China prototyping Death Star

>Chinese scientists are trying to break their own records by developing a new laser that would be powerful enough to “rip apart empty space” and would simulate even a black hole or a massive star.

>A team of Chinese physicists working in the Superintense Ultrafast Laser Facility (SULF) in Shanghai has already created the world’s most powerful light pulses. In 2016, these physicists announced success in creating a laser beam generating 5.3 million-billon-watt (or 5.3 petawatts) power. Each pulse generated by the laser lasted for less than one-trillionth of a second.

>According to ScienceMag, these physicists now want to break their previous record by creating a laser that would produce massive 10 petawatt power, that is, 1,000 times the power of the world’s all electrical grids merged in one pulse. The team hopes to complete this laser by the end of this year.

inquisitr.com/4759939/china-wants-to-develop-100-petawatts-laser-that-would-rip-apart-empty-space-and-simulate-even-a-black-hole/

First nation to get this sort of shit weaponized wins Earth. I hope it happens sooner than later.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.niac.usra.edu/files/library/meetings/fellows/mar04/Edwards_Kenneth.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj5ibWU0_3YAhVJja0KHYQ0CXUQFjACegQIEBAB&usg=AOvVaw0dJsceWDO1gmbb2InAs-aL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fucking chinks doing it again.

>national ignition facility

Chinks copying and autistically refining the white man's innovation? Shocking!

YAAS.
Cleanse us China, we had it and threw it all away.

>implying that they didn't steal the plans from us.

>made in china
The device will probably melt

>Chinks copying and autistically refining the white man's innovation? Shocking!

This will get us nowhere. Underestimating the Chinese as soulless, uncreative robots does us no good.

>The device will probably melt

Take a good look at what China is doing. One Belt One Road. Trillions worth in investments abroad in other countries designed to ensure China will continue dominating the next century.

You think their products are shit, but you still buy them. A good 75% of everything inside my house is made in China. It works. It's cheap. The computer/phone you're currently using is guaranteed to have its parts assembled in China.

Ok but how will they get all of the energy required for running this thing?

They are the alternative version of the "rightsideofhistory" fags.

They've managed to tap into people getting upset at things on the internet.

>one belt road

Big deal. They have to resort to that because of how land locked they are. Its so nice to have boarders on either side of my country that touch both major oceans. So comfy...

If it is being publicly announced there is nothing to fear

>Mfw the US government beat them to it by 13 years.

They're currently switching models at the moment.
For one, they're transitioning from a production economy to a consumer economy, but also, they are slowly starting to bring in more "quality over quantity" production. Essentially, the previous decades of masses of cheap Chinese rubbish were a temporary phase to get them to where they are now. Now they're moving on to the next phase. They're playing the long game economically.

I dare say they're sparing no expense in their secret tech facilities.

They could very well be using stolen US tech.

Will everyone here relax? China hasn't even fully modernized it's military, most of their gear is barely considered post-Soviet era. The only space object that they could build that would "rip apart empty space" would be their shitty rocket ships.

That's it.... zero point energy desu

Threadly reminder that Desert Storm was 27 years ago, when stealth was first made publicly known. Since then, the United States has spent an average of half a trillion dollars on defense each year. That's around $10,000,000,000,000 spent on defense. Do you think China is really ahead?

Bumping for science

Lol not the Superintense Ultrafast Laser! Anything but the Superintense Ultrafast Laser! Won't someone think of the children? I for one fear my megapainful uberhumiliating defeat at the hands of our glorious emperial conquerors.

you would be surprised what 70 years of stealing tech from the west can achive

We should unironically declare war on them right now and forcibly divide China into a number of small, independent states. 1.3 billion chinks are a threat, even with badly copied weapons.

A little phase conjugation, a little photon collision, a little virtual particle pair production...now your cooking with positrons

China doesn't have to be ahead, they just have to build enough missiles to create an area denial bubble and take the first island chain. They win at that point.

t. Chang

>Underestimating the Chinese as soulless, uncreative robots does us no good.
This is very fucking true, if you want a relevant historical example look at how badly the Germans underestimated the asiatic hordes of the USSR

>Be me
>shitposting on Sup Forums
>Be them
>trying to rip apart space

What does "rip apart empty space" mean?

>less than one-trillionth of a second
The ray was the size of an atom or something?

It means that this "journalist" is trying to be spooky and mysterious.

It means if you smash photons together fast enough, you get a new pair of virtual particles, an electron and a positron. Space isn't technically "empty", as there are virtual particles winking into existence and annihilating with their pair particle (i.e. electron/positron) to maintain a zero sum equilibrium. This is the theoretical framework that explains why black holes radiate energy and helps us find the in space. But I'm not a physics fag, just a positron beam weapon hobbiest, so what the fuck do I know

enough directed energy weapons with fast enough cycle times can easily thwart that. electricity is easy to produce. missiles aren't.

This is like a given. If you think they don't want to break away and have planet China you're incredibly naive.

Good thing they tell us everything

>Link related

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.niac.usra.edu/files/library/meetings/fellows/mar04/Edwards_Kenneth.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj5ibWU0_3YAhVJja0KHYQ0CXUQFjACegQIEBAB&usg=AOvVaw0dJsceWDO1gmbb2InAs-aL

Page 19 and 20 apply to this topic. Keep in mind that this was from 2004.

>First nation to get this sort of shit weaponized wins Earth. I hope it happens sooner than later.

Meh

Long before you can field such a thing you're getting hammered by nukes, railguns and nuclear shaped charges

>Chinese superlaser gets built
>turn the switch on
>somehow absorbs all the nearby workers and then expels them in a massive explosion
>other Chinese scoop up the orange pulpy plasmatic remains from the gutter
>call it some gay gook name, like "Lucky Sky Meat", then eat it

>1,000 times the power of the world’s all electrical grids merged in one pulse
So they will make it in theory but never be able to properly test or use it?

Open the gookhole.

> stolen?
Hillary gave them a receipt

The energy requirement to create a kugelblitz (a black hole formed of energy instead of mass) would be above and beyond what the sun could produce in a day confined to the size of a pinhead, there is no way even America could pull this shit off on earth and contain it, if you heated the head of a pin to a million degrees everyone within a hundred miles would be dead this would require a thousand times more energy and 10 times more precision than that.

Stop posting fake news you may be able to fool Sup Forums but you can't fool me.

simulate a black hole? Holy shit.

FTL engine?

The gooks do win the race war, evolve into Greys, and the go back in time.

sounds like they dug up some ruins, found alien tech, and are now trying to recreate the "Mass Effect" drive.

a SIMULATED BLACK HOLE can bend space.

Have you ever played alpha centuari?

>creating a laser that would produce massive 10 petawatt power, that is, 1,000 times the power of the world’s all electrical grids merged in one pulse
>1,000 times the power of the world’s all electrical grids
>1,000 times
>of the worlds power

how the fuck they going the power the son of a bitch?

we need to stop hiring chinks in our national security and defense companies and high levels of intelligence and military. they are all funneling informaiton back to the homeland

I voted for Hillary hoping for WWIII.
China is giving me hope again.
Thank you, gooks.
Finish humanity off.

Probably some trickery with the units, so that they can divide some non-spectacular value by one trillionth of a microsecond to get a fuckhuge number for press publications.

You guys need to pick up some history book. China always have been innovative until enlightenment age. Thats when whites started to lead innovation.

A watt is a measurement of power over time equivalent to one joule expended in a second.
It's a 10KW laser.
Those power numbers are as useless as Peak and RMS wattage on speaker information. Hyped up for headlines and completely meaningless.

kek

Now if they'd do something useful with it like vaporize extinction threatening asteroids.

And how Tsar Nicky underestimated the Japs.

They will be able to do it. Energy is power x time. The time is for a trillionth of a second (10e-12) so the energy will be small compared to global power output, which is basically continuous.