Why is America called America?

this has always fascinated me why wasn't America called Colombia after Christopher Columbus?

Other urls found in this thread:

secretsofthefed.com/still-think-america-was-named-after-amerigo-vespucci-think-again-this-is-the-real-story-behind-the-name-america/
huffingtonpost.com/entry/faa-turkey-drop-yellville-arkansas_us_5a10bc35e4b0e97dffedcbdb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We're honoring the people we slaughtered.

i don’t remember exactly but some guy came before columbus and his name was something similar to america

found out, his name was Amerigo Vespucci

Amerigo Vespucci you fucking retards.

Fuck why do I even post here

Amerigo Vespucci founded America propper. Well the Vikings really did but they were dumb and did not understand how to make a map. He charted the continent that made it possible for Europeans to settle.

sage this faggot thread

American education everyone.

A M E R I G O V E S P U C C I

Another italian badass

I'm suprised this question comes from a german, are u a turk?

German education everyone

Columbus discovered America first, but he thought he was in Asia, then some other guy realized that it was a completely different continent instead, so they named it after the other guy to punish him for his retardation.

Because Colombo forgot his gps in the other boat

Amerigo Vespucci mapped it out on paper and the map had his name on it sooo.....

no im German

Columbia is the pagan god our founders worshipped

>italians aren't white
>ameriniggers country is literally named after an italian

Why didn't you just fucking Google it? A German cartographer named it after Amerigo Vespucci, an Italian navigator who was the first to figure that Columbus was full of shit and that he didn't discover a new route to India, but rather a 'new world', so the German cartographer named it America in his honor.

Sometimes the name 'Columbia' is used in a poetic sense when referring to the US.

>Columbus discovered ameruca...
No... hispanola....
The only part of the north American continent he ever touched was the very southern tip of what is mexishit.

still, he proved that Europeans could sail west thats an important achievement right?

> Why call it "America?"
Cause fuck Spain, kraut.

what are you on about? when did i ever mention that the USA should be called Spain?

It was not named after Amerigo Vespucci you 2-D chess players. They would have used his last name like all the other people in history. Amerika is named after a Demon. Don't believe it? Research it you dumbed down, brain washed neophytes. baka secretsofthefed.com/still-think-america-was-named-after-amerigo-vespucci-think-again-this-is-the-real-story-behind-the-name-america/

The nibba whom mapped our grand continent was named America

America/Amaruca is just not the Northern Hemi either.

AMERICA, we were told, was named in honor of Amerigo Vespucci, although his authentic Christian name was Alberigo Vespucci. Guyanan novelist Jan Carew argues that
Vespucci changed his Christian name after his voyages to the Americas, This would mean “Amerigo” came from “America” and not the other way around.

I bet you voted for drumpf

Entomology, ie - If America is not named after Vespucci, then where did the name come from? Marcou, who quotes Le Plongeon, (an imaginative anthropologist) studying the Mayan culture in Yucatan : “The name AMERICA or AMERRIQUE in the Mayan language means, a country of perpetually strong wind, or the Land of the Wind, and sometimes the suffix ‘-ique’ and ‘-ika’ can mean not only wind or air but also a spirit that breathes, life itself.
Who exactly is the ” Spirit of the Air” that they worshipped? According to the Popol Vuh, the sacred, indigenous Maya narrative of creation, he was the great “feathered serpent” creator deity known as Q’uq’umatz; a god considered by scholars to be roughly equivalent to the Aztec god Quetzalcoatl and the Yucatec Mayan Kukulkan

Who exactly is the ” Spirit of the Air” that they worshipped? According to the Popol Vuh, the sacred, indigenous Maya narrative of creation, he was the great “feathered serpent” creator deity known as Q’uq’umatz; a god considered by scholars to be roughly equivalent to the Aztec god Quetzalcoatl and the Yucatec Mayan Kukulkan.

When you think about it, it makes better sense.

how does that even make sense, so you're telling me the guy who mapped America changed his name to the continent named after him?

Voting is for babies, and Morons.

OMG they Fucking lied like they have about everything. Like it is to far to believe that we were lied to again. Would they rather have it named after a European or Natives. No they would have re-written the History books like every other Monarch did.

They should name it after an awesome Nord like Leif Erikson. Call it "Erika" remove the "Am" sound it's useless anyway. Think of all the time saved by removing it.

or is it you believe EVERYTHING that is told to you from our gov history books. Look at DC it is a freaking Occult Playground. lol

Can't decide which is better, seeing this in person, or in this photo.

In person it's breathtaking because of how high up it is and almost out of place it feels but you break your neck trying to view it.

but Nordics literally didn't do shit for Europe in the age of exploration

you would love Europe that mural is just a imitation of the real deal

So we're named after Quezacoatl? Seems fitting.

any culture that originated from the new world is trash

It was called Atlantis and turtle island you dumb asses.

>Aztecs
>Mayans
>Cherokee
Wow, you really seem informed there user.

I have heard Aztlan refers to Atlantis.

It was the Caribbean. The ocean was 2490 feet lower and the Atlantic sea merchants have been sailing for 30K years.
The Solutreans were just part of that culture.

Uh, have you seen the Canadian flag?

Typo. 24 feet lower

all historical nonentities

Wait, why the hell is Arkansas a turkey?
We should at least be a bowl of rice or a White-tailed deer

It gets worse every day. Like what the fuck is even google?

HOLY FUCK, why have I never heard of this Arkansas tradition?
huffingtonpost.com/entry/faa-turkey-drop-yellville-arkansas_us_5a10bc35e4b0e97dffedcbdb

>Indiana has persimmon pudding and racecars
Yeah pretty much