How do you go from this...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_FTya_31JUk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

... to this?

...to THIS?

Well that one is easy.

>Girl gets huge increase in speed and power
The 2nd picture is still a girl, notice the bra?

Technically it when from to , but whatever.

Pretty sure manga Sloth didn't appear yet by the time 2003 Sloth was around.

Shut up nerd.

Brotherhood Sloth looks and acts more like a sloth and the sin he represents, though.

When your manga isn't finished yet and you have to write a crappy anime-only story to substitute it.

He already appeared in the flashback in the chapter Greed got boiled.

But there's literally nothing wrong with the anime-only part of FMA.

>thinking this shit is not wrong

Alright you got me, I forgot Robot Archer was a thing.

But I don't see how that makes the overall story bad.

i had forgotten about this dude

that said i prefer mommy sloth, buffsloth is boring

In retrospect the original FMA anime just had some poorly conceived ideas.
>Dragon Envy
>Pathetic main villain with bland motivation
>Emo shota Wrath
>BIG TWIST: Alchemy's power actually comes from OUR WORLD

This bitch is so hot.
No wonder Hohenheim wanted to stay faithful to that. It's pretty easy to.

Oh for fucks sake

And the anime Hohenheim wasn't much better. Did he even have any motivation?

It's been a while since I saw 2003. Did 03 Soth have any purpose outside of her shock value? Brotherhood Sloth spent the entire time making the country sized transmutation circle.

As a Brotherhood fan, even I have to admit that manga Sloth is lame as shit.

Why did the only female Homunculus get killed at the beginning? reeeee

I hate both of you.

>Dragon Envy
True, that came out of nowhere.

I don't think Dante was a bad villain, she just felt underdeveloped and didn't even die on-screen, which was disappointing.

She wants to keep living forever because she's afraid of death, which is a Disney villain-tier concept, but it's not like Father's motivation is that much better, he just wants to become a god. Father is a better villain mostly because he gets more screen time, there's more than just a little background on him and Ed actually fights and defeats him.

Always thought the homunculi were better antagonists in both series, the main villains were eh.

>Emo shota Wrath
I see people giving Wrath shit because he's whiny, but he has some pretty valid reasons to act that way. Not to mention his arc gave Izumi a lot more development compared to Brotherhood, they actually used her mistake against her in a powerful way.

>BIG TWIST: Alchemy's power actually comes from OUR WORLD
Although I prefer Brotherhood's explanation, the whole "our world" thing was foreshadowed earlier and was better integrated into the plot than people think.

The big tweest, I will admit was dumb as hell, but Wrath wasn't that bad a character, especially if you consider him to be Ed's 'evil twin'.there's a lot of parallels between them that makes for some great moments.

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I seem to recall she was the Fuhrer's secretary and caused the Ishvalan War.

Well that's two things the the 03 anime and Brotherhood have in common

But the anime-only story is better than the manga would ever be.

If my memory doesn't fail me, 2003 Hohenheim hid away because his body was rotting and he didn't want his family to see that. His motivation for coming out is that Dante is threatening his sons.

It's been years since I watched the old FMA, but as I recall:

>had a thing for Dante back in the day
>realized she was crazy after nutting in her
>ran off to get away from the crazy slut
>had a new family
>realized Dante would probably thirst for Ed or Al's cocks when they came of age
>left home to keep his family safe

Father was way more interesting of a character when he was in the flask.

Afterwards, he's just stone-faced and bland for most of the series.

No, user.

>Be named Sloth
>Be the most un-lazy out of all of them.

Envy is so much better in the 2003 anime that it's not funny.

>Father was way more interesting of a character when he was in the flask.
Which is not saying much. Really there's nothing bad about Father he's just incredibly bland which goes for all of the Homunculus really. While I think the 03 anime had a lot more "interesting" ideas to make it seem what you were watching was more than a traditional shounen story Brotherhood works so much better and is a lot more cohesive despite being considerable more simple in terms of story.

Isn't he pretty much the same character in both shows? Sure, 2003 gave him a little background, but it was so underdeveloped that it might as well not be there.

Envy is shit period.
>seeing him get roasted by Mustang
Perfect

2003 Envy didn't get the satisfying punishment he deserved and that still pisses me off.

Yeah, but Broho Envy An Hero'd before anyone got a chance to make him suffer.

>Isn't he pretty much the same character in both shows?
Pretty much. Brotherhood Envy just had a more satisfying conclusion whereas 03 Envy is just "lol we're brothers"

Basically:
03 = Unique ideas executed horribly
BH = Old ideas executed flawlessly

>whereas 03 Envy is just "lol we're brothers"
God that was stupid. There was absolutely no reason for that twist. There was no previous hint or build up to it at all.

The concept of the homonculi, their characters, and how they tied in with the main cast and story was far superior and emotionally fulfilling in 2003 than in Brotherhood.

>2003 Envy didn't get what he deserved
>2003 Kimblee got what he deserved
>Brotherhood Envy got what he deserved
>Brotherhood Kimblee just tipped his fedora and faded away

Seems like you just can't have both asshole characters getting what they deserve in the same show.

SARAH CONNOR

>not elaborating on anything

The character was played with a lot about his "laziness". He didn't want to work but still was the most active of the bunch. And then he also was the "fastest".

Frankly, he was handled fine. I don't think every characters needs to be related to everyone.

Honestly I really enjoyed the 2003 FMA until the M. Night Shamalamalan twist at the end. It retroactively ruined the show for me. Until that point the show was mostly good though.

Given the guy who wrote the 03 anime gave us shit like Angel Cop it shouldn't be all that surprising. I personally hated how fucking useless 03 Alphonse was in comparison to Brotherhood Alphonse though and was surprised by how much more was done with the latter.

He was semi-concious or something but Kimblee still got beat really badly before getting eaten by Pride.

I liked Brotherhood Sloth because he was quite contrary to his name if you thought about it. 03 Sloth was fine but felt kind of tacked on just for the sake of a twist.

Yeah but it didn't make any sense.

>So you're telling me that only 7 individuals in history broke that taboo hence why these homunculi exist ?

>Your clothes, your boots and your motorcylce

What's the ideal transition point between 03 and BH?

There were hints and some build up because ever since the beginning he seemed to actually hate Ed and Al, and he went nuts when he learned Hohenheim was alive. The problem is that they didn't actually give Envy enough background, we have no idea how he was like when he lived with Hohenheim and Dante before dying and getting turned into a Homunculus.

>flawlessly

Lol no. It's as generic as it comes.

Is it really possible for Brotherhood Kimblee to get "what he deserved"? At the end of the day he's still dead. He's just really comfortable spending the rest of his afterlife in a practical Hell.

>But there's literally nothing wrong with the anime-only part of FMA.
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

Agreed, but on the other hand I never liked Brotherhood Ed all that much because of how they made him more like a stock shounen protagonist compared to 2003.

Before Wrath gets introduce

The same people that made

You missed the point. It was more generic than 03 but it's execution is far better.

>it didn't make any sense
It might make sense if you actually watched the show.
>So you're telling me that only 7 individuals in history broke that taboo
Where was this said? Lust was literally called "the new Lust".

I've read the manga and never watched BH. How is it compared to the 03 shit?

>execution is far better.

Sure if you mean by being better is by being boring and forgettable.

>not sending Kimblee to a happy and cute heaven he'll never be able to destroy as a punishment

>How is it compared to the 03 shit?
Much faithful adaptation due the scenes that were adapted in 03 before the split were much better done.

Damn the way Ed turned Sloth into Ether was a pretty emotional scene, especially with Bratia playing in the backround - pretty comfy stuff.
Also that pic related:
This is how you do a fight schene/boss battle.

In the 03 anime its stated that Homucli are created when someone attempts to break the taboo by resurrecting the dead hence why Wrath resembles Izumi's lost child and why Sloth resembles Edward and Al's mother and it further proven by Envy being Homenhiem's first son.

>Lust was literally called "the new Lust".
Lust was originally Scar's brother fiancée

>Am I... going to die? Die...? What does it mean... to die? It's too much of a drag... to think. Even living... is a drag...

The homunculi usually die some time after the human transmutation, the seven ones who are in the show are alive because Dante fed them red stones, which gave them enough energy to take their intended forms.

It's generic as hell shoenen-shit.
>Literally Let's punch god with the power of friendship

2003 Greed is a pretty underrated character desu.

Are 03fags capable of coming up with any real arguments or do you all just spout the same reddit-tier buzzwords endlessly

He had a better motivation to turn against Dante than Brotherhood/Manga Greed had to turn against Father.

in 03 Homonculi were created as a byproduct of human transmutation, which is why it's their mother
so no, she didn't have a purpose, because in the 03 anime basically none of the homonculi have an actual purpose

None of that changes the fact that Homunculi besides those shown in the anime have existed.
>Lust was originally Scar's brother fiancée
So what? There was at least one Homunculi designated as "Lust" before her.

>Takes the occupation of the world's army and most of the cast to bring down Envy
>The only reason why they stood a fighting chance is because Hohenheim spent years walking across the world to make a counter circle against Father
>lol all he did was punch god with

It is wrong, but man is it cool.

>>None of that changes the fact that Homunculi besides those shown in the anime have existed.
What does that have to do with anything? Homunculi don't exist if the taboo isn't broken
>So what? There was at least one Homunculi designated as "Lust" before her.
That Lust was his fiance hence why she had flashbacks of when she was human.

>>Literally Let's punch god with the power of friendship
>takes years of preparation and an entire army to defeat.

>What does that have to do with anything?
You (?) said:
>[It didn't make any sense that] only 7 individuals in history broke that taboo hence why these homunculi exist
The only thing I'm trying to say is that you're wrong about that. Nothing else.

>muh reddit
Well, why don't you prove me wrong.Explain to my feeble pleb mind why Brotherhood a boring and cliched story perforated by auwfull humor that overstays it's welcome with an ending that's a literall aspull.
I'm not defending 2003.I'm just tired of "follows muh mango so it's better" .

>she didn't have a purpose, because in the 03 anime basically none of the homonculi have an actual purpose

What would you classify as an actual purpose?

In Brotherhood most of the homunculi were glorified minibosses, which is the same for 2003 except they have a different background. Sloth from 2003 was a lot more interesting as an antagonist because she served as a reminder of how Ed and Al fucked up and would never actually bring their mom back even if their transmutation succeeded.

Hell, her death scene was a lot more effective and emotional than Brotherhood trying to make me feel sympathy for Envy before he an hero'd.

So Dante just so happen be there to give life to the homunculi right after the taboo was lifted?

>Explain to my feeble pleb mind why Brotherhood a boring and cliched story perforated by auwfull humor that overstays it's welcome with an ending that's a literall aspull.

It's never said she gave live to every homunculi that was created from human transmutations, apparently just the ones she kept an eye on.

The ones she basically orchestrated the creation of or ones that were created by alchemists she was spying on, yeah.

2003 has a much better first half.
Brotherhood has a much better second half.

I think that about sums it up.

>2003 was only good while it was following the manga

Yeah that's pretty much it

Ok not an asspull.But he still punched God with the power of friendship.

The first half in 2003 is like the first 1/9 or 1/7 of Brotherhood, they were rushing hard.

He should've lived Anons :(

Correction: he punched a creature who was about to puke the God and his own guts out.

best homunculus?

best homunculus.

He was able to punch God (not really God because Father had lost his Godhood at that point due to the counter circle) due to Alphonse sacrifice which was just to get his arm back. The final battle was literally just everyone trying to destroy Father's body after Hohenhiem did all hard work even after Ed punched him it was the combine force of the Army shooting him down that did the job. There was no asspulls or power of friendship it was everyone doing their part.

It's not just because it was following the manga, it was actually improving on it for the most part. The Lior and Nina arcs were a lot more developed, Hughes was more fleshed out before he was killed, Mustang's depression regarding the Ishval war was a bigger plot point and the homunculi were a lot more intimidating.

While I don't think the anime-only part of 2003 is bad, it certainly shows that the story is now written entirely by another person.

See, I never understood that part and it's the only thing in Brotherhood that really bothers me. Like, why the fuck did the little kid shoot her knives at Ed's missing arm and why did Alphonse sacrifice himself to get it back when all they had to do was shoot those knives in front of father and blow him up with Alkahestry? Maybe it's explained or something, I don't know, but it seemed like it was just trying to be dramatic for the sake of it.

>Mustang's depression regarding the Ishval war was a bigger plot point
Mustang being a depressed fuck all the time is what I hated about the 2003 anime, yes he had guilt but it was only a part of his characterization and only gave him more motivation to become Furher the 2003 anime just did so much to make him a downer all the time and him being the one to kill Wendy's parents was stupid and didn't amount to anything and don't get me started on what they did with him in the movie.

Those Chinks were really just shitty characters

Still get hard every time.
Sad his English voice actor passed away.
youtube.com/watch?v=_FTya_31JUk

>Sad his English voice actor passed away.

Fuck don't remind me.

More or less, considering he actually knows Winry, I can understand why he still feels bad about it and avoided encountering her. I like the parallel between him losing Hughes due to corruption inside the army and Winry losing her parents for basically the same thing, which made his speech to Winry some episodes later more powerful.

He didn't go mad for revenge like Brotherhood Mustang did, instead he figured Hughes wouldn't want him to do that and focused on becoming a Fuhrer so no one else has to die like that.

I agree they completely fucked him in the movie, though.