Are Germans ashamed of Prussia?

I was talking to a German at a bar, and I kept asking him about Prussia. He kept ignoring it, or saying they don't use this anymore. Why is Bavaria still called Bavaria, but Prussia is not called Prussia! Do Germans connect Prussia with the Nazis?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_Homage
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_von_Bismarck
spiegel.de/international/germany/a-time-of-retribution-paying-with-life-and-limb-for-the-crimes-of-nazi-germany-a-759737.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Prussia was just a German colony, not really "German" per se.

Prussians ruin everything

What are german northern state under prussia? were they under the contorl of none germans?

Since prussian militarism was directly tied to the desire for revenge they see it as the cause for everything.

>Are Germans ashamed of Prussia?
They are ashamed of their entire past, that is what 70 years of USA/Allied Indoctrination does to you.

>Why is Bavaria still called Bavaria, but Prussia is not called Prussia!
Because Prussia is called Poland now.

>Do Germans connect Prussia with the Nazis?
No, they connect all pride in their History, traditions, ethnicity with Nazis.

What?

Prussia is Russia now. Hell, I want to visit von Richthofen's grave some day

>indoctrination
Is it irreversible or not?

Bavaria as a region still exists, prussia doesnt. Nobody is ashamed, its just not in the poeples conscience, nothing connects with the word in our minds except for some old sausage recipes

>Is it irreversible or not?
Well, it didn't work on me, but I don't know if that is a trend, or just chance.

I personally believe the guy probably didn't know what Prussia was! Are you guys not taught about Prussia at school?

>Are you guys not taught about Prussia at school?
It was mentioned briefly when it came to the formation of the German empire in 1871, but aside from that we spend most our time investigating the Holocaust.

The destruction, mass murder and ethnic cleasing of Prussia was the main step of the plan to cuck the germans.

Prussia was masculine, cultivated martial prowess and discipline and was the driving factor of german ascension from 1870 to 1940.

It's just natural that the region who drove Germany to excellence would be destroyed by the lesser nations and it's ((leaders)), who planned for a weak Europe, subservient to american interests.

How do you hold up all the degeneracy in Germany right now? If they are true and not Sup Forums memes

I even told him that Germany was created in 1871. He didn't even know that! Is this true of all Germans? Do they know basically nothing about their history?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_Homage

GET REKT, POLAND #1. THE ONLY TIME COWARDLY GERMAN STARTED WINNING WAS WHEN THEY ASKED AUSTRIA AND RUSSIA FOR HELP TO DESTROY POLAND. 3 VS 1 LMAO YOU COWARDS. POLAND WAS GREATEST

Some parts of it are Sup Forums memes, but the demographic situation certainly doesn't look good.
The "non-white in one generation meme" is often pushed around, that isn't quite true, but in most mayor cities that will be the case.
The cities are full of non-whites, some places are indistinguishable from the middle east, both in looks and in sound.

Also what happened to Prussian people? Did they mostly migrate to Germany? Did they become polish? Were they massacred?

please ignore, proxies with polish flags are on a rampage today

because Bavaria is Bavaria and Prussia is Kaliningrad Oblast now.

>He didn't even know that! Is this true of all Germans? Do they know basically nothing about their history?
It was mentioned briefly in my History lessons, but that of course wasn't the focus of them.
If you had asked about the holocaust then he probably could have told you a lot, I went to three different "concentration camps" during my school years.

>Also what happened to Prussian people?
Mass migration at the end of the second world war.
My Grandmother and Granddad on my fathers side or both from Prussia, he was a soldier in the Wehrmacht, but she had to flee with her parents from their farm in Prussia and came to Northern Germany.

>Did they become polish? Were they massacred?
The poles were the ones driving them out, together with the Russians.

I still dont understand one thing? If the original prussia was not really part of germany. Why did the germans that ruled over prussian ,call their empire prussia.

How about rural background? Are they still untouched?

>If the original prussia was not really part of germany.
It was, the King of Prussia became the Emperor of Germany.

>Why did the germans that ruled over prussian ,call their empire prussia.
There never was a "Prussian Empire", but the Dynasty who ruled over Prussia, the Hohenzollern, were the Kings of the Kingdom of Prussia.

>How about rural background? Are they still untouched?
Mostly yes, outside of the big cities it gets a lot better.

Because Prussia isn't part of Germany anymore.

>mentioned briefly when it came to the formation of the German empire in 1871
>Mentionned briefly
>the founding fathers of your nation were briefly mentionned as part of an history course
Is there anybody more cucked than modern Germans? I ask because even Sweden is allowed to talk about their glorious independance, and they are literally a bunch of niggers sucking each other off.

OP

I've noticed a tendency especially with liberals to equate Prussia as "militarist", which goes back to entente propaganda. Even though the German empire didn't act aggressively. If you ask me the greatest tragedy of the 20th century is that Germany didn't win WW1, especially considering how close they were.

>Are you guys not taught about Prussia at school?
In my history classes we jumped from the Reformation and the Thirty Years' War to the French Revolution, then Napoleon, then the revolution of 1848, and that's when Prussia was brought up.

Our school system is complicated, with three branches and federal states beeing in charge of their curriculum. I wouldn't be suprised if some schools would have dumbed down their history lessons to that point.

King of Prussia was a title bestowed for the ruler of Prussia - part of HRE but not Germany(see Northern Italy). Brandemburgian electors took the title since they couldn't get a title of king when HRE still existed but they wanted to be able to say "we wuz kangz"

To make it clear - Holy Roman Emperor held the title of "King of Germany" therefore all German princes(including the electors) were formally his vassals and couldn't claim kingship of their(German) lands.

>Is there anybody more cucked than modern Germans?
I don't know, we are certainly doing very well in that race.

>I ask because even Sweden is allowed to talk about their glorious independance, and they are literally a bunch of niggers sucking each other off.
They didn't have to suffer through the brainwashing at the end of WW2.

Prussia was called an army with a state, what they fuck are you talking about?

Western Europeans are all violent belligerent barbarians, all of them. There's a reason the first lot of them slavs encountered are now called "those who don't speak".

Sounds like America and everywhere else in the modern west, except ours look and sound like central america.

>Western Europeans are all violent belligerent barbarians, all of them.
We truly used to be a glorious nation.

APOLOGIZE!

>Western Europeans are all violent belligerent barbarians, all of them.
ah the good ol' time

probably because international jewry decided to steal prussia from germany (partly after ww1 and almost completely after ww2)
when they did most of the germanic people were ethnically cleansed.
since the germans are so cucked now they dont like to talk about it. the feel shame for being germans and dont want to feel that they were wronged.
it goes back to hitlers time when he was vocal about danzig having been stolen and east prussia being cut off.
the germans of today are trapped psychologically because if they feel cheated and wronged by a chunk of their land being stolen then they know that those feelings are the same as those felt by the germans in the lead up to ww2.

Are you kidding? Prussia a German colony? God, read some history, user.Prussia was the center and locus of german unification into a nation. Think: Bismark.

Bismark brought all of Germany together ... under the Prussian umbrella. Wiki it, user. Here, I looked it up for you: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_von_Bismarck

Germany used to have great statemen/leaders but now they've been reduced to Merkel, et. al. It's tragic, really. They've tried to capture Europe's economy without capturing it politically -- it didn't work, and now they, through international proxies, are quickly trying to subject European nations to their administrative peons. This won't work, either. German needs leaders honest about their past -- good and bad -- and realistic about their future.

Sadly, I think that Germany will end up plunging Europe into war ... a third time.

>wir schaffen das

>Germany will end up plunging Europe into war ... a third time.

What country are you from?

Very Mixed, especially in the West it leans much more towards "its bad!" while the East is more on the neutral or positive Side.

Its important to note that the name Prussia was mostly just a political play to gain more Power while not attracting the anger of the Holy Roman Emperor, the Prussian Heartland is and always was Brandenburg and its Heritage is actually kept.

Even during rule the communist GDR the army still went with prussian traditions, even still goose stepping.

After the reunification there was a brief phase where politicians debated if they should unify Berlin and Brandenburg to Prussia, it was decided against for obvious reasons but it wasn't nearly as decisive as one might think, it actually only barely managed to not become the State of Prussia.

You can even still see Prussian flags hung by the Government on many prussian heritage Sites.

Original Prussians are christianized Balts

You fucking retard he was talking about REAL Prussians, the Balts.

>Why is Bavaria still called Bavaria, but Prussia is not called Prussia!
because prussia is in polish / russian hands now?
you do realize we lost about half of our country after the two wars, right?

imagine a mutt losing half of the south and west of america to mexicans, and they ruin it. this is how we germans feel about prussia in slavic hands. so yeah, not fun talking about it.

*were

Region is called Brandenburg. Prussia was the name they used because Elector of Brandenburg couldn't become a king of Brandenburg due to HRE laws and customs, so he became King in Prussia.
State is still called Brandenburg.

>our
not so fast sweetie :)

Also, Prussian eastern regions (save for some cities) were impoverished backwater, and had Slavic (Polish) majority for the most part.
As for why don't Germans care, many Germans are regional and Bavarian doesn't really love Prussia.

Is that the majority sentiment in Germany? All the news we get make everything seem so cucked there.
For others in the thread who don't have general background on what happened to Prussia - spiegel.de/international/germany/a-time-of-retribution-paying-with-life-and-limb-for-the-crimes-of-nazi-germany-a-759737.html
I believe it was made an illegal state at the end of WW2.

;p

i know nothing about it
never had it in school

See
He has no idea about his own History.

>this is how we germans feel about prussia in slavic hands.
Yes, it would be better if this land was managed by you so it could be populated with niggers and achmeds. Stop dreaming, your time is over.

We in Bavaria certainly do know about Prussia.
We often use it to mock most anyone north of our borders. That is because in the old germany prussians had a littel bit of that EU feel, they centralized stuff and sent officials to the other states. Obviously they weren't well received, so this kind of sticks till today, mostly as banter. Well that's my take on it.

Why was Germany even allowed to exist after WW2? These should have been the new borders.

>Why was Germany even allowed to exist after WW2?
It wasn't.

>These should have been the new borders.
You just made us your puppet state, who cares about the borders if you are in charge anyway?

Germans are as Prussian as pic related are European.

The German language and culture is filthy. Maybe other countries would be able to successfully civilize the German people (by making them not so German).

>The German language and culture is filthy.
That's why you are eradicating us from the earth.

>Maybe other countries would be able to successfully civilize the German people
That is exactly what you are doing now, driving us into extinction.

Good gif user thanks for sharing.

The problem is you are becoming equally filthy mudshits. I would much rather you lot integrate into France or Poland.

Nobody is forcing your woman to procreate with niggers you dumbfuck. You do it because you are all stupid, spineless insects.

>you are eradicating us
>what you are doing
>you
You are doing this to yourself, German. The Americans are not telling you to import a minimum of 22,000 "new" Germans every year, but your own representatives are.

>The problem is you are becoming equally filthy mudshits.
No that isn't a problem for you. You are the cause of this you WANT this to happen.

>I would much rather you lot integrate into France or Poland.
Ask your Government.

>Nobody is forcing your woman to procreate with niggers you dumbfuck.
(((nobody)))

>You are doing this to yourself, German.
Not really.

>The Americans are not telling you to import a minimum of 22,000 "new" Germans every year, but your own representatives are.
Maybe if they hadn't spend decades eradicating all national pride and turning this countries population into self hating cucks that would have never happened in the first place?

During the Thirty Years War (the bloodiest war in history per capita) Prussia lost half their population. Because they were Calvinist they replaced them with French and Dutch Huguenot immigrants. French names were very common in Berlin before the war. One of the Luftwaffe's greatest fighter aces was of French Huguenot ancestry.

Prussia and Schlesia still exist. Poland wanted to give it back when sovjet fell and the wall fell. A German fucktard called Gentscher refused to accept it.

Not even Frederick the Great, the greatest German faggot of all time? So intolerant!

>speaking a germanic language himself
>The English language and culture is filthy.
ftfy, thank me later.

German women would have killed all of the allies and russians untill theyre extinct.

>Not even Frederick the Great, the greatest German faggot of all time?
Not mentioned even once.

In WW1 you had a general whose surname was literally von François.

rare based german, don't give up
the tide is finally turning

>German women would have fucked all of the allies and russians untill the German people were extinct.
Fix'd

no area is left untouched. every county got their share of refugees based on a quota.
only small villages are free, because they are not good enough for the migrants.

>Are Germans ashamed of Prussia?
desu Germans ashamed of themselves

My older family members always told us that we migrated form Prussia to Germany then Germany to the US during the early 1800's

I know the German part is true at least

Bavarians were chill. Prussians were concentrated autism. They dragged the whole of Germany into their autistic wars.