What went wrong?

what went wrong?

He was too good for that abortion of a manga

Now that I think about it. Haki really did kill this series. Back then, The author had to think of a way to defeat Logia users because they're intangible, which made the Enel vs Luffy fight so great because it involved strategy. Now it's just
>lol just use haki
and continue to beat the shit out of Logia users.

Enel having Mantra aka haki was the reason that fight required strategy, otherwise Luffy could have just punched him and instantly won due to being immune to his devil fruit.

At least he accomplished his goal
Wanpiss might as well have ended for all I care after that

This. Entire point of the fight was that Enel had never faced someone who was able to touch him, forcing him to rely on his haki and speed advantage.

Haki didn't even exist back then, mantra could be written off as a special ability.

like cocodile he was put in too early

>rubber is completely immune to eletricity

I think you mean the author had to asspull a way to defeat Logia users

>required strategy
It went down with needing to punch more/faster and harder. Most of that fight Luffy spent reeeing after Enel like when he tried to climb the plant

The fact that Oda gave mantra a different name later on doesn't change what it does or that it was the sole reason that fight wasn't a complete cakewalk for Luffy.

Skypiea is hugely overrated and the when I started to dislike the series, especially after how great all of Alabasta was.

The main point I was making is that the entire fight was about figuring out how to get around his haki so him using it as an example of how fights back then were better cause they didn't have haki in them is retarded as hell.

Those earlobes.

marvelous if i say so myself.

His rap career.

I think they mean armament haki that lets you hit logias is bad/asspull/etc. while mantra/observation haki is good. Both of them being named haki doesn't really matter because they have nothing to do with each other

The thunder devil fruit is fucking OP though

He could literally amplify his senses so that no one can hit him and increase his nervous system to hit them back with haki but HE NEVER FUCKING TRIED. He just shot lightning at people.

Fuck the Wan Piss writer.

No. What we have now is a hell of a lot better than having a bunch of invincible logia users who can't be touched just because they're made out of some element. Of course you need a way to defeat them. What we got was inevitable.

Seastone already existed. I'll take armament being a thing over Zoro getting a seastone sword and one shotting every logia for the rest of One Piece.

It was all downhill after Stan.

>Oda gave the fastest, strongest, most versatile fruit in the entire world to slowest, dumbest, laziest guy

no speedo reader kun
it has already been stated that Kizaru is so slow because hes brain proceses everything in light speed.

>dumbest
>implying
He only gets involved in things if he has to or has some personal stake in it. That doesn't mean he's dumb. Also if you were nigh invulnerable and pretty much invincible by virtue, you'd be pretty fucking nonchalant about things too.