>Stab a kid's dad
>Kid watches you so you stab him
>Grab his hand to comfort him
>"Hey I'm here"
What the fuck, Guts

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=db9szDf3Bcs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Guts is a softie and things would be different around here if he were my dad.

Look, nobody ever said Guts was a nice guy...

What he did was kind in context but incredibly fucking weird.

I think the idea was that he was supposed to have not realised who was seeing him, blindly charged them, and then realised it was a kid afterwards. Sorta poorly paced in the adaptation.

Guts was against the plan from the beginning. He prefers to face enemies face to face but hey anything for Griffith.
During the whole ordeal you can see him tense as fuck, so of curse his first thought after realizing that someone saw him killing the guy is to eliminate the witness before it calling the guards. Only later he realizes it was just a kid.

I can't believe that people are this fucking dense.

I'm mostly irked by how he went about comforting the kid.

"Hey I'm here" is more for "Hey, I'm here it's going to be okay" but it came out "Hey I fucking killed you and your papa but I'm here". Should've just apologized.

Griffith is the literal devil you retard

He just said "hey".

What the fuck was his problem?

That's better, a lot less awkward.

kek'd

#justice4DanandEarl

Manga doesn't translate so well to anime, and I'm not just talking about dialogues.

comes across almost the same

but it should be awkward, he just accidentally murdered a young boy and he's face to face with him, he's conscience in this moment and there isn't a proper response to murdering a little kid.

I want to read it but I can't find any place to download the Dark Horse scans.

Try Madokami or BakaBT if you have an account.

mega.nz/#F!7tIGXRTb

pass/key: !ZzzBevslCYNdOZqMoV4Hfg

all the dark horse scans.

>BakaBT account is inactive now
Aw.

>finished Berserk Musou
>mfw ending cutscene is the boat setting sail

He honestly didn't think it was a kid was watching.

You are my savior, thanks man, would had stayed up all night looking for places to download it.

>tfw like musou but finding berserk far more bland than other musou games, despite loving berserk

don't think I will finish it.

Dude sent in a literal berserk to assassinate somebody. Instead of the guy with actual experience at being a sneaky fuck, who could kill with a throwing knife from the window and disappear into the night.

I was thinking the same thing. Like sending your exam to the wood chipper because you misspelled a word.

Guts was his most trusted commander. Also probably figured he could just fight his way out in case things went to shit

mfw Guts will never break into my castle and kill my dad

I need a good chuckle does anyone have the pic where user is going to sudoku and guts just got off the boat

why did they cut him from the 97 anime and movies?

He was a cock but to be perfectly honest he really hit the nail on the head with some of the really harsh shit he said to Guts. I think that's the main reason why Guts always took his shit talking without getting confrontational, because he knew in many ways he wasn't wrong.

Yeah. I bet Guts felt really bad when he came back after one year and after the Eclipse because of Corkus' words.

He's way too intense for anime, Wyald goes hard as fuck.

Corkus was more or less a normal person. Not everyone can have grand dreams like Griffith or be self-sustained just through living by the sword like Guts. Corkus came from nothing, a band of thieves, and found himself a noble title. He was finally getting the respect that he always wanted. I think he couldn't understand how someone like Guts could take that achievement for granted and abandon it to the wayside.

Because his arc was by and away the worst part of golden age and was easily cut without missing any significant plot development. 99% edgy gore fanservice

I was fine with them cutting Wyald out of the 97 anime. I never felt like his whole arc really added much to the story, it was just a bunch of edgy shit before the eclipse that made for some weird pacing. I think the manga would have been better off without Wyald anyway.

no

Why is Guts so pretty?

Nothing. Dude was a great fucking character.

he REALLY wanted to make sure he was dead
also, he has a little smirk when he hears that guts killed the kid at well, that could have been part of his keikaku all along

Guts killing the kid doesn't help Griffith at all. I interpreted the smile as Griffith not giving a shit about the collateral victim, highlighting the difference between Guts and him.

except it does because the kid would eventually inherit all his stations

He wasn't old enough, was he? If this is the case then Griffith might have seen that as a bonus, but there's no way he could've relied on Guts fucking up and killing the kid by mistake

Arcs like his only help reinstate the assumption that Berserk is a generic edgy rape and gorefest (which it is)

Adonis would be the next in line before Charlotte.

It's specifically mentioned that Griffith accounts for fucking everything when planning his missions. He wanted the kid dead, without the consequences of ordering one of his men to kill an innocent child.

more like he couldn't request the assassination of a child of guts and was pleased with the unexpected result. Griffith's plan was to eliminate every member of the remaining dynasty so he could take control

Cuz he was raped as a kid

That would be alright if it just stuck to that and that only, but then you got characters like Puck and the Pirates who just shift the tone to fucking slapstick in the middle of tense momments.

Series Berserk is incredibly odd to me, one minute monsters are raping women left right and center and onlookers are watching as guts cuts horses and knights in half then the next minute you got cutesy shit between the two fairies, the monkey kid and witch.

this was done great in the 90s anime though

Essentially a normalfag.

Griffith is shit at strategy though. In the best case he got lucky it worked, in the worst case it was a total coincidence.

To add to this, Guts saw a mirror of him and his father in Adonis and Julius. He sympathised with the boy the moment he saw him.
Killing Adonis was basically killing his young innocent self and turning into the monster he saw in Gambino. Probably one of the saddest moments in the series.

He never got caught up in all the Guts and Griffith admiration hysteria.
He always knew when they were at fault and wasn't afraid to say so.

>"Hey, my name's Guts..."
>"So what's your favorite dinosaur?"

Does anyone feel like the armor is being overused too much?
I liked it better when Guts was just your average superhuman.

FUCK, i need chapter 351 now

True. It's not like Guts needed it, either.

>"hey".
, LISTEN!

that part made it seem more like fuckin one piece, i hate that

Wow this is great

Thanks

I loved Puck at the start of the series, but the fucking current chestnut Puck is the worst part of the series now.

He can't turn back time. It was his immediate reaction and way to express his utmost regret of killing a child, whom he even related with, for having a tough childhood.

Not necessarily in Gambino. Gambino was tough and cruel, yet Guts still bears regret for killing him from the flashbacks we have seen. Gambino helped create him and taught the thing that defines Guts the most (the way with the sword). He likens himself to a true monster after he assassinates Adonis, and the reference he had at the time was Zodd. In that figure he sees the monster killing both Gambino (which he did), and himself in his childhood. Then he sees himself as the Zodd shaped monster. Very symbolic moment of Guts character.

He's the reader insert character.

He doesn't add much to the Golden Age arc itself. His appearance is more to properly introduce apostles (aside from Black Swordsman arc), which the adaptations don't gain anything from, since they've all ended at the Eclipse.

It was a good fight but it did kind of spoil the "what the fuck" factor of the eclipse a little bit.

do people have a thing against Hawks' scans?

And even if nobody saw Guts's face during his escape. His weapon of choice and fighting style is pretty much a dead giveaway. No one else use that giant sword but him.

Fixed a little in the movie version. He use normal longsword in this job.

youtube.com/watch?v=db9szDf3Bcs

The translation is unbelievably dog shit

In a sense I guess it foreshadows it some. Its not completely out of left field.

Though I guess if you are reading the manga, its already not out of left field since you read the first 3 volumes of guts killing apostles before the flashback

Guts regretting the worse thing he did for griffith. It was a great scene.

This. A better question is what the fuck was Griffith thinking.

Judeau would have been the more logical choice.

He didn't trust Judeau. He trusted Guts more than anybody, especially with super shady stuff.
But yeah the fact that Guts was the only one he truly trusted affected his judgement.

>one of the volumes is over 700mb

How is that not complete overkill for whatever these scans are.

This confuses me.
If all the apostles, godhand, and monsters in the series are actually humans, who is the main monster of the series?

>who is the main monster of the series?
Humanity
Just kidding it's the idea of evil

>Just kidding it's the idea of evil
The idea of evil just gives the people what they want. The people want a reason for their suffering, it gives them a reason. The people want a savior, it gives them a savior. The blame still lies with humanity.

Thanks lad

the problem is the enemies hes facing are no longer human or even entry level demons, they have gotten so freakishly strong that one strike from them kills waves of people. How can he possibly fight a battle to defend people if he will die in one hit?

He's the "voice of reason" character.

WE DONĀ“T TALK
ABOUT THE DRAGON

He also wanted to shield his people from the more questionable things he had to do. He didn't want Casca and co. to know when he was selling himself to fund their army and similarly, he didn't want them to know how cut throat the situation was at the court.

Puck was always shit and useless, user. He's only in the series because Miura liked drawing little loli/shota bodies.

This scene made me feel bad for guts. You knew that he didn't want to do it and that he felt bad about it.