My Hero Academia Thread

Did they do Stain justice, and will he bring true justice to the world?

Why is he so edgy?

I pictured him as a lizardman for some reason.

There was once a dark and edgy age. An age where being extreeeeeme was seen as utterly cool. It was known as the 1990's.

>I pictured him as a lizardman for some reason.

me too

I actually thought he was a TMNT reference

Good times

I want to know the reactions of the people who haven't read the manga. Since out of no where a person just dies and changes the game entirely.

I'll update you on this, my siblings are gonna watch it now for the first time. But fyi no one actually "dies"

The brother's alive, just injured and forced into early retirement.

post best girl

Stain is the biggest overrated jobber this manga had. You're supposed to believe his pathetic chuuni ideas have some power, but then he just jobs to 3 kids.

Posting actual best girl
A guy who excels at 1v1s loses in a multiman fight? No way
There is also the fact he didn't want to kill midoriya as with the others so he held back

I thought he was supposed to be a figure like Che Guevarra is for anti-capitalism. Stain represents a rallying point for all the disdain that people have against heroes.

Losing against three students of the top school, two of which are from an elite family and the other one being Superman's successor isn't that bad

If he wasn't such a bitch he could have won. I didn't even realize this until now watching the show but he never does anything, he just hopes his quirk can win. He could sandwich someone in between his own physical prowess and darkshadow but nope. More of these heroes need to take a lesson out of erasers book and learn how to beat the shit out of people even without a quirk.

Well, he's basically MHA's Illidan.

In looks, voicing, and attitude.
It's like Illidan fused with a ninja turtle.

He is. But remember what happened to the last TMNT reference character back in Log Horizon?

They're purposely changed up to avoid trouble.

Anime only fag here. As soon as iida's brother saw someone in a dark alley I was expecting him to die. Reading this post is actually pretty disappointing because I thought it would've given Iida some good development and relevance. I can't see him turning into a full edge character but Id love to see him become a little more serious and take a more realistic mentality towards being a hero.

As for stain, he really doesn't seem like a very original villain. Society is wrong characters tend to be pretty boring, but we will see. I hear stain arc thrown around quite a lot but I really don't want it. I just want to see the main cast go through school and graduate already, but I guess that wont be for a long long while. Thats just my slightly drunk two cents.

Not for now.

Until a yakuza disintegrates a homo.

He's not original, but he's delightfully nutty.

He's not just edgy, his interaction with Deku is what's so refreshing. And batshit.

Illegals spin-off just introduced their version of Stain too.

This. It's his interactions with midoriya that make him good. It also what starts the huge chain of events that has us 100+ chapters into the manga. Stain IS the start of the show, everything else was just introducing characters up to this point. Now we get drama, actual plot, etc.

But I won't spoil anything, just know the graduating school thing isn't gonna happen anytime soon, I don't think we are even 2nd years in the manga yet and we are hella far ahead.

Who's that cool guy , I wanna become just like him , better start killing people, might join the villain league latter

This is literally the advice All Might gives him after the tournament.

Best Girl trips

Is it? I can't remember that far back, but even in the more recent tournament arc it's never relevant aside from his new move where he fuses.

Animeonly fag here

Stain just seems like some edgelord villian who killed Iida's brother

Tell me why I should care

He basically tells him to get buff so he doesn't have to rely on Dark Shadow as much.

He was holding back.

refer to He may seem edgy now but over the coming weeks you will learn to love him.

It seems like Tokoyami has sort of taken this to heart, but I like his Black Ankh series of moves where he wears Dark Shadow as armor instead of leaving himself wholly unprotected. That seems like a pretty good strategy until he can work on his own physique and martial arts enough to not need as much protection.

Because while he's insane and blinded by his creed, there's many truth to his claims. Heroism is no longer heroism when there are tangible benefits to them to lure individuals to the profession, when drive to become successful in life takes precedence over the pure willingness to help others.

He has a point. But he's too blinded in his belief to differentiate the non-heroes from true heroes.

I unironically miss them.

His beliefs are especially true when one of the first heroes introduced is mt. lady. Who did it for the fame/money.

Also he is not just a villian in fact one of his best moments is when he tells the evil league to fuck off he isn't joining them because he doesn't want to be a villian

He thinks of himself as a necessary evil

So basically he's a ninja turtle Emanuel Kant? That doesn't sound too bad, but what does it matter if it produces results and saves lives?

This. The best thing about Stain is that he doesn't feel like a plot device, but rather something that was bound to occur in a society where people like Mt Lady exist.

I don't really blame Tokoyami for his dependency on Dark Shadow. It's not just really useful , it's also a really cool quirk.

round face

Is Mina really pink?

>Mfw I knew a kid like Tokoyami who would try too hard to say cool shit, then repeat himself if he thought nobody heard him the first time.

Thank god Tokoyami's at least self aware of and somewhat embarrassed by his tastes or he'd be insufferable.

i dont think you are gona be able to handle iida edge

are we gona make it? will we see toga animated?

he's just sad that my chemical romance split up.

Toga will be animated in the last episode. We will get toga and the other guys to show up at the very end to signify season 3 happening at some point.

if only we knew the dark age that was soon to come we would had apreaciate them more

There are strong hints that Stendhal isn't just a reference to Stain, but he may ACTUALLY BE Stain before disfigurement and total insanity.

>Thank god Tokoyami's at least self aware of and somewhat embarrassed by his tastes or he'd be insufferable
hori nail his character, you can like him while you can make fun of him

do you read moon? chapter aint translated yet

Toga will show up before that

Hori just makes the most likable characters.

Basically a character named Stendhal was introduced. He has a creed of his own, hunts and kills villains. He regards those who uses powers without a strong conviction is a sinner, and sinner personified are villains.

He uses a sword and throwing daggers (daggers which are identical to Stain's).
His name Stendhal is taken from a French novelist who wrote the book "Red and Black".
Stain's real name, Akaguro Chizome, literally means "Red and Black Blood Stains".

Basically the character is brimming with Stain references. And Illegals takes place years before MHA main story.
However, his hair is long and straight, wears a mask completely hiding his face, and is not seen licking blood.

Stop reading niggerstream, read Viz trads instead.

Here's the question for you stainfags, whats wrong with an honest days pay for an honests day work? You use mt.lady as an example of whats wrong with heroes, but she still risked her life during the raid and even bought time for the kids to escape. Are luke cage and iron fist not real heroes?

Yessssss
I coulndt find this pic, my thanks user

if we get stain back story on vigilates it will be huge. Do Stendhal use his quirk?

No, we have not seen him use any quirk yet.

i think stain is partialy rigth for example mount lady realy wants to be a hero at heart but yet she need to steel the spothligth from kamui in her debut because thats what she need to do in order to have a hero office of her own

It's fucking cute, Tokoyami's the embodiment of "remember that retarded shit you did as a kid/teenager because you thought it made you look cool"

funny you should say that because tere's a lizardman later that's one of Stain's number one fans

What would you say Toga's primary color is? Yellow? Canary Yellow? Honey? Lemon?

I think he might just be hung up on the idea of calling them "heroes", because it dilutes what he believes to be "pure heroism". If they called "pro heroes" something else, it probably wouldn't rankle his autism so much.

>Are luke cage and iron fist not real heroes?
wen they had their heroes for hire office they usualy did scort and body guards jobs, not very heroic

>All these fucking anime only fags
Go read the damn manga already.
The best arc of the manga isn't even covered in this season.
At this rate you fucks are gonna wait until 2018 or 2019 to see ofa vs afo.

She was just doing her job. Take a look at when she seduced the takoyaki stand to give her food. What about that was honest?

Again your saying is a HONEST days work for a honest days pay right?

Well she isn't honest at all, she doesn't like working, doesn't care about her fans, and is just doing the job that is relatively easy for her since she has a fairly strong power.

Saving people for the sake of saving people. I think a good example is the one punch man universe since it also has a hero system. Honest heroes are saitama a hero for fun and bicycle hero who honestly wants to save people. But then you have fucks like the stupid loli who are only a hero just cause they were born strong so they fell into the role and don't care about saving people.

Luke cage is not a hero.
Iron fist is.
It's the difference in motives and how much you actually care about what you do.

In this universe a 'superhero' is a job. Getting autistic about the reasons why is embarrassing.

They are basically high profile celebrity cops.

Well, keep in mind, Stain is completely insane.
We're not agreeing with him, just saying there's truth to his words. There's truth to Hitler's words too, or Stalin.

The issue with Stain is, there really was a time when professional heroes weren't a thing yet and heroes were vigilantes who used their mighty quirks to save innocents. Stain is a nostalgiafag who wants to make Heroes Great Again.

Discussing why and who is a hero and the creed.
If stain were after lets say hollywood actors he'd kill people like tom cruise who only care about money and leave people who enjoy their job IE jackie chan alive.

>In this universe a 'superhero' is a job.

But it wasn't always that way. In Vigilante chapter 0, All Might explains that there was a time when Superheroes were all vigilantes before the current regulations and subsequent professional system were established.

>Take a look at when she seduced the takoyaki stand to give her food. What about that was honest?
she didnt steel it the guy give it to her because she was hot
>doesn't care about her fans
she make events for her fans what else do you want
> is just doing the job that is relatively easy for her since she has a fairly strong power.
giantifaction is a versatil power she could do a lot of jobs but she wants to be a hero
>Luke cage is not a hero. Iron fist is.
they have being both heroes for hire as well as paid avengers

>Implying Stain could even defeat Jackie Chan even if he did target him.

So who will do the voice?

And how do you picture ?

Thats stupid. You can "love and enjoy" your job and be shitty at it. You can do it for money and be great at it.

>There's truth to Hitler's words too
remeber not reavel your power level in public user

>just imagining their fight scene
I'm fucking hyped

That has its problems too. You get a Marvel/DC world where the heroes can almost do what the fuck ever they want because they only govern themselves.

I'd much rather have people enticed by the money and make it all official over the shitfest it could be.

hori also mentions it in the first chapter of the main series
it depends does jackie have furniture at hand?

Dude, I'm just saying that every evil mastermind have spoken some truth.
If you do nothing but lie, you're just an idiot like our current POTUS. True villainy is when you mix in horrible lies in your truths.

No shit Sherlock, you keep missing the point. We're not disagreeing with you, we're explaining the justifications of a known lunatic.

Which is why stain is the villain here, imagine if being a cop was a volunteer work , there'll be alot less cops and alot more crime

He was holding back, cause he recognized Midoriya and Shooto as acceptable Heros. Also, his Quirk was a bad match up against Midoriya who could get back up within a minute from being paralyzed.

Stain lures him into an alley, but that alley is between a ladder factory and a kindergarten.

Please don't take this thread any further along this path.

what if i belive something is rigth but it isnt? what if a realy large group of people agree with me? could we turn a lie into a truth?

i imagine the police brutality would also decrese

It happens all the time. History is written by the victors, and molded by the popular public.

> ladder factory
game over

Full retard. His quick is the type that he can't spam like fire or ice and he was still fighting with just his skills against 3 quirk users a la aizawa

I imagined her voice to be similar to anemone. Fairly normal until she enters combat and has a crazy voice on.

>Toddler Birb
CUTE!
TOO CUTE!

>stains-voice-is-shitfags BTFO!
another great week

>Criticizing an extremely good assassination quirk which lets him easily do his job of taking down unprepared, lower level or fake heroes

what do you guys think of stain voice? i think is way to deep

he's supposed to sound like an edgy 90s "antihero" right?

I can't wait to see Dabi's intro and Shigaraki being jelly of Stain

It's perfectly fine. Couldn't really ask for more or less. I am just afraid the dub is gonna fuck it up to hell. The dub has a great all might voice but so far the villians all sucked. So if they fuck up stains voice the dub is gonna be trash tier for life.

yea he have an over all 90's aestetic including edgy villans like carnage and extreme heroes like spawn

should have gotten norio wakamoto

Yeah, I definitely agree, I wish his voice wasn't as heavy, and maybe a little more raspy.