Is Gon a sociopath?

Is Gon a sociopath?
>starts fighting and gets a high off of it
>doesn't care about his own well being
>only cares about his "friends" when he can use them as an excuse to fight someone and feel justified
>knew Kite just as long as Killua, only a short while but used him as a reason to fight and kill
>that death stare
>has no value of life
Is this happy little bugger fucked in the head or am I looking into it too much?

Other urls found in this thread:

aminoapps.com/page/anime/9334678/the-6-times-gon-cried-and-the-0-times-he-asked-for-help
youtube.com/watch?v=1XnqUDIxZhw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think he's a character in an anime

You did it, you've dissected all anime characters ever.

He's a kid.

/thread

>Is Gon a sociopath?
No, he an honest and straightforward kid who is able to sympathize with people. Now stop asking this dumb question.

No. He's just as pig headed as his stubborn father.

Pride is the only thing that essentially matters to Gon other than his friends. If he is denied anything he will not accept it.

His father probably has some sort of mental disorder though.
I'd say Ging is either on the spectrum, or schizoid

I don't think so, he's just incredibly shy

>strong enough that he could tear a new asshole to 99.99% of hunters
>incredibly shy
How is this possible

"How can you be strong and still be shy"
By being strong and also being shy

I thought Ging was somewhere around Chrollo's level.

He's a top 5 nen user.

I doubt Chrollo is in the top 5 of nen users worldwide
Shyness comes from a feeling of inadequacy, but when you're one of the strongest people in the world it's hard to ever feel inadequate

Shyness doesn't equate to physical weakness though. Maybe Ging isn't good at talking to people so he doesn't like to. Just because you can fuck someone in the ass doesn't mean you can make conversation with them.

O

Everyone in Hunter x Hunter is a fucking sociopath.
>That part where Killua kills two guys for no reason just because
>That part where Killua lefts the guy who selflessly help him unconscious during the Hunter exam
I feel like the only characters to have done something heroic in the whole manga where the fucking Phantom Troupe when they defended Meteor City. And even then they are still a bunch of thieves who genocided an entire clan.

You'd have to be some level of fucked to abandon your limbs to destruction just because someone doesn't find you as strong as you think you are.

>>That part where Killua lefts the guy who selflessly help him unconscious during the Hunter exam
What? I don't recall this.

Oh, I think you mean the 2nd Hunter Exam.
Nah, that wasn't a huge deal.
The worst thing Killua's done in the series is kill the old man and those two random dudes.

I think Gon did this to that girl in the cave

Yeah, Killua generally doesn't care much for human life other than his friends. And I'm sure Gon feels the same.

When Killua goes to reapply, the guy who helped them get into Greed Island by teaching them how scams work etc was in the application phase.

Killua knocked out EVERYONE at the application phase effortlessly and that guy was just there, applying to be a hunter. Killua shrugged and told him to come back next year like a dick.

It happened as they got hired to be the hunters involved in the game or just AFTER.

If everyone is a sociopath, no one is

Then why did he threaten the life of an innocent girl?

Somethings up with Gon, he had no problem giving up his arm against Genthru. I know he had a card to get it back, but he still unnecessarily gave up his arm instead of initiating the plan.
there is also this

he wasn't in his normal state of mind and had built up rage / guilt plus pitou was deliberately trying to stall him

Gon is no different from any other shonen protagonist. He is very comparable to Goku actually.

Goku is a borderline sociopath that lets his world-busting enemies live so he can fight them again. So are you implying that shonen protagonists are typically sociopaths? because I wouldn't disagree
she was still an innocent. There was also that time Gon was going to actually try to kill Morel.

What bothers me more is how little even the protagonists seem to value human life. Killua would be one thing but even the others.
Lots of people actually died during the hunter exam but that doesn't seem to faze anyone. Hisoka casually murdered away, people jumped to their deaths trying to grab the eggs, bunch of people died during the tower descend...

They only care about people in their circle of friends. Why do you think Gon let the serial killer Genthru go then exploded when Pitou killed Kite? Because Kite was his friend while Genthru killed people he didn't care about.

>she was still an innocent. There was also that time Gon was going to actually try to kill Morel.

that doesn't matter
having a trauma you are currently going through will change your personality. It's part of being human, even if you end up showing a darker side of your personality.

Gon felt extreme guilt for being the reason Kite "died".

Yeah, basically.

MY

CHITLIN

He's a deconstruction of the generic shonen protag.

People in HxH only care about their friends/comrades. Even the hunter association is just a bunch of powerful psychos who pretty much let shit run wild until its too late.
I like HxH but at the same time I'm too much of a moralfaggot to felt comfortable watching it.

I'm still saying that's messed up.
If you were doing military training as a rookie, and you saw other rookies getting killed left and right because they weren't trying hard enough, would you consider that normal? Wouldn't you at least have some fear that the same might happen to you?

I don't think I consider myself a moralfag but at least it's a striking difference compared to modern mangas with whiny MC's, most of which would mindbreak after seeing a dead body.

aminoapps.com/page/anime/9334678/the-6-times-gon-cried-and-the-0-times-he-asked-for-help

Gon is a fucking hypocrite because he had the eyes of a killer when Nobunaga was crying like a bitch over his boyfriend's death but he killed innocents without any restraint. Genthru and his boi's should of got stomped out but Gon showed mercy and healed them because even Killua killed people, which goes against his beliefs beforehand.

But then he snaps at Pitou AND Komugi for a death he thought he was responsible for. Gon was going to kill an unconscious, blind, and injured little girl for his own personal gain which is exactly the same as the Phantom Troupe, who kill without remorse.

Also this analysis I found completely summarizes Gon's character as a selfish douche who only cares about what directly concerns him, even screwing over Killua if he feels like it. You can read at the half point.

but they healed genthru

I guess people in general already know the risks when they take the exam. I mean the race at the start is a pretty good filter and nobody died there

I really doubt that Gon was going to put a hole through Komugi. He was clearly bluffing to make Pitou hurry.
As for Genthru and friends, Gon probably thought that Genthru could reform because he requested that his friend be healed first. He just wanted to beat a video game in a really stupid way. Remember that Killua has a bigger body count than Genthru yet Gon still forgives him.
Pitou had it coming. Kite was like his father figure and told Gon what a hunter was in the first place.

>when you're one of the strongest people in the world it's hard to ever feel inadequate
categorically wrong

So will Gon be muscle head mode when full grown?

Thought he sacrificed his potential?

No magic doll girl brought him back to life now he just needs to sacrifice something to get it back

don't forget, the chairman made applicants torture each other until someone gave up

Depends how you look at it.

Like, this was literally his whole arc beyond seeing his dad.

>why can you kill people
>I will kill her

It also falls back onto the personality thing that is brought up regarding different nen users.

No.
That was a glimpse at how Gon would look like if he honed every aspect of his fighting skill to its fullest. It doesn't mean he's eventually going to reach that level.
For example he may just take his dad's path and become an entrepeneur adventurer and he becomes skinny like him. Or he may just become a muscle head if he finds an excuse to train really fucking hard every day.

Oh in that case fuck that Gon made the right decision. Not even a sacrifice if he was never going to reach it

"Gon dives into a nest of poisonous snakes on the hope that the antidote was on the snakecharmer."

lul. Compared to Tsezgerra who needs like 99% success chance to act how is gone still alive

Well he could have reached it potentially, but it's not set in stone.

I never got the rage against nobunaga, it seems to be contrary to everything gon believes. Maybe he's implying that he doesn't have feeling for his friends and is actually autistic?(seriously) And only values them because they help him? I honestly have no clue

>He could make it, if he were a completely different character

Has Gon even done a push up?

Did he do anything wrong?

In Greed Island.

Him and killua hit the gym to train

Reminder that Binolt was a serial killer and a cannibal who got off easy because Gon appreciated the training.

Okay but the thing is he is still extremely reckless and doesn't give a fuck about Killua's feelings, which you see in like 5 cases in the story.

And here is Gon ready to kill an innocent Meleoron over nothing so I completely believe that Gon would of destroyed Pitou and Komugi since he was too caught up with himself to have any control.

This is why I always compare Yusuke's morality with Gon's yet at least Yusuke is a demon.

Nice fanfiction, pal.

Gon looked Pitou in the eyes when he said that. Pitou knew he wasn't fucking around, that's why he told Pouf to behave himself. And Gon showed no signs of thinking Genthru was going to change his ways. He doesn't care about reforming, if you're cool with him, he's cool with you. Case and point: Binolt.

This is where being a moralfag gets you in this series.

YOU CAN SMILEEEEEE AGAAAIIINNNNNNN

And in the truck when they were driving back after Knuckle and Shoot went to deal with Kite

That's exactly what I mean. If he couldn't forgive the Phantom Troupe, how does he completely forgive Genthru and Binolt, then tries to kill a defenseless Komugi when one of his friends finally gets hurt.

To me, it's either shitty writing or Gon is just very, very complicated since the Freecs family disregards life in general.

Does anybody have that backstory nen headcanon about Meteor City?

He explicitly says he doesn't forgive Genthru though.

Who was in the right in this situation?
Gon broke into Pitou's home ready to murder her and Komugi because Pitou killed Kite. But at the same time, Pitou did it in self defense because Kite came to kill the queen and the other ants.

I watched a video on this topic, it was pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=1XnqUDIxZhw

Pitou didn't do it out of self-defense, she just wanted to test her strength

True but he still healed him up and let him go on some bullshit about Killua when he was forced to be an assassin. Gon basically cares about humanity one minute then fucks off the next.

Leorio and Kurapika are the only decent human beings in all of HxH

Never heard of character flaws?

Gon's situation mirrors Nobunaga's anger when his friend was murdered. He's never been in that position so he didn't get why Nobunaga could shed tears for Uvo and go on a hunt for his killer. He needs this experience to understand that he judged without knowing how it felt.

In fact, the person Gon needs to talk to the most is Kurapika.

Gon only cares about the situational circumstances. If you're hindering him, fuck you. If you help him even if you're a scummy murderer, you're alright. It's all up to how you benefit him, and his selfishness.

I want to rape Pitou, to be honest.

Not anymore. Kurapika was ready to kill a guy for talking about the scarlet eyes when they were trying to recruit him as a guard.
What a baby.

Cool non sequitur, you dumb shit.
>Not the first post from this IP
fuck off

>entire family is dead
>intense trauma
>someone brings up trauma and he gets mad
"lol what a babby"

>baby face pika trying to be serious
heh

Go act tough somewhere else.

>He needs this experience to understand that he judged without knowing how it felt
He knew that they were retards for having remorse for their friends but having none for others. But he deserved that since he let serial killers go cuz 'I'm a new man now or something'.

That shit makes no sense after that scene and it's shitty writing since Togashi never brought it up, making Gon out as a damn hypocrite.

It makes perfect sense in the fact that the phantom troupe was hindering Gon and Killua so he felt disdain for them. Gon is selfish and a hypocrite and is written that way on purpose

>True but he still healed him up and let him go on some bullshit about Killua when he was forced to be an assassin.

Uhh, no. First off, Killua wasn't forced. It's the family trade. Second, the rationale is that in a game for Hunters, you're pretty much gonna have to expect to end up dead. Are you going to hold a grudge against the game's creators if you get gravely injured by one of the monsters? It would be dumb if you did. The same logic applies to the people who died in the Hunter Exams.

Genthru isn't Gon's problem, he was merely playing the game his own way. If killing other players was against the rules, Genthru would have been banned. And although Gon dislikes Genthru for what he did, he has no reason to kill him over people who knew the risks. HxH's world is pretty damn grey.

>I'm gonna kill this guy who knows about the eyes I'm looking for because he talked about them even though he could help me find more of them
Kurapika went full retard in that situation. I'm not saying he shouldn't feel traumatic but he shouldn't murder every guy who brings up his trigger word.

Nobunaga wasn't hindering him except with some jaganken and his bitch tears. And Genthru just hindered him by blowing his windpipe and hand off so this rapid change will never make any sense.

How does that make them retards. What fucking obligation do they have to the rest of the world? Why should they have the same kind of anger for people they barely know to the friends they treat like family?

Don't you know Kurapika is from tumblr

You come into someone's place and bring perceived disrespect. Kurapika acted normal given who his is.

So what was Genthru and his boi's doing the entire arc? Shit the Phantom Troupe barely did anything in their own arc.

Are the Phantom Troupe hiring right now? You sound just like those bastards, embrace some morality for once.

It's almost like you just forgot who the Phantom Troupe are. They care for their own, the Meteor City denizens included to an extent. The rest of the world isn't their concern. Why should it be when practically all of them are dumpster babies?

>And although Gon dislikes Genthru for what he did, he has no reason to kill him over people who knew the risks
Killing is killing, and Genthru was going to kill him and his friends. The scenario shouldn't warp his ideals that badly but since Gon is a fucking terrible human, I can't say much.

If you're doing shit that is terrible and will undoubtedly breed hatred, don't be surprised when your guys eventually get killed. They're pretty fucking insane to keep this shit up when four of the their members got raped effortlessly.

Should have probably realized since like
first dozen chapters that Gon isn't a normal person. None of them are.

It's not like they don't expect people coming for revenge. Uvo said himself that they are his favorite time of people to kill. But they're not going to crack smiles if one of them winds up dead.

They're bad fucking people, but at least they extend what sliver of humanity they have to thier friends.

>fpbp
He does what any Shonen protagonist does, just without the author justifying his actions.

What about Leorio?

Goku was like this too but you don't see him trying to kill innocents over some personal bullshit because he's too selfish. Supreme Kai deserved to die though.

Don't forget my man Knuckle and Morel I think.

Gon is Togashi's version of Kid Goku.

DICK

Cheadle and Mizai deserve a shoutout

Goku is autistic and shouldn't be mentioned in HxH threads