Is fad-chasing a new phenomenon?

Is fad-chasing a new phenomenon?

Why didn't isekai get retardedly popular back when this series was huge?

The mains in all the old isekai series were average Joes or honorfags.

Needed more hikkitakuNEETs

>Is fad-chasing a new phenomenon?
No you fucking retard, fads have been around for as long as there have been people with time on their hands

This. You couldn't hope to catch the otaku audience with the protagonists of yore.

>hikkitakuNEETs
They're never real otaku NEET hikkis, otherwise they would spend a few hours in a cave crying and hiding from everything until they died of starvation. The few who actually have some skill would be raping everything they could get their hands on. There's no such thing as a moralfag NEET in real life.

Is she eating a screwdriver?

because even normalfags know that Louise is shit

>isekai were an edgy otaku uses his skills to take over the world and become the demon lord

I want this.

Those anons are right though, moralfags are fucking boring. Problem is, anime still uses them, a lot. They're always whiteknights/moralfags, the only slightly less than moralfag main character in a popular anime was Kazuma, and even he only just had an abrasive personality.

only the anime version of her

you expect normalfags to read light novels?

A flat character is boring, regardless of how much they make you feel like you could be a badass in the Matrix.

The vast majority of main characters in these series are safe audience cyphers, and that's why they're boring. Hyper edge is a novelty because it's the simplest change to a safe, generic archetype, as are hyper protective motherfuckers like the dude from Demi-chan.

Everything Sup Forums thinks is cool or different got done by either Go Nagai or Osamu Tezuka in the 70s.

Is isekai even getting "retardedly poupular"? I feel like people just say it's popular because SAO, NGNL, and Konosuba had some popularity. That doesn't mean much. The concept of being transported to another world has definitely been around for a long time.

log horizon, overlord, grimgar and i'm sure there are a bunch more that i forgot about. it's retardedly popular because there were so many of them in so few seasons. one season had like 3 identical shows.

>The few who actually have some skill would be raping everything they could get their hands on.
Nice projection there buddy.

Three shows is "retardedly popular"? Do you even have any actual idea how many isekai anime there have been over the years? It's been an ensconced staple genre of anime since the 80's.

It's had a recent resurgence, fine, but hardly what I would consider noteworthy.

You clearly don't know enough about japanese otaku, and Sup Forums, if you think this isn't true.

>Is fad-chasing a new phenomenon?
I've seen a lot of dumb "Is X new?" bullshit in my time, but this takes the cake.

>You clearly don't know enough about japanese otaku, and Sup Forums, if you think this isn't true.
I read WN written by them though.

because that show overstayed its welcome. everything past season 2 was shit

Isekai has always been fairly popular, it just exploded recently

When it started being called Isekai is when it started to become a problem.

Once it became a "genre" it gained ossified tropes that have to be included because it's an Isekai story.