite energy if it doesn't need to consume light, food, or water to survive. Do you pull it from the Anisotropic? Can you throw enough immortal humans together that they compact themselves into a star? what happens then?

fuck I need sleep.

or you can just fuck every generation of their kids for all eternity or something, that can be a sort of revenge

The best way is that you make time-space see you as an anomaly and the universe itself recognizes you as a permanent existence. If singularities can happen, so can that, probably.

Wasn't that an episode of Dr. Who? There's an alien or something that "kills" people by shooting them so far back in time they're "dead" in the present, but otherwise got to live fulfilling lives.

>unlock the power for all humanity

Are you sure you want to do this? Are you really sure about it?

Weeping angels. Fuck, I wanted to sleep tonight, don't remind me.

So a time singularity? would you cease to exist in 4 dimensions, or would you transcend that entirely?

>where the energy for immortality would come from

Nowhere, because it doesn't exist.

Maybe just for your friends then. If immortality is lonely, just have a second immortal.

I mean, if you want to go eugenics about it just bring people you deem worthy, but the more people you bring aboard the more likely one of them will discover the secret for themselves and start dragging their friends along.

and then we end up with huge immortal wars where we start chucking people into black holes because that's about the only way to "kill" an immortal.

Immortality is not fun user unless you have a immortal buddy too.

Why can't everybody just take it easy? We're all immortal now so there's no reason or purpose to fighting.

Fuck you, yes it is fun. I'm not telling you to become immortal, but stop trying to convince everybody else not to. Hell, if I had a chance to become immortal I'd probably do it just for the novelty if nothing else.

>Fuck you, yes it is fun

Says the mortal.

Because people are stupid. We have infinite people, but a finite number of comfortable planets. Then we build space colonies but then you're stuck with people on earth believing they're the pure and correct humans and it's all one big mess.

Except there's more to life than merely not dying user.

You don't know that.

Wont you end up hating your buddy eventually?

When that happens you just hatefuck until you get over it, or play 4D chess with mortals at each other.

Always with the 4D chess and mortals, I swear.

Still waiting for that "upload your consciousness to the cloud" technology.

Not true immortality, but close enough. and hopefully with a "delete self" option once you get tired of it.

>Elder God tier:
Luck manipulation. Pure luck

>>give yourself a goal
>And when there's literally nothing to stop you from achieving that goal?
Being immortal doesn't mean there's nothing to stop you from achieving your goal.
Example: your true love doesn't love you back and you are going to suffer for eternity lmao at least i can kill myself if my oneitis doesnt love me, which i probably will very soon because she hasnt loved me in 7 years and i'm still not over her so i might as well just end it at this point

Inmortality is fucking shit because we know for a fact the universe is going to fucking die and the possibility of something like it existing again is very small.
You're very likely to spend eternity in infinite empty space.

I think that is how the Eldar birthed a chaos god

>Being immortal doesn't mean there's nothing to stop you from achieving your goal.

Wrong. Just make a new waifu.

Fuck off lambda.

I'm sorry, but how does being immortal make you omnipotent again?

>Use your immortality to discover a means of of free energy, or reverse entropy, or hightail it to a new universe, or create a new one.

you're not even trying user.

>experiencing the eventual heat death of the universe forever
>can't kill yourself even in situations where you would want to
>can be captured and tortured for as long as other living beings exist or until torture device degrades enough for you to escape
>limited memory means you won't be able to remember your experiences past a certain point in time, you won't have unlimited knowledge, just unlimited time to forget everything you thought you held dear
Only dumbass faggots think immortality is cool. If you think it through at all you realize it is garbage.

Yeah, I could torture you for my entire life and you'd never die! Just wait it out, no sweat.

The worst part is that you will get used to it.
Perhaps you cant really die, but no one said anything about being dead inside.

you would undoubtedly be insane before too long.

What if you're not really immortal, but just have a super long life expectenacy?
Let's say 2000 years or something.
How ""cool"" would that be?

God mode isn't omnipotence user.

I want to kill myself before I can become a wizard so no that'd suck.

What about age manipulation?

>limited memory
You vastly underestimate how incredibly oversized the human brain is.

The human brain can store roughly 2.5 petabytes (if you count each neural pair as a bit).
This is enough to hold over 300 years of HD video.

The ting is, the human brain IS NOT digital, it is analog, so every neural pair has about 4000 different states of storage based upon bother frequency of energy pulses, and the type of energy pulses between them AND their neighbors.

It is, more likely, that we have sufficient storage in our brain to store multiple thousands of years of memories (especially knowing that your brain "compresses" long term memory for archival).

Which is less than eternity.
Also, your brain isn't meant to handle that duration, memories would get jumbled, mixed up and foggy, particularly when your brain stops seeing anything as revant info instead of the background noise the universe would become to you.

No, immortality is pretty much like playing any video game with multiple lives. Because that's exactly what it is. You won't die permanently, but you'll have to try your goddamn hardest to finish your goal.

Oh for fuck's sake I'm ending this discussion with a simple observation.

Immortality is not omnipotence. Sure you could devise that in the infinite stretches of time you might eventually reach the point in which things that are currently difficult are trivial that doesn't matter because in the infinite stretches of reality there exist infinitely more difficult goals that you can strive for.

Immortality is not a curse, it is the single greatest blessing anyone could ever hope for and anyone who disagrees is either being an edgy faggot who's afraid of eternity or is trying to seem smart by being controversial.

>Because that's exactly what it is

You don't go back in time with immortality user.

>there exist infinitely more difficult goals that you can strive for.

Which would also become trivial. The point user, is that there wouldn't be any tension, because if you are immortal, you cannot lose. Period.

>not lucid dreaming forever after the universe is gone
Fucking faggot, with an imagination that shitty you'd never put any ability to good use.

Stop wasting your words, people have had the whole "immortality actually sucks" mantra hammered into them for years at this point. True immortality means that there will definitely be a brighter day, unlike mortal life where the days just might keep getting shittier and then you die.

Immortal being plays a game of basketball against a professional NBA team.
Immortal being loses because they're not fucking omnipotent and can't do everything.

Not at first, no.

PROS: Get to live forever
CONS: Have to live forever

>True immortality means that there will definitely be a brighter day

You will never feel the supreme bliss of sacrificing your life for your own ambitions.

You know, if you have true immortality and not imperfect immortality, you can just get on a bike powering a generator and keep the universe nice and warm forever. And it's not like you'd have to bike forever, just enough so that you could keep the energy state at a nice comfy level. Like, winding up a clock every time it starts running down.

>You will never feel the supreme bliss of sacrificing your life for your own ambitions.
>this is what mortals actually believe

>you can just get on a bike powering a generator and keep the universe nice and warm forever
That's assuming the ultimate fate of the universe is heat death. The immortal could be facing a Big Crunch or a Big Bounce, which would probably be the ideal situation since who knows what happens after everything collides into each other (the immortal included). Worst case scenario is heat death or a Big Rip.

It's still gotta be really fucking awful having the entirety of the universe collapse into you though (you collapsing into the entirety of the universe?).

It would probably feel like getting fucked in the ass by an infinitely long dick.

Counterpoint. If you're immortal then everything you could possibly imagine feeling right now is something you will eventually feel throughout the infinite stretches of time.

I'm going to become immortal for the sole purpose of proving a point to death loving retards.

Not really.
you will never be touched by your waifu for the first time ever again.

If your body gets destroyed technically you could. Checkmate mortalists.

If you're immortal then eventually you'll learn how to suspend your own memories so as to allow yourself to do something for the first time multiple times.

If you're immortal you'll probably learn how to stop caring about the stuff mortals think would suck about immortality. Pain? That's nice, don't get to feel that everyday. Being stuck in a cage for 500 years? Might as well take it easy for a little bit. Universe died? Oh well, take a nap and wait for the next one.

Indeed the greatest curse is omniscience since it effectively kills anyone who has it.

The greatest gift is immortality since it allows for an eternal quest for perfection that is ultimately impossible to attain.

Y'all faggots. The best way to enjoy immortality is like these guys. Just do whatever the fuck you want without getting caught. Or at least don't get executed or tortured for the shit you do.