Can anyone Redpill me on Psychology?

Can anyone Redpill me on Psychology?
It is a subject that has crossed my path quite a few times, as if it has authority over rethoric.
I would like to know how the based Sup Forums thinks about this field, Politically.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gvdBSSUviys
youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Harlow
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_and_Its_Discontents
thisamericanlife.org/204/81-words
journals.plos.org/plosone/browse/psychology
psiedu.ubbcluj.ro/318-psihologie-judiciara
archive.is/zbLEX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>hey Sup Forums tell me how to better adhere to the hive mind? I'm experiencing cognitive dissonance because I think this topic is cool, but I know that something about Jews and liberals should make me dislike the entire field of study

Not helping or logically sound.

Selfish bump.

Some of it has a strong biological basis, and generally helpful. eg: pharmacological management of schizophrenia, panic attack/anxiety management

Some of it is a massive grey area, where it can be legitimately helpful in some circumstances, or even destructive in others: SSRIs for depression, ADHD and stimulants

Some of it is political, eg DSM5 states that its completely normal for many males to have transient homosexuality in teenage hood, and paints it as something that is not at all out of the norm or indicative of something

Some of it is just borderline bunk eg: some of the behavioural therapies

Its probably the most controversial of the medical disciplines. Yet if you have a good psychiatrist, they can change your life, not just cure a ailment. Make of that what you will

t. med student

Maybe you shouldn't make such a general request in the form of a meme then, retard

Thinking in therms of memes explains how your faggot ass country is royally cucked in the first place

Study evolutionary psychology if you want to be redpilled on human nature and ethnic differences

Look up the Alaska Mental Health Enabling Act for the red pill into (((their))) goal with psychology

Cool, Sounds like a good start!
Can you reccommend some books?

>retard

Don't listen to a fucking med studen who knows fuck all about from medecine...

shit summary go back to med school finish and do 12 years training in psychology and psychotherapy

youtube.com/watch?v=gvdBSSUviys

Quality input there buddy, really hot stuff

So, as a med student, how do you personally feel about

the Diagnostics for buzzwords = Solution mechanic?

Its a meme cooked up by Jews in Veinna in the 1920's. Psycho analysis is a psuedo science. All of it is very light on the science evidence side of things. Psychiatry is semi-legit though

Its silly and its a sign of the times. People want quick fixes to complex problems, and more than that, theres a lot of political pressure on what a problem is or isnt.

To be quite frank with you if you want to deepen your own knowledge on this matter, you're better off just picking up the following materials rather than having someone with an agenda spoonfeed you an opinion.

1. Learn the neuroanatomy
a) Dr. Najeeb neuroanatomy
b) Thiemes neuroanatomy

2) BRS Behavioural Science 7th edition

Im sure you can find these things on piratebay or demonoid

A working knowledge of psychology is useful if you have to work with people in your profession.
Being cognizant of the human condition, and how our species absorbs and processes information is highly valuable. If for no other reason than to be able to exploit them for power and profit.

It is actually because the post he referenced clearly shows a marginal understanding of psychology, maybe he took a few introductory courses out of personal interest and that's all.

The left hates it because it can prove cognitive difference between races.

please, show me how that is proven

Well we have to start somewhere, im not going to start breaking down receptor mechanics down to someone who clearly is at the first step.

That said I will admit I misread psychology as psychiatry.

Psych as a discipline for studying individual differences in behaviors is good. Note I'm saying behaviors and not mind or any of that shit because you can't quantify a mind, though you can quantify a behavior. And its individuals, not groups - that's sociology.

Trouble comes in when you tack on medical frameworks that do not necessarily belong within the discipline. Is there any particular compelling reason to have alcoholism be a medical diagnosis, or depression even? Within psychology no.

t. Psych grad [1999]

Psychfag here. American Psychology is a machine of the Jew and a cog in the liberal academia racket. Practiced by it's scientific principles, psychology can be good for mankind and can help people. Too often psychology has been used to generate propaganda, drive compulsive consumerism, or push a liberal social agenda.

Real research cannot be done because grant funding goes where the institution wants it and any research that leads to conclusions outside of the planned message gets squelched and another study is commissioned, via grant funding, that is ON MESSAGE.

Psychology is being used against you every day. If you know the signs, you see it in everything, and it is controlling you.

Robert Cialdini's: Influence, is a great intro to Social Psychology. Not evolutionary psychology like you were asking. In general, if the book you are reading is not at least a little scary with its implications, you are reading "feel good" psychology. Real psychology is more frightening and the brain has not been fully mapped and understood. There will be a lot of speculation until that happens. In other words, if it says "white people who like mating with white people" are ignorant and should be taught to mix race, you are reading Jewish Lies. If you are reading Sigmund Freud, you are reading Jewish Lies.

David Buss' work on Evolutionary Psych is also really good. "The Murderer Next Door" is a great work. As is the work of his peer Cindy Meston @ The U of TX in Austin.

You were already told to look into evolutionary psychology. Look up Gad Saad on youtube. He’s a Lebanese Jew Canadian constantly at war with the SJW.

More the fact that you refer to latent homosexuality as "political" as if to imply you have never even once had any sort of gay thought. It isn't indicative of anything and it is normal, because nearly every straight male has had a gay thought at some point and it has had no impact on their sexual attraction to women. Your calling cherry-picked psychological concepts an opinion is just an opinion that you state as a fact.

This is a harvest stage, after the thread dies I will put all the available sources to good use,

Hell, my initial motive was to make big cluster infoposts outta this.

Cialdini is based influencer....
Read his book if you are in business.

Also Noam Chomsky and the manufacturing of consent is pretty good as well as The Century of The Self.
youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s

As a field, its going to be almost entirely women and leftists within the next 10 years. "Psychology" is being used to justify all sorts of awful policies, and any interesting work is being ignored/actively suppressed.

Bullshit: "Psychology says that loving migrants is good for your mental health, its just science!"

Ignored: "Racial differences in intelligence/altruism"

Nicolosi, Socarides, Whitehead, Throckmorton, Yarhouse.... Every "grey literature" source on Sexual Orientation Change Efforts....

Everyone is insane.

Psychology has always been dominated by leftists. It is a machine to "manufacture" facts to influence the uneducated

>Psychology has always been dominated by Jews.
Fixed

This is mostly true, but there were always a few mad scientist types kicking around the basements of those departments, and the old guard of actual researchers is almost all gone.

As a psychology major i can tell you some of the worst people ive met were/are psychologists. 90% of them are women, and most of those have a shit know-it all attittude. As a matter of fact ive just lost the opportunity to land my dream job because of the psych exam i was given. The evaluating team actually refused 700+ candidates, giving them all the same grade. To this day i still dont know why/where ive failed in the exams (the law states that i must be given all the information i require pertaining to my application), and those fuckers actually laughed at my face. Also, since getting a nice job in the field is very hard in here, people stab each other in the back and bad-mouth you alot. Maybe related to this being a woman dominated field

One I have not had the pleasure of reading but is considered manipulative gold is the book Engineering Consent by the nephew of Freud, Edward Barneys. Where Freud was a bunch of speculation (or deliberate misdirection) Bernays was working to develop effective sales pitches for advertisers. He is called the Father Of Modern Advertising. It is said that if you read the works of Bernays you will see his influence everywhere you look in modern society.

Based Harry Harlow killed and abused so many monkeys to find out how we work... Chain smoking hard core researcher...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Harlow

At its best it only manages to be quasi-scientific.
For the most part it's just pseudoscience.

If I had a dime for every smug psychology undergrad. I swam circles around you tit sucking babies in undergrad. You're just bitter because you couldn't hack grad school and you're stuck working in retail with a degree that is useless without graduate school...

Learn APA style for real and get published noob.
I fill your papers with red and send you home to momma.

At least Freud wrote a cool book.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_and_Its_Discontents

Science as any other - you have mumbojumbo part with coaching and self help shiet and hard data statistical physic tier level experiments.

It's not for authist because human mind is not a computer and it's not math - something are organic are best estimates and generalizations but most of the time they are correct (bar the outliers).

Watch out for postmodernist psychology (most of USA bullshit) - it is done for hype and fame not for actual scientific progress. Topics are chosen so they will generate buzz and thus make money for Unis.

Medical field - psychiatry is something totally different. Medics focus on mental illness where psychologist focus on whole of functioning without the ICD10 (or 11 soon) tier diseases

Forensic Psychologist here

The decision to remove homosexuality from the DSM III was based on a purely emotional appeal and a kind of performance art thing at the APA convention in 1973...

thisamericanlife.org/204/81-words

Just christ dude, projecting much?
Im actually taking on my secong degree. This time in Law. To get a majors degree you actually have to complete graduate school first, at least in my country. And APA its not really that difficult, only spergs who can take the 5 mins to learn how to make proper citations find it hard

What you're saying is retarded.
Just like any field, psychology these days relies on observation and logic.

While there was a time where people like Freud and his idiotic followers decided to just fuck around and it resulted in the field of Psychoanalysis which was a fucking scourge upon the entirety of psychology for a good amount of time, and is still getting fixed.

Here:
journals.plos.org/plosone/browse/psychology
Read some and see for yourself.

That's getting to be less and less possible. Objectivity is highly valued in most fields of research.

Stop reading bullshit (((psyhology))) articles from Huffington Post, pic up an actual source, like the one I posted above, and you'll immediately see the difference.

Come to Romania. No political influence in psychology here. No kiddie gloves either.

I'd say Psychiatry is just a way the state creates more jobs and avoid social unrest, by creating bogus demand and then supply it.

If they (Doctors) are not interested in discovering the truth, why then make the drugs limited to prescription? Just let them free and have the people follow the instructions on the broche.

It makes me think this is just bureaucracy to create more jobs that deceive people for money, the whole system is already unethical and deceptive already.

Lol, this.

As one who is fucked up in the head I have come to the understanding that the field of psychology as an academic discipline has some serious problems. There are considerable reproducibility issues and because Psych majors are fucking shit at math they fail to grasp and often fail to interpret statistics properly. Like many academic disciplines it is completely fucked by cults of personality and valuing career advancement over generating verifiable and correct conclusions. Most of psychotherapy is complete fucking quackery that can only help people who have the most basic of problems. If you have deep problems a technique like CBT won't do fucking anything. It brings a smile to my face to see therapists have no fucking clue where to go in their flow chart of treatment when they fail to cram you into the CBT ABC model. If you want to truly evaluate the field read a bunch of meta analyses and papers comparing psychotherapy models. You will become aware of problems like dodo bird verdict and the inability of psychologists to understand the simple idea of cause and effect.

Law is a very complimentary degree with psychology.

Current psychology doctoral student here, specialization in neuropsychology

This med student speaks the truth, there is a lot of political aspects to psych unfortunately with the dsm, that's why I stick to assessment as my main career goal. I do therapy on a part time basis, ask me anything

Psychoanalysis was extremely effective when Edward Bernays used it to sell goods to the american public. All modern advertising and public relations is derived from Frued and his "idiotic followers".

What about Jung and Adler? Who do you consider a legitimate psychologist?

Dude you have any forensic psychology department ? I've heard about Klus Nepotek or something that has it - we are doing conference with Hungary, Czech, Slovaks and wanted to invite forensic psychologist from Romania - not even one hit in google :D

You will probably make a shit ton of money.

>I'd say Psychiatry is just a way the state creates more jobs and avoid social unrest

It's possible to believe that until the moment you step inside a mental institution.
When you see a teenage girl on all fours, barking in the hallway at 6 AM every day like clockwork, you get doubts.
When you finally find out why she's doing that, the doubts disappear. But so do your previous points of view.

fake news

Yup, psychoanalysis is pure pseudo-science. And the worst of the lot is Lacan. I actually think that to be a top psychoanalyst you must be the best at both bamboozling your peers and the general public. Scientific methods be damned

>Because people are able to properly monitor their lithium intake on their own without killing themselves

Super important and vastly underserved. It’s because to be effective at it you need a very high emotional iq bordering on empath.

I'm a doctoral student so no I don't unfortunately at the moment

Neuropsych practices I've done work at commonly cost around $3000 for an 8 hour day of an assessment battery + report on findings

Leopold Szondi, anyone?

I'm a doctoral student so no I don't unfortunately at the moment

Neuropsych practices I've done work at commonly cost around $3000 for an 8 hour day of an assessment battery + report on findings

I already have plans with a fellow student for private practice once were established, I'll handle the assessments, he'll handle the therapy, and we'll take on students to do our grunt work

I've been already been in one. And in the end, it didn't do shit to me and it was boring as fuck.

While some people are born with those congenital issues that make them act silly (like autism) i don't think psychiatrists or psychiatric drugs can help with that. One thing though is that psychiatry takes care of annoying and unconvenient family members and stuff, now helping? Let's not be disingenuous.

>most information in all of human history
>most easily accessible in all of history
>red pill me in a post, guys

its mega gay

>All modern advertising and public relations is derived from Frued and his "idiotic followers".
Behavioral psychology takes more of that cake, actually. And even then, advertising still fucking fails miserably at what it's supposed to do.

I love Jung, but I can't help looking at him like more like a witch doctor than a psychologist.
I'd be nice if I didn't have to spend time making sense of some of the things he wrote.

Adler was a filthy kike and I'd rather see the field set back 50 years if it meant erasing his ass from the books.

Jung is interesting.

Freud is a disgusting incestous kike.

Not where I'm from.
It translates to:
>Psihologie Judiciara
...roughly

You might want to try the faculty in Cluj:
psiedu.ubbcluj.ro/318-psihologie-judiciara
Babes Bolyai is one of the top schools for psychology in the country.

>Yup, psychoanalysis is pure pseudo-science.
Isn't it slowly getting fixed tho?
I mean at least a little bit of it makes sense, I guess...

>umm I just want to help people lol
>what do you mean I have to learn statistics and neuroscience I just want to talk about real world issues you know?

Women turned the field into a joke

I have my worthless Bachelors in Psych and am therefore qualified to say the following: Modern Psychology is complete horseshit and exists solely to funnel cash to insurance companies and big pharma. Don't trust them and don't take the pills they give you.

My sympathies...

Fuck off kike. Your shit isn't welcome here faggot. Go back

fpbp

But if your really curious read up on some of the experiments. You can get a good idea of how legit a "finding" is when you actually read publications. In general, this

For anything other than CBT it all seems to be a bunch of hogwash. CBT is basically "Clean your room."

thx sweetie

Same boat here m8. University was a rort.

Pretty much a combination of cbt and interpersonal (for developing rapport with the client and maintaining it) works for most cases

ill make a high effort thread some time like archive.is/zbLEX

tl;dr it got some issues but its definitely sceintific , only brainlets call it pseudoscience