Why are millennials investing in cryptocurrency instead of stocks?

Why are millennials investing in cryptocurrency instead of stocks?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/clifford-stoll-why-web-wont-be-nirvana-185306
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

oh that's a new pic

They aren't.

It's way easier to get into crypto then stocks. In December I turned $20 into like $400 pumping and dumping shitty alt coins.

/thread

Can't you just google Soe and turn up with a million pics?

OP never used this one before

ROI

How tall is the dude in the pic

He is 5'6"

Setting up a vanguard brokerage account was actually easier, imo.

He's 6'0" and she's 5'11"

6', she is 5'11

I fucking love this meme

That a desTINY thing?

It just cracks me up. I'm 5'4'', so it's absurd to me in a way that most people don't experience.

You have an inch on me so I know that feel

Crypto currencies are taxed now so I'm going back to stocks but I don't know whether to wait for the dip or ride the current wave.

Agreed

He's a big guy

I'm up 3450% with cryptos total, 1500% alone in December.

Compare that with an annual average return of 7% in regular stocks? Nah.

in short, cryptos are more accessible to millennials than stocks.
they can spend little game money and get high returns from it.

>1500% alone in December.
sounds very sustainable

> he doesn't algo trade
Poorfag

I invest in crypto as a fun way to kill time and take some educated risk, so far it has been profitable ($1000 turned to $13,700) - but the big advantage is that I don't have to pre-clear it at work (work for a hedge fund) so traditional stocks are just a headache. I max out my 401k though as my "traditional" investment and crypto is really just a playground. That's just my unique perspective.

is that tegan or sara?

>Why are millennials investing in cryptocurrency instead of stocks?

daytrading stocks requires at least 25k usd in an account. Below that amount, an investor must wait for cash to settle before making another trade, which can take 3 business days.

How long does pre-clearing take?

Doing my CFA, hoping to branch into the industry EOY. Any tips?

uuuu

The Mountain

Pre-clearing takes as long as they want unfortunately, but generally less than a week once they make sure it doesn't sound any weird signals with regards to what we're actively involved in. It's not really a burden but atm I'm satisfied with 401k+company match opposed to putting more cash into the market. Crypto is just a lot more fast paced - if my company eventually starts trading crypto (who knows) then it get really interesting.

To be honest, you have to "pre-clear" crypto as well, but if it is not considered a security, they dont care, and like 99.99999% of crypto is not a security. I always get an answer back within minutes about crypto positions I wish to take.

I can't really comment too much on that side of things since I work in the IT field, not the finance part.

Because they're fucking retarded and want immediate returns

Because Trump's pro business policy have pushed the stock market to it's highest point ever.

>I can't really comment too much on that side of things since I work in the IT field, not the finance part.
Fair enough. That said, I'm sure you have some interaction with them or are they completely firewalled? Do they work long hours / compensation is proportionate to the work involved?

It will never go anywhere user, they are wasting their time
>newsweek.com/clifford-stoll-why-web-wont-be-nirvana-185306

>works at a hedge fund
Which one?

That sort of varies and you'd have to do research into the company in which you take interest, but I've worked at 1 energy trading company (very lax), an extremely big hedge fund (one of the top 3) which was insane hours, everyone constantly stressed, meltdowns everywhere, and now my current fund is in NYC, top 10 AUM and feels very relaxed. I work on the trade floor a lot doing varying levels of support and everyone seems very in control, not freaking out, browsing online retail sites in their free time - just generally a "normal" environment. I'd say what you see on TV is exaggerated. Hours are usually 50-60 a week, compensation for a junior analyst brand new is going to put you at about 100-135k if you're in a major city. Once you get a bit of tenure (5 years) you're looking at 200k total comp unless you're a rockstar and start up a new investment strategy team or something (400k-1.5 million ez).

I don't want to say exactly, but my first job was at top 3 AUM, current job is top 10 AUM.

what's your major?

why is the guy wearing a thong

Stocks are a meme investment. You need to do serious research if you're going to have success with them, and even then, a lot of things are out of your control.

Thanks mate, appreciate it. I pull 50-60 hours a week as is as an engineer, but they pay/reward isn't as high as finance.

> what are statistics; the post

In undergrad college my major was Business Administration, mostly finance classes with a politics minor. I graduated in 2010 when the financial market was juuuuust starting to recover so jobs weren't really hiring (for reasonable amounts of money) so I worked at a seafood market and got a Master's in computer science and got an internship at the energy trading company. From there, I did IT support at the first hedge fund for 3 years and now moved into my current company in NYC.

The only thing I'm investing in is a one way ticket and retirement is SE Asia. I will never be able to afford a family or land here, so I'll take my dollary-doos and live like a king in asia. The only thing I have to look forward to here is an endless supply of roasties, debt, and gmo-chemtrail-fluoride-estrogen-whatever bullshit.

No problem, how much if you don't mind me asking? If you get into a decently established financial company as a CFA, $100,000 total comp is an incredibly easy milestone to hit. I keep saying "total comp" because most financial places will give you like a 80/20 split of salary to "bonus". So if you make $100,000 a year on a tax form, you get it in the form of $80,000 spread out over 26 paychecks, then a year-end $20,000 "bonus" check.

If your point is that publicly traded stocks are good, then I would like to introduce you to business ownership.

>No problem, how much if you don't mind me asking?
CAD 80k + 7.5% + package up here as an engineer. It's probably more than other engineers for my age, but I program a lot as well which my company finds useful. I can handle a 60k + 0% bonus if necessary for a year or two to get established into finance.

Ah ok yeah you'll have no problem - also keep up with the programming, finance places LOVE that experience because they use a surprising number of programs that greatly benefit from the ability to program (more-so understanding how to think about programming at a high-level rather than a specific language).

why are you fucken Gamblor?

they love gay memes, I put money in utilities and gold/silver. Very happy with my returns

gold and silver and utilities are not exactly "stocks". something like 1:1000 people buy stocks. nobody can afford it. if you only have $5000 to your name. if that. why even buy penny stocks or short anything. everything on here is a lie. why did boomers destroy the planet

what's up with this fucking bot spammer?

CIA

Thanks again pal

Because it makes more money?

all money is nothing but a worthless interest payment. never used to be this way recently. oh fucking well. yay more debt and derivatives and third way trickle down and BGI

Whatever, nocoiner. Get in and start gambling on crypto or stay cucked.

they say money gets its value now from the communal knowledge that it has value. so maybe youre the mark of the beast. meh. nobody ever said humans were any good at anything but starving themselves in sin

>why is the guy wearing a thong
Because he's Brazilian

>TFW women will never look at you like this because you're a manlet

end it, bros

We've tried to explain over and over to nocoiners why it has value but they're just too dumb to understand. Sad!

if anything im in agreement with you but we might not have enough electricity globally to trade you. you might be being regulated. i hate money and the whole industry so remember that

>using pic of same girl constantly
>posting off stopic
MAKE POSTING LIKE THIS A BANNABLE OFFENSE

Gee why on earth would anyone want to invest in blockchain tech and a decentralized currency that's not completely dominated by the ZOG which can earn you x100 what the stock market would? Nocoiners truly are subhuman wagecuck shabbos goyim.

>Gee why on earth would anyone want to invest in blockchain tech and a decentralized currency that's not completely dominated by the ZOG which can earn you x100 what the stock market would? Nocoiners truly are subhuman wagecuck shabbos goyim.

This.

Friendly neighborhood broker here! Just kidding I'm a scumbag. Most of the people who ask me about bitcoin are completely oblivious investors. Bitcoin was/kind of still is a fad. Now its all about weed stocks! (Bitcoin is crashing quietly in the background) Soon it will be something else new and exciting and people will do anything to try to get some skin in the game. Also, since our public education system in the US sucks homeless nigger cock, most kids dont have an understanding of how markets work and are too lazy to learn.

Completely agree but would add there is a difference between investing and trading philosophy. I would add millennials dont want to see those small consistent gains with a long term position. They want to hit it big in one day or cop out and close an account because "its not fair"

look at that roasties soulless stare

How is wanting immediate returns stupid?

>implying I'm not investing in both

>Bitcoin Investing
Lets call it short term speculation.
Also faggots get excited turning their 400$ into $2000 thinking they are so rich now.
One should allocate a portion of their portfolio into aggressive investments but I fear the average millennial is to retarded to understand risk exposure and will sperg out 100% portfolio into meme coins.

Where my /AMB/ niggas at?

>Why are millennials investing in cryptocurrency instead of stocks?

Why do they eat Tide Pods?

They crypto meme is just getting started, normie money has barely started to trickle in

can i get a quick rundown on this meme

because Boomers educated them.

you're an idiot.

there are multiple small market cap stocks that move 100-1000% every few week.

the reason why millennials trade crypto is because:
1. crypto is edgy and pretentious
2. crypto doesnt have the pattern day trader rule (in stocks you need a $25k account to trade more than once a day)

checked and correct. crypto is a fucking meme.

there are multiple stocks that move 100-1000% EVERY WEEK i mean. sometimes every day. stocks are WAY more volatile than cryptocurrencies. they are also regulated and invulnerable to "hacks" (more like exchanges or creators inside jobs)

Sup Forums convinces normies to eat laundry detergent
not much more to it than that

>Soe
kids eat tide pods.

cryptocurrencies don't have any real value. no government in the right mind would allow someone's pump and dump tool to become a legitimate currency. governments would just make their own in the near future and regulate all of it like stocks.

people like to wear Gold, and sometimes use it as industrial material
people use stocks to own portions of companies

people use crypto... to turn into USD

Very little actual money has been put in. There is a reason you can't cash out.

>one post by this fucking faggot
sage this fuckign faggot thread

Hi

show actual flag

Because I've gotten 4,000% gains in crypto in less than a year.

quick gains

You should consider why cryptocurrency even exists and who it ultimately helps the most by existing. You're indirectly helping to finance IC and other black budgets.

becasue almost everyone at the top is a fucking genius

the closer and closer you get to the genesis block the more intelligent you have to be to have heard about it and understood it enough to invest

The IC has always had as much money as it needs, and more.

because society is fucked by insurmountable debt and shit policy so they think they can meme a new currency and btfo boomers

I thought /biz/ was already dead

Two words: Fifth Column.

quiet mutt

Three words: kill your self

>t. fifth column IC saboteur

>t. nigger faggot