Dragon Ball Super

Who else needs to conquer their desires?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hRFDY_jroM4&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=9JSS_bq4hrU&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What did Puar to deserve that?

Dragon Ball Super Kai

i'll help you all get started

Remember to worship the mouse god for a chance of cheese in the morning!

Fuck off Ted Cruz, I still ain't gonna vote for your rat-ass.

The difference between Bardock and Beerus is Toriyama had virtually no input on Bardock's appearance or character, and only tossed him in because he enjoyed the movie.

Beerus was changed in his entirety and everything about him other than the name alone was made by Toriyama. If I named some fat black cartoon character charlie and then someone else came along and changed everything about Charlie, lets say changed into a purple skinny cat man, and the personality and character were changed in its entirety, then Charlie is no longer my fucking character. It's just a character who shared a name with my idea. The two Dennis the Menace's are more similar than Beerus is to his original idea. How fucking stupid can you be?

The manga and anime are like 90% the exact same thing. It's just the little details that are different and it's those little details fans like us really pay attnetion to.

We need a new Databook or something to come out and establish whether the Manga or the Anime is the actual sequel

I don't understand the analogy.

What the fuck are you talking about? Have you even read Dragon Ball Minus? Toriyama changed the crap out of Bardock.

>Beerus was changed in his entirety
>Except his name and his Job Description
So then he wasn't changed in his entirety then was he, retard?

Is Batman Christopher Nolan's Character? Is Superman Zack Snyder's?

No. They aren't. The original conception of the character isn't Toriyama's. Yes, he messed with it and changed it, no that doesn't somehow mean he came up with the original idea for the character by any fucking means.

Beerus wasn't created by Toriyama. He simply wasn't. That's fact. This isn't up for debate.

El Rato is (or was) one of Ted Cruz' nicknames.

Holy shit, we haven't had an actual lore-filled databook at all for DBS, haven't we?

Sure we had the 30th Anniversary Book, but that's already 2 years obsolete, and was more of a retrospect than an encyclopedia. Plus there's still all of the time patrol vs time breaker lore with in recent games such as Online, Xenoverse and Heroes.

WE NEED A SUPER DAIZENSHUU!!!

I miss him so much

When will they show the other competitors from Universe 6 or give them screen time? Who will be the last 3 for Universe 6 not yet revealed?

We really, really do. It would kill some of this unhealthy debate.

And all we need is Toriyama to tell us which version he likes best, Manga or Anime, to end this fucking canon debate.

Considering U6 got it's own Tournament arcs ago, not for a while.

Friendly reminder Roshi didn't really overcome his desires and will be replaced by Yamucha.

So Toyo telling us the manga is based on Tori's outline is new information how again?

So, to be clear, we need Akira Toriyama to tell us which he prefers, or which he believes is more accurate.

This is Toyo telling us to read his manga.

They'd be better off with Mr Satan

>Is Batman Christopher Nolan's Character? Is Superman Zack Snyder's?
Christopher Nolan has 100% say on what his version of Batman can do, because even though it's Batman it's his god damn version of Batman.

For a better example though, let's say there's someone different, Smistopher Molan. Smistopher Molan likes Batman, so he makes a character named Batman, (legally allowed in this instance) except this Batman is 1000 years in the future and is a fucking dogman for some reason, and instead of being a hero he's a villain, with a different outfit too made by Mr. Molan.

The original creator of Batman no longer has any say on this character or what it can do that would supersede what Molan says this Batman can do, because at this point even though the original concept was vaguely used it's Molan's fucking character now. Would you say the character of Thor in Marvel doesn't belong to Jack Kirby and Stan Lee? I'm not talking about Norse mythology, I'm talking specifically about Thor as he's represented in Marvel. And I'm talking about Beerus as he's specifically represented in Super and BoG.

>Akira Toriyama, the original author, commented that, “I was wanting to keep this old series alive and kicking even in the modern day with help from Shueisha’s excellent staff, so for me this team is dependable and a real godsend. It’d really be great if this way I won’t have to do anything!!!!”
>No mention of Toei whatsoever
JUST

This is why Shueisha made the Dragon Room.

Shame it couldn't have been made before the Black arc though.

Is there a webmfriend that can splice this trailer?

youtube.com/watch?v=hRFDY_jroM4&feature=youtu.be

15sec cut version here if this is simpler.

youtube.com/watch?v=9JSS_bq4hrU&feature=youtu.be

The character of Thor does belong to Stan Lee and Kirby. The concept of original idea of Thor does not. They didn't came up with the idea of a God of Thunder, they took an already established character and gave it their twist.

Thor wouldn't be an original creation by them.

except this Batman is 1000 years in the future and is a fucking dogman for some reason, and instead of being a hero he's a villain, with a different outfit too made by Mr. Molan.

Mr. Molan's Batman is a terrible version, but he still didn't invent Batman.

Barry Allen is The Flash, created by Robert Kanigher and Infantino. But Robert and Infantino did not create The Flash. The Flash existed years before as Jay Garrick, a completely different character. The Flash is not their character, it never will be. They were not the original creators.

I want Caulifla to dominate Gohan

This topic originally started because you're arguing against Toriyama's words being canon, particularly in regards to how powerful Beerus is supposed to be, or if you want me to be so specific, the version of Beerus made for Battle of Gods and used in Super. You also questioned whether or not Toriyama wrote the entire film, when Toriyama wrote the god damned screenplay for it.

Do you still argue Toriyama's words regarding Beerus as a character and in terms of strength, specifically in Battle of Gods, Resurrection of F, and Super, wouldn't supersede statements or depictions by other people who had nothing to do with the "current" depiction of Beerus made by Toriyama?

Friendly reminder that Frieza will destroy Cuckpup at the tournament

Cuckpup who?

Do not bully him

No, that's not how this started. This started because you think
>Toriyama's words
Are in the movie but somehow not in the anime and manga.

Toriyama wrote the movie. Have you read a screenplay? Dialogue is often written as

[Goku and Vegeta begin to argue]
[Whis tells a joke]

and so on. You act like the Movie somehow has more involvement from Tori than the anime or the manga. It doesn't. It didn't.

>questioned whether or not Toriyama wrote the entire film
No I absolutely did not. This is just a fabrication. I questioned the fact you seem to think he animated and wrote the entire fucking thing. He didn't. A director always has more say in a film than Toriyama. Toriyama didn't direct the film. Original concepts like SSG and Beerus, a god of destruction were not his ideas, they did not originate from Toriyama. Yes, Toriyama drastically changed them, that doesn't mean he came up with the original concept or idea.

For instance, the bingo scene was likely written as:

[ Vegeta does something embarssing to distract Beerus ]

which is why it's different in the anime, film, and manga.

a jobber furry

Friendly reminder Son Goku is Muslim

how well will Piicolo do in the tournament

With all this canon debate it's easy to forget the original DBZ anime was just as different than it's Manga as Super. Maybe even more different in areas.

Then why he befriends a pig?

This guy draw well.

Also delinquent vegeta from his fan made comic is funny

Cell will be back you guys

>>Toriyama's words
>Are in the movie but somehow not in the anime and manga.
Yes, and we can generally discern that by what's not in either the manga or the anime, such as Super Saiyan Rage not being in the manga or Vegeta not using SSG in the anime. Except for when we KNOW the anime didn't follow what's canon, such as pic related.

The original argument was how close Frieza was in power, and the statement that SSG making Beerus use 70% of his power was retconned because of the anime, when the anime doesn't mean shit compared to official statements by Toriyama since we know the anime can deviate from Toriyama's canon now.

Toei has already been put into place by Shueisha/Jump.

here user have a bigger one

That's the spirit

Hi

thanks user

Reminder that Son Goku is beautiful.

hi

Son Goku is fucking ugly.

Reminder that Son Goku is beautiful

MAI

he surely is

so is he kaioshin attendant or what

>Handing your only friend over to an old man to get raped until the old man can bring himself to stop

What the hell Yamcha.

No, to become a disciple you need a ritual that's a "day long".
Gohan only got a 5 hour dance.

I miss when Gohan looked like that

Reminder that Yamcha's VA recorded a lot of lines for upcoming episodes
Reminder that the leaks were fake
U6's last member will be a U6 human

so Trunks is kaioshin attendant but didn't get a powerup

got ot

>U6's last member will be a U6 human
I actually want this now

The manga contradicts toriyama's interviews by reintroducing SSJG which he outright stated wasn't necessary because Goku absorbed its power in BoG.

Also the way the manga establishes power relationships don't support the notion of either Goku or Vegeta being close to Beerus in power individually.

The only character that's compared to Beerus in strenght is Vegetto, but he gets a very vague "he MIGHT be stronger" statement, when we know for a fact Fusion of characters of that level would completely overshadow Beerus, unless toriyama is retarded and forgot how much of a boost fusion actually is.

Satan

so when will the next movie come out and who is the main villain of it?

You realize what I'm basically trying to get at at this point is simply that Toriyama's statements are canon. The anime vs manga debate is something else entirely. I'm simply saying that if Toriyama said that Beerus is a 10 to SSG Goku's 6, and Beerus used 70% of his power when fighting Goku, and SSB is stronger than SSG, and Golden Frieza is stronger than SSB, then Frieza became close enough to Beerus in power in what was only the span of 4 months. You can't fucking deny that without some serious mental gymnastics.

In a lot of scenes in super he's basically vegeta with slightly different hair.

>yfw the next movie will be a movie version of the tournament of power

>The manga contradicts toriyama's interviews by reintroducing SSJG which he outright stated wasn't necessary because Goku absorbed its power in BoG.
Just because he absorbed the power of SSG doesn't randomly make the concept of going Red all by himself contradictory.

Will Cabba achieve some sort of power up before the tourney?

Slow tonight, huh?

It would be a shame if evil were afoot.

So I'm evil, huh?

You fucking bastard, you are ALREADY DEAD.

Toriyamas statement was based on the BoG movie.
He later stated in a different interview that there are no plans for Vegeta and Goku to surpass Beerus.

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU MUST DO, JIREN

IT'S THE ONLY WAY THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THIS MENACE

YOU MUST RAPE THE GOKU

... What the fuck.

Honestly, the fusion ability could easily be hard-limited with a power ceiling.

Isn't that what time-limits are for?

>Only friend

Come on, Yamcha isn't a complete loser. His friends like him...as friends. As a martial artist? Eh...

Still, Krillin is practically his best friend besides Puar. When Yamcha died, it gave Krillin an anger boost, killing all the Saibaman except one. He trained with him since Krillin was 13 after all, and for a longer time than Goku.

You mean Yamcha, right?

We will ever get a Dragon Ball Super Kai? An anime that follows the manga closer?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT

I'd love if planet Sadal would move to Universe 7. Vegeta and Torankusu at last would be able to rule Sayians and shit.

>he doesn't know that aliens, accordig to Koran, cannot be muslims

>Vegeta
>Torankusu
So you can't say Trunks but Bejita is just not Japanese enough?

It's fucking Trunks and Vegeta, we are speaking english, spell it that way. There's no need to Romanize when the translation exists.

No.

Well yeah, it just so hillariously stupid, it's hard not to use it.

I thought Bejita was a chicano thing.

so whos #10

cuckdom101

That's fajita

>Vegito
I'm still pissed

Yamcha or Hit

So what are some changes the manga will make?

Buu isn't going to fall asleep, someone's going to seal him again somehow. Calling it right the fuck now. Screencap this.

I really don't want to hate on Super, I started with the movies and watched until Black. But this show is just bad.

I do recognize that Toriyama is a shounen grand master but Oda and Kishimoto have surpassed him.

Oda absolutely.

But, as a pretty huge fan of Naruto, Kishimoto really didn't surpass him. Oda imitates but evolved the work, Kishi blatantly copies the formula. The fact a good fourth of the show is literally one fight in the War isn't a good thing, and as the series progresses it loses some of it's personality.

I think Super just suffers from diminishing returns. It's like the movie Aliens. Aliens wrote the book on action movies and sci-fi space marines, but by today's standards it seems generic and stale. That's because a million other people have copied the shit out of it.

Still, if Black didn't hook you it's best to drop it. Try the manga.

Kubo, on the hand, Jedi Mind-tricked us all into think Bleach was going anywhere

>being this fucking new