What went right?

What went right?

Almost every entry from these series got forgotten instantly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TRnAIbBORHE
learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/epigenetics/nutrition/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fun characters

cute girls

DAGA

Kurisu Makise happened.

they choose to adapt a Visual Novel that actually works as an anime.

The others were badly adapted

If the R;N vn ever gets translated, will it be worth the wait?
Or will a filthy eop like myself just be disappointed.

C;H adaptation was shit, R;N one was mediocre and C;C one was also bad. There's a huge amount of people not interested in playing the VNs and EOPs, so the amount of people left that can actually enjoy the series is very minimal in comparison.

it's the only good SciAdv anime.
in terms of VNs C;C is the best

>10/10 character design
>lovable characters with interesting personalities and arcs
>time travel mechanics are never violated
>clever integration of real world conspiracy theories and fringe / pseudoscience
>doesn't take place in a fucking highschool like the other entries

Steiner said that the ELITE was better, didn't he? I liked R;N, people just expected another S;G, but I thought it was very good even for the high school setting.

Yes, Elite chopped off some content to make the pacing better and added animated cutscenes.

Oh, I forgot to say it also improved the models.

Wonder If S;G ELITE will do the same, though I think it was ok as it is.

Having a bunch of college students and actual adults be the main cast is a nice change of pace.

It will feature major story revisions so I suppose it will fix some plotholes and maybe cut off some scenes, but I'm not sure. It will also have animated cutscenes like R;NE did. I just hope they don't change the sprites.

>plotholes
Such as?

Then we need a S;G 0 because the sprites were all over the place sometimes. huke is overrated anyway.

The only thing major is the whole deal with Luka, but I don't think that has a cure at all.

That's not a plothole, it's just extremely unlikely.

A baby changing sex because of a mothers diet is just unlikely? I could deal if they told her to focus on the days before ovulation to conceive a girl and even then it was stretching.

Luka is by far the most irrelevant character to the story, but the world "allowing" it to happen is kinda weird. Then again, so is Akiharaba's otaku culture.

youtube.com/watch?v=TRnAIbBORHE
>A massive World Line Divergence occurred in the year 2016, knocking the world off-course from the Steins Gate.
>Something in C;C caused the split. Since then, the fight against the Committee of 300 was postponed, they've been trying to return to SGWL.
Fuck you Steiner

Yeah. It's an incredible stretch, but it isn't actually a plothole. Personally I just think of it as an example of the Butterfly Effect and move on.

These.

>mfw when the movie is canon now

How does that make the movie canon?

Just bullshitting, bro. Relax.

This whole deal sounds so bad to me, there was no need to use WLs again and Okabe fucked up the potential for their time machine anyways.

Anime is fun but suffers from terrible animation as bad as Dragon Ball Super. VN + Audio CD's is proper experience.

Phew. I thought the announcement was somehow even worse than I'd previously thought.

>>time travel mechanics are never violated

I still don't understand how pushing the enter key to delete the entry from SERN's DB caused Reading Steiner to activate. I mean, they were deleting it in the present, and the rounders were already moving based on that information when the deletion happened.

Maybe I just missed something crucial, but it still puzzled me even after playing the VN.

They could fit it in and you know it. They just needed to rewrite some parts and make it an shitty after story.

If they add anthing to it, it'll be one of those Audio Novels as they make great sidestories and could be used to introduce Maho and the others to the original VN.

That's a bitch to understand. It was not the sending of the message by itself, it was Suzuha's first attempt to time travel as it changed completely what was supposed to happen that day.

They deleted the log from ECHELON before anyone from SERN actually checked it out, which means that they will never notice the FGL's experiments, nab Kurisu and complete a physical time machine in the 2030s. Since the Alpha attractor field can only exist if SERN establishes a dystopia using that machine, causing Suzuha to go back to 2010 and inadvertently stop Nakabachi's talk, the worldline shifts.

I honestly can't remember the in-game date when the deletion happened, but I was under the impression that it was pretty close to the lab attack. So the info had to have been passed down to the rounders by then, hadn't it? Or if not, then why did the worldline change without involving time travel?

Ah, so if they really deleted it before anyone else seeing it, then the trigger wasn't the deletion itself, but Suzuha's time travel in the far future, and given that she travels back before the deletion happened, the immediate Reading Steiner activation makes sense.

Thanks guys, though I'll have to pay attention to this when I'll play it again.

>I honestly can't remember the in-game date when the deletion happened, but I was under the impression that it was pretty close to the lab attack. So the info had to have been passed down to the rounders by then, hadn't it? Or if not, then why did the worldline change without involving time travel?
The deletion occurs moments after the sending, before ECHELON can analyze it.

This chain of events is by far the most complex part of the plot and it always come around when there's a serious discussion about S;G, so, don't mind it.

The only one which does is Robotics;Notes though.

What did Steiner do?

Yeah, I think the part that I got stuck on is that it's not the deletion activating Reading Steiner then, but rather Suzuha's future time travel.

Now there were a few other similar moments like this in Zero that I also didn't quite get, but now I'm sure there's an explanation for those as well.

It's pretty common for anons to get stuck on things like that.

So is this a true sequel to Steins;Gate? I'm confused.

It's like the S;G0 of R;N with Daru as MC.

>with Daru as MC
wow they really have no faith at all in the R;N cast

So what happened to Okabe and Kurisu? Also what's Steins;Gate Elite?

Nobody know what's happening with them. R;N DaSH undermines S;G anyway. Elite is a remake.

>>Almost every entry from these series got forgotten instantly.

By secondaries.

It'll also involve Chaos;Child. It'll finally be a proper cross-over.

The primary point of that was to illustrate the butterfly effect having indirect results that may not be a direct cause of what you changed. However, there is also possible epigenetic methods by which a child's sex is determined.

See: Agouti Methylation

Tu tu ru

user, she was already conceived. You seriously want to argue that vegetables would make a XY fetus suddenly become a XX fetus? So would vegetarians always have females?

It was shitty pseudoscience, no one doubts that.

This feels like a retcon of Steins;Gate time traveling mechanics, wouldn't they need someone with Reading Steiner to fix that issue and return to the Steins Gate world line?

You're thinking about it too much. It was a fun plot arc, I'm glad it was in the show.

The joke is that the viewer goes, "no way will vegetables actually change his sex."

And then Okabe gropes her, and behold he is now a she.

Fuck Chaos;* series, the whole gigalomaniac bullshit and di-swords were stupid as fuck.

Blame Chaos;Child.

>You seriously want to argue that vegetables would make a XY fetus suddenly become a XX fetus?

If you really want to act like sex is determined at the moment of conception and cannot be affected by pre-natal effects, then be my guest. I was encouraging you to read more on the topic so you could have a better understanding of it.

>So would vegetarians always have females?

That's a nice generalization, but that's not what the study was about and is not what it was positing.

learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/epigenetics/nutrition/

This was a fairly groundbreaking study that helped science move away from the idea that a child in the womb is completely isolated from the effects of the mother's dietary choices and hormonal balances other than in a few specific cases such as with drug abuse and alcoholism.

>It was shitty psuedoscience

Again, the original point of that dmail sequence was to illustrate unforseen consequences of the butterfly effect. Originally it was not claiming that the message actually had any effect, and that some other unknown roll of chance was what resulted in it. However, later studies show a possible mechanism by which diet -could- have influenced it, even though this wasn't the writer's intention.

Gigalomaniacs made for the most interesting themes in the series. Each installment deals with its protagonist losing his grip on reality and coming to see the world in a totally different way, and the concept of people who can change parts of reality at will made for the best exploration of that. But Di-Swords are excessive, I'll give you that.

Nobody said Daru somehow gained reading steiner.

Literally all you have to do is make Okabe call up Daru and frantically tell him that the worldlines changed and we need to do something about it and blah blah blah.

Then cue the same fucking story from the other Steins;Gate entries a third time except with Daru as the MC.

>Steins;* babbies believing their opinions matter anymore

Hope you enjoy Robotics;Notes 2: It's actually just Steins;Gate 1 again lol

I fail to grasp how Chaos;Child forces Chiyo to "retcon" anything when nothing is being retconned

Good main character
Intriguing plot with lots of cliffhangers
Realistic setting
Stereotypical but still entertaining supporting cast

And only a person with reading steiner can fix that conversion, it makes no sense to make Daru the MC. Why do you think Suzuha was so fucking pissed that Okabe just gave up in Gate of Zero? Only mr mad scientist can fix it.

>"It'll just be a cash in, it'll just be Steins;Gate 1 agin!!!"
>game releases and is nothing like Steins;Gate 1
>"WTF??? This is shit!!!"

It happened once with S;G0, it'll happen again with R;N2.

Remind me when Chaos;Head is as popular and successful as S;G.

They nuked the chicken tendies

>this salt

The world line mechanics is being retconned.

Stuck to the important parts of the VN and hit on them, while keeping fanservice/filler to a minimum

Steins;Gate 0 at least had a purpose. Who wouldn't wanna see Okabe suffer in the beta worldline? It also elaborately explains how Okabe got the video from himself.

R;N DaSH just feels thrown in. Almost like Chiyo wanted to cash in on more Steins;Gate money without having to actually write yet another Steins;Gate entry, but instead just let Steins;Gate hijack R;N.

Also, don't even try to cherrypick shitposts. This isn't Sup Forums.

The plot and characters start progressing at episode 1 instead of dicking around for 2-3 episodes about meaningless bullshit.

I understand the mixed feelings of S;G 0 as it maybe wasn't exactly a story that HAD to be told, but gave light into a lot of the depths of S;G.

Maybe someone else created an Phone Microwave. Dunno I haven't read C;C.

Like I said, just cue the same story, but with Daru's POV. All you have to do is have Daru do his hacking and engineering work and then let Okabe do what he does.

Sure, it's dumb to have Daru as the MC when you have to explain the worldlines shifting, but it's not hard to get around as long as Okabe is communicating to Daru the fact that the worldlines are changing and they gotta go back to the Steins;Gate worldline again.

>Almost like Chiyo wanted to cash in on more Steins;Gate money without having to actually write yet another Steins;Gate entry

It's strange isn't it? Yet, this DaSH project was planned from all the way back when fucking Phenogram was a thing. I really don't know what to make of it until we get more information about how Daru is supposed to play this role.

Nah, bro. I actually read it, though my background is not as developed in the area as it could. But the great thing about S;G is how well developed the sci-fi is and to me Luka adds nothing but a flaw in something that would be nearly perfect. Yes, there are other absurd points, but the are played so well and Luka's just don't deliver it, unfortunately. Luka is S;G's Jun.

I have nothing against Luka, actually he should have been more plot relevant as S;G0 tries to do and then forgets him, but anyway. I don't think his plot point doesn't sum up well enough to the plot, but then again it's anime/manga/VN.

No, they're not. Quit pulling shit out of your ass. Nothing has implied that the mechanics are being retconned.

Chaos;Head was great and the di-swords kind dumbed it down, but it was a great thriller anyway.

>But the great thing about S;G is how well developed the sci-fi is and to me Luka adds nothing but a flaw in something that would be nearly perfect.

Oh, if that was your problem with Luka then I agree completely. Even in 0 it felt like a half hearted attempt.

The fuck? S;G0 was a meandering spin-off which mostly just compiled other alreday released content. It served no purpose other than to just expand on one aspect of Steins;Gate's lore.

R;N DaSH is an actual continuation that fleshes out the Anti-Committee meta narrative of the series overall, something the series has been building up sicne the original R;N released in 2012.

S;G0 ended up being a great story in its own right, but it definitely doesn't "have a purpose" in a way R;N DaSH doesn't.

I loved the mystery/horror aspect of C;H. Didn't care much about the disword shit but the rest of it was fucking great.

I'm gonna love the shit out of C;C and you can't stop me.

They bring up the butterfly effect right before they send his D-Mail. It's pretty obviously just demonstrating that. I do agree that it's a small blemish though.

>it makes no sense to make Daru the MC.
Actually, in both S;G and S;G0 he was one of the major driving forces indirectly, the story would just not roll without him and it was already established how important he was in R;N; Have him in a story that should tie up some of the stories is nothing but natural as he is common in both.

Daru is a weirdo and oneofus, but he has a personality and is the best supporting cast in the SciAdv series as long as we consider the plot alone and many like him.

Is Chaos;Head worth the read? I enjoyed reading Steins;Gate well enough, but the whole reality manipulation subject is one I've always been interested in.

Just fucking do it.

Yeah, but that's the thing. Faris' change was incredible well executed, especially in the anime with Toki Tsukasadoru Juuni no Meiyaku starting early, it was definitely one of the best scenes of the anime. Luka's was just just meh.

Yes, it start's slow but when it gets traction it become one hell of a great ride.

>All this new shit
>Antimatter committee stays dead
Just fuck my shit up senpai

Yes. Though, C;H was Chiyo's very first work so it will be a bit rough around the edges. It's still an excellent piece that illustrates how well he crafts atmosphere and suspense while combining it with science. Committee of Zero is still working on their Chaos;Head Noah patch. Project Blue Sky recently fixed longstanding problems with the original patchwork translation. Now's a good time to experience it.

>e was one of the major driving forces indirectly
Him creating the time machine, leading the resistence and raising Suzuha was pretty direct.

I understand your point, but they don't have to write another GUYS WE GOTTA GO TO STEINS GATE story yet again. Moreover, steiner already points out that this story is about them having to return to the SG worldline before they can return to fighting the committee.

If this was truly continuing the anti-committee meta storyline as you suggested, then they'd write a story that actually progresses the storyline.

I just wanted to see some Okabe being happy with friends and Kurisu in the S;G timeline
It's that much to ask?

As much as I like the artist, the plot seemed to be underwhelming with the classic Japanese "let's not develop relationships".

>the plot seemed to be underwhelming with the classic Japanese "let's not develop relationships".
Funny, the only reason I was hyped for it was the ruse I read somewhere, of their relationship actually developing from 2010 and their way of doing it with the distance and the such

steiner's twitter says this is not a continuation of R;N (meaning this can't be a continuation of the story either) and that the anti-committee stuff is being put on hold until the worldline is fixed

Yes, but that's in S;G alone, in R;N he appears again and is pivotal to the last battle and S;G0 hints some major thing with him but never delivers.

Chaos;Head is good but Chaos;Child is even better. Can't wait for you EOP faggots to finally read it because it's really fucking good.

>getting to Steins Gate didn't actually fix anything
>Suzuha's back for some reason
>Okabe and Kurisu's relationship has gone nowhere
>those awful designs for the cast

I'm glad it died.

Would you say wait for the Noah patch, then?

Daru is very important, he's Kyouma's "My Favorite Right Arm" but guess who Lab Mem #001 is? The mad scientist who longs for chaos and change the ruling structure of the world? The one who posses the magic eye, Reading Steiner!