Which generation has the most unrealistic life goals?

I vote millenials

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YWdD206eSv0
mcmansionhell.com/post/148605513816/mcmansions-101-what-makes-a-mcmansion-bad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>McMansion
>life goal

lol

this desu

I'd rather have a good 30 acres of land and a comfy ranch house than some gawdy "high class" place that's worth 1/10th the price tag

I just want a cabin in the woods tbqh

> *loses it all in the divorce*

What about a historical mansion built back when they used solid masonry?

>Be me
>26
>Live in a small rental apartment 400 dollars per month with pimps and prostitutes
>Literally 10 clothes in total
>Car is Honda Civic 2000 for 2,500 bucks 4 years ago
>I earn 50k per year
>Net worth is 250k

I'll be a millionaire in 10 years easy.
In 5 years I don't even have to work.

Live below your means, faggots.

Be like what? An ugly house?

thats peoples problems, they buy in to corporate propaganda and consume, the real way to win at capitalism is live ascetically

>ahoy mateys
I laughed.

Millennials, easily.

The crux of our complaints are "we aren't as luck as the luckiest generation in the history of mankind." We want everything they had when their wealth and fortune were the direct result of two world wars and an unprecedented economic boom as they were growing up. And we want it yesterday.

On one hand I fucking hate the idiots that are my age as I get lumped in with them by others. Although job security and the ability to advance are a lot easier when your competition is a bunch of sissies.

>Fuck you kids I had it better than you and you're going to keep paying for my expenses.
Fuck off, times up no more social security for you.

You missed the part where I'm a millennial?

Of course you are. Hod do you do fellow kids? Give me some more money for my retirement.

youtube.com/watch?v=YWdD206eSv0

>also a fucking leaf

and why do millennial have those expectations user?

>that autism tho

>and why do millennial have those expectations user?

Envy

Believe whatever you want

I wouldn't even have the ranch house. If you don't smoke meth and are a decent human being, trailers can be as good as any home.

>Envy

and thats why no one thinks you're a millennial in this thread

envy is a boomer trait

Log cabin > trailer house

Slaving your life away to pay for a McMansion and a toy car are unrealistic life goals?

>it's like he didn't even read the caption at the top

Im making about 40k right now and I live in a trailer worth 3k but its comfy as fuck. Hoping to use this situation to save up and

That doesn't make any sense. Boomers have no one to envy as they're the luckiest generation ever and they know it. What they want is more.

They're greedy, not envious.

>insert mom voice
I hope you don’t get shot before you retire a rich man user. Shitty neighborhoods are cheap for good reasons. Be careful honey

Hey, fuck you. I like pretending to be a pirate.

I don't think the generation I'm born in has to tell me what or how I should think. I've been jealous of people and I'm Millennial. It's a human trait.

When will the Toll Brothers McMansion meme end? I'm tired of seeing farmland and forests turned into these shitstain developments

Everyone except me

>seeing
I want housing that looks like the Edwardian era.

I wish someone screenshotted and kept in touch with whoever posted this to see how close their low-iq ebonic-talking ass got

>rather
you can't afford either, don't even pretend you have a choice
>I hope you don’t get shot before you retire a rich man user
life's a risk
>Shitty neighborhoods are cheap for good reasons
pfff dont be a wuss

It's obviously going to be Gen Z, millennials are at a point where they have pretty much given up and will take whatever they can get. In other words, dead inside.

you have to tacitly state boomers fucked up everything just to claim everyone else is jealous

disliking people for incompetence, with no thought of their offspring is not really envy

more boomers i've met say "i want x because someone else has it" than the millennials

greed so that you can "one up" is envy

How is this out of reach? I make just under 3k a week doing ecommerce and I'm only 19, I live super comfortably and a house like picrelated(maybe with a 911 instead of a zl1) is certainly not out of reach after university.

Larp has evolved

Oh god, it gets worse the longer you look at it.

>I make just under 3k a week doing ecommerce and I'm only 19
holy shit no you don't kek

I've had this attitude since childhood and I'm not Boomer. What do you think that means? If another kid had something I wanted it. I never grew out of it.

Actually the more you are deprived the more you want. If you're hungry you want to ravage the entire buffet. Stuff yourself until you get sick.

What you don't believe him? I'm 13 and I make 6k a week trading cryptocurrency online. High Schools gonna be lit!

The house in the OP would run me close to $400k. I only make $20k a year after taxes working at walmart.

I'm happy with a two bedroom apartment close to work.

Maybe, but at this point i'd be happy making 35-40k a year having a closet to live in, enough food on the table, and just enough left over to make meaningful investments long term.

I don't see too much wrong with the picture in OP. Nobody should settle for a person who has no aspirations of imrpovement. The only real problem is that success is correlated exactly with mcmansion.

>Home ownership is now an unrealistic life goal
>Manchildren on a ramen appreciation webzone snort in glee

That's OK for now but not for the long run. The recession made me hungrier for more than ever. Retiring on that isn't gonna happen.

Gay McMansion-tier taste aside, this isn't unattainable at all. The problem is millennials are all rootless cosmopolitans incapable of living somewhere that isn't within 100 miles of a faggoty "trendy" urban center.

it's really not that hard lmao

i sell shirts, hats, and flags with crypto logos to reddit fags

I would say millennials, but it doesn't fit the criteria of the question. I am 30, part of the millennial group, and I'm a complete outlier in the sense that I have life goals and am trying to accomplish them. I'm married, I own a home, I have a stable career, and my wife (a few years younger) is pregnant with our first kid. Most people I know in this generation do not share an opinion that such goals are desirable. I'm actually playfully laughed at by some of the fresh out of college junior developers brought onto my team (software dev tech lead) for owning a home and having to cut my own grass, shovel snow, fix/replace broken appliances or other such homeowner activities. I've heard the phrase "my landlord has to do it!" quite a few times the past 3-4 years. Few of them own a vehicle which is okay I guess since there is available public transportation, but almost none of them have long term relationships or the desire to find a good woman and marry her. Many of them are just sort of making money, going out to bars/clubs, paying a lot for drinks (so much so that they have their own drink budgets planned out monthly) and sleeping with random women they meet.

So I don't think they're the generation with the most unrealistic life goals by virtue of the fact that I'm pretty sure they don't have life goals to begin with. If they did however, I'm completely sure they would be unrealistic/unattainable and it would be someone else's fault, and something we need more government in order to fix. I think the generation with the most unrealistic life goals are the boomers. They simultaneously did everything possible to destroy the USA culturally, racially, morally, and fiscally, while expecting everything to go along just fine. Perhaps the most unrealistic of these goals was to have children who were coddled, pandered to, told they were winners without having to fight for it while simultaneously expecting them to be useful adult human beings.

I meant to mention, the few goals millennials have which include existing, paying rent, sleeping with loose women, and wasting money on alcohol are all realistic and pretty easily attainable actually.

Why are urban centers bad? The suburbs are boring.

I'm glad I didn't have parents with the everyone wins mindset. I saw it parodied on TV. My younger brother claimed we all got a participation trophy for a couple years and I took his word for it until I questioned him about it.

I didn't remember getting one so I just believed him because my memory could be faulty. It's a lot easier to forget things than you think. The trophies turned out to be from AYSO soccer and not the soccer I went to. I remember going to some banquet with trophies on a table but it was for his soccer. My parents thought participation trophies were stupid in general and if you won you won and if you lost you lost.

Reported.

You will never own land in the city. You will never have worthwhile employment in the city. You literally can not live the virtuous, traditional life of a free landowner in an urban environment. You think living outside a city is "boring" because your adderall-ridden brainwashed mind was engineered precisely to feel that way.

Thats averaging 70$ per unit. What kinds shirts and hats are you selling.

In a city there are tons of things to do and see. It's overloading the mind. Lots of scenery, lots of places.

There's such a thing as risk vs. reward user. Living around dangerous people is an unnecessary risk.

Boomers. They think social security and pensions are sustainable. Millenials know well the shit they are into, Gen X are all criminals and Z is just too young yet.

>humans traditionally lived and died ~30 miles from the village they were born in
>I need muh urban sensory overload I can't live without it

Nice user. How do you get traffic?

I don't think pensions are sustainable but I think there might be some kind of a world war that saves social security.

Can't put my finger on it, but I hate how that house looks. Jagged maybe?

I was in the cub scouts as a kid. We had that annual pinewood derby. I was extremely excited for it. My brother had won his pinewood derby years before, and I knew I had to do as well as he did. My dad helped me with some basics and I made the car I thought was a surefire winner. We held the race. My troop leader was a goofy kike. We did all the races and my car eventually won out of everyone in our local troop, which meant I could go to the regional race. I was excited and ready to get my trophy just like my brother had. I'd been eyeing his 1st place pinewood derby trophy ever since he got it. Came time to present the winners with trophies and this is what the kike pulled:

There were no trophies with distinctions for 1st, 2nd, 3rd. He had "trophies" alright, but not the kind my brother had which was a pinewood derby car on a marble stand with colors and an engraved 1st place/date of event plate on the front. Nope. These were blocks of wood with cut pieces of rebar glued to them with globs of glue gun hot glue, supporting a fucking hot glued matchbox car. It fucking crushed me to have won and that was the reward for everyone. The next event was a cake bake where the kid who raised the most money in the cake auction won a special badge. Two pussy kids started literally crying at the cub scout meet when they realized they would have to give up their cakes to be auctioned so they cancelled the fundraising auction, gave out no badges, and let everyone take their own cakes home.

I quit cub scouts shortly afterwards.

That sucks. I think the everyone wins mentality has given people lower confidence if anything. Because it makes them think any compliment is false and any accomplishment is false. What did your parents think of the trophies? Were they proud of it? I've heard of some putting up participation trophies on mantles and acting very proud of them.

I remember two years of swim classes the teacher failed everyone in the class twice to show us not everyone wins. I guess that was a good lesson.

What is there to do in a suburb that isn't available in a city?

Ahem.

mcmansionhell.com/post/148605513816/mcmansions-101-what-makes-a-mcmansion-bad

You think boomers are on this website? Maybe /out/ or /k/, but I doubt it's more than a couple. Gen X, yeah definitely. I'm somewhere between Gen X and Millenial. Millenials act like their futures were stolen from them. Like they have some kind of moral authority on how a generation should spend its wealth. It's funny. It's like when people talk about slavery now and they act as if they would be the ones breaking chains. No you fucking wouldn't. You'd do what everyone else was doing.

Not suburb, small town

No, my parents weren't proud of my trophies for sports or other things I won. There was an expectation that I would try my absolute best to win, but if I won they didn't really shower me with accolades. Maybe a "good job" on the ride home. I was allowed to keep my trophies on my desk in my room. Participation trophies such as the pinewood derby car, or the one I got on the elementary school basketball team were thrown away- not by my parents, but by me. I never really valued an award that everybody else got also, I knew it was a sham as most kids do.

They do still have some shitty clay pot I made in elementary school sitting on a shelf in my dad's office though.

generation trophy, worst mistake ever

Why is this mcmansion website being shilled daily? Literally every day there is someone talking about "houses" and several international flags will start pointing out the mcmansion website.

Am I the only one noticing this trend?

Sounds like you have enough to at least upgrade your living situation

Unfortunately I didn't get a participation trophy but my younger brother did.

Slavery was actually very controversial in the 1800s. There were many people who were pro slavery but also many abolitionists.

Bro hate to tell you but Sup Forums is full of gullible boomers and MILFs because of the Qanon bullshit. Many such cases! We will teach them!

I guess. I mean yeah there are forrests and things to explore and fields which are very awesome. Still you can't deny cities are fascinating.

If your answer is "there was a point in time where it WAS controversial" ok, sure, but that wasn't really the point.

Too bad non whites ruined them

Uhhh everybody knows its the dads that design the cars and make sure they are built right. That trophy wouldnt have been your trophy.

those are total orders. hoodies are $49-$69, shirts are $20-$30, hats are $17, flags are $19, the list goes on. >wait for coin to get hot
>"hey /r/CoinThatsCurrentlyMooning, buy this shirt!
>Everyone's making money so there's room to inflate the price, then by the time we have them printed and shipped the craze has died down
>rinse and repeat.

Cities are great to visit. Living on top of people feel awful though. It feels unnatural.

I just want a house, to marry the girl of my dreams, internet and metal.

Hot in the summer, cold in the winter.
Grew up in one.

Could be nice if you have the money to keep it in good repair but in general historic buildings are money pits. For me I'm looking into getting a nice plot of land in the north Georgia mountains to build an A-frame cabin.

But many people defy the norms today. You can't say how you would have been in different circumstances.

That's really weird and loose logic. It doesn't matter what might have been when I'm talking about personal preference.

>if you not tryna be like dis leva me lone

Why can't they just write a fucking sentence.

They are the first generation to not envy youth. They wouldn’t want to be 21 again if it was in this era. All said, I think this is a great timeline.

I would have been against slavery at the time because I'm for individual rights.

>13
Enjoy your ban.

I'm sure the old people during the great depression didn't envy youth but then again they had hardships to deal with themselves in the 19th century.

This

It is funny to see people living in these neighborhoods with houses like that thinking that everyone envies them.
To be fair, a lot of people do envy them, but to me those houses look like trash. No matter how large they are.

I would much rather have a well preserved or renovated house from the first half of the 20th century than 99% of the houses that I see being built today.

You may not have seen slaves as being human during that time period.

Yes, you've uncovered my nefarious plan to fool random strangers on the internet into believing that 22 years ago I assembled the wheels, made minor cuts, and sanded down a small block of pinewood all on my own. Fortunately we have people of your caliber who know that no normal 8 year old would be able to complete such a colossal undertaking, and have come to the obvious solution that my father built it for me. I'd have gotten away with it if you weren't there standing vigilant against such completely ridiculous and impossible claims.

No, you don't know what you would have been for or against because you may very well have been born to an abusive father that made you work on his farm where you never went to school or learned to read.

Conditions of the time, culture, etc etc etc shape who we are to some degree. That's why when people try to tell me what "they" would have done, I cringe. Boomers did what they did based on factors that we don't even have to deal with these days. They also had a vision of the future that apparently didn't meet the standards of millenials. As if millenials have ANY right to talk when you look at the issues they've caused already.

These number don't add up,
>rent 400 per month
$4800 annual
>water, trash, sewer
my city is like $40 but lets be cheap and say $25*12=$300
>electric and gas
again lets be cheap and say $40*12 = $480
>car insurance
I had a car like that $600 mini per year
>health insurance
$100*12=$1,200

So even without food and car gas etc your expenses are

so taxes are like what 22% fed +3% state at a minimum unless you have no state tax so 25% 50k*.75=37.5k - 6,780=30.75

It would take at least 32 years for you to get a million dollars

What a bunch of ugly people living ugly lives. You want that life? You're going to have to run the rat race faster than the others. And you can't switch off. Ever. There is no rest until you are dead. Or until you completely burn out, lose your mind and start making terrible financial decisions.

You know, it's funny. I've been around and inside a lot of retirement homes. This is the final destination for many of these fuckers. The older generation versions of them I mean. Their final years are spent suffering extreme dementia and existing in a fog wondering where the fuck their money, status and toys went. Oh, and they are absolute cunts to the staff.

What software is that?

To be fair if I lived back then I'd want a lot but some of the decisions I would not have made. Even after seeing the Great Recession it doesn't make me want to curb down on what I want. In fact I want a lot more.

If the culture shaped me, why did the recession make me want more and make me want to shoot for the moon compared to people who are happy with just less because of the expectations?

I've only known a hand full of people that had nice things and enough time to enjoy them.

Luckily Alzheimer's will probably be cured by the time I get old.