WWII Era Japanese propaganda cartoon thread! They were the earliest forms of anime & manga after all

WWII Era Japanese propaganda cartoon thread! They were the earliest forms of anime & manga after all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=icVu-acHlpU
youtube.com/watch?v=VdzrgJA_iWA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Brisbane
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I got this pre-war anime here, dunno if it counts
youtube.com/watch?v=icVu-acHlpU

>WWII era
>earliest forms of anime & manga
Is this bait, or what?

WWII propaganda cartoons were eerily similar to modern North Korean propaganda.
youtube.com/watch?v=VdzrgJA_iWA

They also tried to incite blacks to revolt against whites. Their depictions of blacks though...

This.... looks very very similar to Squirrel and Hedgehog.

shunga is not anime

How did they even distribute those ?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Brisbane

Text is in Indonesian/Malay
>Whether you're an adult or a child, let us all speak in Nippon. Nippon language, the language of The Greater East Asia!

It's from Jakarta, Indonesia. Jawa Shinbun.

The line on the right is saying "let's become speakers of Japanese!", but in pure Katakana, for some fucking reason.

There appears to be a misprint, even, in the bottom left bit. It says "Kanajawa Shinbun", which isn't a thing. It should be either "Kanagawa Shinbun" or "Kanazawa Shinbun".

>in pure Katakana
Because they don't want to scare off people who are comparably subhumans with Chinese characters.

Would you learn English if all you had to go on was Hawthorne?

what's a hawthorne

Imagine a SEA that spoke japanese.

If only the greater east asia co-prosperity sphere was realized.

I went to a museum in Singapore, the books they used to teach nipponese are in katakana.

waito piggu go homu

I like how it' doesn't have engrish

>starts with something clearly in fucking english and doesn't even have japan

take it, fag.

Two images, just for your two!

What did they mean by this?

>シテヰタ
Wow, neat little sign of the times.

>ロスケ、ハヤクニゲロ
kek

dropping leaflets and pictures in enemy territory was really common propaganda practice in WW2...
OP's image was made by japan and ideally used to spread distrust between aussies and americans
tl;dr: you're a retard

Tell me more about it over at

Uncultured swine please.

Why don't you fuck off to Sup Forums?
This is a good thread idea.
Better than another shitty DBS general, or whatever it is you like.

indo-jap almost a thing, but of course fat murican has to drop their gay bombs so soon and Soekarno and his boy scouts declared proclamation the day after.
fucking dutch didn't even left anything after 350 years of colonization.

>you are a Sup Forumsnigger and DBS cancer if you don't like Sup Forumsshit
Bravo.

>Indonesia hates Japan
>Indonesia hates China
How do they feel about Korea, in general?

How is this Sup Forumsshit?
I'm just going to ignore your retarded ass, now.

>Indonesia hates Japan
were on better term now, especially after japan admitted and apologized for all the warcrimes back then.
ha, its fucking great, i mean japs still in denial about Napkin Massacre.
we have no any hard feelings about korean, we do love their gay boyband afterall.
the mudslimes here are the only one that hate chinese.

Surprising lack of anti-kike propaganda.

There are no kikes in the Pacific.

They didn't care, they would do -anything- to get ahead, including housing Jews specifically (!) because Hitler told them they controlled the world (so they could get a piece of that pie and/or learn their secrets so they could take over).

Chinese Jews have existed for a long time.

I'm guessing you've never heard of the Fugu Plan?

If they didn't go on their raping sprees and mass killing of locals then South East Asia would most likely have a large number of Japanese speakers. Unfortunately it was more like a trade of European colonialism for Japanese colonialism.

But the Jews fear the samurai

>Indonesia hates Japan
Citation needed. Not even my grandmother who was around during the Japanese occupation hates Japan.

I was just responding in turn to what he said about Sukarno and the bombs. I didn't really mean it in a full-on 'hate' sense.

I do know that Indonesians hate Chinese people, though. That is totally indisputable.

Trippy as fuck.

That has nothing to do with 'hate' either. They only saw the vacuum of power (japan withdrew right after the bombs) an opportunity to declare independence.

Fun fact: Sukarno had a harem and one of his wife is a Japanese.

these threads always turn into a shitflinging contest
>polite sage

I don't see any shitflinging