Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Story time

Stay a while and listen to a good story, Sup Forums

I'm now going to be dumping my translation and typeset for the first chapter of Kusuriya no Hitorigoto.

This is amateur work. My Japanese is not the best and I basically had to follow a guide on editing manga because I'm not very experienced but I hope you can still enjoy the story.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakitori
lmgtfy.com/?q=wasei eigo purin
dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/195860/meaning/m0u/
ejje.weblio.jp/content/プリン
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Double page cover 1/2

Double page cover 2/2

Cute 'normal' girl.

Thanks user

This is normal in japan

>kushiyaki is a generic term for skewered and grilled meat and vegetables

This is "TL note: Keikaku means plan" levels of translating.

Don't be mean it's ops first time

The retard should have listened to the letter

I know, and he actually has done a pretty damn good job from what I can tell on a so far intriguing manga, but we have a word for that TL note. It's a shishkebab. You can buy that at almost any American grocery store, and I know they're popular in Europe too. Constructive criticism never hurt.

I don't think it's relatable since that is food name and doesn't really have an English equivalent, plus not everyone knows kushiyaki. Keikaku has an English equivalent and had 0 need for something like this.

But if you think it's the same that's your right I guess.

>I don't think it's relatable since that is food name and doesn't really have an English equivalent

See . It's literally a shishkebab, or just kebab for short. But like I said, otherwise you did really well for your first time, I was just busting your nuts.

So you're saying that a Japanese peasant could really go for a food from the middle-east with an Arabic name?

No wonder she's so much more learned than the rest of the cast.

Not gonna lie I had never heard of shishkebab before. Ignorance is a sin.

Hey OP, does this go full shojo? I like it so far but I am worried about the turn it will take.

>Shish kebab or Seekh kebab is a popular meal of skewered and grilled cubes of meat. The word kebab denotes a wide variety of different grilled meat dishes. Shish kebab is popular in the whole of Asia.

It's cool OP, at least you didn't kill a baby.

Well they don't really specify this was Japan. Maybe in this world middle eastern food is sold in the country

Yeah, it's not Japan nor China. It's just a fantasy country in a fantasy world.

Stop discussing and upload faster cuck.

>"asia"
Only if you are a political correct britbong who calls pakistani rapists "asians".

>imminent cock reveal

Whoa Sup Forumsnon, take it easy.

Sup Forums please leave

I would advise taking your time and enjoying because I have no idea when we are getting a second chapter.

Also, there's no guarantee a scene group will pick this up.

Japan has a shishkebab variant you fucking moron, or is Japan no longer in Asia?

How long did it take you to read nip? Between several dropped series and the Stars Chronicles novels not being translated I am thinking of learning. Sick of waiting for others to translate for me.

No, cultural marxist leave.
This has nothing to do with kebab. Stop trying to spread muslim culture into everything.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakitori

>I assume I'm going to be fucked now
lewd

>meat and vegetables on a stick
>literally the definition of shishkebab
>"HUUUUUUR IDS TOTALEE DIFFERENT"

Sup Forums stay in your containment pit. Or at least have the decency to not spew your raw sewage when you leave.

L-lewd. I think I'm in love with servant girl.

If I said I can read nip people would assume I have no difficulty and don't constantly need a dictionary. That would be false.

I can "read" but it's an effort. I need to check words constantly and sometimes I'm utterly defeated by stupid sentences that make no sense.

To answer your question though, I have like 6 months of experience only.

No, it doesn't. It has a type of skewered food that is not kebab. Not every meat on a stick is called "kebab".

I remember when (you)(?) posted the raw of this a few days ago, OP. Thanks for translating, looks interesting.

It is when you're American.

Oh yeah the top part of this page was completely fucking butchered by me. Not entirely sure on how to proceed on text that is not on a bubble.

Yeah that was me. At the time I posted the TL script too so someone people have already read it. I'm just posting the full job now.

>shishkebab is meat and vegetables on a stick
>meat and vegetables on a stick is shishkebab
Are you honestly stupid?

I see. Looks like I'd need to invest a couple years minimum to handle something with so many technical terms like Banner of the Stars, what a shame. Is kanji as hard as they say?

Are they going to reveal what the fuck she did in terms of actually diagnosing the problem?

Fuck off. Does a nun wear a hijab?
Kebab is a type of skewered food from a specific cultural background and kushiyaki is a different type of skewered food from a totally different culture and part of the world. The two are not interchangeable.

Freckles are my fetish.

The whole purpose of translation is to translate the meaning of the phrase. This doesn't end at literally conveying the exact thing that's said; you also have to convey what the native-speaker would infer from reading it, and not convey what he wouldn't.

If you're using an obscure word of foreign origin with different connotations just because it's technically a word for the thing being described, you are fucking it up.

The native-speaker would not infer that she was off to the local ghetto for some food outwith the local cuisine, which is what using that word erroneously implies, and he would not infer that she could also get a donner or a shaslik from the same place, because though the dish is the same, the *cuisine* isn't, and the distinction is important. What the line is really doing is quickly establishing her socioeconomic background, and it's more important to translate what it says about her than find a clever word for the exact composition of her lunch.

Relatedly, we don't translate プリン as Crème Caramel (nor ギガプリン as Crème Caramel Giga-Enourme), even though anyone familiar with their food knows what a crème caramel is and that's what a purin actually is, and (by your argument) what we should be doing.

Thanks op
You are a swell guy

It was probably lead poisoning. It was an issue that took people till 50 years ago to realize

He's just being a faggot, don't bother.

>don't call it kushiyaki, call it shishkebab!
>don't call it a meat pasty, call it an empanada!
>don't call it nikujaga, call it beef stew!

>プリン as Crème Caramel
Isn't that supposed to be "pudding"?

Kanji is not really hard, it's just that there are a lot of them.

In the end it's just a matter of having vocabulary.

Thank you OP ! Too bad I don't think every chapter will be translated, but atleast I had fun reading this 1st chapter.

Unlike the Sup Forums retard flipping his shit about his conspiracy shit, you make a fair point and I concede that you are right.

I don't even know what you guys are fighting about anymore.

You guys are complete losers arguing about OP translating kebab or skewered veggies. Hes doing a good job, if it bothers you so much change it yourself.

>Ash, do you want a jelly doughnut?
I wonder if he is one of these people that call all guns glocks?

>Kanji is not really hard, it's just that there are a lot of them.
>In the end it's just a matter of having vocabulary.

I see. Last question: how have you been learning? Is there a particularly good program or book out there I should look into?

lmgtfy.com/?q=wasei eigo purin

Oh boy it's almost over.

This is it senpais. Story time is over, I sincerely hope you all enjoyed it.

Thanks op

Thanks user, it was fun

I liked it, thanks OP.

Sad to see it end, it was very cute. Thanks OP.

Thanks for the work, OP. I enjoyed it.
Still curious as what direction it'll take: harem climbing and romance or just adventures of ghetto doctor?

>Does a nun wear a hijab?
You made my day, user.

Look for a thread called djt on /jp/ and read the OP, they have a guide and stuff.

If you are determined then I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks, OP!

sorry the thread turned out bad user. this is a really neat manga and a good translation/typeset for an amateur effort, i appreciate the work you put into it. thanks!

Op if this is the only chapter your translating I'm gonna try and spread it around and hope some group picks it up

Based.

>just adventures of ghetto doctor?

Hopefully that. There's enough harem/romance shit out there.

Thanks, I'll check it out. Who knows, maybe in a while I can translate the shit I am pissed was dropped.

I wouldn't know. This manga chapter just now covered 5 chapters from the novel. Currently I'm at chapter 4.

So I actually spoiled myself a bit when I translated this.

They did a really lazy job making her look "plain".

how intricate does a plain character's design have to be to look plain to you user

dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/195860/meaning/m0u/
ejje.weblio.jp/content/プリン
>pudding (especially custard pudding)