2018 Grammy Awards is being accused of sexism

>In this year of female empowerment with the #MeToo and #TimesUp movements becoming such important parts of our culture, the 2018 Grammy Awards have come under fire for their lack of female representation. In particular, fans are calling out the Grammys for their head-scratching decision to invite the four male Album of the Year nominees to perform solo, but not the only female contender, Lorde.
>“There’s no way we can really deal with everybody,” Grammys executive producer Ken Ehrlich said backstage after being questioned by journalists about Lorde’s absence. “She had a great album. Album of the Year is a big honor, but … sometimes people get left out that shouldn’t. We did the best we can to make sure that it’s a representative and balanced show.”
>Recording academy president Neil Portnow added fuel to the fire when he suggested that women simply need to “step up” to the level of men. That comment was in reference to the fact that only one female artist won a Grammy on the live telecast: Alessia Cara for Best New Artist.
>Earlier on Sunday TMZ reported that Lorde declined the option of performing as part of a group tribute to Tom Petty‘s “American Girl.” She wanted to perform solo, just like fellow AOTY nominees Childish Gambino (“Awaken, My Love!”), JAY-Z (“4:44”), Kendrick Lamar (“DAMN.”) and winner Bruno Mars (“24K Magic”) were allowed to do.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=KoLlXipEg8Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Everyone knows Lorde is a man.

>album of the year nominees are Kendrick Lamar, Lorde, Childish Gambino, Jay-Z, and Bruno Mars
How did things ever get this bad

This

Fuck this gay earth.

And no one with any brains or sense of perspective gives a single, dry, crumbling shit.

Lorde is actually pretty good

her second album (the nominated one) was worse than first, but still one of the better records this year

>Lorde is actually pretty good

If you're going to listen to women who sing in that style, at least listen to one whose lyrics and voice aren't utter trash.

>Female genital mutilition is happening in Africa right now, but lets just concentrate on some millionaire ugly man faced hag not getting a solo performance while we also talk about stare rape and pick-up truck roadsplaining

Accelerationism desu

Isn't she the one that boycotted Israel? Could be the reason rather than her being female.

I could see this. We all know (((who))) runs the failed abortion that is the music industry

feel free to post some

I listened to second album like 2 times total, but Pure Heroine was not niggerfied and kinda comfy in the teenager-drama kinda way

>Album of the year
>Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino, Bruno Mars

What?
Out of all the music produced this year, that is supposed to be the best?

You don't exist because there is no country called "Czech Republic."

Opinion discarded.

Why does anyone fucking care? Booo fucking hooo, some overpaid self centered bitch didn't get what she wanted, I have bigger problems to worry about than her fragile ego. Honestly, why do people get so involved with people in entertainment? I'm pretty sure if every silly awards show was discontinued tomorrow movies, TV and music would start improving over night because then the serious artists would stop trying to win awards and start actually doing good work.

The cash grabs will always be there but at least we could get rid of the some of the sycophantic environments that exists in Hollywood.

>Lorde
>female

Honestly she isn’t in the wrong. If all the other nominees got the right to sing a solo song why not her? She did the right thing of not going. :/

Lana Del Rey's first album Born to Die is a masterpiece. Her sultry voice is not only sexier, but the whole of her album is a treatise on the tragedy that is the early adult female. Falling in love with pieces of shit who treat her like garbage, hating herself, and learning too late that it wasn't worth it. It's so fucking redpilled that I had a feminist acquaintance of mine complain to me that she was worried about her little sister listening to it because it taught her things about "gender roles" that she found "problematic."

Amy Winehouse, while less refined in her lyrical approach, conveys the same feel with an equally sexy voice.

The two women above are representative of the tragic wayward young woman presented in the classical sense.

Lana is my favorite female singer and Born to Die + Paradise is trully a masterpiece, too bad her recent work is "good" at best and Amy is talented for sure, but I don't really like her that much, but some tracks are really good

but Lorde is great as well, she sings about being teenager in today's world, without constantly talking about clubbing, drinking, smoking weed and dating niggers

Of course it is why
>Lordes publicly boycotted Israel for human rights
Oh sowwee sweetie, not enough time for you to perform at the Woke Womyn Grammy's. Pure cohencidence. Sup Forums could have used this Jewish Awards diss to redpill normies.

'Melodrama' is indeed THE BEST album of this year. I've never witnessed such lyrical and sonical cohesion on a pop-record. There is a reason why this album has the highest Metacritic score out of all female pop albums. I still have a fire extinguisher by my side to get over the fact that this masterpiece LOST to fucking BruNO Mars with his 80/90s reductive trash. Fuck this midget.

Because the modern west has lost it's touch with life. People consume these shollow entities of artificial pop culture, identity politics, and shallow hardware consumerism.

The modern west really is becoming cultureless, vapid, and depressing without a sense of genuine warm happiness.

Maybe I haven't given her enough of a chance, but Royals is one of the most obnoxious songs I have ever had to endure.

i have no words. degenerates..

Good! I could barely stand to watch that #sexistgrammies display.

I will admit to liking Lana del Rey, but we shouln't pretend her music is actually good. It's still just pop trash.

you're spot on about her lyrics being redpilled though, she is the roastie incarnate. I think she must be autistic or something because that type of honesty is just bizarre

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
Yes, it is. In '87, Huey released this; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.

She’s actually talented and all the other nominees received the opportunity to sing a solo. Why not her?

She’s fucking hot but gosh I can’t stand her . She is the poster child for progressive poison, her Croatian kurva mother is an award winning poet who married a Jew record producer and produced this sexy demon seed who is privileged beyond belief yet tries to take up the mantle like she’s some fucking pariah for women’s rights. Yo mama scum and yo daddy a Jew you ain’t no gangster and you ain’t no voice of people she just another ivory tower bimbo being used as a pawn to attempt to demoralize us. Fuck her for attempting to take the Lords name in vain. I call her Lorti fuck Lorti

Thats what she gets for criticizing our greatest ally

Did you know that Whitney Houston's debut LP, called simply Whitney Houston had 4 number one singles on it? Did you know that?
It's hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks, but "The Greatest Love of All" is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves. Since, it's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It's an important message, crucial really. And it's beautifully stated on the album.

Royals is by far the worst song from first album,I have no idea why they always pick the worst songs as singles.

I'm sorry that I listen to anything other than Burzum and Hitler's speeches

Yes yes, very funny. I'm saying that LDR's work is good because it speaks to a truth that no one in Hollywood or the wider culture would ever dare to admit: women crave to be used and abused, and will throw away their youth for a fleeting fleeing chasing a bad boy.

Also, nice proxy

If the Jews keep up this shit, soon the joke about music will be: You listen to music? What are you, a faggot or a nigger lover? How long do they think they can survive without white men?

Royals is actually her best song. I am surprised that general public actually clicked with Royals and not with some more commercial and radio-friendly songs on 'Pure Heroine'. The lyrics are really great. It was so refreshing to hear an alternative song on TOP-40 radio stations which isn't about sex, parties or loooove. One of my favorite mainstream alternative sing along with 'Stressed Out' by 21P. By the way, Royals was recently certified diamond, only a few female songs managed to do that and I would say that Royals is definitely my second favorite diamond-certified song after Gaga's Bad Romance.

They'll just send it back here. It would be useless.

Dude, I'm just fucking with you and posting the insane ramblings from Patrick Bateman in American Psycho.

the Ukrainians are really not sending their best

Kys yourself after you gtfo of this board

>listening to Methney Houston
I'm so glad this bitch is rotting in hell right now. In the end of the day she is only remembered for covering that Dolly Parton's song.

DOG EAT DOG but all the dogs left are themselves

You mad?

Who cares about that shitty award. Only nigger and whore music anyway.

CB and BM are both hugely talented. The rest are worthless

>men snubbing women
>634 genders

Make up your mind already

>How did things ever get this bad
nothing has changed, just too many jew rats were flushed out in the spotlight so they're doubling down for exceptionally retarded members remaining in their base

I think xe is cute.

this. she's feeling the solidarity with pic related

I want to have a experiment where we take 30 sjw progressive leftists addicted to virtue signaling drop them on an island and tell them to build a society to live there for a month. Right before they are left alone I want the researcher to subtly ask which one of them is the most oppressed.

That's because a turk would fuck anything that moves

stfu Lorde is the new Tay Tay

No one in the mainstream actually believes in that meme anymore. Btfo too many times.

beauty
is
subjective

Lana was cood before she tried to sing with a "deep" voice and became something else. It was wgite trash slut with daddy issues music, but insanely well done, then the music became niggerified, because it's what you have to do, and she started voicing political opinions. Artists are dumb, so of course they shouldn't. Same with grimes, the beggining was great in a "outsider art" kind of way. She was good because she had no clue and just played shit that popped in her drugged brain. Both were co opted and ruined by feminists. Which is expected, artists, again, are very dumb (but talented) people.

I have to return some video tapes

And I saw a pit filled with serpents of every size and color. And each serpent was striking at the others so they might kill, and devour them. But none could fully overcome all the others. And the battle was everlasting.

Kek, the big story is Bruno winning and not Jay Z

m.youtube.com/watch?v=KoLlXipEg8Y

"Racist sexist Jew Ken Ehlrich humiliated Lorde because of her political views on Israel!"
It has meme potential.

> with the #MeToo and #TimesUp movements becoming such important parts of our culture
Are hashtags considered to be movements now? And pieces of art, too?

Lorde endangered her career and herself by refusing to perform in Israel.
Now the Kike Army is getting its revenge. Look for more 2 happen 2 her, maybe even an 'accident.'

Hello everybody, this is Running the Grammys, MUSIC REVIEEEEW!

Hello and welcome everybody....this is..running the grammys...music review....

>Childish Gambino
I'M ALL ABOUT THAT SLAAAAAAVERY

>Grammys executive producer (((Ken Ehrlich)))
Huh, I wonder why anti-Israel activist Lorde was banned from the Grammys.

How the fuck do women persistently find shit to be offended over? Like literally everything and anything, they are a victim of.

Now that we've catered to one of their whims, we're going to be doing this shit repeatedly until men are second class citizens, because women are not content with equality at all, they want supremacy.