How do people like this shite?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Had a good OP faggot

Because they're not tasteless faggot

Ten > Akagi > Zero > Kurosawa > Gai > Kaiji

Prove me wrong.

Any reason why Gai is higher on than Kaiji? Both series protagonists end up how they started off and pretty much didn't learn anything from what happened. (Gai ends with "stand alone" even though in the meantime Gai himself saw that you can sometimes rely on others, and Kaiji just keeps fucking up so) Both are pretty suspenseful too I guess.

Otherwise I agree! Ten is fkmt's magnum opus.

Because Gai actually has a functional brain.

Oh. Well you got me there.

I stopped in the middle of the trust game bullshit, you mean Kaiji lost all that fucking dosh, FFS. also to say Kaiji learned nothing is untrue since he would've lost the mahjong game if he didn't realize he was getting played and he didn't lift a finger to help those fags that betrayed him

Spoilers when?

Nothing yet, sorry user. I can't wait either..

Don't they usually come out on Sunday?

From where does FKMT copy all the gambling games?

I'm pretty sure that he, for instance, made up the 2person mahjong in part 3 of Kaiji himself, there wasn't anything simmilar to that before.
There was this bit where fkmt speaks about how he takes existing games but tries to simplify them or adds a twist, so that they would be appropreate for a comic. He says something like that putting UNO into a comic would be complicated when you think about it- so he devised something simpler, like restricted rps.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on what happens with Kaiji after the second season? I s the manga good?

He spend some months living with Sakazaki, then Sakazaki kicks him out of his house, then Kaiji starts playing a more simple mahjong game with the boss of some gambling house, there he meets the son of Hyoudou, then the son of Hyoudou invites Kaiji to go watch a game about 3 random guys trying to survive in a pretty boring game, then Kaiji go plays one poker and now we are like 150 chapters behind Japan.

>Kaiji pls help us pls nothing suspicious here it's not like we are going to betray you or something.
>Ok sure
>MAHJONG
>Edgy brat visits
>Brb going to the toilet
>BETRAYAL
>Tears
>RON RON RON RONRON rOoooN
>Edgy brat wants to play a game
Yeah the manga is great.

Do i have to understand mahjong to understand Ten?

I liked kaiji because it was very approachable

Your reply nothing to do with the post youre replying to but, yeah the manga is great i always imagined fkmt playing with double sided ductape and then suddenly getting the idea,,, the madman

Woops meant to reply to

mahjong is easy to understand, it's just like poker and some understanding helps
how japanese people gamble and score mahjong though, is a fucking mess, but you don't have to understand that part

You'd seriously be doing yourself a great disservice if you read Ten without knowing mahjong. Try instead to learn a little bit about mahjong on your own, and then learn along while reading Ten (by looking up terms you don't know) It really will be worth it, because you definitely should read it.

Maybe consider watching Akagi first? You'll get a better feel for what mahjong looks and feels like, learn some things too. The anime is also really cool, directed by the same dude as Kaiji, and Akagi and Kaiji have the same VA.

Thanks user i'll try

End thyself.

No problem. Have fun on your fkmt adventure. There are loads of good reaction images to screenshot too, as you can see.

Ten > Kurosawa > Kaiji > Zero > Gai

Fuck, I forgot Akagi right under Kurosawa

Read Kaiji Part 3, it's basically "mahjong but for dumb people, including Kaiji".

Not that user but I'm reading it now. And I find it much more boring than Akagi.

for someone who hasn't read any of them, which is the best starting point?

Kaiji part 1

Having a hard time enjoying Akagi like I did Kaiji, should I read up on how mahjong works before reading?

Yes.

And play this gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html until you feel like you're good enough.

>mfw trying to make it through Bog arc of the anime

Kurosawa>Kaiji>Ten>Akagi

heard that YuGiOh's author was told (by another author at the same publisher) that his manga sucked, then was shown an example of a good manga, then he misunderstood what said other author meant and imitated the boat/restricted RPS arc, and thus YGO (as a series) was saved from cancellation, and became known for the card games.

>imitated the boat/restricted RPS arc
This is how you can tell someone hasn't read or watched YGO. They were only on a boat for one chapter and nothing actually happened in it. The card game itself is a parody of MTG, which was featured in the manga since chapter 9.

The real reason was because fans liked Magic and Wizards and/or Kaiba, and expressed such views in fanmail. I imagine Takahashi's editor probably had some part in it too. Kazuki may have included some of the same motifs because he's a fan, keeping in mind that he originally wrote YGO because of his love of games, which makes me think he likes FKMT manga since they seem right up his alley.

People like despair.