Today I started Re:Zero

I've only finished episode 0 (yes, I know, it's way too early to judge), but I'm not liking it that much.
What Sup Forums thinks about it, is it worth to keep watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6aGVfcQDQjo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its maybe a 6/10 at maximum. Ending is shit, main character is a stupid asshole, the fights are pretty well done though. The first 3 episodes are basically nothing happens so if you do the three episode rule it won't work.

I don't personally recommend it.

It's bad, don't let Sup Forums meme you into watching it. There's literally only one scene done right in the whole thing and it will only make you angrier at the rest of it.

the ending is unsatisfying as fuck, don't waste your time

Watch the first two episodes (because they're like two halves of a whole episode) and if you don't like the suspense and drama: drop it.

LN/WN bait anime, unless you're willing to continue the story reading summaryanon's uh, summary (WN rough translations), don't waste your time watching it.

>you will never get to watch re:zero for the first time again

3 episode rule, newfag.

It's a shitty fucking show. The suffering is nice because MC is so insufferably retarded, but I still ended up dropping it when faggot MC told the cunt that killed him that he loved her. So fucking stupid. Even for LN self insert garbage it's bad.

Iam at 11ep idk if i should continue after this is the ending this bad?

It's forced, anti climatic and boring

the ending is boring and forgettable but keep watching it if you liked it so far

finished 1st season yesterday. Is he really gonna pick that fucking ayylmao Emilia over the blue haired qt?

he loves both and wants both, and since Emilia is mentally a child and Rem in a coma he doesn't have to choose yet

What does the guy with makeup do to girl with Ram?

giving her some juicy mana

read the WN instead

Shes adicted to the Clown juice

Nothing sexual??

it was heavily implied that they fuck but not confirmed

is rem still a potato?

not in the novel

The show is only worth watching up until episode 18. It all goes downhill after that. Don't stop though, the best moments are coming up.

watch up to episode 15, makes for a better season finale imo if you're going to drop it
youtube.com/watch?v=6aGVfcQDQjo

mc a shit
rem a shit
emilia top tier wife
5/10 because ferris was cute

Hey, we're in the same boat but I actually enjoyed the first three episodes.
Please tell me the rumors of Elsa not appearing again are unfounded

i love emilia

Subaru's first choice is always the wrong one, how did you not learn that yet?

Halfway through episode 4. I kinda want to say Ram is a better character than Rem just to spite people. Satella doujins when?

What would your score be... if Ferris wasn't cute?

She appears again in the following arc and gets roasted

pretty sure most people liked Ram more than Rem or didn't like any of them at first

You do realize that you're asking in a thread where mostly Re:Zero haters are sperging about?

asking for opinions on Sup Forums is a mistake in general

4 probably
the story is nice but poorly written, the mc ruined everything really by being a sperg

this, ram is better at first, but then rem gets promoted to love interest status and becomes best girl

Just keep watching and drop it if you don't enjoy it.

For a LN it's good enough,if you like that kind of thing.

Rem's motivations get revealed and she stops being "cold" and shows her true face, it's called development

>Sup Forums while anime is airing: masterpiece, >theories, good shit
>Sup Forums after anime has fully aired: it's shit, dumb >main op, don't fall for the meme

why Sup Forums? why?

What would your score be... if Ferris was a girl?

He's a salty Remfag just let him be

>>theories, good shit
It's because of this. The anime cut out most of the stuff that could be used for theorycrafting, which makes it shit. When you start reading the WN or LN, you start realizing how much the anime had to leave out. Some cuts are just subtle moments, while others are quite large.

In short, the anime isn't a very good adaption of Re:Zero. It's passable, and has enough of the original to attract interest, but the feel of the original story was very different. I started reading Arc 3 of the WN, and I got a very different impression on character personalities and relationships.

Hell, you get a different impression of the larger mysteries, conspiracies, and mechanics of their world.

>Episodes 1-14
6/10
>Episode 15
10/10
>Episodes 16-25
3/10

Overall 5/10, but everyone should watch up to episode 15 as it is one of the better episodes in all of anime.

OP here, sorry for not have been following the thread

Well, I think I'll watch it up to episode 15/18 and, if I won't still like it, I'll try with the WN.
>being such a newfag to not having a clue about what a web novel is

Just watch episode 18
That shit was pure kino

Sadly, youll still have to watch the anime first, or you could read the 3 volumes of the light novel which are out in english and read summaries of arc 3

Man you haven't even gotten to the hook yet. At least get to that.

oh you

If you actually like Re:zero, that's probably a better reason to read the WN. If you have a way of translating moonrunes, since all of the translators for early Arcs have given up for one reason or another.

It's my opinion that the writing of Re:Zero just isn't very suited for an anime, at least going by how much they felt they had to cut out. It likes to employ lots of sudden extreme tone shifts, which does happen a bit in the anime, but the WN takes it further. Things shift from quite lighthearted to extremely dark, and right back again and again and again. I actually feel some changes may have been made to the anime to dampen that facet of the story.

They wanted something simpler and more consistent in feel, and not something that swung wildly back and forth. I honestly can't say I really understood any of the characters until I read the source material, because the later cuts are sufficient to completely change the tone of conversations that were used to flesh out the characters. Someone really needs to translate Arc 3 already.

Ah, the usual "I'm at episode X of show Y and don't like it so far".

Guess that one guy who spammed bait threads about this changed his style to be less obvious

Oh yeah, and not to mention all of the descriptions of emotion and thought.

She wants the clown dick bad, he might or might not be giving it to her in the anime. He does eventually penetrate her though.

Nothing against OP or so ( and sorry if that's actually not the case ) but I can't give the benefit of the doubt anymore after the shitfest we have for months now.

But yeah the advice I see you've gotten should be sufficient

In a threesome with another guy while Subaru watches slackjawed no less.

Yes she is still potato with Subaru still going all devoted husbando over it.

Ram does much more for the potato than Subaru does though. What does Subaru even do except talking to potato every night?

Dont worry she shows up again but you'll have more cakes to choose from by then.

technically Rem doesn't need anything, Ram washes Rem even though it's not necessary and I doubt Subaru is allowed to do that

Ram only cleans Rem due to Subaru asking for it. His reasoning is that its an excersise so Rem wouldnt be forgotten by her own sister in a way. Subaru goes through the whole spectrum when taking care of Rem to be honest, from gaurding her body with his life to making a her a custom wheelchair with his own design and money to take her outside.

What's wrong with episode 16-25 that make everyone angry?

Wow that's amazing, how long did that take?

Sup Forums hates things that are popular. The amount of responses this thread has gotten should show you that. It's pretty good, not finished though.

Couple months or something

The general complaints are the pacing slowing down, it becoming fairly generically anime, whale taking too long, skipping the actual ending, that sort of thing.

As long as a year to as short as couple of months. Subaru participated in a war during this so its hard to tell.

>taking care of potato for a whole year even though "technically Rem doesn't need anything."
>sacrificing her own body to protect the potato lover for her sister.
>wanting to wake the potato up more than anyone else at the moment and will do everything to do so.
Ram would take better care of her sister than Barusu could really.

>are the pacing slowing down
What? Arc 2 was the the slowest part by far.

Ram wouldn't do shit since she forgot Rem.

Skipping so much shit and fucking up the ending by cutting it short. The real ending is much darker, since the end of arc 3 is where Subaru became a broken man.

Emilia is fucking tasty

Tell me more senpai

user you seem to forget that Subaru was the reason Ram was able to facilitate this in the first place, like I said in my previous post. Ram wouldnt do shit up until Subaru started asking and even begging to take care or at least look at Rem like a sister. Seriously, Subaru and Ram had literal fights over this.

What? No she didn't. She pretty immediately fell into a routine of looking after her. Its literally what she's doing right now after arc 4. She feels 'something' but can't place it and it frustrates her, but she's always drawn to Rem.

To add to this:
You do know all the points you made all apply to Subaru as well right? With the added bonuses of Subaru actually running around and WILLINGLY getting himself tortured to find a cure right? That and turning Ley into flesh paste.

Read arc 6 for fuck sakes, its even stated by the narraration itself.

Why are you trying to add to something that is flat out wrong? When both of them are frustrated both of them question the other's motivations, both of them do care about Rem. Subaru didn't have to 'fight' Ram to make her look after Rem or force her to do it, that's just stupid.

Quote me the arc 6 parts that talk about how Subaru has to force Ram to look after Rem because she doesn't care at all and never would if Subaru didn't apparently force her to.

Ram would be wholly devoted to her sister after she wakes up and protect her from "women’s harmful enemy" aka Subaru.

I'll even post the lines.

>Taking care of Rem’s body—-the Rem who had her name and memories eaten-was essentially unrelated to getting a reaction from her physical body. There was no real palpable practical reason for doing things like wiping her body and changing her clothes. The reason for doing such things was no more than to simply be able to occasionally comfort himself, being able to remind the people around her of her existence, not allowing it to be deserted.

Arc 6, Reason to bring you out.

See

Man, you sure showed me. That completely proves Ram cares nothing for her sister and Subaru is having to fight her every step of the way to get her to do anything. You can tell by all the lines where it mentions how much Subaru forces Ram to look after Rem and how much she hates it.

Doesn't mean Ram wouldn't have done it if Subaru didn't suggest it to Ram.

I never said Ram doesnt care for her sister. I did say that Subaru is responsible for facilitating that care. He is also responsible for having Ram come to consensus about her feelings for Rem. Because before this Ram thought of Rem as a necessary sacrifice for Roswaal for fuck sakes.

Protect her from the guy who saved her?

What's up with you idiots? Both, Subaru and Ram, care for Rem and want her to wake up. Arguing about who cares more is pretty dumb.

Ram quite literally wouldnt have done it. Early arc 4 Ram was such a cunt due to Roswaal. Read the series bro.

>Ram wouldnt do shit up until Subaru started asking and even begging to take care or at least look at Rem like a sister. Seriously, Subaru and Ram had literal fights over this.

>Because before this Ram thought of Rem as a necessary sacrifice for Roswaal for fuck sakes.
You're literally retarded. The only thing that comes up is that Ram is willing to be pragmatic where Rem is concerned where as before she would never be, basing the feelings off of herself. Rem and Ram would both be willing to die for the other, Rem repeatedly tries to do dangerous shit that could get her killed to keep Ram out of danger. Ram is the same way so her assumption of what Rem would want is not wrong, its just she would never allow Rem to do that normally. That's the part that's broken. And it has fucking nothing to do with Roswaal.

>Read the series bro
Back to you fuckass. Ram is currently sitting taking care of Rem while Subaru is running around the Milord manor memeflirting with Emilia and fucking around with Garf and Freddie. Subaru didn't fight her to do that, he didn't get into some big argument, she just started doing it because she wants to.

Cartainly not in arc 4-5. She haa only done anything regarding Rem in arc 6. Where Subaru and her butted heads with each other. It took an entire year for those feelings to reach her.

Give me evidence where Ram foes things to a degree Subaru does for Rem before arc 6. I'll be waiting.

Japs are pretty bad at making ending for their series
Please prove that I am wrong

How about you giving me some proofs that Ram didn't do shit for Rem before arc 6? As far as I know, she was staying at the mansion taking care of her dear sister while everyone else was having a trip to Priestella City in arc 5.

The sidestory has only mentioned Rem in the context of Ram, Subaru has ignored her completely in favor of playing with Emilia and meddling with the other siblings.

Now show me where Subaru got into a huge fight with Ram to force her to do that and where she says she didn't want to.

Subaru is running around doing training with Gaaf and Clind to be a more effective fighter, while earning money and spending quite literally half of his entire day taking care of Rem at night till morning. It became so routine that even Ram finds it odd in arc 6 when Subaru skipped Rem for one night not realizing that Subaru got memory loss.

Except that trip was Subaru participating in a fucking war he needed to go to.

Rem's time is night time, stop shitting on Subaru for spending time with others.

And as soon as he left Ram just took a load off and let Rem gather cobwebs because Subaru wasn't there to put a gun to her head and make her give a shit?

He didn't know the Witch Cult would jump him when he and his friends got to the city.

Oh sorry, now you care about representing people accurately? You don't seem to where Ram is concerned, continually saying she has to be forced to take care of Rem and that there are multiple fights Subaru had with her to make her do it.

>Now show me where Subaru got into a huge fight with Ram to force her to do that and where she says she didn't want to.

I'm not that user, I think you're both retarded but blaming Subaru for spending time with others and claiming he doesn't care about Rem even though he spends every night with her is dumb.

Who said Ram was forced? It seems like you're just trying to argue with people for the sake of arguing.

What is night till morning?
Also:

>Looking at Ram with disdain, Subaru seemed like he was unreasonably about to act like one of the troupe people, but when he remembered the place he was in he let go of his fist.

>[————]

>Only considering the ultimate results from doing all this, actions like Subaru making a speech and Ram taking care of her younger sister’s body, nothing really seemed to be indicative of moving forward. He didn’t stop people from taking actions that could be considered pointless, because he realized that even if people didn’t say it out loud, he knew that people still acknowledged the fact that their actions would not bring actual results.

>[Subaru: Isn’t about time for you to start feeling as if Rem is your real sister?]

>[————-]

>Subaru asked this question unexpectedly to Ram who, with her caring way of doing things, was looking at the figure of a sleeping Rem with her kindness. Even though Ram bravely took care of Rem, she had no memories of this girl who represented her other half. The girl was so similar to Ram that you couldn’t possibly claim that they were unrelated. But if you solely considered Ram’s true feelings about her, you could say that Ram’s relation to Rem was a weak one.

>Still, days like these passed by for a whole year. Even though she had lost her memories of Rem, it was possible for new, different ones to form. Perhaps now definite memories were taking form within Ram.

>[Ram: Earnest feelings aren’t things that sprout that easily. I still don’t have memories of her in me and I’ve never witnessed this girl in an awake state. Although I could imagine that she was probably someone of excellence and dignity, similar to myself.]

>[Subaru: Sure she was excellent but, I don’t really have any memory of her being that dignified. Rather, there was a lot of times where she would surprisingly be in such a hurry to the point of being reckless, causing me to worry.]

Done.

I recently finished it myself and I thought it was a 5/10. Was pretty boring with a few good-great parts