Somebody stole 532 mill of crypto coins from Coincheck (530 million dollars)

>somebody stole 532 mill of crypto coins from Coincheck (530 million dollars)
>Cryptos aren't insured by anyone
>people can go fuck themselves

Yeah, good job investing in meme money.

mobile.twitter.com/ynakamura56/status/956911227556446208

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4yvOMwHsh1A
gold.org/about-gold/history-of-gold/money-and-gold
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I dont understand. i thought btc was stored in a wallet on the persons PC and wasnt accessible.

Are you connected to the Internet? Do you use exchanges to turn air into dollars?

Jap government is reimbursing everyone like the cucks they are. Nobody is losing money on this one.

they deserved it for storing 500 million usd worth on a hot wallet

You certainly can do that and make it pretty much impossible to get hacked, but it's not as straight forward and easy as it could be - so normies just buy their coin through an exchange and leave their coin on the exchanges online wallet.
(which can get hacked)

If you dont store your private keys off exchange then you dont own your crypto.

Buy coins
Send to hard wallet
when exchange gets hacked your coins are safe

>When your harddrive fails

> b-b-but Amazon should take my crypto

After a certain amount what's the point?

you have zero clue about crypto storage! lol

write it down on paper?

It was the cia

I'm gonna fuck your ass and poz you, ya fucking Sup Forumslock!

This!

Make your own wallet with bitcoin core. Encrypt the hard drive, and back it up every hour to an encrypted drive

>bitcoin core

Don't do this unless you're some sort of professional super trader.

>more money down the drain
how about you take a real look at your 'revolution'
all those ''''''resources'''''' you have accrued will not make their way to your progeny

>Buttcoin down 6% in the past 24hr
ahaha

stick to trading real equities faggots

>write it down on paper?
Irony...

I only trust Binance with my e-shekels. Considering getting a software wallet, but paranoid with all these latest Intel security flaws.

Can't wait for a SHTF scenario when EMPs wipe out all electronics. Good luck with that investment.

(((Somebody)))
>Implying it wasn't the (((founders))) themselves.
Oh look... Invisible money is gone... SOMEBODY HAS TO PAY FOR THIS. Lmao let's just reimburse fake money with real government money paid by working ducks through taxes. Wonderful idea. Cui bono

Only NEM? Well then all NEM wallets are not secure, offline or not.

This and all the ETH hacks should have everyone worried about the competancy of the major crypto players. The community needs to get its act together. Another big hack on a US exchange or Binance and there could be a 90% crash on Crypto prices. I am not joking. This is really concerning.

youtube.com/watch?v=4yvOMwHsh1A

get a hardware wallet, i have multiple

Eth up 15% in the last 3days. Btc is still up 6% in the last 3days. Enjoy your single digit annual returns faggot.

Explain how gold would be worth anything in a world with no electronics?

Women will trade pussy for gold all over the world

gold.org/about-gold/history-of-gold/money-and-gold

Gold has been sought after long before electronics existed bro. Wars fought, lands conquered, and empires created because of gold

Because they've been told their whole life that gold has a value. If those same whores were told that, instead of gold, coal has a value and everyone wants it, she'd believe that. Well myself and millions and millions of other people are telling you that BTC has a value, therefore it does and people control it, not your dirty kikes.

Hey fags there are lots of r*dditors on /biz/ now so we need more of you there. Save us pls.

((Somebody stole))

Uhh guys... “”””somebody””” uhhh err has stolen all of our coins... sorry about that. totally wasnt us.

Yeah, it should be. But people seem to like leaving their money in the middle of the floor, in an empty 'bank' with the doors left open. Not gonna say they deserve it, but it should be treated like cash, and with the prevalence of hacks in every field these days, leaving one's money on an exchange is pretty silly.

I wrote a script that creates a new wallet transfers funds to it then automatically creates a backup on an external HDD and creates an encrypted text file with private keys that automatically prints out for me, I then place that in a fireproof safe. This is done once daily. Gotta keep my 107 BTC safe. Kek nocoiners BTFO'D

kek, your family BTFO when you die suddenly and all your 'resources' are lost to the wi-- wait its not even fucking corporeal

Muh 0s and 1s funny money. Kek I love how people shit on paper money, but by into digital currency.

I would rather have gold and silver, and buy shit that got intrinsic value like guns and tools.

When the lights go out and don't come back on, tell me what your funny digital coin is worth.

I only use it to buy tons of Darkness drugs. The price is so volatile that buying a couple hundred worth of btc gives you 4x the drugs if you wait it out a month

Somebody touched their spagett?

>NOTHING TO SEE HERE, THE ONLY ONES AFFECTED ARE IDIOTS WHO DIDN'T PUT THEIR """MONEY""" IN THEIR WALLET

>NOTHING TO SEE HERE, THE ONLY ONES AFFECTED ARE IDIOTS WHO DIDN'T HOARD CASH AND BURY IT IN A JAR IN THE BACKYARD

This

>expecting retards to be practical

you're fighting a losing battle user

Yeah, now your economy is 530 million dollars cheaper. Hackers will gladly use that money. I still don't know who hacked them.

*poorer

>implying the two are even remotely the same
Literally the first thing I learned when I got into crypto was "don't leave your money on an exchange, otherwise it's not your money"

>trying to steal my shitcoins

Good luck

>google
Kek. Say goodbye to your money.