Why do so many people have allergies these days? I cant imagine it is natural

Why do so many people have allergies these days? I cant imagine it is natural.

I have heard allergies are a result of overly-hygienic living, which means the immune system never develops properly and become hyperactive.

How do we counter allergies and other ailments of these sorts?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/02/23/388450621/feeding-babies-foods-with-peanuts-appears-to-prevent-allergies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How do we counter allergies and other ailments of these sorts?
Natural living and especially an upbringing that includes playing outside, in the dirt. I mean, fuck, I was raised like that and still developed hay fever because i turned into a basement dwelling neet.

Children born from c-section have a higher rate of allergies because they were never in contact with the bacteria and antibodies present with a normal birth, so it makes sense that never coming into contact with bacteria from the dirt/nature would have a similar effect.

I have heard of people who normally have allergies, but after drinking unprocessed water from a river, or rainwater, the allergies disappear. (although temporarily)

They say it has to do with gut bacteria though.

A lot of unknowns, it isnt quite as straight forward as the hygiene hypothesis.

roasted peanuts

It seems to be the most sensible, it makes sense to me. What's your alternative?

i think part of the problem is just overly-sanitized food. Farmers in the US who sell unpasteurized milk literally get put in jail if the FDA finds out. We are cut off from all the kinds of bacteria that would otherwise pre-occupy our immune system

You don’t get to choose whether you get them or not.

Yes but certainly some lifestyle practices may increase the odds of getting one. Do you think many humans had allergies when we were hunter-gatherers?

>you don't get to bring friends

Boomer here to Fuck up your morning .
OP is right. Before the OPEC bullshit in early 1970's oil was cheap and houses were like a fucking Swiss cheese. Wind would blow thru every crack in the house, all season long. THEN with OPEC created oil shortage, houses got super insulation and made tight. NO-ONE had allergies back then.
Super tight houses created dust allergies, mold issues, every little spec of allergen stayed in the houses 365 days a year, dust mites never died. On and on.
Allergies for most part are man intensified.

Iv heard, if you feed your kids little bits of peanut snacks, they wouldn’t develope peanut allergies when they grow older.

So I guess you have to intervene early.

Allergic to toilet paper here AMA

You must live in the south

lack of childhood exposure is a large part of it yes.

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/02/23/388450621/feeding-babies-foods-with-peanuts-appears-to-prevent-allergies

If you grew up spending a lot of time outside in nature you don’t really get allergies. Also having a couple spoonfuls of local honey cures allergies within a week or so

It's certizine.

Don't take Zyrtec

>Also having a couple spoonfuls of local honey cures allergies within a week or so
Big if true, do you know how its supposed to work?

Stop the Zyrtec (certizine)
It's cancer

I had some as a child. Disappeared when i got older. I played outside a lot

This.

Having endoparasites at least one time helps too

Vaccines. To give lab rats allergies for study, they are injected with aluminum and the desired allergen. Vaccines have aluminum and allergens in them. It's also the cause of the shingles epidemic, autism, and contributes to Alzheimer's.

Some allergies disappear when people quit their job.