Kono Subarashi Sekai thread

After 7 years of abstinence from anime, I decided to go back and watch some of Sup Forums's handpicked anime. I'd say this is definitely my favorite one despite some of you disliking it for its bland humor and an overrated series in an oversaturated isekai genre. Well fuck you I liked it, also I like Megumin a lot.

But why are great shows like these 10 episode long? Is Japan still stuck with having shit tastes as usual?

Other urls found in this thread:

megumin.love/
discord.gg/TkSTPB9
exhentai.org/g/1073389/ebf2912efa/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I liked megumin a lot

We all do. Also season 2 came out in Winter so technically there are 20 episodes plus the OVA makes 21.

Why does everyone like Megumin so much?

I like Aqua.

We're also getting another OVA in about 40 days, which would bump the episode count to 22.
She's probably my favorite character from recent years, because of her destructive power, the fact that she's the right balance of funny and cute and her original design.

She exists as a bunch of fetishes put together into a character

superior Megumin fanart

Her personality is her strong point though.

>But why are great shows like these 10 episode long?
They didn't expect it to sell in the first place. Just look at the QUALITY, not that it makes the show bad, but you can tell they didn't put a lot of effort in it.

Chuuni is also a fetish

She's cute, fun, and tiny. Those are desirable qualities in anyone and anything.

Although Aqua's my favorite of the girls.

user is just being a hipster cunts, in truth Many love Konosuba and are just depressed that S3 will never happen.

She is cute, amusing yet flawed.

I didn't care about the quality, maybe it's because I haven't watched an anime series for so long. My co-workers loved Kono Subarashi Sekai too after I refer it to then and we often joke about explosion and steal pun.

I wish the anime never ended, it made me reminisce good comedy anime like Seto no Hanayome.

Is it Monday yet?

It's always Monday.

it was actually Sup Forums's most liked anime since well I don't remember, at least during the first season
it went off the radar for most people back then, and then it went mainstream and you got the usual hipster hating on it

Man fuck the haters, this anime is fucking great.

The Konosuba hate started when someone decided it was a good idea to compare it to Re:Zero. After that it all went to shit, with the two fanbases shitting on each other's show and even having waifu wars between Megumin and Rem.
It eventually calmed down, but it gave birth to the hipsters who hate on Konosuba for shallow reasons.

Chuuni explosion mage who is actually the most grounded party member. Her ambitions and interests outside of orbiting MC dick and working hard at them also help.

>S3 will never happen

God I hope you're dead wrong.

I watched Re:Zero and that anime doesn't come close to Kono Subarashi Sekai. I dropped it after Rem died.
Kono Subarashi was such a great start to get myself into anime again. I'm looking forward to Gabriel Dropout, Dan Machi, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi etc. since they garnered so much discussion back when they were airing. I hope they're better than Kono Subarashi

>Gabriel Dropout, Dan Machi, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
Nope, none of those are better than Konosuba. It's really my AOTY 2016.

Just so you know, the reason why there isn't a lot of episodes comes from why they made the anime in the first place: to promote the light novels. The whole serie is just huge advertisement for them.
That said, if you liked the anime, you should actually consider reading it. You can find it easily if you type "Konosuba pdf" on google, or buy it where it's released, since I heard there is an official translation now. The way it's written is kind of weird (although I don't know if it's just Konosuba, Japanese LNs in general, or if the translator I read it from just didn't bother changing the writing to the western style) so it takes a bit of time to get used to it, but it's just worth it.
I'm not even a reading type, I haven't read a book (numeric or paper) in a long time, but it just reads itself at some point.

>consider reading

>Reading is for faggots
FUCK! I forgot about that!

my nigga

megumin.love/

>Intermediates (JP->CN): lolihunter2 yukira 叶子 サダメ
>Translator: Uranophane
>Uranophane will be translating most of Gifting from hereon out
Why is this allowed?

Yuns switched to fucking Rokudenashi of all things.

The comedy became stale after five episodes.

GD is definitely better

Good joke.

I liked everyone pretty much everyone equally while reading.
The voice acting was the only thing that put Megumin ahead of everyone else except Kazuma while watching season 1.

Anyone still playing the game?
Are there any translations for the quests?

The game has a full translation, but I don't have it anymore.

>7 years
>Comes back for moeshit

>coming back at all

Konosuba is what got me back into anime too. Before Konosuba the last anime I watched was Katanagatari.

Better joke than Konosuba sure

Go back please

This thread needs more Aquas.

At last someone with good taste.

i miss her, pls make S3

>having to go through the week without your weekly dose of Megumin
It's so hard.

>non-Sup Forums image
>doesnt know what moeshit is

Go back to your board.

2016 was DEEN's year, you should check out Rakugo and Sakamoto desu ga? Rather than the crap you listed.

>But why are great shows like these 10 episode long? Is Japan still stuck with having shit tastes as usual?
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN can't do longer it seems

CE chapter five is up on crimsonmagic.me boys

Anyone read LN? Is there a recap somewhere?

What quality? If you mean animation, it is subjective. I found it goofy but pleasant to watch. VA was top notch.

Volume 1-4: the anime
Volume 5: they visit Megumin's village
Volume 6: They visit the capital and meet Iris, the princess of the country
Volume 7: Darkness almost get married, but then doesn't
Volume 8: The annual Eris festival get turned into Eris and Aqua festival
Volume 9: The group go to the frontline
Volume 10: The group go to a neighbouring country.

Why would you want a recap? Just read the thing.

>Darkness almost get married, but then doesn't
She gets married, user
Her name is divorceness now

>There are still people holding out for Kazuma x Aqua or Kazuma x Megumeme
Darkness clearly has the best chemistry with Kazuma. Just look at any scene Darkness is in, it's always "Kazuma!" this and "Kazuma!" that. Notice how she always adresses Kazuma when talking about how much she wants to get her shit wrecked, she never adresses anyone else in the party like this. Then there's also the fact that Kazuma is pretty much her ideal male, the fact that Kazuma admitted he'd totally slam that ass if she weren't so crazy etc. Between S1E9 and S2E4, the deal is pretty much already sealed.

No demon king? SAD!

Oh right, I forgot about that.

>going for Kazuma x Darkness
What you don't know is that Darkness is a bit less like that when the girls start to realize Kazuma is actually too much of a coward to carry on his threats.

No demon king yet, but the generals gets fewer and fewer. I think they neutralized 6 of them, counting Vanir and Wiz.

I just for some reason thought non-anime content is already finished.

Season 3 needs to happen.

Aqua-sama best girl

>But why are great shows like these 10 episode long?

A good show isn't going to unnecessarily drag itself out like a battle shounen, if konosuba was 100+ episodes it would be terrible.

Post cool Kazuma-sans

user that's Rance.

Maybe not 100+ eps, but the LNs are still going and still liked, it wouldn't be bad to adapt more of them.

As seen through Meguvision

Darkess really stole the season 2 best character

So, the meme was true...

Kamibaka.

Is her outfit supposed to show her shoulders like that?

Megumom really wants grandchildren.

The volume when she tried to hook Megumin up with Kazuma made me rock hard.

>tried
D-did she fail?

I'd say Kazuma likes Megumi the most out of the girls but that's not really saying much.

Her short term plan of having them conceive a child that very night failed, but her longterm plan of having them get married seems to be going well so far.

>conceive a child that very night
That moment when "aww cute loli" backfires and writing enters dangerous zone.

Still looking for new members in our Konosuba tabletop game with loose D&D influence. You don't need to know D&D to play and we can help you adjust if you need it.

discord.gg/TkSTPB9

You created your own tabletop RPG just because you want to have sex with Megumin?

As if I was that degenerate. Also Megumin is not for lewds.

Don't think I would join, but I'm interested in the systems like rules, classes, stuff like that. Is there rulebook or something like that somewhere?

Keep them all in the discord, felt it was unnecessary to put it in a word doc. Though it's still mainly makeshift considering I have to ease players who don't know how to play D&D or think the actual version is too "complicated"

>how to impress a chuuni

spoiler tag this.

that was an artist conception of the end of the web novel, when Kazuma takes down the demon king (and himself) with an EXPLOSION!

Dan Machi is a pretty typical "isekai" with a harem.

That said, the character development (moreso in the light novels) is high tier, and it's just fun.
Not the greatest series, but I like it a lot.

No offense, but recently watched this a week ago and I thought this show was pretty meh. I don't see why it got some much praise besides the girls (which are all par except for the Lynch). Story is boring and predictable, characters are sort of lame, animation is all over the place and humor was pretty flat most of the time. The only thing that made me laugh was Darkness', the Succubus Episode and the Headless knight. I do appreciate a competent MC (even though he was the straight guy in everything). I don't how one can think this was best thing since slice bread compared this to Devil Part-time worker, No Game No Life, Log Horizon, Monster Girls and any other Comedy/Isekai genre.

Was the season this show came out that bad?
Is Season 2 worth it or more/less the same nonsense?

I don't think you realised its a parody of those shows you like.

Hmm... no. I knew it was a parody. It was obvious when Aqua laugh on how the MC died. It just suck at being funny/parody/humor department in my opinion.

It's not the best thing ever but I'm kinda like OP in that I hadn't watched any anime for a few years and konosuba got me back into it when I decided to check it out one day. It was a few months after it had aired. It was nice to have something that wasn't taking itself that seriously but also wasn't just CGDCT

Hmm... fair enough. I guess the shows I listed were taking itself seriously to some extent compared to KonoSuba. Which will explain what the user above stated I didn't realize it was a parody.

Sigh... I admit I was in the wrong here. Thanks yall. I will deal with Season 2 then.

I thought the japs loved konosuba and even if S2 sold worse it cost less than S1 anyway?

The girls might be better.

>dude learn japanese lmao

Fuck off

>ESL has shit taste

WHAT
A
SHOCK

There's a translation you sperg

>dude learn english lamo

fuck off

If you didn't like season 1 you won't like season 2.

exhentai.org/g/1073389/ebf2912efa/
>winter outfit Megumin finally sexualized

>cost less
Where'd you get that number?

Season 1:
>V1 - 13,603
>V2 - 10,655
>V3 - 10,173
>V4 - 10,068
>V5 - 9,959
>Average - 11,760

Season 2:
>V1 - 14,241
>V2 - 9,240
>V3 - 8,701
>V4 - 6/30
>V5 - 7/28
>Average - 10,727

It's under performing the first season, may even fall below 10k if sales continue to dip for the last two volumes.